Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Odd Takari Story ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
disclaimer: i dont own digimon, altho i wish i did
takari 4 eva, n whatnot. i was bored, ok?


Hikari stared at her hands. 'God, what is wrong with me?' Her eyes floated to the figure on the ground before her. A corpse. A dead body. Killed. She gazed at her hands once a again, noticing the bloody knife in her left hand. "I'm a murderer!!!!" She screamed, dropping the weapon and covering her face with her hands. Her sobs wracked her fragile body and she cried out curses on her birthdate.
And then she woke up.
Pale moonlight filtered through the blinds, the moonbeams leaving trails of light upon her blanket. Furrowing her brow, she flipped back the comforter and creeped out of her bed. Placing her head in her hands, she whimpered. "Why? Why am I having these dreams?" She sniffled, trying to hold back the tears that threatened her eyes. It was no use, and she began to bawl. The sleeping figure besides her stirred, and her husband appeared to comfort her. "What's the matter, baby?" The gruff voice echoed in her throbbing head. "Satoshi... nothing. Just a startling dream..." Her husband grunted and rolled back over. "Next time be more quiet, Kari." She stood up, trembling slightly, and made her way through the dark house, feeling around for the kitchen doorway. She flicked on the lights, temporarily blinding her. As her eyes cleared up, she managed toserve herself some cold water, and sat trembling at the kitchen table, sobbing. She wiped away the tears, and washed her cup. Kari stared out the window. Then she remembered. She'd had these types of dreams before... dark, scary ones, when she was young, 12. She remembered fleeing to Takeru. "Oh Takeru... why?" Why did she leave him? She cupped her face in her hand, and whimpered. God, how she missed him.
Suddenly, a shot rang out through the house. Kari let out a bloodcurdling scream and dropped the galss she was drying, and it shattered into pieces upon the kitchen tile. Yelling, she ran to the bedroom. Satoshi stood, gun raised, asleep. He slept walked. No. Sleptkilled, she corrected her self, and screamed in sorrow as she noticed her newborn daughter covered in blood in the crib. "No!!! Atari!!" She bawled and ran into her son's room. "Ohma! Hurry! Come with mommy!!" She grabbed the crying child, disrupted from his sleep by the noise. Holding him close, she sniffed and whispered in his ear. "Run and fetch your teddy... we're going..."


***TWO YEARS LATER***

Ohma laughed and chased after his Salamon. "Come back, Salamon!!" Kari laughed as her son's digimon partner scurried up a tree playfully. It was a Digidestined reunion! All the originals, as well as the newer ones were gathered in the Digital World, picnicing and having fun. She watched gleefully as Taichi and Yamato compared stories from years past, while Sora, the new Mrs. Ishida, laughed alongside of Mimi as they girltalked. Miyako and Ken were enjoying a intelligent conversation with Izzy and Cody, while Joe and Davis organized games for the offspring (A/N: hahahah that band rox!). Everyone was there, and happy. Except for Takeru. He had called his brother and said he'd be late.
"Uncle Yama! Aunt Sora!! We're HERE!!!!" Takeru's child ran jovially towards Sora & Yama. "Robin!" Sora hugged her neice happily, and Yamto waved at his brother. TK grinned and flopped down on the ground between the Ishidas and Hikari. "Whoo. Being a single dad sure is hard." The others laughed and greeted him, but turned back to their conversations. "A single father?" Kari inquired. "Hmm?" Takeru turned. "Hikari? Is that you?! Wow! You look fantastic!!" A blush crept up on her cheeks. 'Takeru...' TK grinned. "Yeah, I'm single. I adopted Robin after interviewing her mother for a book of mine..." His eyes drifted down to his hands. "Robin's mom died shortly afterwards, and I felt so bad for Robin... and how've you been?" Kari's smile vanished. "Well... after I got married, my husband, Satoshi, had some kind of breakdown and ended up killing our youngest child, our daughter Atari, while in his sleep..." She sniffed slightly, and Takeru handed her a hankercheif. "Thanks... and so, I ran away with Ohma, and informed the police. He was hauled off, and Ohma and I started a new life..." TK blinked. "Wow. I'm.. umm, sorry... that's amazing... " He trailed off, staring at Hikari in wonder and sympathy. She began to cry, and suddenly lunged towards him, hugging him. "Oh Takeru, I've missed you so!" He embraced her warmly,. smiling lovingly. "Kari-chan... I've always been here... waiting." She sniffed and pulled away slightly. "What?" He grinned warmly. "I've waited for you this long, don't make me wait longer..." She blinked back tears of joy. "TK!" She hugged him again, then gazed at him. "Oh Takeru-kun... I.. I love you!" He leaned in, and caught her lips on his own. Just a brush of the lips, but hten he deepened it. They pulled away, breathless. And then she noticed everyone staring. They both flushed madly, cheeks burning. "Oh my God... did we just... " He whispered, obviously very embarassed. The digidestined clapped! TK and Kari fell over.

*Epilogue-- Takeru n Kari got married, yadda yadda, yadda yadda. okie. bye now.

vanilla