Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ More Than a Baka ❯ Chapter 5: Black hole of Yama's room and Taichi's stomach ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
More Than a Baka
Chapter 5: Black hole of Yama's room and Taichi's stomach

Disclaimer: I don’t own digimon and never will

|TK's POV|

I knocked softly on my brother's door. Hoping beyond hope (A/N: and praying to the HOLY MOOSE I might add... [my friend Ze wanted me to say that...]) that Yamato might open the damn door already. "Yamato, please open up.... you can't stay in there forever...."
"Oh, yes I can..." Came the soft and darkly spoken response.
A week already, and he hasn't come out but in the middle of the night when no one's up! Yama had been slowly going into a dark funk ever since he gave up on Taichi. Who knows what he does in his dark hole of a room.... "Come on, Onni-san.... Please come out...."

|Yama's POV|

"No." came my hoarse response. When will they figure out that I'm in grieving and should not, will not be disturbed?
"For me?" my little brother pleaded with me yet again. Ha, that's why I'm hiding out in my room. If I can't see him give me the look that always won against me, then I am immune to him and his pleadings. It's safer this way, he can't make me talk about things anymore. He can't make me think about things that I don't want to think about. This defense against everything is simply a locked door.
For this question, I will give no response. I make myself comfortable on my bed again, figuring he'll leave now. I grab the bag of chips next to my bed and munch on some. What am I really hiding from? What am I truly grieving about? The thoughts slipped into my mind unbidden, the time since I had last seen Taichi had first seemed unbearably long. But now, time slipped away as though it were nothing. I'm not even sure how long I'd been in my room. It could have been hours or weeks for all I knew. I don't really care about that bastard anymore do I? I thought I had gotten over that. He's such a fool. He's blind, he couldn't even see how much I had loved him. But then again, I hadn't seen the love I had for him until after he confessed. Am I blind, too? I can't imagine what's beyond these walls anymore. Anything could happen to him, and I wouldn't know. I wouldn't even have the slightest clue if he died. Would I even care?
It was times like this I would turn to my younger brother for help, but it would be stupid to give up my whole "room hermit" thing to talk to him now. Anyway, I'd probably end up crying and decide to start the hopeless Taichi search again.

|Tai's POV|
I ate my 15th peice of pizza happily at the itilian restaurant in Yokohama. I wiped the sauce from my face and grabbed another piece, eating it in two bites. I wiped the sauce from my face with my hand again. A new personal record, two pizzas! I was about to sneak out but the waiter was coming with the bill. He layed it down and I pretended to be getting money. He left and I attempted to leave but the host caught me.
"Sir, have you paid your bill?"
I turned around, "uhhhh... ya?"
"Well, that's not what your waiter said." He said, his arms crossed, fingers tapping the other arm.
"Ya, well, he is mistaken then. Good day, sir." I said in a fake fancy Italian accent. I left, quickly. After a block down the street, I realized that someone was hot on my trail. I walked faster, the person walked faster.
"You, with the hair! Slow down!"
I wouldn't. I ran.
"I only want a word with you. Please, I won't get you in trouble!"
Okay, I ran faster.
"Please, don't you need money?"
I sprinted.
"You don't have a home do you?"
I continued to sprint.
"Listen, you need money, a place to stay, I only want to help."
I gave up. I stopped. Surprisingly, he had kept up with me, being only a few steps behind, people rarely could. I sigh., "What do you want?"
"You can work for me at my pizza place, earn a paycheck, instead of working your way out of debt, and free rent at my place. Sound good to you, kid?"
The guy was in his early twenties and in great shape. He had brown hair that was spiked in the front. He wore a blue sport-looking winter jacket and faded blue jeans. I considered this a moment. "Ya, thanks."

|Yama's POV|

"Yamato, pack up your stuff in there." My dad demanded the next day.
"Why should I?"
"We're moving. All our stuff is packed. We're leaving tonight."
"Well, I'm staying."
"I don't think you can, son."
"Why not?"
"What if a 50 year old fat lady moves in."
"Erm....." I considered the outcomes. "Damn you! You had this planned so I would come out, didn't you?"
"Actually, no.... TK's moving in with us. We need more space."
"Why?"
"Matt, your mom.... she's dead." A wave of shock washed through my body. I was prepared for a million things but not this. No, nothing could prepare me for this. I closed my eyes and bottled up all these emotions that were bubbling up inside of me. I needed to pack now, no time to figure this out.

There was a timid knock on the door along with a faint sniffle.
"Ya?" I asked partly concerned.
"Can.... can I come in, Y-yama? I know you don't want anybody in your room, but we're moving soon anyway, and I really need to talk to you."
"Alright...." I answered. The door creaked open and I blinked at the light that came from the hallway. TK came in and looked at what I've done to the place. Black curtains, black sheets, black lights, black this, black that. I didn't care if it was dumb, I liked it here in my room, especially the glow-in-the-dark stars. I'm really gonna miss them. TK sat down next to me on my bed, unsurely. It seemed as though the room made him forget what he wanted to say. He blinked and came back to life.
"Yamato, my boyfriend broke up with me today...."
I stared at him in shock. Boyfriend......? "You never even told me you had one. How am I supposed to help?"
"He... he was tired of me worrying about you, so he tried to take my mind off of you..... He got caught up in the moment.... He went to far..... He dumped me because I didn't want it." My eyes widen further.
"TK..." I gasp and protectively and instinctively hug him to me. "TK..." I say softer, tears in my eyes. I couldn't beilive what I was hearing. I held him there, trying to comfort the both of us. Nonetheless, I began to cry silently as the moment stretched on.
"Yama, what's wrong?" TK asked after a while.
"I'm not so sure, TK..." I say, each breathe feeling like death. I closed my eyes and reopened them. "C'mon, let's get up. It won't be long 'till we move outta here." The moment had passed and TK was back to his cheerful self, and me my dark depressed self. It was how it was. And that was that. There's nothing either of us can do about it. Sure, I wanted to smash TK's x-boyfriend's head in, but right now it didn't matter. The past is the past and I can do nothing about it.

*************
Insano: I kno late update, sry ive got major writers block issues.... Help me out here please!
Thanx to my reviewers!