Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: An Opera man named Davis ❯ Let the show begin ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
Over the past week… people passing by the building where the Motomiyas lived would often be distracted by a masculine, lyrical voice coming from above, on the roof.
 
“Who's voice is that?” they would all wonder, but sadly no one ever got their answer.
 
Even the Digi-Destined were wondering who it was up there. Even Hawkmon couldn't fly up that far without Digivolving, and it wasn't a good idea to Digivolve and waste precious power for simple reasons.
 
The gang was on their way to school, without Cody for he was already at his own school, and they passed by Davis' building and heard that amazing singing again.
 
Suddenly, the music stopped.
 
“Gee… who do you think it is up there…?” asked Yolei.
 
“I don't know…” TK said, “But I wonder if maybe Davis knows why…”
 
“Knows why what?” Davis asked as he had just come through the door.
 
The others asked him if he hadn't heard that music coming from up on the roof, and Davis told them that it was his boom-box. The others were most confused, “Why were you up there listening to music so early in the morning…?” Kari asked.
 
Davis explained he had been doing it for the past week, as it helped him wake up better in the mornings, and the neighbors would always tap on his wall whenever he played his music inside. So he had to take it to the roof which was okay.
 
“Anyways… we better hurry.” he said, “There's something special I got to do before school starts.” And he began to jog down the sidewalk. “Come on guys…!”
 
“Now he's eager to get to school…?” Yolei said, “I think I'm the one who's sick.”
 
“Easy Yolei…” Ken said, but actually he was just as concerned as his girlfriend, but no one was more confused than Kari. Yet when they all got to school, they saw what Davis was doing. He was signing up for the school talent show on Friday, which was only two days away.
 
It explained why Davis wanted to get to school so fast, as it was the last day for sign-up. “Why would Davis want to enter the talent show?” Kari wondered. Davis had been acting really strange all week.
 
Every time she tried to ask him what the matter was, he either didn't tell her directly or weaved the conversation in another direction, or he just plain lied about it. Kari still sensed he was lying, but couldn't prove it correctly.
 
Still, she was impressed but how hard working Davis seemed to be going at. In just week and a-half he learned basic Spanish, and was getting quite skilled in his literature. He even asked Kari if she could bring her Digital Camera and film his bit of the talent show.
 
Kari was more than glad to, as she was curious at what he was going to do… that and she had to be there anyways. As a member of the photo-club at school she needed to be there to get some pictures for the school year book.
 
Kari had no idea what Davis was up to, and she and the others decided there was only one way to find out. “We're going to that show…” Ken said. Yolei agreed.
 
TK raised his eyebrow, “I thought you hated talent shows, Yolei.”
 
“I do…” Yolei said, “But whatever Davis is up to, I want to see it. Then I can determine who's really sick around here. Come on Ken.” She grabbed Ken by the arm and went to buy tickets before they were all sold out.
 
TK and Kari winked in disbelief. “Maybe I'm starting to get sick…” TK said. “Never saw Yolei act like this before.”
 
Kari told TK to let it go. Besides, she was too excited about the talent show coming to really feel worried about much now. Especially as Davis was going to be in it…
 
In fact, word got around fast that he was going to be in it as well, and some people were only going to see him make an idiot of himself, unaware that Davis was up to something really big…
 
“Heh, heh… this ought to teach those snobs to respect Me.” he thought sneakily.
 
Now it was only a matter of time, and the gymnasium was being prepared. Tickets were being sold, and seats reserved. The whole school was ready for a great big show…
 
Before long, Friday had come, and the gymnasium was packed. The aisles were loaded, and Kari got a perfect seat to view the stage with her camera. The others all sat beside her and even brought their Digimon too. Veemon however was back stage helping with some of the props for Davis' act.
 
“That's what he told me…” said Gatomon. “Apparently he's the only one who knows what Davis is going to be doing.”
 
“Well whatever he's up to, it looks like he's last in the program.” TK said as he looked at the pamphlet, but even there it didn't say what he'd be doing. All it said was, “A Surprise for Everyone.”
 
The others didn't have to time to wonder what it was, as the lights into the gymnasium went down, spotlights began to dance across the stage curtain. The principal welcomed everyone to the grand school talent show, and the two MC's of the show began to dance out onto stage…
 
The crowd cheered for joy and the two MC's began to sing the intro song…
 
(Music cue)
 
(The MC boys)
 
Overture, curtain, lights
This is it, the night o' nights
No more rehearsing and nursing our parts
We know every part by heart
Overture, curtain, lights
This is it, to hit the heights
And, O what heights we'll hit
On with the show, this is it
 
Just then, each and every one of the performers, including Davis, and TK's girlfriend Mina marched out on stage to the cheering crowd. Davis and Mina waved at Kari and TK, and they waved back at them.
 
The MC's wrapped up the song…
 
Tonight what heights we'll hit
On with the show, this is it
 
 
And it was finally show time.
 
The two MC's… Bill and Ben, who were two jocks at the school, welcomed the crowd, and assured everyone that they were in for a great show. “And now without further ado… our first act is Ms. Mina Tanaka… who will perform for us the finest gymnastic acts any student has dared to master.”
 
The crowd applauded, and TK whistled loud.
 
Mina walked out dressed in a white leotard, and her long blonde hair was done up in a high ponytail. A lot of the boys howled and drooled over how pretty she looked. Mina wished they wouldn't do that, but her eyes gazed at TK, and he winked at her.
 
She nodded at him and then started up her music. It wasn't the typical type of piano music, or soft music you'd usually hear, but a while remix theme, and Mina went wild…
 
Leaping all round the stage, twirling ribbons, doing tricks with a ball, and catching rods while balancing them on her arms, she ended her routine with a huge split with her legs. The crowd went wild with applause…
 
“Wow, TK she's amazing…” Patamon said.
 
TK sighed heavenly, “She sure is…”
 
Kari got lots of pictures, but most of which were for TK in his new photo album of Mina. Yolei had the feeling she knew who was sick… sick in love to be exact.
 
“Excuse me…” TK said. He was headed backstage to be with Mina for a while, just as they promised before the show, but TK promised he'd be back before Davis' act. If not then he'd just watch it from back stage.
 
Still, everyone wondered just what Davis' act was going to be…