Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Making Friends Digidestined ❯ Secrets revealed ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 continues from exactly where chapter 2 left off. This is my friend's chapter, but I'm typing everything. It has a little part that's mine, but it goes right back to my friend's part, so I didn't want to bother with making a whole `nother chapter for it.

Chapter 3: Secrets revealed

Chase looked at Boo and smiled.

"You said you're new here. What's your name? Where you from?"

"My name is Ambrosia, but these folk call me Boo. I'm from Michigan too."

Boo looked over at TK and Ken, who were talking to Matt about putting her in his band. He raised his eyebrow and said in a curious voice:

"You can sing? Okay, show me. Sing me something."

"Okay. Requests?"

Kari and TK both shouted for her earlier song. Ken asked for her to sing a different song.

She chewed her tongue and smiled.

"Okay. I wrote this. It's called `1000 Words' . . . I know that you're hiding things, using gentle words to shelter me . . ."

She let her voice soar over them until the quiet ending.

"A thousand words."

She grinned.

"I absolutely love love songs."

Matt grinned and held out his hand.

"Welcome aboard Boo."

She shook his hand and jumped when the warning bell rang.

Ken pushed his notebook into his bag and got ready to leave. He jumped when somebody grabbed his wrist. He spun and saw Boo.

"You scared me!"

"Sorry. I just wanted to know if I could come over tomorrow, since it's Saturday."

"Why?"

"So you can help me with chem.!"

"Sure. I'll see you around six?"

"Awright!"

Boo picked up her chem. Books and grabbed the paper that had Ken's address on it.

As she walked down the street she sang.

"Life is a road and I wanna keep goin', love is a river and I wanna keep flowin' on."

She stepped up to the door and knocked.

(a/n: this is my little part!)

Chase was sitting in her room listening to some American CD's-Evanescence's "My Immortal" to be specific.

"I hope I didn't say anything," Chase thought.

(a/n: that's the end of my little part!)

Ken appeared in the door and smiled. She held up her book and squeaked out a greeting.

"Come on, we have to use my room. If we don't we'll either get paint all over us or my uncle will tease."

She smiled and followed him up the stairs to his room. He had a bunk bed and a desk in one corner and a computer on one wall. She saw the blanket on the bed squirm and a big green caterpillar drop to the floor.

"Hello! I'm Wormmon!"

Boo blinked and sat down on the floor.

Ken grabbed the creature and shoved him in the closet and hastily explained her presence.

"I'm sorry, really. Can I get you something to drink? Water? Tea?"

"W-water please."

She opened the closet and the creature came out when Ken left.

"I sense something about you girl. You don't seem . . ."

She saw a book on the floor and picked it up. She leafed through until she saw her name. It was a journal, written in Ken's neat handwriting.

- I've just met a very unusual girl in class today. She's an American foreign exchange student. Her name is Ambrosia but we call her Boo. She's beautiful, and she can sing really well. When I'm near her I feel . . . different. Like I can do something I would never be able to do. -

After she found other dull stuff she put it back.

He walked in and handed her a glass of water. She drank it and chewed her lip.

"What do you think of me?"

"Uh . . ."

Boo came over to their small group and sat between Ken and Kari. She looked around at them and felt a pang of jealousy. Their loving families, their siblings-everything.

She shook her head and adjusted her wide black ribbon choker. They would never see the visible scars her father had left.

She threw a ball of soft bread at Chase. She yelped and threw it back.

"You little slut, you!" (a/n: don't ask, I didn't write it)

Boo stuck out her tongue and crossed her eyes. Then squealed as Ken bit her on the tongue.

Chase sat for a second in stunned silence, then burst into laughter, nearly tipping her chair.

TK and Kari looked at each other then Ken then Boo. Kari giggled and TK smiled slyly.

Boo shook off her shock and glared.

"What was that for?!"

Ken looked down at his food and flushed.

"You shouldn't stick out your tongue."

"I'll stick out my tongue if I wanna!"

Ken coughed and put a piece of shrimp in his mouth. Then swallowed and opened up his psychology book and flipped to their sections.

"Abuse. This is gonna suck."

Boo froze. Abuse . . .

"Boo?"

She looked at her wrists, which were covered by knitted wristbands and touched her neck.

"Boo?"

Chase's voice came as though she were far away.

"Boo, what's wrong? Ambrosia, come on, talk to me."

Kari grabbed her arm. Boo felt tears slowly running down her cheeks.

"My-my father-may father tried to kill my family. I got my mom and twin sister to go-to go somewhere he wouldn't find them. I really thought I would die. He slammed my head through a window-my neck got cut. He beat me so much . . . When he finished he was going to blow a hole in my head, but a lady heard me yelling. My father's in jail. My mom probably thinks I died. I did die, to them. I haven't even peeked in a phonebook for them. I tried to kill myself not that long ago."

TK shook his head.

"I don't believe you."

Boo ripped off her choker and wristbands, revealing long, white scars.

"Why would I lie?!"

Kari whispered softly, "Will you look for your twin?"

"Maybe, someday, when my scars have healed, I'll look for her. Mom won't need me, she always loved Mira best."


TBC

Okay, review! The next chapter will start right where this one left off, so it'll have the last line from this one to refresh your memory. Hm, memory. Poor Yama! To understand this, you have to read my other fic: Don't Go Breakin' My Heart.