Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ More Than a Baka ❯ Chapter 3: The Travel of Pain and Rejection ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


More Than a Baka
Chapter 3: The Travel of Pain and Rejection

Disclaimer: I don't own digimon and never will

|Taichi's POV|

I awoke to find Yama's face a mere inch from mine. Noo... This can't be happening. He would never... Why does have to be so cruel, to tease me like this. "Yama..." my voice falters and I try again, anger rising. "Ishida, get the FUCK OFF OF ME!!" I yell, shoving him off of me. "I thought I told you to the FUCK STOP HURTING ME!" Yama backs up a few steps, looking lost, shocked, and something I couldn't place. I sat up and looked down. "What the hell are you doing here, anyway?! I thought I told you the fuck off." I will not cry. I will not cry.IwillnotcryIwillnotcryIwillnotcryIwillnotcry. I repeat this mantra over and over. He's doesn't need to see Taichi be a crybaby again. He still wasn't answering. "So, answer me already!" I yell and Yama flinches.
"I'm not trying to hurt you. I-"
"I thought I told you not to talk about that!" I yell, cutting him off.
He sighs, "I came here because of that reason, but you knocked yourself out again, so I used the key to get in and help you out."
"I don't need your help." I mutter.
"Taichi, we're not going to argue over this =again=. I told you before, people are not to go unattended when they knock themselves out."
"Whatever. Why don't you just leave? I told you already. I do not want to talk about last night. I know you're creeped out by me, so why don't you just go and leave me alone like everyone else!"
"No! Taichi, =I'm= still your friend! I-"
"STOP IT!! STOP FUCKING LYING TO ME!!! I DON'T WANT YOUR FAKE SYMPATHY!!!"
Silence. I glare at the floor. Next thing I know Yama is holding my chin and makes me look up at him, into those deep blue eyes of his. I mentally growl at myself. I should stop complimenting him constantly in my head since he's never going to be mine. I'm not good enough for the good-hearted, compassionate, and genuine Yamato. Damn, I did it again.
"Taichi, have you ever known me to lie to you?" Yama questioned softly.
"Well, no..."
"Or have I ever been fake to you?"
"N-no..."
"Haven't I always been there for you when you're hurting or need advice?"
My eyes narrow. No. You weren't there today. You weren't here when I seriously began considering to end this fucking tradgey I know as life. No you weren't there when I cried myself to sleep. But I don't say this. I get up and before I leave I give him the finger saying, "Fuck off." And then I was out the door.

|Yama's POV|

Taichi slammed the door behind him. He was gone. I had been so close... What did I do wrong? Hadn't I been there for him whenever he was hurting? That's why I came here. At least partially. I came here becuase I was hurting, too. That pain welled in me now and threatened to spill from my eyes. Why won't he just give me a chance? What if I never get through to him and we grow up and have a family, each of us loving the other but never getting together. I can't live without you much longer, let alone forever. I thought, the pain welling in my heart and hugged myself tightly, willing the pain to subside, but it only grew. Tears slipped down my face, slowly at first, but I was soon sobbing on my love's bed.
I don't know when I fell asleep, but when I woke up I heard somebody opening the front door. 'Taichi?' I thought, hope rising. I =will= tell him I love him, even if I have to threaten to make Taichi watch educational TV to make him listen to me. The glowing numbers on the alarm clock read 11:50 am. Damn, I slept in really late.
Wouldn't Taichi have came home by now? I wonder.
"Onni-san, you home?" Hikari called. No answer. "Tai?" she called again walking into the room. "What're you doing here? And where's Tai?"
"Uhh...." I felt a faint blush creep up my cheeks. "I don't know where he is, exactly..."
"Then what are you doing here, did you decide to just come and sleep over here whenever you want, like a second home?"
"As much as I come over here, it practically is my second house."
"You're a lot of help..." Hikari said sarcastically.
"Any time, little sister..." I have no idea how I have time to joke around with Taichi's sister when he's out there, somewhere.... cold...
"No, really, where is he? The joke's on me. Ha, ha. Taichi, get out of the closet or where ever you're hiding."
I look gravely at her. "No, really. I don't know where he is, and this isn't a joke."

|Taichi's POV|

I ran off last night. I couldn't take it. I would have died if he had told me about how we'd be friends forever. It would have hurt too much to know that we'd always friends and nothing more. It would hurt to much for me to fake that I'm okay when we continue to be friends, when I really would be suffering, being so close to my best friend, yet never able to have him. It would all hurt, more than I can bare, more than I hurt now. Everything is painful. The world is harsh and icy, even my beloved at a certain viewpoint. That's why I'm here at the trainstation. I can't stand it in the city anymore. I'll go somewhere where everything isn't constantly hurting me. Somewhere, where I can partially live. Somewhere warm... I shivered. How long does it take for a train to get to Odaiba anyway?! My stomach growled. Last thing I'd eation was that fudge last night... I sighed and fidgeted on the bench. I twiddled my thumbs and did my best not to think. For once it worked. Next thing I knew, the train was pulling in the station. Thank God, took it long enough! However, as I stepped onto the train, one thought slipped into my mind, unbidden. 'What if I never see my tenshi ever again?' My heart grew heavy in my chest in depression. To never see those deep blue orbs that were full of life again might kill me. But as I sat down I pushed the thought aside and leaned against the window, preparing myself for a long ride.

***********
Well, there's another chappie.