Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ New Addiction ❯ Friends in Low Places ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

New Addiction 2

Friends in Low Places

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon and no this is not a songfic to that country song "I've got friends in low places." I hate country! Sequel to First Crush

The more Suzie wanted to go to school, the more Ai didn't. She couldn't stand to see her best friend become so chummy with Millie but she bit her lip and went to school. Her relationship with Masahiko was over and Suzie, instead of being there for her best friend, she was busy with karate class, bulimia rehab, shopping with Millie or dating Masahiko, Ai's own brother. Ai wasn't even sure if she wanted to become a dentist anymore. What would be the point? She just wanted to crawl into bed with a bag of candy and stay there.

Ai went to her locker, where Suzie and Mako were kissing. She groaned and stepped up. "Hey…I need through, guys."

"Sorry, Ai," Suzie stopped kissing Mako. She giggled and turned around as Ai started the combination. Mako put her arms around her. "How ya doin'?"

"I'm fine," she said. "How did your um…speech go?"

"Oh, I totally bombed," Suzie muttered.

"Don't be silly, Suzie," Mako said. "I'm sure you were great."

"But I started crying before I even talked!" Suzie exclaimed. "You can ask Millie...hey, there she is! Hey, Millie!"

'Oh, don't bring her here!' Ai thought, rolling her eyes as she got to her knees to get the books she needed for her first class.

"Hi Suzie!" Millie walked up and smiled.

"Didn't I do bad on my speech?"

"No, you were great!"

"I told her," Mako said.

"Yeah, Suzie's just in denial," Millie said. "She did much better than me. I think I had a few spelling errors or something. Someone was laughing." She shrugged as she scratched her head. "Oh well…what am I going to do…become bulimic over it or something? Ha-ha…"

She and Suzie broke into giggling. Ai rolled her eyes again. 'Oh please…'

"Ah, you did just fine, Millie," Suzie insisted.

"I guess so," Millie said, "but I don't think I'll become president or anything like that."

"Well, see ya guys later!" Ai said. "Gotta get to class." She stood up, slammed the door and walked away.

"What's her problem?" Millie questioned.

"Ai's had a bit of trouble lately," Mako explained.

"Oh?"

"Yeah…Masahiko Katou broke up with her." Suzie said.

"Poor Ai," Millie sighed. "She'll be okay though. They're still friends, right? It wasn't anything serious, was it?"

"Masahiko just wasn't for that kind of relationship," Mako said. "He's my best friend. He knew if he did anything stupid I'd beat the living daylights out of him."

"Mako," Suzie muttered.

"Hey, if I don't look out for my sister, who will?" Mako asked. "Besides, better me than Beelzemon! Hahahahahaha!"

"Who?" Millie asked.

"Uhhhh…."

"Mako…" Suzie whispered, nudging her boyfriend in the ribs.

"Uh, gotta go, Millie! See ya!" Mako exclaimed, "let's go, Suzie." He led her away before Millie asked any more questions.

"I wonder who Beelzemon is," Millie said to herself. "Oh well…" she turned and went to her class.

Ai took a test in her first class she didn't study for and was tempted to cheat. 'Gosh, loosen up, Ai!' she told herself silently, pinching her nose. 'You're a straight A student. You oughta do well on this. Just erase everything from your mind.'

She kept tapping her pencil on her desk and looking at the clock. She clanked around the room and noticed that someone was looking at her a few rows away. Perry Tusuko. He was a strange dude, wearing black and heavy jewelry every day. His hair was always greasy but he acted nice enough, at least to others like him. There weren't too many Goths at the school and though they used to creep Ai out, she started to respect them a little now. They weren't too bad, unless they practiced black magic or something. Now that…would be freaky.

Perry smiled and waved at Ai. Ai waved back, a bit nervously and started on the test. Someone else in her class noticed this. Just as her best friend had him in homeroom last year, Ai had him in her homeroom this year.

Chip Honda, the jerk who turned her bulimic. He was also watching Ai and Perry, with a look that was not readable. It wasn't anger, nothing really negative, but e felt as if he was a witness to a crime. If Perry was up to something, Chip knew what it already was.

The bell rang, the students handed in their tests and Ai went back to her desk to get ready to leave. Two pairs of eyes were watching her every move. Chip's and Perry's. Chip wanted to go to talk to her, but Perry beat him to it. Grunting softly, Chip went out the door.

"Hi, Ai," Perry said.

"Uh, hi, Perry," Ai mumbled, surprised he was talking to her. She didn't have a crush on him like Suzie had on Chip, but she thought, for a Goth, he was pretty dang cute.

"Look, there's a party tonight," he handed her piece of paper that had information about the party. It was black with white writing with interesting designs on the sides. Perry must've had it done on computer. "It'd be nice if you could come."

"Thanks, but ah--"

"I heard you and Masahiko Katou broke up. You must feel pretty bad." He went on. "We've got a lot of stuff there sure to heal whatever ails ya. Hope to see you there." He winked at her and left the room.

Ai glanced at the invitation again and stuck it in her back pocket. She left the room and she hadn't even taken four steps down the hall when someone tugged her arm. "Hey!" She turned around and saw Chip. "Oh, what do you want, Chip?"

"You're not going to go, are you?" he questioned softly.

"I don't think it's any of your business!" she sneered. "I know what you did…you…you punk!"

"I'm sorry about what happened to Suzie," he apologized. "Honest."

"Uh-huh, yeah. Whatever."

"Okay, maybe I did act like a jerk and you must think I'm some jock with no feelings but that's not true," Chip said. "Listen, don't go to the party."

"Why not?" She questioned. "Because you weren't invited? Hmm? Well, if you weren't, then maybe I should go. Been a while since I've been to a party."

"You can't Ai. Perry…he does drugs!"

"How do you know?" she demanded.

Chip raised an eyebrow, "it's not like I've bought them from him or anything. I've seen him do it. He used to be on the soccer team but I found a pot pipe in his locker so I had him leave."

"Oh, please."

"I know you're too smart to go," Chip said.

"Of course I am! I know drugs are bad for you, but I don't need you to tell me what to do. Who do you think you are anyway?"

"Fine, if you don't want my help," Chip pulled his backpack up, "then live with the consequences. Don't say I didn't warn you." He walked past her.

Ai snorted and went to her class. "Jerk," she muttered under her breath. She forgotten about the invitation Perry gave her for the rest of the school day. She didn't mention it to Suzie at lunch. When she went to her locker to leave for school, someone patted her back. She turned around to see Perry again.

"8:00 at that old factory," he said. "See ya there."

"You own that factory?" she asked, surprised.

"Oh no…it's condemned, remember? I just know how to get in." Perry grinned. "Have my parties there all the time. Can't have them at my place, you know. Too small. There are directions on the invitation. Come on over."

"Okay," she mumbled as Perry walked away.

"Hey, what did Perry want?" Suzie questioned as she came over.

"Oh, uh…" Ai stammered, "He uh…just wanted to know…if he could borrow my literature notes for homeroom."

"Well, I hope you told him to forget it," Suzie said, turning the knob. "He's creepy!"

"Just because he wears black all the time?"

"It doesn't have to be the way he dresses," Suzie looked up. "Black's nice. It makes you look thin…why do you think I wore black a lot while I was bulimic? But that's all behind me now. Anyway, the guy's weird. I hear he does drugs."

"Hmm…drugs. Bad. Ew."

"Uh-huh," she opened the door and got her stuff. "Hey, what'cha doin' tonight? You can come with Mille and me to the mall after school. There's a huge sale at one of my favorite stores!"

Ai frowned. "Oh, sorry, Suze…but I got tons of homework." She picked up her books.

"You bookworm," Suzie teased, "you're no fun."

Ai flinched. She may have just been kidding, but it hurt. 'No fun, huh? Okay, fine.'

"Well, I'll see ya, Ai," Suzie left and Ai pulled out her invitation.

"I guess I'll go after all," she whispered to herself. "Besides, if my best friend doesn't think I'm any fun, I'll and make new friends. It's just a little party…what could happen?"

TBC