Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Nights in the Digiworld ❯ Mimi's Night ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclimer: I do not own Digimon or a bran muffin.
___

After a few hours, Mimi's eyes began to droop and she began to do an excessive amount of yawning. The fire was still roaring and dawn was about to break in the digital world.

"Stupid night. Stupid fire!" Mimi mumbled to herself, "Why do I have to be stupid fire keeper?"

"Because, we're all taking turns, going oldest to youngest." Koushiro answered her rectorial question, "I'm next."

"Yeah. Koushiro, when did you get up?" Mimi asked stretching and yawning.

"Just a minute ago, I was suffocating under Tentomon's wing." Mimi smiled.

"Here sit down." Mimi said moving over and making room against the tree. "I wonder how long it's going to be until we get back."

"I'm sure it won't be to long." Koushiro sat down, "I mean it's a very small island and, were bound to find a way off it eventually, unless, of corse, we are abducted by aliens first."

"Yeah," Mimi agreed, "Wait. Aliens?" She laughed and yawned again.

"Hey. Mimi?"

"Huh?"

"I'll watch the fire. You can sleep a while."

"Thanks" She said and drifted off to sleep with her head on his shoulder.

Koushiro removed his jacket and let Mimi use it as a pillow, he kissed her forehead and started building the fire up. Then he went to collect breakfast.

He found some mushrooms, some banana shaped fruit, a digi egg, and a linty bag of Jelly beans(From deep within his pants pocket), although he wasn't sure they were edible.

By the time he got back from the breakfast hunt, everyone was awake except Mimi.