Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Nameless ❯ Part Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Nameless...


CHAPTER 2
It's raining.
The weather fits perfect to my mood.
I'm walking down the streets, alone. Today was my first school day...
It was horrible.
All the faces around me which I didn't know.
All the voices which told me so many things that I couldn't count them.
I was lost in world which is totally strange to me.
I don't like it to have people around me. They confuse me. But they don't accept me - they say that they are my friends and that they have to help me. Help me to find myself.
Who am I?
To all people who call themselves my friends: You can tell me as many things you want, but you can't tell me who I am. I am the only person who knew that, and I have to find my own way.
So please, let me in peace.
But when I told it to them, they watched me in horror. Then the girl with brown hair nearly started crying: "But Davis, I can't believe that it is you who said that. We are your friends...doesn't that mean anything to you? You have changed so much - you aren't the same. We wanna help you to be the old Davis again...you know, we miss the old Davis!
So, let us help if we can."
"But you can't help me!", I yelled at them. Why didn't they understand?
Why couldn't they stay away?

-------------------------------------------

My steps are slowly. The streets are full of people. All the faces scare me. So many people...too many. My head hurts. I don't like the crowd. I prefer being alone.
You loose your memory and become a loner. How funny.
I would laugh - if I could....

------------------------------------------

The apartment house where I live appears in front of me. I can't stand this building - it looks so depressing, like a prison.
But maybe that's only until you get used to it.
When I enter the small flat, my sister greets me. She has been very friendly the last few days. Really strange, because everyone told me that we used to fight all the time.
I wish she would treat me like always. Maybe that would help me.
But she keeps acting like this - worrying about her little brother who lost his memories.
And my parents are the same. They tell me to call them Mom and Dad like I always did, but I can't. I call them Mother and Father.
In fact I have no idea why I do that. I think it hurts them, but I can't change it.

------------------------------------------

"Davis, are you okay?", the high voice of Jun comes to my ears.
"Sure."
"No, you are not.", she enters my room, "Tell me about it. I am really worried about you."
"No one asks you to worry."
"But I do, I am your sister. Of course, I got often really angry with you, but I would be a terrible sister not to care for her brother."
"Why can't the people left me in peace? Why does everyone come and ask me how I feel? Or they tell me things of my past and think they helped me. I only want to have PEACE!"
She looks into my eyes. "Davis, don't you understand it? You really don't understand why we all act like this?"
I shake my head.
She sighed and continues to fix my eyes:
"It is because we all love you Davis. And it frightens us how you deal with this situation. You see, you act so strangely. You don't talk with your friends, you prefer to be alone.
You are so serious...nobody of us has seen such a serious Davis before. You make yourself an outsider if you continue acting like this. And that won't help you to find your memory, trust me.
And another thing...it is that we all miss you...I never thought that I would miss my stupid brother, but I do. We all want to have the Davis back who is crazy about soccer - who doesn't care about school - who is never serious, patient, reasonable or level-headed...we wanna have back the chaotic and wild pigheaded fellow with the good heart.
We care about you, Davis...we don't show it very often, that's right, but we do!"
She leaves my room.
Leaves me so confused. They miss me. And they wanna have back they old Davis...they old Daisuke.
So they don't want to have me, not?
They only care for the boy I used to be.
But not for me...
That hurts. I close my eyes, and suddenly pictures appear in my head.
Small pieces of informations - little memories.

FLASH - "Davis, stop eating like a pig!"
FLASH - "You are such a jerk!"
FLASH - "You have failed again a test? Where have you left your brain? Why do I only
have such a stupid son!"
FLASH - "Davis, stop bugging Kari!"
FLASH - "You brainless idiot!"
FLASH - "You don't deserve it to be our leader. You are such a failure!"
FLASH - "DAMN, Davis, I wish you hadn't been born. You are the most nerving brother
on the whole world!"
FLASH - "You wanna be a soccer player? I think you should learn first how to throw a
ball!"
(a/n: I don't know if they ever said such things to Davis. I invented them for the
story.)

Oh, yes, they sure miss me.
They are all lying.
I am sure that nobody has ever said that he loves or likes me. They only snap at me.
I am nerving them.
Maybe it would be better not o get my memory back. I mean, there are sure much more painful moments in my life. I don't want to know them all.
My sister said that they miss me.
How can I believe that after this scenes?
I wish I had died. Life is much too complicated now!

----------------------------------------------------------

Something hits my head. I take the thing to my hands and watch it. Goggles?
"They belong to you."
I turn around and watch the blue digimon. DemiVeemon. It points towards the goggles and says: "They are yours. Tai gave them to you because you are the leader of the new Digidestined. You have always been so proud of them."
"Have I?", I look down on them, "I don't remember it."
"You should wear them. They suit you."
I think for a short moment, then I shake my head and put them away
"No."
"But why not?"
"Because they don't belong to me. They belong to a boy called Davis who plays soccer and loves hanging around with his friends. I am not this boy.
I am someone without a name. Someone who wants to be alone, who is confused. Someone who is unsure of himself. I am Nobody."
"But Davis...", the tiny thing watches me with tears in its eyes.
"Sorry, DemiVeemon. When I have found myself, then I'll be able to wear them.
But I don't know how to find myself - and whether I should try it anymore.
I am afraid that I haven't been very popular."
"That's not true", DemiVeemon protested, " You are popular and you have friends. You have me! I like you!"
"No, you don't like me - you like they guy I used to be. Me likes nobody.
The digimon shakes his head and jumps into my arms. It hugs me and says slowly:
"It doesn't mind how you act or what you say.", he pointed to my heart, "Inside of your heart you are the same - and that's the Davis we all like. The Davis who is my best friend ever, for who I would spend my life every time. You can get old and worn - I will be your friend for all time! Because you have this special heart."
I look down to him and feel a tear running down my cheek.
I hug him back and whisper a 'Thanks' into his ears.
For the first time since this accident I feel happy to have friends.


FLASH - "You can be stupid, but you really deserve the crest of the courage!"
FLASH - "Davis, I am glad to have you as a friend."
FLASH - "You've won the game!! You have become really good at soccer!"

------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I am in a better mood when I go to school.
I take DemiVeemon with me. He seems to be pretty happy about that.
When I enter the classroom, everyone greets me. I sit down in the back of the room.
All the time I have to think about the things DemiVeemon told me yesterday.
I feel so reliefed. Maybe it isn't so important to get my memory back, because my heart stays the same. They will come back one day.
I hope so.
Maybe I should stop thinking too much. Thinking isn't good for people like me.
I should do some sports.
Today afternoon. Yeah, I'll try to play soccer. If I liked it so much, I probably remember some things. Right now I only know that there is a black-white ball.
"Hey, Davis, how are you?"
It is the blonde boy - TK.
"Well, it's okay", I smile at him.
"Huh? Wow, that's super, Davis."
"What?"
"You smiled - the first time since your accident. Things are getting better, or?"
"Hmm...I don't know. Maybe."
"You are as talkative as usual.", he sighs, "It is surely hard for you. Not being able to remember your sister and your parents. When I think I couldn't remember Matt -". he shudders. "That would be horrible."
"Well, your relationship to Matt is much more deeper that my relationship to Jun.", I say without thinking while I open my book for the lesson, "First of all you don't see him so often since your parents are divorced..."
"WHAT?", he jumped of his chair. I watched him in confusion, while everybody else was coming nearer. "Davis - you knew that my parents are divorced. That means you have REMEMBERED IT!!"
"Oh."
"Davis, is that true?", Karis runs towards my table. "You remembered something?"
"I don't know...it only happened..."
All my classmates are standing around my table and asking questions. It was really nerving...too nerving!
"CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THAT!!", I yell with all my power.
Silence.
They watch me as if I would be an alien or so.
I can't stand it anymore and run outside of the classroom.

END OF CHAPTER 2


BACK TO MAIN NEXT CHAPTER