Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Power Rangers: Digital ❯ Rangers are born: Part two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“PREVIOUSLY ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
“Such dangerous weapons these Digimon are, the sooner we capture them all the better.”
 
“I lived and I shall keep on living, for a I'm General. Conan Lockhart!”
 
“You have one choice, turn over those Digimon, or our Robo-Cops shall obliterate you.”
 
“Awe, Man… none of our attacks work! How are we going beat these guys?”
 
“POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
 
EPISODE ONE
 
Part Two
 
The Robo-Cops were still approaching the others, who still had not a clue on what to do. They couldn't run, they couldn't fight back… even Davis hardly had any ideas of what to do.
 
“I mean it, fools!” growled the soldier. “You have ten seconds to turn over those weapons, or we open fire!”
 
Davis suddenly, had one last idea. Probably the craziest, and most idiotic idea he ever had, but in this case what did he have to lose? He hopped down from Ex-Veemon, and walked right up towards the Robo-Cops.
 
“Davis!” called TK.
 
“What are you doing?” added Kari. “Come back here!” but Davis didn't go back, he had to try this. He wasn't going to let any of his friends, or Digimon friends get hurt.
 
“Are you ready to surrender yet?” the leading soldier called from his tank.
 
Davis drew in a deep breath, “Tallyho.” he muttered silently under his breath, and then… “SEEYAH… HA!!” he let his foot fly as if he were kicking a soccer ball and knocked one of the Robo-Cops over like a domino.
 
Everyone, even the soldiers were shocked, and Davis smirked cheekily. “So that's your weakness, eh?” he said. “You can stand up to Digimon, but lets see how you deal with human strength!” and with that, he began to battle the Robo-Cops himself using a combination of his soccer skills, and fighting techniques he'd seen in video games.
 
If We Take Our Time,
And We Stick Together,
Everything We Do Will Go Our Way.
And If We Try,
Now and Forever,
No Matter Comes Next,
We'll Be Okay.
 
Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
 
“KEYAH!!”
 
ZAP!!
 
“HUP!!”
 
POW!!
 
Nobody could believe their eyes, but Davis was actually winning; single handedly beating up the Robo-Cops as if they were paper-cutouts
 
And We Realize,
What's On the Surface,
Ain't Picture Perfect,
But That Don't Mean A Thing.
One Thing I Know,
Is There's A Purpose,
And Like The Circus,
We're Hanging From The Rings.
 
 
 
 
Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
One Robo-Cop swung his clobbering-rod, but Davis managed to evade his every blow, roughly because the robot wasn't as fast as he was.
 
“One. Two. Three strikes…” Davis shouted as he Kicked the Robot down. “… And you're outta there.”
 
“Man… where'd Davis learn to fight like that?” Patamon asked.
 
“Uhm… does it really matter?” Hawkmon asked.
 
The leading soldier and his men had take enough of this. “Alright men… Rocket launchers ready!” all the soldiers got out their heaviest bazookas.
 
“AAH!! DAVIS, WATCH OUT!!”
 
“Take Aim!!”
 
Davis looked behind him. “Huh? Whoa!!”
 
“FIRE!!”
 
POOF!! The heavy guns fired sending several explosive bombs towards Davis. “Awe, Man… think fast Davis!” he said to himself, then he found his chance. “Hey… you guys ever play leap-frog?” and he somersaulted right under one of the Robo-Cop's legs, and got to safety.
 
KABOOM!! The missiles hit the Robots instead, and blew them into ashes.

Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
Together.
 
The lead soldier was furious. “The Robo-Cops!” he roared. “Quickly men… retreat!” he cried, and all his men began to drive their tanks away. “We'll meet again!!”
 
“Yeah… and well be waiting!” Davis yelled right back at them. He walked back to the others, and he noticed the looks of concern on their faces. “What?” he asked.
 
“Davis, what we're you thinking?” Tai snapped at him.
 
“Yeah! You just rushed into action like that. You could've been killed!” added Matt.
 
Everyone's scowling faces, told Davis that they all were in agreement that what he did was reckless and crazy. “Hey! So what!” Davis snapped right back at them. “If I hadn't done that we all would've been dust mites by now!”
 
“He has a point.” Ex-Veemon said. “I tried my most powerful attack on those guys, and I didn't even scratch them.”
 
Everyone was starting to realize maybe Davis and Ex-Veemon were right. Davis not only saved them all, but he discovered the weakness of those robots, and that they couldn't stand up to human power.
 
“Still… that doesn't explain about those other soldiers.” TK said. “Who are they, and what are they up to?”
 
“Yeah… they called our Digimon weapons.” Yolei said.
 
“And they made it sound like we weren't even allowed to have any Digimon at all.” added Cody.
 
Suddenly, Kari's D-Terminal beeped. “Hey… it's an email, from Gennai.” she said. The others all turned towards the message, which told them to meet Gennai at his house, at the bottom of the sea.
 
“I have enclosed a special portal you all can take, and the coordinates are on your Digivices. I shall be expecting you.”
 
“Gennai.”
 
Davis' gang checked their D3's and could see the flashing dot indicating where the portal was. “Well, you read the email… lets get going.” Davis said as he hopped on Ex-Veemon.
 
Kari couldn't help but giggle. “Typical Davis, always rushing into action like that.” she thought.
 
Meanwhile, on the island
 
General Lockhart was most displeased when he found out what had happened with his Robo-Cops. “Who did this?!” he asked with and angry sneer.
 
“Children sir. Teenagers to be exact.” said the Professor. “It would appear that they apparently do not approve of our ways, and seek to get in our way of things.”
 
Lockhart stroked Black-Gatomon's fur very roughly, causing her to quiver trying to keep herself from yelping. “Then it is clear now.” Lockhart said. “They will be the first ones we eliminate.
 
He got up and began pacing around his office, “But how shall we do that?”
 
The kids already knew the secret weakness of the Robo-Cops. They would hold them back, but they will not be able to destroy them. “We will need to send something stronger. Something more brute force than what they have… BUT WHAT?”
 
The Professor smiled a cheeky grin. “Sir… if I may?” he said, “I believe it is time I introduced you to another one of our little inventions.”
 
 
Lockhart and Black-Gatomon came into the lab were a big moment n scientific research was about to occur. “Behold, General… our very latest, and greatest invention.” the Professor said motion to a very large and ugly looking machine behind a big sheet of protective glass, with a steel doorway on the side.
 
Lockhart looked at it all confused. “Uh… just what exactly is this?”
 
The Professor and his team explained that this machine was called the DEC, which was a typo for “Digimon Evolutionary Contraption”
 
What it did was… two or more Digimon were sent through the machine in one end, and the machine would force their DNA and Digital codes to go crazy and combine to make a whole new Digimon; One that would still be immune to other Digimon attack, and posses enough power to blow up skyscrapers without much effort.
 
One of the other scientists came in with her results. “Everything is ready sir.” she said to the Professor. “We can begin on your word.”
 
The Professor nodded. “You may begin.” he said. “If you would care to watch sir…” he said to the General.
 
Two small Digimon; One a Kamemon, and the other a Kudamon, both unconscious in tubs of glass were lowered into opposite ends of the machine and then the switch was thrown.
 
Bright lights of radiation flashed, steam hissing everywhere, the machine and units began to rumble. Then finally… the big doors at the end of the Machine burst open, and there in a big puff of smoke and steam was a whole new Digimon. It looked sort of like a DNA form between the other two Digimon used to create it.
 
“My name is… Kamudamon!” it said. “What is it you wish of me, ho gracious creators?”
 
(I just made all that up, as will for all others)
 
Lockhart was most impressed, and began to chuckled wickedly. “Well done Professor.” he said. “If this works… consider you stock to go even higher.”
 
The Professor nodded, and then Lockhart called a full meeting with some of his soldiers and with Kamudamon. “Now listen all of you!” he thundered. “You will all head into the real world… your target is Obadia Japan. Destroy that city and let everyone know that the Red-Ribbon army is here!!”
 
With that the soldiers, and Kamudamon began to arm themselves and began rushing off, leaving the base, the island, and Lockhart, and Black-Gatomon's evil laugh far away in the distance.
 
Meanwhile
 
Everyone had been at Young-Gennai's secret underwater palace for a while now, and all the other Digimon were there too, and Gennai was able to explain why they never showed up for the picnic.
 
Apparently, they knew all along about those soldiers, and where they came from. Even their powers of Ultimates and Megas would do no damage. “But at least we know now that they cannot withstand up to human force.” Gennai said.
 
Davis still acting all cocky was quite pleased with himself. “It was tough, but… we won.” he said.
 
Everyone else just sighed. “We haven't won anything, Davis.” TK said.
 
“Yeah… those guys are still out there.” added Cody.
 
“And more importantly we still don't know who they are, and where they came from.” Yolei cut in. “And even more importantly… why are they doing this?”
 
Gennai was able to explain to them everything… Those men were members of the infamous, Red-Ribbon army.
 
“What?” Tai snapped. “The Red-Ribbon army?!” Everyone had the impression that Tai knew all about these guys. “My Grandfather used to tell me and Kari stories of his days as a war veteran.
 
 
The Red-Ribbon army, was known as the most powerful criminal organization in the world. Such ruthless soldiers. They robbed from the poor… terrorized cities… and even killed people.
 
The army was run by evil man called Conan Lockhart. One of the most evilest Generals in the world, and huge ego to match. He always claimed that he was PERFECT in everyway, and therefore gave him the right to do whatever he wanted.
 
He always had this insane dream of building a world filled with weapons and artillery, and where people solved their problems with violence instead of talk and reason.
 
Eventually… he and his men were beaten and forced to shut down operations, then they were thrown into custody for life, and were no longer a threat to the world.
 
 
“That is so sick, I think I'm gong to puke.” Mimi cried while holding her stomach.
 
From what everyone had seen earlier, Everyone was convinced that Lockhart was back in action now, and he obviously had established his base somewhere in the digital world. However it was undetectable by any of their equipment.
 
“He thinks our Digimon are weapons.” Ken said. “And none of our attacks could work on their Robot-Soldiers.”
 
Everyone was starting to realize that their free day were over, and that a new adventure for them had begun. “It will be all up to you, children.” Gennai said. “We must protect the Digital World, and the human world from Lockhart's forces at any costs.”
 
Davis' team began to jump right into the idea, but sadly, Tai's gang could follow them. As critical as this situation was, and they really wanted to help out, they just couldn't, and it wasn't just because their Digimon wouldn't be able to do much Damage, but… well.
 
“I have this test next week on Coronary Bypass surgery, and I should really get studying.” Joe said.
 
Sora had costumes to design as a college project for a passing grade, and Matt was looking at a big fat F on his astrology test if he didn't get cramming soon. Mimi thought she should really head back to New-York and warn people of what was going to be happening, and Tai was entering a big soccer tournament soon. “Practice, Practice, Practice.” He joked.
 
Izzy would be able to help everyone out for the battle that lay ahead, but by that he meant he could only study information and stuff. He too wouldn't have time to actually be there.
 
“Oh, that'sh jusht shwell.” Veemon said. “How are shuposhed to beat those men on our own?”
 
Gatomon actually agreed with him. “We almost didn't make it out of this battle, how can over come all the other obstacles?”
 
Cody nodded. “Besides… if any of our Digimon attacks don't work against those creeps, how are we supposed to beat those army men?”
 
Izzy and Gennai suddenly had an idea. “Maybe there is a way you guys can.” Izzy said. “Guys, give me your D3's!”
 
Davis' team, all confused, handed him their D3's. “What are you up to?” Kari asked.
 
“You will see in a moment.” Gennai answered as he and Izzy took the six D3's and placed them on a small pillar that appeared in the center of the room. “Stand back everyone.” Izzy said as he turned on his computer.
 
All was quiet… all was quiet still, and then suddenly, the D3's were all bathed in a tube of bright light that shone on the pillar, and they began to levitate in midair.
 
Everyone stood back with amazement in their eyes as they watched the D3's as they began to spin around, and around in a cyclone of colorful lights. The D3's then began to fly overhead of their rightful owners, magically wrap around their wrists, and then suddenly…
 
POOF!!
 
Davis, Kari, TK, Yolei, and Cody, were all wearing full bodied outfits, and helmets, all different colored. Just like… like…
 
Power Rangers?! they all cried out at once as they looked over their suits.
 
Izzy nodded. “Gennai and I have been working n this for quite some time now.” he said. “We had a feeling that something like this would happen, so with a little help from Azulongmon, we created these new powers.”
 
Gennai nodded in agreement. “General Lockhart will stop at nothing to destroy all who question, or defy his ways.” he said. “With your D3', and the forces of the Digital world by your side, you five will use these weapons and powers to become new superheroes… exactly like the fictional heroes you know as… Power Rangers.”
 
Tai's gang and the Digimon were all amazed. They all had watched Power Rangers on TV years ago, but actually see it come to life. “This is incredible.” Tai said. “Finally… a way we can really fight back.”
 
The other team was amazed too as they took off their helmets. Each other had the same ranger color as the colored ruffles around their D3's.
 
Kari was the Pink Ranger.
 
TK was the Green Ranger
 
Cody was the Yellow Ranger, he had even grown to a proper teenage height too, but he shrunk back down to his normal size when he took off his helmet. “This is amazing.” Cody said.
 
“Yeah… look at this fine stitching.” TK added as he looked over his suit.
 
Kari walked over towards Blue Ranger. “Davis you look really cool in that.” she said, but surprisingly…
 
“Uh, Kari?” Davis said to her. “I'm over here.” Then he took off his Red Helmet. Everyone gasped in confusion, and then Blue Ranger took off HER helmet.
 
“Yolei?” Kari said feeling a little embarrassed, and Yolei and Davis cast Izzy a sour stare. “Izzy!!” they both grunted.
 
Izzy smacked his forehead. “Aww, no!” he cried. “I must've mixed up Yolei and Davis' colors by mistake.”
 
This meant that now Davis was the Red Ranger, and Yolei was the Blue Ranger, when it was supposed to be the other way around. There was nothing they could do at this point, because once the powers were given they couldn't be taken back.
 
“Never mind. We'll just have to make the best of it.” Yolei said. “Hmm, mm… I actually kind of like this color.”
 
Davis nodded, “And besides… everyone knows the leader of a Ranger team is usually the Red one.” he said. The others all supposed that he was right, however, there was still one little problem…
 
Ken was still in his normal outfit. He had no ranger suit at all.
 
Izzy and Gennai explained they had a feeling this would've happened. It turned out that Ken, still having his fears of the Dark Ocean, and the stressful troubles of dealing with his evil past, all this made him spiritually weak, and not strong enough to control such powers.
 
“We'll keep trying all we can to find a solution.” Gennai said. “But, Ken… I am afraid that unless you can find it in yourself to overcome your fears, the powers will not seep into you. I am very sorry.”
 
Ken hung his head a little low in shame. “That's okay… I understand.” he said. Everyone felt really bad for Ken. So bad that nobody moved or said a word.
 
The silence was suddenly broken by the sound of an alarm buzzing, warning Gennai that there was danger happening in the real world. He moved over to his window with water falling behind it.
 
This was his Viewer-Window that allowed him to locate the source of the danger, and relay images of it. Either in the Digital World, or the real world. “This is very bad.” He said. “The Red-Ribbon Army is in the Real-world, and they are attacking your home town.”
 
Everyone gasped. “Obadia?!” cried Matt.
 
The screen showed images of tanks and guns firing at the buildings and structures, blowing them to smithereens, and killing many. The girls almost broke down and wept. “It's so horrible!” cried Mimi. “Those are innocent people.”
 
“Wait… look there!” Davis said as he pointed at the screen. There, everyone could see in the midst of the chaos, a very strange looking Digimon, one of which they had never seen before, stomping through the city, and causing even more damage with it's fearsome powers.
 
Izzy tried the Digimon Analyzer, but there was no data available. He did however get two other readings. One on a Kamemon, and another on a Kudamon. Also, everyone could see a big red badge on the Digimon's body with an “R-R”
 
“Red-Ribbon!” TK glared. “That Digimon must be working for General. Lockhart.”
 
Gennai nodded. “You are correct, TK.” he said. “Lockhart must somehow possess the ability of combining Digimon, manipulating their DNA, and morphing them into these diabolical creatures, for his wicked needs.”
 
Kari's blood turned cold. “That rotten man! How could he do such a thing?” Regardless of how, if this Digimon was working for the army, then it probably was immune to all Digimon attacks as well.
 
“Gee… I guess this means we'll have to go alone?” Cody asked.
 
Gennai nodded. “Just have faith, and trust in you new powers.” he said.
 
“Good luck you guys.” Ken said.
 
The rangers all nodded, and then they deactivated their suits, and warped to the real world. Now all everyone could do was sit, and hope.
 
Meanwhile
 
The citizen of Obadia were running the streets in panic from the raging force of all the tanks and soldiers; Firing their guns, and blowing things up… ohh, my it was not a pretty sight.
 
Worse than that, Kamudamon was still on a continuous plot to wreck this city, using its combined powers from the two Digimon he was made of. “SHINNING-ATTACK!!”
 
(The RR Digimon will get combinations of the attacks from the other Digimon they're made up of)
 
BOOM!!
 
KABLAM!!
 
Big explosions… buildings falling over, and rubble crashing down everywhere you looked. “Ha, ha, ha… this is too easy.” Kamudamon chuckled.
 
The soldiers themselves laughed sinisterly at the site of all the destruction and chaos they were causing. “Hmm, mm, mm… Oh, I have not have such fun in years!” the lead solider sniggered. “Who wants to go next?” he called out loudly.
 
“You do!!” called a voice from behind. All the soldiers looked around and saw Davis and his friends standing in the street.
 
“You kids again?!”
 
“You bet!” Davis snapped. “You want to destroy this city… then you'll have to go through us first.”
 
Kamudamon stepped forward. “Really?” he asked rhetorically. “And just who do you kids think you are thinking you can stand up to us?”
 
“Who are we?” TK asked.
 
“We're your worst nightmares.” added Yolei.
 
“We're going to take you horrible people down for what you've done to the city.” Cody growled.
 
 
 
“And show you what real power's all about.” added Kari.
 
Davis stepped forward and poised his arm with his D3 on his wrist out front. “You guy's ready?” he called.
 
The others all shouted “READY!!” and stuck out their D3's too. Then… they all did a few fancy arm movements, and cried all together. “LETS GO… DIGITAL!!”
 
They tapped the screen's on the D3's and then… the most amazing thing happened…
 
Their bodies were all soaring through tunnels of Digital data, and a cyclone of data bit formed around their bodies, changing them all into their ranger suits; Cody even grew up to the height of the others.
 
One-by-one they all jump-flipped in the air, fell in a line and cried out with all their might. “POWER RANGERS… DIGITAL!!”
 
Davis: “Digital Red!!”
 
TK: “Green!!”
 
Yolei: “Blue!!”
 
Cody: “Yellow!!”
 
Kari: “Pink!!”
 
Small explosions burst out from behind them, like something from a heroes movie. The soldiers were a little impressed. “But we are far from amused.” The lead soldier growled. “Go and get them, Kamudamon!!”
 
Kamudamon nodded, and he and a whole hoard of Robo-Cops began to charge straight at the rangers. “This is it, guys.” Davis said. “Let's do this!”
 
“RIGHT!!” the others all yelled, and they ran off into action.
 
None of them really knew Martial arts like rangers were supposed to, but they really didn't need to know too much as they all had their own special skills.
 
Just like Davis who had combined his soccer skills, and a bit of his own fighting ways, along with what he saw in video games.
 
TK had his basketball maneuvers.
 
“YAH!!”
 
“HIYA!!”
 
ZAP!!
 
POW!!
 
Kari used her steps from dance class to help her dodge, leap, and attack.
 
“AYAH!!”
 
“HA!!”
 
BOOT!!
 
BAM!!
 
Yolei… well she was pretty tough to beat all ready. Such brute force, and maniacal attacks. The Robo-Cops practically fainted all on their own.
 
“ROAR!!”
 
“GRR!!
 
OOF!!
 
CLONCK!!
 
The Robo-Cops were all down, and now it was onto the monster.
 
Although Cody's Kendo practice only taught him moves with a bamboo-stick that was go too, because it just so happened that he discovered something while he browsed through the incoming information on his D3.
 
“Hey, you guys… it says here we can use our D3's to access our Digi-sabers.” Everyone tapped their D3's at once and each of them received a light saber; each glowing with their corresponding color.
 
“Whoa… too cool.” Davis said. “Any last words bucko?” he called at Kamudamon.
 
“Yeah… SHINNING-ATTACK!!”
 
Sparks and small explosions knocked all the rangers off their feet, but their suits protected them from getting hurt too badly, and they all got back to their feet in an instant. “Let's get him! Davis yelled.
 
It was a tremendous battle. Five against one, Kamudamon was greatly outnumbered, and no matter how many times he hit the rangers, they got at him twice as much with their sabers.
 
Finally… Kamudamon was looking really weak, and ready to drop. “Guys, look at this.” Kari said as she searched her D3 for more information. “It says here, that if we combine our sabers together they'll become one giant sword and be ready fro the final blow.”
 
Davis nodded his head. “Nice going, Kari.” He said. “All right Rangers… you heard her. Let's bring them together!”
 
“RIGHT!!” they all shouted together, and the all stood in a circle, and touched the blades of the light-sabers together. The sabers began to sparkle with lighting, and in a bright flash of light Davis grabbed a hold of the mighty, “Spectrum-Saber!!”
 
The other Rangers stood beside him, with their hands on his shoulders. “POWER UP!!” they all cried at once, and the blade of the sword began to fried out five colored-bolts… towards the monster.
 
SLASH!!! Right through the heart, and back out again. “YAAARRRGGGH… AAA-AA-AAH!!” Kamudamon whimpered and roared in pain as his body began to spark and deteriorate. Then he fell over, forward ward and EXPLODED in a huge blast!!
 
When the explosion had cleared up, the two smaller Digimon, Kamemon, and Kudamon popped up from the ashes and were warped back to the Digital world as if they were never attacked in the first place.
 
The soldiers were horrified. Their most powerful weapon had been crushed, they had no choice but to retreat. “We will meet again!!” they all called back.
 
The citizens of the town came out from their hiding places, and began to cheer for the new heroes. The Rangers all clicked their D3's “POWER DOWN!!” and changed back to their normal outfits, and began shaking hands with the cheering fans.
 
Later on
 
The gang was having a meeting at Gennai's palace. “Well done Rangers.” Gennai said. He was even happier to tell them all not to worry about all the damage and all the people who were killed.
 
Gennai spoke with Azulongmon, and Azulongmon already agreed to help out by using his power to repair all the damage, and restore all the lost lives.
 
“We have one the battle today… but the war has only just begun.” replied Gennai.
 
The Rangers all nodded. “Lockhart's going to be a real tough cookie.” Davis said.
 
“But as long as we're here… we'll fight him to the bitter end.” added TK.
 
The others all nodded in agreement. This was the start of a brand new adventure for everyone. Who knew what rough roads lay ahead, or what hardships they would end up facing?
 
They would all know… in due time.
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
Lockhart decides to send a new monster to attack the city again, only with a little something extra…
 
“With this chip in planted in the monster, the rangers won't know what hit them.”
 
“Izzy…What's going on?!”
 
“His Digital DNA is multiplying and expanding rapidly… causing him to grow to a tremendous size with even more strength than before.”
 
Are the rangers finished after such a short time already, or will they find someway to even things out?
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”