Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love, Mimi ❯ Is That Still What You Want? ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love, Mimi
by: Akimi

Disclaimer: I can't believe I still have to do these. I don't own Digimon, blah blah blah, you all know how it goes....
***
All the next day, Sunday, Mimi laid around watching TV and drinking hot chocolate. She couldn't do anything that required too much thought, for her mental capacities were occupied, thinking of Matt.

And all that night she had horrible, depressing dreams of breaking up with Matt and going out with Tai. But dreams were just that. Dreams, nothing more.

*

Now it was Monday. School that morning had been especially long and boring for Mimi; Matt wasn't in any of her four morning classes. She slept all through first hour speech, daydreamed about Matt all through second hour English (yes they teach English to everyone in Japanese schools), doodled and pretended to be listening during third hour geometry, and wrote Matt a nice, long note in fourth hour world history.

Finally, it was lunch time and they could be together!

The two of them decided to go to a fast food restaraunt with Tai and Sora. Once they got there, they ordered their food and sat down at a booth.

Tai smirked a little. Remember that plan he made on Saturday when Matt blew him off for Mimi? Yeah well, now it was time to put that plan into action.

"Mimi," he began, "why don't you just dump Matt and go out with me instead?" Kind of heartless, he knew, but if that's what it took to be better than Matt once again, then so be it. Never mind the fact that Matt was his best friend - he had to be better than him. He just *had* to be.

Mimi was shocked. Was Tai joking, or was he actually being serious for once? But why did it matter if he meant it or not? After all, she'd finally made her decision. She liked Matt. Simple as that, she was going to stay with him - at least for a while - because she liked him. A lot.

Matt almost laughed out loud. He knew Tai was joking. Tai wouldn't do that to him for reals, they were best friends. And besides, he knew that Tai didn't like Mimi like *that* anyway. ...Tai *was* joking, wasn't he?

Sora was overjoyed for her friend. Mimi was so lucky! How did she do it? 'I'll have to find out one of these days,' she thought. "Mimi, you got what you wanted!" she said excitedly.

The color drained out of Matt's face. What she wanted...?

"No, what are you talking about, Sora?" Mimi asked. She couldn't believe that all of this was happening. It was way too confusing. And what if Matt was hurt? What if he thought she didn't like him?

"Tai just asked you out, Mimi! It's what you've wanted for, like, the past year now. Take it while it's still there!" Sora replied.

"No Sora, you don't understand-"

"I understand perfectly well!" Sora cut in.

"No, you don't! See, I like *Matt* now. Not Tai."

Tai felt somewhat better. Just to see that look on Matt's face. Now, if only Mimi would just go for it and dump Matt. Then he would be the one with all the girls again, and it would put Matt back in his place. Not to mention, it would make him feel even more superior than he already did AND he'd have a cute girlfriend, too. How much better could it get?

"Come on, Mimi, you don't have to pretend like you really like him just because he's here. I mean, you've gotta tell him sooner or later," Sora coaxed.

For Matt, this was the last straw. First Tai started making passes at HIS girlfriend, and now Mimi didn't really like him? And after all the times she said she did... He just couldn't take it anymore. He got up, walked out to his car, and drove back to Odaiba High School.

As Mimi saw Matt leave, she realized that he must have believed what Sora had said. She jumped up, furious. "You ... BITCH!" she yelled at Sora, the tears in her eyes filling and beginning to overflow.

She ran out after Matt, but when she got there, she saw that he was already gone. But where did he go?

Tai and Sora came up behind her. Sora was quite shaken; she seemed to have realized her terrible mistake. When she saw Mimi crying, she was convinced.

"Come on, let's go," Tai said gently, wrapping his arm across her delicate shoulders. She wiggled out and away from him and climbed into the back seat of his car. He looked at Sora, and then they both got in front.

The drive back to school was silent as Mimi contemplated what had just happened, and various possible ways to kill Tai and Sora as a means of punishment.

*

'Perfect,' Tai thought as he drove himself, Sora, and Mimi back to school. 'Absolutely perfect...'
***
Yes, I realize that I made Tai to be a real dick. Sorry if you are offended. And yes, that was kind of a bitchy thing Sora did, but remember Mimi isn't really filling her in here. (In case you didn't all catch the few hints in there already.) And I want to get 35 reviews for this chapter, or else I'm not even gonna think about chapter 8 or whatever it is we're on. Kay? So, go review already!