Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Now, Forever and Always ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1:

New enemies rising.

TK Takaishi sat at the bar in Liam's, and watched Davis Miyomoto and Liam Dillon serve their customers. He lifted his glass to his lips, and sipped his coke. Patomon sat on the counter with Veemon, playing poker. The two small Digimon looked at each other suspiciously over their cards. Suddenly a shout came from the corner. A group of three drinkers, already seeming to have had more than enough, called Davis over.

"Can I help you guys?"

The men nodded.

"Another round of whisky thanks."

Davis recoiled from the man's breath. Fanning a hand across his face, he spoke calmly.

"I think you guys have had enough already. Don't you have a home to go to?"

The man stood up shakily. TK picked up his drink, and a bottle of beer that lay next to it, and sat at the table next to the group. These were obviously the guys Davis had told him about. They had been coming in here and getting rowdy for the past couple of nights, and the two Digidestined had come up with a battle plan. As he sat down, Liam came over and started pretending to serve him. The big Irishman whispered to him.

"You ready, TK?"

The blonde man nodded. Glancing at the group of men, he surreptitiously placed his hand around the neck of the beer bottle. He made sure the cap was still securely on. The drunken man finally made it to his feet.

"Are you insulting me boy?" he said threateningly to Davis.

"Are you drunk, or just stupid. You've had enough, and I think you should leave. Or you'll be leaving on your backs."

The man snarled, drew back his fist, and punched at Davis. Davis, sidestepping the punch, grabbed the mans wrist with his right hand. He drove his other fist into the mans gut, just below his ribs, then stamped on his kneecap.

The man went down like a sack of bricks. His friends rose to their feet, and rushed the brown-headed young man.

TK lunged forward and smashed the beer bottle over the second man's skull. The amber liquid flowed down the mans face, whilst Liam stuck out his leg and sent the other one flying headlong into TK's table.

Between them, and with the help of a couple of the regulars, they picked up the three men and carried them to the door. There they pushed them out onto the wet grass.

Liam went back to the bar, whilst TK and Davis sat down at their table. TK picked up his glass of coke, miraculously surviving the fight without losing its contents, and settled back into the seat.

"Nice party Davis, we should do this more often."

The other man grinned.

"I enjoyed it too. Thanks for the help."

TK waved the thanks away. He grinned back at his friend.

"No problem. When's Kari going to get here?"

"Don't know. She wanted to catch up on some sleep. She's been pulling a lot of late nights lately."

TK raised and eyebrow. Davis glared at him.

"STUDYING. She's got a big exam soon."

TK grinned, then looked at the door as it opened. He turned back to Davis.

"Speak of the devil..."

Hikari Kamiya stepped in out of the cold outside, and made her way across to them. TK looked at the man sitting next to him, and saw a small smile creep across his face. Kari sat down between them. She looked tired, the bags under her eyes a shade of grey. But her smile was warm as she looked at Davis, the love of her life. TK remembered when that smile had been for him. He watched as concern crept onto Davis's own expression.

"Are you okay?" he asked her.

She nodded wearily.

"I didn't get much sleep. Anyway, how are my two favorite guys?"

TK laughed.

"We're okay. We sorted out a couple of troublemakers before you got here."

"So those would be the guys I saw lying on the grass out there. You two don't take prisoners, do you?"

Davis shrugged.

"I never could see the point."

Suddenly, Kari slumped forward in her seat, clutching at her forehead, her face grimacing in pain. Davis leant across, putting his hand on her shoulder, his own expression worried.

"Kari? What's wrong?"

She leaned back, and spoke quietly.

"Nothing... I'll be okay, I just need to go to the bathroom."

She stood up. He boyfriend spoke again

"Are you sure?"

"I said I'm okay!" she snapped.

Davis recoiled from the vehemence of her words. He steeled himself, and stood. He moved around the table, and pulled her close into his embrace.

"I'm just worried about you Kari. You've seemed a little... off base lately."

She glared up at him, but saw only concern in his deep brown eyes. Her expression softened. She rested her head against his chest.

"I'm sorry Davis. But I still need to use the bathroom for a minute. Back soon."

She broke away, and Davis sat down next to his blonde friend.

"She's definitely worried about something." Said TK.

His friend nodded.

"I know. I just wish I knew what."

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---- ----------------------------

Kari splashed some water on her face, and looked up into the mirror. She felt sick. Clumsy.

She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. She splashed some more water on her face, and a little of it fell into her mouth.

Salty, it tasted salty.

Perplexed she looked down at the basin.

The water was tinted black. No, not tinted, it WAS black. She knew where she had seen this water before.

A face appeared in the water, a human face. It's lips moved.

"You are mine."

Kari screamed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---- ----------------------------

Out in the bar, Davis and TK heard the scream, and both sprinted for the women's bathroom. There they found Kari lying on the floor, unconscious.

Whilst TK sprinted for the phone, Davis gathered up the woman he loved in his arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---- ----------------------------

In that monochromic parody of the digital world, the figure on the beach continued to look into the black ocean, watching the scene unfold before him.

He had seen her. The one he needed to complete this venture. Her and the boy, Ken, were the only ones left, and they had the most power. As he watched the people rush about, trying to help the girl, he noticed for the first time the one cradling her in his arms.

He could sense something about this one. Something intense, burning like the brightest fire.

Yes! There it was, the age-old enemy of his people. The only one with the power to defeat them.

He turned to the massive Digimon behind him, its black armour gleaming.

"There is one among them. One with the spirit of the Paladin. This could upset the balance of our plans. See to it that he is removed, we have work to do."

The figure turned to the air behind him, and drew his hand down it like a knife.

A gleaming door opened as his hand passed, and bright colours showed on the other side. The young man stepped through, the huge Digimon following.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---- ----------------------------