Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Love ❯ Eternal Love ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Note: This is Chapter two of "Lost Love", sequel to "Impossible Love". Please read that first before reading this. This story is about Tai's adventure in saving Katrina. Are you getting excited? You better read on 'cause Katrina and Tai are finally together!!

Disclaimer: I don't own any characters except for Katrina! (But I do love them!!*hehe*)

Lost Love

By Sakura Kinomoto

Chapter 2 Eternal Love

Katrina's eyes fluttered open. Where was she?

Soon her eyes got used to the light. She looked at her surroundings and recognized as her home in the Digital World.

"Why am I here?"

She went outside, when suddenly the sky turned gray and dark.

"Katrina." a voice boomed out.

Katrina dropped down on one knee and called out, "Azulongmon, I'm here!"

"Get up, Katrina! Do you know why I called you back?"

She shook her head.

"I realized you and Tai got together too easily. You'll need to past a test, to test you guys, your love for each other. You are the only the spirit in this world anyway. I won't let you go that easy."

Katrina stared in amazement. What the heck did Azulongmon just tell her? Test? What for?

"I trust you," Azulongmon continued. "I just need to test Tai. You should be thankful I gave you time to get ready."

"But we...I never knew anything about it," Katrina finally spoke up. "Is that why I turned back to a spirit?"

"Yes," said the Digimon, "it's the only way to call you back. And to give Tai a surprise. I'll summon him soon."

"Oh my goodness, what test will Azulongmon give Tai? If I can only talk to him now..." thought Katrina.

Three days. Katrina has been gone for three days.

Tai was walking in the park. The park that Katrina always go for walks with him.

"Where did she go?" he thought.

They know that she went to the Digital World because the Digiport showed up, but...they couldn't pinpoint her exact location. The Digital World is too big to just search like that, by feet.

"She just disappeared like...poof!"

All of a sudden, a strong light shot from the sky and hit Tai. Then...he was gone.

Where was he?

That was the first thought Tai had when he woke in a place he wasn't familiar with.

All he remembered was he was in the park, then...

He looked around his surroundings, this looks...the Digital World!

"What am I doing here?" murmured Tai to himself.

The sky turned dark and Azulongmon appeared.

"Tai."

"Azulongmon! May I know why I'm here? Do you know where Katrina is? You know right?"

The Digimon replied, "Yes, she's with me."

Happiness shone in his eyes, "Really? Can I see her? Talk to her?"

"Of course you can."

"Uh...I mean 'May I'?"

"No."

Tai nearly fell on the ground. "Why not?"

"Because..."

Suddenly, Tai was in a different place. Not anywhere he has been, but looks digitally enough. He still could hear Azulongmon, but could not see him.

"...you have to past this test to see Katrina. It's a difficult one I tell you. Be careful." The voice soon faded away.

Tai looked around. He was on a cliff. Nobody was around. He looked down, it was pretty high. Around five stories high. Tai looked down again.

"Katrina!"

Tai turned back to go down hill. There was a forest, but it'll take too long to get down. He might even get lost in there. He looked down, it doesn't look too high, so he...

Thump!

Tai stood up, he wasn't even hurt one bit. He looked around, he saw...Agumon!

"Agumon! Do you know where's Katrina?"

The Digimon shook its head.

"You're not my Agumon are you?"

The Digimon just gave a "Follow me" look.

Tai followed it.

They stopped by a rock. Suddenly the rock glowed bright orange. The sign of courage appeared.

Agumon suddenly spoke up, "Tai you have passed the first test. Here, take this. It's proof."

Tai took the crest-like pin and pinned it on his jacket.

"I'll take you to the next test."

Agumon and Tai arrived at a castle, an ancient one too.

"Agumon, why are we here?"

The Digimon gave a wave, telling him to go in. Then it was gone.

Tai went inside the ancient castle. When he arrived in the front of the great hall, he saw a familiar shadow.

"Katrina!"

The shadow turned around, facing him.

"Tai!"

He ran towards her, asking, "Are you okay?"

Katrina smiled, "Yes, Matt saved me!"

"What?" Tai stopped running. That's when he noticed the person behind her. "Matt!"

"Sorry Tai, but Katrina and I fell in love with each other. We..."

"What? What about Via, Matt? You must be kidding." That is so impossible.

Katrina replied, "Sorry Tai, it's true. Via will understand."

Tai looked at Katrina. She looked really happy. Oh well...

"Well, hope you guys would be happy…"

Suddenly, the two turned into a blue light, then into a Gabumon.

Tai smacked his head, "That was the second test wasn't it?"

The Gabumon nodded. Then it gave a "Follow me" look.

"Again..."

They came to a flag in the hallway. It has the sign of friendship.

"I should have guessed."

The flag glowed blue. It turned into a crest-like pin of friendship.

Tai took the pin and pinned it under the pin of courage. "I need to follow you to the next test, right?"

The Gabumon nodded, so Tai followed it.

Gabumon led Tai to a river. He told Tai to stay here, then it disappeared.

Tai walked by the river side. As he walked, he began to understood the pattern. Each test represent each crest. He need to collect all eight pins to prove he has all eight qualities. Then the next one should be...love.

"Tai!"

Tai looked up. There stood Katrina on the other side of the river.

"Hey Katrina!"

"Um...Tai I haven't heard you say those three words to me for a long time."

Oh...so that was the test. Tai smiled.

"I love you, Katrina Kinomoto."

Katrina smiled. She glowed a red light and turned into a Biyomon. It flew over to Tai. It gave a "Follow Me" look.

"I know. To get the pin of love, right?"

Biyomon looked surprised, but nodded.

They walked by the river and stopped by an extra large water lily.

The lily glowed red and the sign of love appeared.

Tai took the pin and pinned it under the pin of friendship. He started walking, but Biyomon did not follow.

So he turned around and called, "Yo! Aren't you taking me to the test?"

Biyomon used its wing and pointed the other way.

"Oh..."

Biyomon brought Tai in front of a Tentomon. Then it disappeared.

The Tentomon spoke up, "Tai, in this test, all you have to do is answer two riddles to get the pin of..."

"Knowledge, right?"

The Digimon nodded.

"Here's the first one:

Can be seen or cannot,

Protect or attack,

Die or live forever."

Tai thought hard. Does this thing live in the real world or the Digital World? It sounds like Digimon, but all can be seen. If only Katrina was here.

"That's it! The answer is spirits! They have magic so they can be invisible or not. They protect the Digidestined and attack the enemy. They either are killed by evil or live on forever like Katrina."

"That is correct."

"Yes!"

"The next one is:

Katrina and Tai."

Tai frowned, "What kind of riddle is that?"

"A riddle."

He sighed. There must be something special between them two. One thing would be friendship, another would be...

"Love. The answer is love."

Tentomon nodded, "Here you go"

Tai took the pin of knowledge and pinned it under the pin of love.

"Follow me."

"Stay here," said Tentomon, then he disappeared.

"A desert, wow..." Tai muttered.

A figure caught his eye in the desert's centre.

"Katrina!"

She was lying there, breathing rapidly. Her hand was holding on to her throat, looking really sick.

"Yo Kat, are you alright?"

"Don't come near me."

Tai looked desperate, "Why, Kat? Why?"

"I...just want to ask you...a question." She took a deep breath after speaking.

"What is it?"

"When did you start to like me?"

"Uh..." Tai paused. When did he start to like Kat? Maybe he should tell the truth. "I don't know but I could tell you I use to like Sora. Maybe that blinded my feelings for you but I seriously don't know. Maybe you're actually Sora."

Katrina smiled, she glowed green and turned into a Palmon.

"Not again..." Tai said. "I know, I'll follow you."

They started to walk across the when suddenly part of the sand glowed green and turned into the pin of sincerity. Tai took it and pinned it beside the pin of courage.

Palmon started walking and, of course, Tai followed it.

"A forest again?"

Palmon nodded and disappeared.

Tai started to walk around the forest.

He saw Katrina beside a tree with a Gomamon.

"Katrina, what are you doing here?"

"Tai!" Katrina looked relieved. "Would you help me? The Gomamon got hurt, but I can't leave it alone. Can you help?"

"Sure Kat, how can I help?"

"Well..." Katrina paused. "Okay, you have to find a blue flower that looks like a lily. It has thorns on the bottom, but not the top. It has dark blue nectar inside the flower. Careful, the thorns have poison, so hold on to the top. Don't leave the thorns out though, I need it."

Tai replied, "Okay, I'll be back soon."

He walked for a long time looking for the flower. Finally he saw it. It was in between some bushes, hidden. He took his pocket knife out. Holding on to the top part, he cut the flower.

Taking the flower carefully in his hand, Tai walked back to where Katrina was.

Katrina nodded when she saw the flower. Then she glowed white and disappeared. Only the Gomamon remained.

"Wait, don't tell me. It's reliability isn't?"

The Gomamon nodded, and the flower in Tai's hand turned into the pin of reliability. Tai pinned it under the pin of sincerity.

"Hey..."

The Gomamon disappeared.

"What? Are all the test finished or something?"

Tai started to walk around the forest, wondering where's the real Katrina? That's when he heard it.

"Terra Force!"

Tai looked up, where the voice came from. There was Katrina fighting with a Black Wargreymon.

"What is Black Wargreymon doing here?" thought Tai.

"Black Tornado!"

Black Wargreymon was about to hit Katrina, but Katrina did not move.

"Katrina, careful!" shouted Tai.

Katrina started to move but it was too late. The attack had hit Katrina.

Tai yelled, "No! Katrina! Don't!"

Katrina dropped from the sky on to the ground.

"Tai..."

He ran towards her. "I'm here, Kat. Please don't go! Are you alright? Okay, maybe not. How can I help you? Kat..."

"Have hope, Tai. Even if I don't reconfigure, I'll always be with you," she whispered.

"No Katrina..."

Just then Tai remembered something. That flower, it might help. It was from the other test. He'll try no matter what.

"Stay here, Kat. Something might help you." With that, he walked towards the forest.

Katrina closed her eyes and glowed pink. Black Wargreymon who was watching from above glowed yellow. They soon turned into Gatomon and Patamon. They left behind the pins of hope and light and went away.

"Katrina, where are you?"

Tai was just walking out of the forest when he realized, Katrina wasn't there. In his hand, he was holding a similar flower to the blue flower from the last test. He was willing to try anything to save Katrina.

When he walked to where Katrina laid before, he saw the two pins.

"Not again..."

He pinned the pins below the pin of reliability. Suddenly the pins glowed together and towards one direction.

"Is that where Katrina is?"

He started following the light, leading him to where Katrina is, or he believes so.

Katrina watched in the ball.

"He's doing good so far...just one more..."

Katrina silently wished Tai good luck.

Tai climbed the mountain as he watched for caves to rest in. This mountain apparently has no trails for one reason or other. Tai continued climbing, sooner or later he'll reach the top, then he'll rest.

Finally, Tai reached the top.

"Oh, great!"

Tai looked around. This mountain practically has no flat surface. It's surface is so steep that you can't sit properly.

"What kind of mountain is this?"

He started to slide down the other side to find Katrina.

Tai stumbled as he walked. It felt like days since he had last drank water. The desert was so hot, and there was no oasis. Obviously, since this is the Digiworld, but he wasn't about to give up.

Tai tripped and fell right into the sand. He tried to get back up, but he felt so tired.

"Tai..."

"Katrina?"

He heard Katrina for sure. No giving up, he has to find Katrina, no matter what.

Suddenly he seemed to be transported to somewhere else. Tai looked around. This looks like a...house!

"Tai!"

That's when he saw Katrina standing in the doorway of a room.

"Katrina!" His voice sounded weak.

Katrina quickly filled a cup with water and gave it to Tai. He took it and drank eagerly.

Katrina smiled, "Careful, slow down."

Suddenly, Azulongmon's voice boomed out of nowhere. "Congratulations, Tai! You have passed the test, proving that you have all eight qualities. I am confident that you will help me take care of Katrina. I am not going to bother you now. Bye Katrina, take care."

Katrina looked at Tai happily, "You passed Tai! You passed!"

Tai laughed, "Yeah, I did!" He pulled Katrina into his arms and hugged her tightly.

Katrina hugged him back. "If your hands tighten any more, I'm going to choke to death."

Tai loosen the hug. "No, you won't."

He pulled her head close and kissed her gently on the lips. "I'm going to do CPR on you, if you faint from my hug."

Katrina giggled and kissed him back. Their kiss deepened. They probably stayed like that for more than ten minutes.

When Tai let go of Katrina, her face was all red. "Man, Tai, you were going to choke me."

"Oh well, but you have to know something before you choke."

"What?"

"I love you, Katrina Kinomoto."

"I love you, Taichi Kamiya."

~The End~

Author's Note: Yay!! I finally finished Lost Love!! What do you think of it? Now I can finally concentrate on my other fan fics, hope you enjoyed the story though! See you next time!!!!!!!!!!!!