Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Inner Strength ❯ Goodbye to You ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Goodbye to You

G-General / Romance

Summary: The sequel to Inner Strength. Sora just tells Matt she moving to collage and finishing High School in New York with her Aunt. At the airport here, friends and family are there to wave her goodbye.

Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon or Goodbye to you it belongs to Michelle Branch.

*-*-*-*-

Matt's POV

*-**-*-*-*-

Of all the things I've believed in,
I just want to get it over with,

All of the digidestined are at the airport wait for Sora. Tai was think about his best friend and childhood crush. Kari was crying and Davis was trying to comfort her she was remember what happen to her and Tk when Piedmon got her brother and friends and Sora sacrifice herself for them. Tk was always think about Sora how she procet him from in the Digiworld and look up at Sora as a mother when he was young.

tears form behind my eyes,
but I do not cry,

Joe was think about a certain tomboy how she was always by his side and tells him never give up. Izzy was think the time when Tai was being a certain troublemaker when the were inside the pyramid in the Digiworld and Sora yelled at him to stop. Mimi was think about her friend how the where great team and defeat that digimon on the boat.

counting the days that pass me by.
I've been searchin' deep down in my soul;

Davis Try to put his mind when she first beat him at soccer and teach him no tricks with ball. Ken was think the time when she first beat Davis and Davis was mad and started to cry but at the end she was feeling a little bad beat him so she deicide to teach him new trick and him to. Cody was think about when the were in Digiworld and the were playing card games with the digimon and Sora help him a little.


words that I'm hearin' are starting to get old,
it feels like I'm starting all over again,

Yolei was think the time when Sora tell her tha she was always be her friend and to trust your digimon at all coast. In addition, to never leave a battle and to fight for what was right.

The last three years were just pretend,
and I said...

Matt was thinking the time at the beach when Sora first kisses him. In addition, wonder why he did not kiss her back. Nevertheless, that was in the past he was think when she leave he will kiss her and tell her that he love her.

Goodbye to you,
goodbye to everything that I knew,

Takenouchi's walk inside this airport with Sora Ms. Takenouchi was in tears in her eyes. Mr. Takenouchi was trying to comfort his wife. There was Sora stand beautiful with her bag's over here shoulder. With one little tear in her eye.

You were the one I loved,
the one thing that I tried to hold onto.

Sora walk up to Tai and said "I'm gonna miss you, oh fearless leader", suddenly Tai lost it. He buried her head in her shoulder and started to cry. "Sora, it's not going to be the same without you. Who's going to laugh at all my jokes? Who's going to translate all the big words Izzy uses? Who's going to remind me when Kari's birthday is? Who's going to break up all the arguments with Matt and I get into about who has the better hair? Who..." Sora cut him off, giggling at first then laughing.


I still get lost in your eyes,
and it seems that I can't live a day without you,

Tai stopped crying. "Tai calm down! Somebody will laugh at your jokes, and well just about everyone could translate for you."

"Not Davis!" Tai exclaimed. "He didn't understand Izzy what was going off about the other day."

closing my eyes,
and you chase my thoughts away,

"But I guess you're right. I am going to miss you a lot. You're like another little sister to me."

Sora rolled her eyes as the rest of us laughed. "What?"

"I may have to remind you when my birthday is too, Tai. I'm older than you." Tai flushed crimson.

"I knew that." He gave Sora one last hug and a kiss on her cheek causing Sora to let a few tears fall down her face. This made me burn with rage.

to a place where I am blinded by the light,
but it's not right.

Sora then moved on to Kari. "Sora, I'm going to miss you so much. You've always been an older sister to me and you've been my role model, especially considering Taichi is my brother." Her response earned a smile from Sora and a vehement muffled exclamation from her brother.

"Take care, Kari. Look out for everyone mainly the troublemakers," she said causing both the girls to laugh. "I'm going to miss you so much and miss seeing you grow up." The waterworks had started. I could tell by 7:00 each of us would shed their own fair share of tears.

Goodbye to you,
goodbye to everything that I knew,

Then she gives the new digidestined hugs and words that will carry them. Davis was simling what Sora said to them and Yolei started to cry in Sora's arms and so did the rest of them.

You were the one I loved,
the one thing that I tried to hold on to.

Then walk over to Izzy, Joe, Mimi, and give each big hugs and Mimi was crying in Sora arms and Sora wispered in her ear and mad Mimi blush.

Sora wrapped Tk in a hug, both of them alternating between laughing and crying at some memories. She knocked off Tk's fisherman hat and ruffled his hair in a loving gesture. I saw my younger brother trying to keep it together but fail.

Sora, just as she had done to Kari, whispered something in my little bro's ear that made him blush.

Tears began forming in my eyes as Sora made her way to me. "Matt …" she started.

Ooh whoa...
and it hurts to want everything and nothing at the same time,

Sora and I looked at each other tears falling from both our eyes.

"Stay strong." I whispered brushing the tears from her eyes. "Sora, I lov…"

"Flight 88 to New York City…" I drowned out the rest. That was my last chance to tell Sora…

I want what's yours and I want what's mine,
I want you,
but I'm not giving in this time.

"Here," she whispered brushing a slip of paper into my hand as her parents yelled at her once more. I squeezed her hand I don't think she noticed. There was no time to explain and no chance to say three little words. The rest of the chosen encircled us. I kissed her cheek as her parents frantically began picking up her bags. Sora slowly released herself from my grasp, letting her hands travel to my face and repeat the gesture I had done moments before, clearing the tears from my eyes.

Goodbye to you,
goodbye to everything that I knew,
You were the one I loved,

She picked up her bags and the sixteen chosen joined in a group hug. We all parted allowing Sora to board the plane. Tears began from all our faces. My shoulders began to shake as Sora turned around once more; tears again built up in her eyes as she gave one final wave goodbye.

`I love you Sora' she never know that when she left to her destiny to become a designer.

the one thing that I tried to hold onto
Goodbye to you, (goodbye to you)
goodbye to everything I thought I knew, (goodbye to you)
You were the one I loved,

I whispered to myself looking around at the other Digidestined. Kari and Joe were attempting to comfort Tai while Izzy was hugging Mimi tightly. "Fate just has a weird way of bringing two people together and then slapping them in the face at the last moment."

"You two will be together someday," Tk, said looking up at me, his blue eyes full of hope.

"Yeah," I answered wistfully. "That is if I can ever get a minute alone with her to get the last two words out…"

Tk continued his talk. "Love and friendship belong together, Matt, and I know they will be."

the one thing that I tried to hold onto,
(the one thing that i tried to hold onto)
the one thing that I tried to hold onto.

We looked above us at the sight of Sora's plane flying overhead off on its way to New York. Goodbye, Sora.

I climbed back in to my Dad and Mom's van the were wait for us to come out and we left and I reach in my pocket and read the note:

Matt,

By the time you're reading this, I'm probably off on my way to NY. I just wanted to tell you how much I'm going to miss you and be thinking of you when we're out there. Mom and dad bought me a cell phone before we left so I wouldn't have to use our phone wracking up a phone bill. Believe me, I would have too. My number is at the bottom and I hope I'll talk to you and the others of course when I land. Please pass it on to the others from me. I've gotta go, mom and dad and yelling at me telling me I we'll be late if I don't get my butt moving out the door. People just seem to have a way of interrupting the two of us when we're attempting to communicate, don't they. See you whenever-Sora

The one thing that i tried to hold onto)
Oh, oh whoa, oh, oh (one thing that i tried to hold onto)
and when the stars fall I will lie awake,

Tk ask me what she said. I told him nothing and he just smiled at me. When we got out all of us went to the park and to think about Sora and I did what Sor ask me to do we all have her cell-phone number. In addition, wondering will I see here again will she remember us when she comes back? I know she would and I hope she listen to my song that I wrote for her when she comes back to us.

you're my shooting star.