Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Mending Fences ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 10 - Mending Fences

The silence was pregnant as I asked my question. The day had been bad, and it looked like it was about to get worse. I decided to be a little more forceful.

"What happened?"

"They want to know what I know about you, Tai."

Oh. That's bad. Wait…

"I don't think just that would get you this upset Henry, what else happened?"

"When he refused to tell us, Jeri left him."

The floor seemed to rock under me.

"Left him? Oh, god, what have I done?"

I took off out of the building, Rika may or may not have tried to follow; I'm not sure. If she did, we lost her early on.

*Jyarimon, guide me to Leomon! He'll know where Jeri is!*

*Right Taimon! He's near the school!*

*Then that's where we're headed!*


DIGI-MODIFY! Teleport Activate!

I scanned the green card, and then selected the one I left on the school's roof. When I appeared, I ran to the fire escape and slid down, just like in the movies.

*Where's Leomon now?*

*Moving towards the park, Taimon.*

*He's probably meeting Jeri then. Let's go!*


I took off on foot again, heading towards the park with all the speed I possessed.

I'll be damned if I let my presence cause Jeri misery yet again!!

When I got there I stopped to catch my breath.

*Is Leomon still here?*

*He's by my house.*


"All right. No more lies. Jyarimon, digivolve."

Digivolution_

Jyarimon Flash Digivolve to… Guilmon!


"Hide out here, boy. Don't come out until I say so."

"All right Taimon."

I walked into the park, up towards Guilmon's old hut.

They certainly cleaned this place up…

Then I heard the sound of crying. I walked towards the shed to find her. Leomon stood guard outside.

"I need to talk to Jeri, Leomon."

"I don't think she wants to see anyone right now."

"She needs to hear this, Leomon. I think you should hear it too."

Leomon sighed.

"Look kid. I'm not going to…"

"Let him in Leomon."

"Jeri?"

"It's all right. I'm done crying now."

Leomon quietly stepped aside and allowed me to enter. I motioned for him to follow me in. He sat down in the back. It was a little crowded, what with the rock in the center, but we managed.

"I assume you're here to talk about Henry?"

"Sort of."

"Well I'm not going back to him! You can forget that! He's keeping things from me! Things about you!"

"I'm not going to try to convince you to go back. I'm just going to tell you what I told him. Then you might understand why he couldn't tell you. I didn't want you to know, at least not yet anyway, but I also don't want my secrets to come in-between you two."

She smiled a little.

"Too late."

"Perhaps, but I'll try anyway. I owe a lot more than that to him… and to you."

She looked at me a little strangely. Then I took a closer look at the rock we were sitting around. A likeness of me and Guilmon, sleeping, resting against each other, all in a life-size onyx crystal. I went around to the front. There sat a small plaque. It read:

'Takato Matsuki

A good leader, a better friend.

May we be forgiven for our transgressions.'

Wow. I never knew…

"Hey."

"Huh? Oh, sorry, I got a little distracted for a moment."

"Just start Tai."

"Well. There's somewhere to start. My name isn't Tai."

I squatted down and removed my contacts. Then I looked up. She looked at me a little questioningly.

"What do your contacts have to do with your name?"

"You'll see in a second. Guilmon, you can come out now."

My large red friend poked his head into the shack.

"Are you sure, Taimon?"

Jeri looked at Guilmon, the rock, and then looked at my red-brown eyes again. Then, like Henry did when I first stepped back into this quadrant not one hundred feet from where we were, she fainted. I sighed and put my contacts back in.

"Leomon, when she wakes up, tell her I want to talk. I should be at Henry's all weekend. And don't tell Rika or Renamon. Rika beating me to death is the last thing I need right now."

He nodded.

"It's good to see you again… Takato."

"Thanks Leomon. I just hope Jeri feels the same way. Let's go home Guilmon."

He didn't answer. He looked like he was paying attention to something far away.

"Guilmon?"

*Taimon! Sakuyamon's in trouble! Armageddemon and Piedmon are there!*

*Damn. Jeri's out of it and Henry is in no condition to fight. Where do I go?*

*Turn left! And we'd better biomerge, it's a long way there…*

*Right.*


Biomerge
Digivolution_< br>
Guilmon Biomerge to… ChaosGallantmon!


Hang on Rika, I'm coming!

We took off. I just hoped it would be in time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come back here you coward!"

Stupid Piedmon! When I get my hands on him…!

I had ran out after Tai, but lost him when he ran into an alley. But then I spotted Piedmon flying overhead. Renamon and I biomerged to confront him, but he just kept running.

Where does this clown think he's going?

Then, we were nearing a cliff. Shinjuku Bluffs.

What's out here that's so special?

Then, something heavy slammed into my back and I went tumbling.

Oh, silly me, there's a trap out here. Great. My day just gets better and better.

"UTLIMATE FLARE!"

"TRUMP SWORDS!"

I back flipped out of the way of the incoming attacks and watched.

As much as I hate to admit it, I may be seriously outmatched here.

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts.

"CLOWN TRICK!"

"BLACK RAIN!"

Getting over Piedmon was easy, but dodging Armageddemon's Black Rain was a bit harder. I managed to dodge most of the tiny projectiles coming at me, but some of them I just couldn't.

"SPIRIT STRIKE!"

Delia: DIGI-MODIFY! Hyper Speed Activate!

Voice: DIGI-MODIFY! Hyper Speed Activate!

Both evaded my attack with ease and closed on me. I received another tail lashing from Armageddemon, and Piedmon gave me an uppercut that sent me flying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived to see Sakuyamon sent flying.

Now is not the time to hesitate Matsuki. Get in there!

"JUDECCA PRISON!"

My attack sent Armageddemon over the edge and, hopefully, down to his death.

Delia: DIGI-MODIFY! Hyper Wing Activate!

Damn.

"TRUMP SWORDS!"

I hastily raised my shield to block the attack and jumped to flip over his body. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that Armageddemon was still airborne. He clamped his jaw around my leg and tossed me into the air.

"TRUMPS SWORDS!"

Piedmon's attack sent me flying over the edge.

No!! I cannot afford to lose! If I do, Rika…

'*I'll always be there when you need me…*'

I could use your help now old friend…

'It will bond to ChaosGallantmon…'


And then, in that instant I understood. I had been wrong. His physical form might have been gone, but he still existed. Inside me. I decided to try, If it worked, I would get both my friend and my wings.

If it doesn't, well, that ground looks pretty hard…

"GRANI!!!!!"

I could feel Grani's data gather in my shield, and I pointed it down and released the Light of Digivolution. As the data poured out of the shield, it combined with the light to form a red wire frame that the rest of the data quickly piled onto, taking the shape and color of my old friend. His golden eyes opened, and his engines roared to life. He caught me on the way down before banking back into the sky.

*Thank you, tamer. I feared you wouldn't learn in time.*

*Why didn't you say anything?*

*I thought you knew. By the time I realized it was too late.*

*Enough talk. We've got a battle to win.*

*Of course, my friend. Which do you want?*

*Piedmon. Armageddemon's slow enough for you fly circles around him.*

*Agreed.*


We were about two hundred feet from the top when Piedmon dropped Sakuyamon over the edge.

"Goodbye, my dear. Follow your knight into oblivion."

*Grani!*

*I see her.*


We swerved into the path of Sakuyamon's freefall. I grunted a little as she slammed into my arms. She was conscious, but only barely.

"Put… me… down… stupid… knight…"

With that, she drifted off, and was reduced to Rika and Renamon. It was a little odd, but I heard sounds of struggle on the top of the cliff. Then we reached the top and were greeted with a rather large surprise. MegaGargomon and SaberLeomon had just arrived on the scene and were tearing into Piedmon and Armageddemon in a rather effective manner. MegaGargomon was taking hits left and right while firing, providing a living shield for SaberLeomon so that the data type digimon could take cover in-between its lightning fast strikes.

*Change in plans Grani. Keep Rika and Renamon safe.*

*Right.*


I gently laid them down on Grani's back, and leapt into the fray. I felt a surge of adrenalin as I landed on Piedmon's back, flattening him comicly. I pointed my lance down at the back of his neck.

"DEMON'S DISASTER!"

Voice: DIGI-MODIFY! Alias Acivate!

Piedmon exploded into data and Goblimon's much smaller frame meant that I missed. It ran off to a tall boy with curly brown hair and eyes to match. He turned and began running. Delia screamed at him.

"DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE CANTERSON! THE MASTER WILL NOT BE PLEASED!"

"HE CAN KISS MY ASS OTENUSKI! AND FOR THAT MATTER SO CAN YOU! I'M LEAVING BEFORE THEY MANAGE TO KILL US!"

Delia growled, but then followed suit, using Armageddemon as cover fire. Henry started to pursue.

"Stop Henry."

"Why Ta… ChaosGallantmon?"

"Relax Henry, I told her. Well, not everything…"

"But enough that I get the point. I've forgiven you Henry; it was a good reason, but not you Takato. Not yet. Why did you lie to us?"

"Because I didn't know what you'd say. I was paranoid, I'll admit, but to see people who believe that you're dead, when you didn't exactly part on the best of terms, well…"

"I guess so, Takato. Have you told Rika?"

"No. And I'm not going to. Not yet."

"Takato…"

"It's not that I don't want to Jeri, it's just that I want to clear up the Alicia incident from this morning first. I'd like to wait until we're on good terms before I drop that bombshell on her."

"I see. I hope you know what you're doing Takato."

"So do I…"

Jeri laughed, a strange sound with the dual voice in effect. Then Henry groaned.

"I am really not looking forward to getting home."

"Relax, Henry. If we dedigivolve, I'm sure Grani will take us."

*Right, Grani?*

*Of course, my friend*


Grani began to land. We all dedigivolved and got on.

"I thought Grani was dead."

"So did I. I'll tell how he came back as we head home. We'll drop off Rika on the way. She and Renamon should be out for awhile."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed, more than a little tired as I fumbled with my keys to get in. I dropped them, but Takato grabbed them before they could fall. He unlocked the door himself. Then he sighed, as if he had just come to a hard decision. He burst in the door, turned, and slammed it in my face! I could distinctly hear the chain-bolt being slid into place, before the door opened again as much as the bolt would allow.

"Takato, what the hell are you doing?"

"Sorry, Henry, but it's for your own good. I'm not letting you back in until you make up with Jeri."

"Takato…"

"I'm serious Henry. I'm not letting you in until you do."

"Hey! What about me?"

"…I'll open a window."

"Oh, all right then. See ya, Henry!"

"Terriermon!!"

"What? He's right. It is for your own good, after all."

I groaned as Terriermon ran down the hallway to the staircase.

"Can I at least have my keys?"

A single key was handed through to me.

"That's your spare car key. Now move Henry."

"Thanks Takato."

I was more than a little sour, but Takato was still cheery.

"Don't mention it Henry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grumbled a bit as I drove down the street. It was already a few hours after sunset, and it was raining. I mean really pouring outside.

Takato is being really unfair about this.

I glanced at the passenger seat, where a dozen white roses, Jeri's favorite, lay. If I was going to do this, I was going to do it right. Then, Jeri's house appeared over the next hill, and I turned into her driveway. Whatever prayers I had about the rain stopping before I got there were out the window now; if anything, it was raining harder outside.

And me without an umbrella…

As I ran up to the doorway, I noted the lack of cars in the driveway, and remembered that Jeri's dad and step-mom were on their second honeymoon. I rang the doorbell, and shortly there after the door opened a little for Jeri to peek out. Then she opened the door fully and ushered me in.

"Henry, what do you think you're doing out here in this weather! And without a coat or an umbrella either! Get in here!"

"Yes ma'am. Here… these are for you."

"Oh, Henry! They're beautiful!"

"Am I forgiven?"

"I thought I told you that earlier Henry. Of course you are!"

I blushed a little.

"W…well I should go…"

"Oh no you don't! You're not going anywhere mister. Not until you're dry. You go take a shower, and I'll get you some of my dad's things for you to wear until your clothes dry. Now move Henry!"

How come everyone keeps saying that to me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of hours later, my clothes were washed and dried, and Jeri and I were watching a movie on her couch.

"Hey Jeri?"

"Yes Henry?"

"Could I get you to call Takato and tell him we're all right now?"

"Why do I need to do that?"

I cringed a little, fearing another explosion.

"He locked me out until we made up…"

Surprisingly, she laughed about it.

"I'm not sure, Henry."

"Wha?"

"I think we've still got some 'making up' to do."

Then she snaked her arms around my neck, and pulled me into a kiss.