Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Lighting Heart ❯ Part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~*~*~2 weeks after the funeral~*~*~*~
"You okay?" Tai asked as he and T.K walked into the living room, with Matt sitting at the edge of the bed. He looked so depressed and so sad. "Matt, you haven't said a word all day and you've been couped up in this room the whole time. Do you wanna talk?" He was silent. Tai shook his head and just as he was about to leave, Matt spoke up, "She meant so much to me...." Tai and T.K came back and sat next to him.
"I never knew that a sweet and innocent girl like her could be so concieved by her own hatred." Matt continued.
"Matt....Dawn was drawn forcefully into Corneo's grasp. We released her from it and I bet she is grateful. Dawn can rest peacefully." T.K explained.
"But why did she have to die?? Dawn didn't deserve it! Because we couldn't stand up to him, she paid her own life in order to save us! I just wish that she didn't do it....I wish I never fell in love with her! Why did I?! I'll never hear her voice ever again and I'll never forgive Diamond Records or the Digimon Emperor....EVER!!" Matt said, clenching his fist.
"You fell in love with Dawn because you cared deeply for her and you said that she was absolutely and amazing person...someone you'd never find in a million years. None of us will hear her voice...Dawn was all of us....Courage, Love, Friendship, Hope, Knoweldge...All the crests are basically what she had that took us a while to understand. She had the Angel crest...the most unique of us all. It fit her so well. We will always remember as angel-winged digidestin and none of us will ever forget it." Tai said. Matt walked into his father's room and opened up a drawer. Tai and T.K followed him in and looked at him in shock when he pulled out a gun.
"Matt! What the heck are you doing??" Tai asked.
"I've got nothing to live for anymore....I lost my most precious thing....and now I'm going to meet up with her...." He replied.
"Whoa! Hang on a second!" T.K shouted. "Are you nuts?!"
"No....I just don't care about my life....See ya guys on the other side.." He said and just as he was about to pull the trigger, Tai took a swift move in action and forcefully took the gun out of his hand. Tai put the gun in his pocket, while Matt fell onto his knees and buried his face into his hands.
"Matt....killing yourself is not the way to solve this matter...." Tai began. "As you begin to get older, you know that a lot of hurts never really go away.....This one will definitely be a one to remember....being locked deep within your memory." Matt looked up and all of a sudden, he saw something sparkling in his room. He got up and walked over to it with T.K and Tai following, feeling confused. Matt turned on his light in his room and went over to his bookshelf. There, he found Dawn's locket. He took it into his hands and held them close to him. How did this get in here? He thought. I coulda sworn Dawn had it.... He then dropped to his knees, feeling like tears were going to burst out.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Back to the Present*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I'm sorry to hear that, Matt..." Tony said as he put his hand on Matt's shoulder. "Do you even know where you got the locket?" He shook his head.
"I still don't know...." Matt replied.
"...And Dawn had it on her when she died, didn't she?" Tai asked. "I think I remember it being there."
"That's what I thought....I kinda believe that Dawn sent it to me, but that's what I would like to believe."
"So, where is it?" Darien asked. Matt pulled the locket from under his shirt and showed everyone. They all awed at it in surprise.
"Wow....What a story....Was she really a powerful ancient?"
"Everything you heard from beginning to end was the truth." Tai said. "I would happen to be the witness to most of that stuff."
"Do you think that you might see her again, Matt?" Darien questioned.
"....Maybe....I just wish I could see her for one night and that would just make me the happiest man alive....but I suppose one night still isn't enough. An eternity would be better for me....I think Dawn has been watching over me like a guardian angel. As much as everything collapsed after her death, things began to turn up good and it was like I was able to start over....but this time, it was going to be without Dawn. I don't ever want to remember the way Dawn passed away....I only think about her as being on a vacation...and I'd go visit one of these days."
"Matt....She must of been a good friend.....she made a lot of sacrifices in order to save you guys. You guys try to save her, and she just ends up saving you all....right?"
"That's right..." Tai replied, lowering his head. "She had a good heart....But..." He said when his sad face turned into a small grin. "She was stubborn at times....I remember how she always did things when they needed them to be done, even if no asked her, and she goes beyond it....Once she made up her mind, that was it. Dawn had always put her heart before her own life....that was her only real weakness...."