Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: An Opera man named Davis ❯ No one's like Davis ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's notes:
 
Just a reminder…
 
This is also going towards those of your HARSHERS who feel Davis is Pathetic and Worthless… WELL YOU'RE WRONG TO DO THAT!
 
CHAPTER ONE
 
The first semester really seemed to go by fast, and a lot had happened amongst the Super-Digi-Destined.
 
Cody was finally starting to grow taller, but sadly he was only in Grade seven, and was the only one of the gang not to be present. Still, they saw him after school hours, and at times when they headed for the Digital world.
 
Ken and Yolei started Dating almost immediately after Maylo-Myotismon was beaten. Ken was still a little edgy about evil and darkness, but Yolei promised him, “When I'm through with you… you'll be as tough as you once were.” She referred to how he used to be brave and bold… but not like he was as the Digimon Kaiser.
 
Ken was out of that mistake, and he swore he never wanted to do anything even slightly similar to it again…! He was glad however that he had such good friends looking out for him.
 
TK became captain of the basketball team, and he was quite a hit with the ladies, still, he already met a girl, and he thought he was falling in love.
 
One of the cheer leaders, Mina Tanaka, who looked a very close resemblance to Sailor Venus, who he had once crushed on in pre-school, and through most of grades one and two.
 
He even had a date with her that night… they were going for a movie, and then a pizza.
 
Their Digimon, they spent their days either at the kids respective homes, or in the Digital world training to keep in shape for whenever they're heroism would be needed again.
 
Kari and Davis actually had their first date six month ago. Kari was so proud and impressed by the way Davis had helped everyone…
 
Standing up to Maylo-Myotismon's brainwaves, rescuing everyone else from their illusions… and best of all… helping everyone believe in their dreams and goals to help vanquish the great evil forever.
 
Davis had improved quite a bit too, maturing now that he was into his teen years. Of course he was still a little boisterous, and obnoxious, but Kari just dismissed it, “That's Davis…”
 
She actually found it cute when he acted like that. Yolei thought Kari sounded like a girl in love. Kari giggled, “Yeah… now if only I could shape him into the perfect gentleman.” She joked.
 
Yolei had to joke about it too, “Now you sound like a girl who's lost her mind.”
 
The others all laughed, but just then Davis came walking down the hall. His hands stuffed into his jacket pocket. His head dropped down a little, and a queer look on his face as he softly muttered in a singing voice under his breath…
 
Who am I…?
Wearing shoes am I.
Who am I…?
Got the blues have I.
 
Davis looked as though Kari had dumped him… when the truth is; she herself admitted she was officially his girlfriend a month ago.
 
Davis was still humming that song as he went through his locker. The others moved closer to him, “Hi, Davis…” Kari said, “Why so glum…?”
 
Davis sighed as he looked, “I'm alright… but I'm just really bummed.” he said. “Nobody appreciates me as much…”
 
The others felt confused and shocked by what he said. “What makes you say that?” TK asked. “Davis… you're one of the biggest heroes on the whole team.”
 
Davis huffed slightly, “Yeah…? Well Everyone else doesn't seem to think that…”
 
He explained how, while it was true what TK said, Davis' heroics, courage, and life saving… particularly during the fight against Maylo-Myotismon… none of it could be denied. No matter what the out come, he never gave up and would find a way to help everyone find victory.
 
Yet, when they had gotten home, and resumed their normal lives. Davis began to feel different towards that…
 
Not many people went up to him and wanted his autograph, or wanted a picture with him. Some of the kids in school even felt that his claim to heroism was false.
 
“I could beat that guy any day.”
 
“My Grandmother's braver than him.”
 
“He just got lucky.”
 
Girls still didn't crush on him, not the way they did on TK… but Davis wasn't as upset about that… Kari was good enough for him, but it still hurt.
 
He was even losing his popularity around the school. He was the Captain of the of the Soccer-Team, and helped his team make it to the playoffs. Even Ken dubbed him the greatest there was, but more people were against that than with it.
 
As they all walked outside, at the end of the school day. “Everyone thinks I'm nothing but a fraud.” He said, “But it if it wasn't for me and my help, you guys would probably be dead, and the world conquered long ago.”
 
The others could tell this was really getting serious, and when they met at the coffee-shop for a few doughnuts, and met up with Cody and their Digimon. It was a warm day so they all ate outside, and their Digimon we're there too.
 
Veemon began to feel really bad seeing Davis like this. “Aw, cheer up Davish…” he said. “You at least there are loads of people out there who admire you.”
 
Davis knew he was right, “But why doesn't it feel like it…?” he asked. “I mean… I shouldn't be feeling like this at all, it's just fame and fortune. Yet… I just feel so… empty… and unloved, and…” he sighed “Disgraced…”
 
The others all thought “Okay… now you're just being crazy.” Gatomon said.
 
The others each threw in their two cents worth, and Veemon hopped up on the table. “Come on, Davish. You've got to pull yourshelf together…”
 
(Music cue)
 
(Veemon)
 
Gosh it dishturbs me to shee you Davish,
Looking sho down in the dumpsh…
 
 
Davis turned away from him…
 
 
There are shome folks who'd love to be you, Davish
Even when taking your lumps
h
There's no
Digi-Deshtined as admired as you
You're eve
ryone's favorite guy
Many are
awed and inhspired by you
And it's
h not very hard to shee why
 
 
The others and their Digimon all raised their doughnuts and coffees. “HERE-HERE…!” they cried.
 
Then, Veemon pirouetted round the place and grabbed one of Kari's camera neck-ropes…
 
Her waved it around Davis' face like a weapon, but Davis grabbed it…
 

No one's shlick as Davish
No one's quick as
Davish
No one's
nerve's as incredibly thick as Davish'
For there's no
guy on the team as half as manly
Perfect,
a pure paragon!
Ashk Kari, Ken, TK, Cody, Yolei,

And they'll tell you
whose team they prefer to be on.
 
That's when all the others began to sing...
 

(All,but Davis)

No one's been like
Davis
A king pin like
Davis
(Veemon)

No one's got a
swift attitude just like Davish
(Davis)

I suppose I'm a little intimidating!
(The others)

My what a guy, that
Davis
Give five "hurrahs!"
Give twelve "hip-hips!"
(Veemon)

Why, he is the best
And the rest is all drips
.
 
 
Suddenly, they all remembered times in which Davis would always stand up to the enemies, and order Veemon to keep attacking.
 
 
(The Others)

No one fights like
Davis
Saves our
lights like Davis
(TK)

In a
pizza pig-out no one bites like Davis.
(Yolei, Kari, and Gatomon)
For there's no one as brave and as bold
(Davis)
As you see I've got courage to spare
(Cody)

Not a bit of him's
frightened I am told.

(Davis)
“That's right!”

From down to my feet to up high in my hair
(The others)

No one licks like Davis
Can play tricks like Davis

(Ken)

In a
soccer match nobody kicks like Davis
 
 
Davis crumpled all the napkins into a huge ball and kicked it straight into the garbage.
 
 
(Davis)

I suppose I am good at expectorating!
HI-YA
!
(The others)

Ten points for Davis
!

(Davis)

When I was a kid I was just a plain guy

never had anything much to gain
And now that I'm grown
I'm a much better guy
So I've roughly subsided that PA-A-A-AIN…!

(The others)

No one's just like Davis

You can trust like Davis
(Veemon)

Then goes tromping around
with such pride as Davish
(Davis)

I must thank you for not exaggerating
(The others)

My what a guy…

DAVI-I-I-I-I-IS…!
 
 
Davis really felt lighter now. “Wow… I really needed that.” he said.
 
The others raised their coffee-cups to him, They were all happy to see Davis in a better mood… but as they left the Coffee shop to head for home. Davis was walking Kari home, just like a boyfriend would.
 
“Hey, thanks again…” he said to her.
 
“For what?” his girlfriend asked.
 
“For making me feel a little better.” replied Davis. “And here I thought I was just a plain guy to overlook.”
 
Kari giggled. “What…? What's so funny?” and before he knew it, Kari caught his neck in her arm, “You're cute when you try to show you care…” she cooed softly as she pulled him closer and closer towards her.
 
“Kari… not in front of Veemon and Gatomon…” Davis said sounded slightly embarrassed. “Meh, let `em look…” replied Kari.
 
Their eyes closed… Veemon and Gatomon sighed heavily at the couple. Kari and Davis' lips were only centimeters away… when…
 
BING! “Hey…!”
 
Someone shot a spitball from a passing car right at his cheek, followed by the sound of someone taunting, “YOU SUCK MOTOMIYA…!”
 
Kari gasped when she noticed Davis' features were hardening again. She would have tried to urge him to calm down, but more by-passers taunted him more.
 
“Ooh… he's got a girlfriend. He doesn't deserve her.”
 
“What a geek…!”
 
“Hey goggle-head… the swimming pool's that way.”
 
“Hero...? More like a Zero.”
 
Finally, someone threw a water-balloon at him from above, “AH…!” Lots of people laughed at him, and Davis lost his nerves, and took off down the street like a racecar. “Davis wait… WAIT…!” Kari called, but he was already out of sight.
 
Kari felt really angry at everyone for what they had just done, but she felt more upset of Davis. He didn't deserve any of that. “I hope he'll be alright…” she muttered as she just stood there.
 
(Veemon and Gatomon)
 
Where're ya' goin'?
Where're ya' goin'?
Where're ya' goin'?
Where're ya' goin'?
 
 
Davis stood on the balcony of his apartment, with his head sadly rested in his arms over the railing as he gazed sadly out into the night.
 
 
(Piano solo)
 
(Davis)
 
I would feel like I could win
Yet this feeling under my skin…
 
Oh, who am I?
Some dude am I.
In a bad mood am I.
 
Where do I fit in…?