Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Making Friends Digidestined ❯ She knows ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My friend's chapter. It starts off from where 22 left off.

Chapter 23: She knows

Boo just nodded. Chase looked at the spot on Boo's shoulder and gently touched it.

"Ow."

"Sorry. Maybe we should tell the others."

Boo shook her head violently and jerked her shoulder back.

"No, please-I'll find a way, but I don't want the others to know."

"What if she can use you?"

"I don't feel her. I have a high consciousness of my body, mind, and spirit. She isn't there."

Boo prayed her lie would work. She could feel Arukenimon, but it was like cool water under her skin, not the burning evil she expected.

"Alright, but if you feel so much as a twinge-"

"Yeah, Yeah-I know."

---

Boo walked around in her room at the shelter. She looked at the bed warily, then laid down. She heard purring near her ear.

"Goodnight, Oberon."

Oberon the cat purred and snuggled her ear.

"Oberon, go play with Algernon."

Then she felt another fuzzy body brush her hand. She flipped on a lamp and looked at her pets. Tiny little Algernon was about eight weeks old, and pure white. Oberon was an orange and white tabby that was so fluffy he always looked like static. He was two years old.

She flicked off the light and petted them.

"Goodnight Oberon and Algernon."

---

Boo was in the digital world, but it was burning. She saw herself with Arukenimon and Mummymon, helping them kill her friends. Arukenimon spoke.

"We're watching you."

---

Ken looked over Boo's shoulder and whistled. On a piece of sketch paper, a pencil drawing of Arukenimon and Mummymon was taking shape. Heavy shadows were stark behind.

"You're good."

Boo didn't respond. Then muttered.

"We're watching you."

"Huh?"

Boo shook her head. She smiled wanly.

"Oh, hey! I, ah-I'm just sketching. It's . . ." She looked at it and smirked. "Say it Ken, it's creepy."

 

TBC

 

Review! And that weird thing in the middle was a dream, in case you couldn't tell. Wow. I don't have anything to write. It's amazing, huh?