Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love Blooms ❯ Chapter 7

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Blooms (7)
A/n: How long has it been that I’ve been writing this story? Well, here it is, the final chapter. You’ve heard my whines and complaints about this story, but truth be told? I do cherish this. It has been the longest story I have written so far. Heh, I hope you enjoy this.
--
Brushing the warm tears that flowed so effortlessly down her cheeks, Mimi continued to gaze morosely down to the lake.

He does not care for me at all... her mind mournfully whispered. He never cared for me. What was my foolish heart thinking. She gave a slight snort at the silly though of Matt Ishida ever caring for her. A foolish dream from a foolish girl. That's me..A foolish girl. Clenching her fist tightly on her sides, her sorrow seeming to cause an aching pain inside her.

“Mimi-chan...”

Her eyes darted up to the shadows in front of her; startled at the voice yet knowing whom it belonged to.

Matt slowly steeped out of the shadows his azure eyes seeming to have an emotion Mimi could not understand in them.

His heart beat rapidly as his gaze locked to hers. This is it... but what is ‘it‘? He walked forward, slowly covering up the space that was between them. Until he was a mere few inches away.

As hard as she tried, she could not move her gaze away from his eyes, those beautiful eyes that showed warmth. Eyes that seemed to make her nervous and yet calm in the same time, if that were possible. It had almost caused her to jump when Matt began to speak once more.

“What I told Tai... it didn't come out right.”

Mimi's defense slightly perked thinking he would yet say something that would hurt her even more.

“Oh? Then pray tell me what it was that you had honestly meant to say?” She did not mean to make her voice so harsh as she had just done.

Matt finally looked away as he fought for the right words to say. Be sincere.. Glancing back towards her, he parted his lips and began to speak once more.

“I don't know how you have done it Mimi Tachikawa..But you have invaded my heart..” He glances down to his hands, “I fear my soul as well..”

It was more than Mimi had ever dreamed for him to say. It was more than she even expected him to say at all, which undoubtedly caused a few minutes of silence from her part.

Matt glanced back up to watch her eyes slowly turn to confusion, utter shock and finally realization of what he had just said. If it were a time to laugh he would have done so at the sigh of the funny and doubtful look she cast to him. However, laughter could not pour out of him as he waited in breathless hope for her response.

“Does this mean you like me?”

Matt nearly collapsed at that but instead he gave her an incredulous look. “You’re joking right?”

Mimi merely blinked.

Cocking a brow up, he watches her. Did this girl even hear anything I had just said? He cleared his throat, as he was about to repeat himself once more.

Mimi waved a hand gesturing him to not even try. “I got it Ishida-Chan.” Her eyes twinkled in merriment, “I'm not as ditzy as you think.”

Matt once again gave her a funny look. “You need to work on your sense of humor sometime Mimi.”

“Look who's talking, Mr. I'm too cool to smile for more than 5 seconds.”

However there were no angry retorts or remarks placed in this scene where both merely teased each other out of the relief. Relief of knowing how each felt for each other.
Mimi covered up the last few inches they had apart from each other as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Yamato.. You are the most frustrating boy I have ever met.” She slightly looked up to his puzzled face, “and I'm glad that’s the type of guy I adore and love.” She quickly kissed him.

He laughed softly as he slowly slid his arms around her waist pulling her closer towards him. “Does this mean you like me?” He questioned mimicking the words she had said only a minute or so ago.

Instead of replying to such nonsense of a question, she answered simply by kissing him once more. Matt didn't protest to it as he gently stroked a hand through her hair and kissed her back with the promise of happiness to come and a love that will bloom forever more.