Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love, Mimi ❯ The Writing and Losing of Aforementioned Note ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love, Mimi
by Akimi

Disclaimers/Author Notes: I do not own Digimon. While I wish I did, that's just it -- a wish. There are several other things I wish I owned, but we shall not go into such graphic detail at this point in time. If you really care to know, you can email me. Moving on, this chapter is only a prologue. Even though for those of you reading this on ff.net it will be chapter 1, it really is just a prologue. So don't go thinking it's something that it's not... Okay, on with the show!

**The Beginning**
Dear Matt,

I must start by saying that I love you. I really do. I love the way you do your hair. I love the way you smile. I love your eyes. But most of all, I think I love the fact that you love me, too.

You do, don't you? Love me too, I mean. Because if you didn't love me, I don't know what I'd do! I don't know, maybe I'd die ... maybe I'd just cry. (That rhymed. It was unintentional.) All I want, all I need, is to hear that you love me. Because I love you.

I heard this song on the radio today, and it made me think of you. It's called, "Everything U R," but I'm not sure who sings it. But that's not important. There's this line in the chorus... **All I need is everything u r** It's true... all I need is everything you are.

So please... just tell me that you love me. That's all I really want. Because, you know, I'm really in love with you. Really. If you would love me, my life would be perfect, just absolutely perfect. Write back!

Love,
Mimi

"You're not actually going to give that to him, are you?" Sora asked, laughing.
"Of course not, don't be silly. God knows I like Tai more than anything. And besides, Tai's the captain of the soccer team. I'm the captain of the cheerleading squad. It's only appropriate that I go out with Tai," Mimi explained quietly, so as not to draw attention to her and Sora's conversatioin. She folded the note neatly, and creased all the edges.
Sora smirked and pretended to work on her science worksheet. However, it was awfully hard to concentrate on finding the elevator's upward force when there was the situation at hand.
Matt had a crush on Mimi, that was common knowledge. Some people, especially the jocks, thought that it was pretty funny, the rebel having a crush on the princess. *Their* princess. And now, just for fun of course, Mimi had written Matt a "love letter" of sorts. She had no intention of giving it to him, and so it was okay.
Suddenly, the bell rang, and fourth hour was over. Mimi tucked the note into her planner, but in her hurry to get to her locker, she didn't notice that it slipped out and fell to the floor.
**
As Matt headed into his fifth hour science class, his eye was caught by a piece of paper on the floor, with his name on it. He picked it up. Observing the typical cheerleader-type handwriting, he quickly deduced that Mimi had to have written it. He took a seat in the back, and with a ponderous "Hmm...", proceeded to open the note.

* * * * *

So? How was it? Tell me in your reviews if you like it - if I get 3 good reviews I'll continue it. Thanks!