Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Power Rangers: Digital ❯ Cody's First HOT date ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE FIVE
 
Early one Friday morning…
 
Cody was lying in bed, happily sleeping away that he had forgotten to wake up to his alarm clock, and when he finally stretched himself wide awake he looked at his clock and realized it was half-past eight.
 
“WHOA!!” he cried as he practically leapt out of bed in panic.
 
“Cody! What is it?” cried Armadillamon. “Call to arms. Missile attacks?”
 
“I'm late! I'm late!” Cody cried.
 
Armadillamon rolled his eyes. “Oh, is that all.” And he rolled back over and went back to sleep.
 
Cody dressed himself and washed up in less than three minutes before he grabbed his knapsack, a bagel from the breakfast dishes.
 
“Cody… you forgot your lunch!” his mom called out to him. Cody zipped right back, grabbed his lunchbox, and tore off again.
 
His Grandfather sipped his morning coffee. “Not bright and alert, I see.” he muttered. “He'll never make a true warrior, that way.”
 
Cody's mom looked grudgingly at her father-in-law. “Oh honestly, Dad… the least you could've done is woke him up.”
 
Chikara remained as focused and calm as ever. “My son, Hiroki used to tell me the same things.” he said. “I would never wake him up, not even when it was in times of great desirable moments… it was one of my lessons of teaching small boys to become men.”
 
“What good is a man's power if the man cannot time his sleep well. Learn to work fast while conserving strength… and in time you will come to be on time for things.”
 
Cody's mom resisted the urge to argue, and carried on with the dishes.
 
Meanwhile
 
Lockhart and his men had been up since dawn doing their early morning drills and warm-ups. Lockhart always pushed his men to the hardest of their limits, which was why they were always so buff and strong.
 
Even the women soldiers had their tough sessions.
 
“Do it now… feel the burn!” growled the trainer. “Throw the gas on that fire!”
 
Lockhart himself was watching from up above in his office. “Ahh... that is what I like to see.” he said. “All my wonderful soldiers pumping their hearts out, preparing to take on the two worlds, and show of my great perfection.”
 
He lay back in his chair. “Ohh… if only it weren't for those cursed Rangers, I would probably have it all by now. Yet, they make a fool out of me every time!!”
 
“Now, now, Sir… calm down.” Black-Gatomon said. “This is no time to be getting all steamed up.”
 
Lockhart stared sternly at his pet. “This is a perfect time for me to flare up… and I also don't--” he paused when he suddenly realized what he was saying, and what he had heard for the past few minutes.
 
“Feel the Burn.”
 
“Gas on the Fire.”
 
“Steamed up.”
 
“Flare up.”
 
He grinned ever so sinisterly that Black-Gatomon was quivering in fear. “Yes… that is the answer. Hmm, mm, mm! Mmm, hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah! WAH, HA, HA, HA, HAAAA!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Cody was still running hard and fast to get to school before it was too late. He could hear the first warning ring. “Gee… I have move it.” he cried.
 
He could see the school up ahead, just as the last of the students ran inside, when suddenly, there were Robo-Cops everywhere. “Aww… not now!” Cody cried. “Doesn't Lockhart ever learn.”
 
Sadly, there was far too many of them for him to battle all alone in his current form, but at least he was far enough from the school, and no else could see him. So, he had to go for it and tapped on his D3. “Let's Go… Digital!” and he dashed into battle.
 
(Zatch Bell theme… only I added extra lyrics of my own)
 
-You know who's got the power.
You know who's got to cast the spell.
If we're going to take the day.
 
The Robos tried to gang up on him from the sides, but Cody dodged their attacks and shoved his feet right into them causing their circuits to short out.
 
Courage and heart cannot be lost or torn apart.
Together we will pull each other through.
You know who's got the power… POWER!
 
Some of the Robos even tried their new machine guns, and Cody did get hit and went down. “ARGH! That does it!” he snarled, and he pulled out his Digi Saber. “HIIIII-YAAAA!”
 
-You know who's got the power.
You know who knows it all to well.
We're gonna do it the right way.
 
Cody spared no one, and asked no questions. He swung his sword like a madman, bashing all the Robos into a big scrapheap.
 
To believe in all power, takes hours on the hour.
But believe and there's nothing you cannot do.
You know who's got the power… POWER!
 
 
The Robos were gone, and Cody sheathed his sword. “Some guys just never learn.” he muttered inside his helmet, but then suddenly, the class bell rang. First period was going to start any minute now.
 
“Whoa! This is bad.” he said to himself. His locker was all the way on the second floor of the building, and so was his first class, but he wouldn't have time to run through the door.
 
“The roof.” he thought. “I'll go through there.” With that, he leapt up, up, up, and onto the roof. “Power Down!” and he de-activated his suit and dashed for the door, when suddenly he stopped in is tracks when he saw that… he wasn't alone.
 
There standing near the door was a young girl, about his age, with long red hair, and Cody was starting to feel maybe she just saw everything.
 
“Hey, I recognize you.” She said. “You're Cody Hida, from my English class.”
 
Cody realized she was looking at him all confused, which was starting to confirm his fears. “Uh… heh… yeah.” He said nervously. “Uh… it's about to start, aren't you worried you'll be late.”
 
The girl giggled. “No… not really.”
 
Cody could feel the hot water inside him rising. “Uh… I uh… I have to go.” He said and he dashed inside and down the stairs. “I can't believe that just happened.” he thought to himself. “I've barley been a Ranger for a month, and I've already show my identity to someone else?! Aww… I should've known better.”
 
(I know it seems rather irregular for Cody to be acting like this, but he is late for school, and he is almost a teenager, So it's time he had his growing phases)
 
He kept running down the stairs calling himself “Stupid” over and over again, but that girl from the roof kept watching him until he was out of sight.
 
“Wow… that guy's totally amazing.” she thought to herself as she could feel her checks turning pink. “And he's really cute too.”
 
 
Luckily, Cody made it to English-class before the teacher did so he couldn't be counted as late, but he still felt really disturbed about what just happened up on the roof. “Please… tell me I'm just dreaming.” he kept asking himself over and over again.
 
Just then he looked down the row of desks beside him, and saw the girl from the roof walk up to her seat. Then she gazed back at Cody, still finding him cute and irresistible.
 
Cody really felt bad now. “Oh, no. I shouldn't have jumped up there in my suit.” He thought to himself yet again. “I'll bet the whole school will know soon.”
 
The teacher came in, and class began, but when the lecture begin and Cody was asked to answer a question, but he was still absentminded.
 
“Cody!” the teacher snapped, finally getting his attention. “Honestly Cody, this isn't like you at all. Do you have anything to say for yourself?”
 
Cody was at a real loss for words now, and not only did he really feel stupid at this point, but the next thing he knew, his teach, who had ways of teaching kids to behave had him standing out in the hallway and holding a huge sandbag over his head.
 
“See that class...” the teacher said. “My job's to turn you all from boys and girls into adults, and if you waste my time in my class; I don't give out extra homework. I don't make you stay in detention, or make you wear a “Dunce” cap; but after you hold that sandbag over your head for fifteen minutes, you're going to wish I had.”
 
Cody didn't think the sandbag was all that heavy, but he did feel humiliated, and he was getting tired of holding his arms up with extra weight on them.
 
The girl Cody me on the roof thought Cody's punishment was cruel; that and she also was really starting to feel soft enough to want ask him out. Why, she even distracted from the lecture by drawing a picture of Cody in her notepad.
 
Suddenly, the teacher came up to her. “Ahem… Miss. Ayeka?” he said deeply; she finally looked up, and realizing what happened, she broke down, buried her face in her desk and whimpered.
 
“Ah… Sir, I'm so sorry sir.” she wept. “I just don't what came over me.”
 
All the other students, as well as the teach though that looked really embarrassing. “Uh… well uh… perhaps you should wait outside with Cody, and then we'll talk.”
 
Ayeka nearly leapt for joy and dashed out into the hall as if she was glad to have it that way. “Hmm! Kids.” The teach said.
 
 
Cody was still holding the sandbag over his head when he saw Ayeka walk over towards him. “Hey… uh… you too?” he asked her.
 
“Yeah… gosh. I was naughty too.” she answered sounding all shy and giggly. Then their eyes met, and they both turned away, Ayeka was feeling a bit silly, but Cody was still thinking. “Boy this is just great… she knows I'm the Yellow Ranger… what am I going to do?”
 
“Cody?” Ayeka asked, with hope gleaming in her eyes.
 
“Yeah… what?”
 
“Well maybe nothing but-- Do you have a steady girlfriend?”
 
Cody shook his head. “No, of course not.” he answered. “Why do you ask?”
 
Ayeka blushed harder. “Well… in that case… I was wondering… if you'd consider dating me then.”
 
Now Cody felt completely speechless that all he could do was stutter his words. “Gee… well-- I uh… It's just that…”
 
Ayeka's face curled back into a sad stare. “You think I'm… U-gly. Don't you?” she collapsed down and began to whimper into her knees. “Just say it… you don't like me… you think I'm ugly.”
 
“Huh… no, no… that's not it at all.” Cody quickly said trying to make it up to her.
 
“Then why won't you go out with me if it isn't that?” Ayeka sobbed.
 
Well apart from Cody still being a young boy, barley even a teenager yet, and feeling rather shy. He couldn't come up with a better excuses to stop her whimpering. Finally Ayeka decided to try blackmail…
 
“If you don't take me out… then I'll everyone abut your little secret!”
 
Cody gasped. “Ah! You… you wouldn't dare!”
 
“I sure would… just watch me.”
 
Cody had no way out of it this time. “Uh… ah… okay… let's go out tomorrow.” he said.
 
Ayeka's eyes lit up. “You really mean it?” then she jumped for joy. “Ooh… we are going to have such a blast.”
 
Cody blushed with embarrassment. “Yeah… a real blast.” he said sarcastically.
“So… I'll see you tomorrow in the town square at 1 pm.” Ayeka said. Then she patted him on the back before running off… which caused Cody to lose his grip and balance on the sandbag. “Whoa-oa! Ow-ow-ow… YEOW!!”
 
CRASH!! POOF!! Sand-clouds everywhere.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Lockhart was with the Professor and his team in the lab. “Stand by for Digital-Fusion.” The Professor said as his team loaded a Flamemon, and a Candlemon into the machine.
 
The machine went off… and POOF!! Out popped a new monstrous creation. Lockhart was most impressed. “Can you destroy the town of the Power Rangers?” he asked the monster.
 
“I can.”
 
“Good. You have my permission to do so.”
 
The Digimon vanished in a ball of fire, and Lockhart was never more confident. “It is time to fight fire with fire. Hmm, mm, mm…!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Cody went straight to the others after school, and they were not at all impressed. “You did what?!” Davis snapped.
“Cody what were you thinking?” added Yolei. “How could you let her see you transform?”
 
“Look I didn't mean it, okay?” Cody said. “I told you; I was attacked by the Robo-Cops, and I had to defend myself.”
 
Cody went on saying that Ayeka wouldn't tell anyone his little secret “Provided I take her out on a date tomorrow.”
 
The others all had a combination of shock, and surprised looks on their faces. “You… have a date?” Davis asked. “No way!”
 
“Cody that's so cute.” added Kari.
 
Cody felt real sick to his stomach now. “But… you guys don't get it. This'll be my first date ever… and I don't know what to do.”
 
TK had an idea, and he quickly phoned up his girlfriend Mina, and asked if Cody could follow them around on their date after school to take notes on what they do. “Right… thanks babe.” and he hung up.
 
 
When TK and Mina went out, they pointed out a whole bunch of things for Cody to note on. What some girls liked, what some boys liked. Places to go, and things to do, and all that stuff.
 
Cody did think it was all so fascinating, but he still was confused at certain things. Like the way TK and Min held hands. How she rested her head on TK's shoulder… and even… yes… maybe a little kiss or so.
 
But Mina and TK told Cody that things like that usually don't go on the first date. “Not unless the girl really, really likes you.” TK said. “Then you better watch it.”
 
Cody was thankful for them both showing him was around, but he was still feeling a little nervous… and he was feeling even more nervous the next day as his mother actually helped him get ready.
 
“My little man's first date.” she said sweetly. “You really are growing up so fast.”
 
“Mom…” Cody said sounding embarrassed. “I'm, only 12.”
 
“Twelve is a very good age indeed to start learning, my boy.” said Chikara. “In the distant past, most boys near your age were already married by then.”
 
Cody's jaw dropped. “Are you serious, Grandpa?” he asked. “Well I doubt this will be anything like that. It's just a date after all…”
 
“Isn't it?”
 
Later on
 
Cody was waiting in the town square, as promised, and suddenly there was Ayeka, right on time. “Aww… thanks for coming. You're so sweet.” she said to him. “So… what are we going to do today.”
 
“Uh… well… You see, I've never really been on a date before.” Cody said “Is there anything that you want to do?”
 
Ayeka smiled, and she suggested maybe they see a movie. They did go to one, sadly it was a romantic kind of picture, the kind that a guy like Cody wouldn't find too much and, and rather… drift off to sleep.
 
Ayeka caught him drifting off to sleep. “You… you don't even want to be here with me.” She got up fiercely. “Well then… forget you!” and she began to walk off.
 
Cody suddenly snapped awake when he realized what was going on. “No, Ayeka…” he tried to call to her, but he couldn't speak very loud in the theater. “Aww, man… hey, wait up.”
 
He finally caught up with her outside and surprisingly, Ayeka didn't seem so steamed anymore. “How about we go get a soda?” she said with a smile on her face… much to Cody's confusion.
 
Still, as long as she kept quiet about the secret, Cody thought everything was going to be just fine… as long as he didn't screw it up again.
 
Meanwhile
 
On the other side of town, no less than five separate buildings were on fire. Each one burning more wildly than the last; the fire-station teams were barely able to get them under control, and no sooner had they when more buildings caught a blaze… but by what no one could tell.
 
However… these fires also attracted the attention of the other Rangers, who were at Gennai's palace trying to get the dirt on all this.
 
“Six fires in 3 hours?! That's nuts.” snapped Yolei.
 
“Yeah, I know.” Izzy said. “And what's worse… it's been reported that all those fires were deliberate, and not accidental.”
 
“You mean… someone started those fires?” asked Patamon.
 
Gatomon clenched her claws tight. “It's got to be Lockhart's doing. I know it is.” she hissed angrily. “That guy really starts to fry up my fish sticks.”
 
“What do you think, Izzy?” asked TK. “Could Lockhart really be behind this.”
 
Izzy couldn't tell, as all the smoke and radiation from the flames made it hard to determine. “Still… you guys should go investigate.” he suggested, “You could even help out the fire-fighters.”
 
The others all jumped to it. “Wait… what about, Cody?” asked Armadillamon. “Shouldn't he go too.”
 
The others knew he had a point, but they also knew Cody would still be well on his date. “I'm afraid this situation takes prescience over Cody's ordeal.” Gennai said. “We shall email him, and tell him to join you… but in the meantime we should also be prepared for a security breach in his identity.”
“Go now, Rangers.”
 
The others all nodded. “Ready, guys?” Davis said.
 
“READY!!” the others said. “LET'S GO… DIGITAL!!” they morphed into their suits, got on their Digi-Cycles and warped away… except for Armadillamon who had to stay behind.
 
“So uh… anyone for checkers?” he asked slyly.
 
Meanwhile
 
Cody and Ayeka did seem to be having an okay time. They had their soda… went and got ice-cream. Cody even found out that Ayeka's cousin liked Kendo.
 
“Say, Cody… you don't like have any other secrets I should know about… do you?” she asked.
 
“Huh?” Cody quickly realized he had to act fast. “Uh… no, no. Just the one… and remember a promise is a promise. No telling anyone.”
 
Ayeka swore on her promise. “Hey, I got an idea. Lets ride to the top of the tallest building in town.”
 
Cody actually thought that was a good idea. He even couldn't believe he was starting to think it, but he was actually enjoying himself. He wondered if maybe this was what TK and Ken went through with Yolei and Mina… and maybe why Davis was so eagered to find a proper girlfriend.
 
However, as Cody and Ayeka got into town, they noticed all the fire trucks zooming past them, and all the roads being blocked off. “Gee… what do you think's going on?” Ayeka asked.
 
Cody didn't know, but then suddenly her could feel his D-Termial vibrating in his pocket, and he had a feeling it was probably from the rangers. “Uh, Ayeka… I just remembered, there's really important I have to do.” he said as he began to run off.
 
“Huh? Hey, where're you going?”
 
“I'll be back don't worry.” Cody called back to her. “I'll come right back and then we'll go for a walk in the park.”
 
Cody dashed behind some other buildings where no one could see him. He opened his email; which told him that the others were on their way believing Lockhart was behind all these fires.
 
 
The firemen were hard at work helping people out form the burning buildings, trying to keep the fire under control, and at the same time
 
A young frightened woman was trying to get past the men and into the house. “Please, I have to get in there, my Baby's trapped inside!” but the men insisted she not go anywhere near the building, as the roof was going to blow. “NO… SOMEBODY, SAVE MY BABY!”
 
Suddenly, one of the citizens in the crowed pointed off in the distance. “Look, it's the Power Rangers!” and sure enough, all five of the rangers raced up to the building on their Digi-Cycles.
 
They dismounted and ran up to the woman, “Which is your baby's room?” asked TK.
 
“Up there... Please save him!” she cried.
 
“Don't worry, we'll save him.” Davis said, “Let's go, guys!” and they all leapt up and into one of the highest apartments. So far, nothing… still nothing… then there was an EXPLOSION! “NO!” cried the woman.
 
But at that moment, all the rangers leapt out another window and Davis walked over and handed the woman her son. “It's okay, your Baby's fine.” he told her.
 
The woman, near tears, opened the blankets, “Oh, my baby!” the baby was crying out of fright, but he was okay. “God bless you Power Rangers! Bless you!”
 
The fire chief then told the Rangers about some large water tanks located near the roof. “If you guys and turn the water loose, we may get the fire under control.”
 
The rangers agreed to help out, but suddenly they heard someone scream from in the building. “Oh, my gosh! Someone's still in there.” cried Yolei.
 
Davis set the team off on their assignments. Yolei and Kari were to get to the top of the building and try to get the water tanks going. While he, Cody and TK investigated the upper-floors to help that person.
 
“Let's move! AYE-YAAAH” he leapt up to the top with the others following him.
 
“KEY-AAAH!”
 
“HI-YAAA”
 
The crowds were amazed at how high they just jumped, that they began to move towards the buildings only to have the Digi-Cycles themselves act as crowd-controls.
 
“Whoop… sorry folks. Stay back now.” Armadillamon said.
 
“Gee… since when did we become traffic-cops.” Gatomon muttered.
 
 
Yolei and Kari made it to the roof where the water tanks were. “Whoa! It sure is hot up here!” Yolei moaned.
 
“Never mind that!” Kari said. “Lets get these tanks open.”
 
They yanked and tugged on the water-valves, but they didn't seem to move a pinch. “Ugh… Uhn… hey, they're stuck tight.” Yolei grunted.
 
“Ugh… we have… to keep trying!” cried Kari.
 
 
Meanwhile… the boys were browsing around looking for that trapped person. “Yo… where are you?!” Davis called.
 
“You look down that way… I'll go this way.” Cody said.
 
TK was exploring in another room, and her could here the sounds of coughing and moaning. “Hey!” he called over to what looked like an old-lady in a raggedy-shawl.
 
“Guys! In here!” he called out.
 
The others moved into the room where TK was, but when they confronted the woman, to their surprise, they found it was a trick as a evil Digimon whipped off the shawl and gave TK and huge kick, sending him crashing into the others.
 
“You rangers are pathetically predicable.” he hissed as he approached the boys. “Let alone so easily misguided.”
 
“Whoa! What is it?” Davis asked.
 
Cody checked his scanner.
 
(DIGIMON ANALYZER)
 
Flandlemon:A Super Fire Digimon fused together from a Flamemon, and a Candlemon. His “Fearsome Flare” can create enough fires to reduce anything to ashes. You don't want o have this hot-head around your home.
 
“So… you're the one who's behind all these fires.” Cody snapped.
 
“Heh, heh, heh… of course. Who else can cause such great destruction.” Flandlemon snickered. “And now… what shall I do with you three. Charbroiled, or Extra-crispy?”
 
The boys stood their grounds, but without warning. “FLAMMING-FIST!!”BAM!! Flandlemon bashed all three of them right out the window.
 
“LOOK OUT!!” the firemen call to the crowds, and everyone ran away.
 
The Boys laded safely, but Flandlemon was close behind. “Leaving so soon… well I'm afraid you've gone and mad me mad.”
 
Kari and Yolei could see what was happening from the roof, and they decided this was far more important than the water tanks. So they leapt down to the boys, and they all got out their swords. “Lets get him!” Davis shouted, and the battle was on.
 
Unfortunately, despite the fact it was five against one, Flandlemon proved to be quite the tough one. One by one he blocked the rangers attacks, and then smacked them good and hard with his “FLAMMING-FIST!!”
 
Davis was the last one to go down. He tried his best, but in the end. “YARGH!!” he was down and that's not all that happened...
 
The other Rangers ran over towards him, “Davis, you okay?” TK asked.
 
Davis nodded, but when he looked his sword. “Whoa! Take a look at this!” His, and the others swords' were all burned and out of their glowing energy.
 
“He's ruined our Digi-sabers.” cried Yolei.
 
“This is not good.” added Cody.
 
“What do we do now?” cried Kari.
 
Flandlemon leapt into the center of them all, “That's simple… you stand still while I destroy you all.” and he began to battle them in hand-to-hand combat.
 
The Rangers tried all they could, but despite the fact they were able to actually land a few hits on his body…
 
“OUCH!!”
 
“EEK!!”
 
“OOH, OOH, OOH!”
 
His body was as hot as an oven cooking ten turkeys; scorching to the touch. No mater what they seemed to do, Flandlemon seemed to have a huge upper hand.
 
“FEARSOME FLARE!!”
 
Sparks and explosions flew everywhere knocking the rangers off their feet. Their suits even had scorch marks from where they got burned.
 
Meanwhile
 
Gennai, Izzy, Ken, and Wormon saw the whole thing on Izzy's computer.
 
“Boy… this Digimon really is a hothead.” Wormon said.
 
“Yeah… they can't even get close to him without getting burned.”
 
Suddenly, Izzy found something while he was scanning Flandlemon's unofficial codes, and patterns. “Hey… maybe this will work.” and he began to send an email straight to Davis.
 
 
“FLAMMING-FIST!!”
 
“WHOA!!”
 
“AAH!!”
 
The Rangers were down again. “Gah, ha, ha… and now to finish you.” Flandlemon hissed wickedly.
 
The rangers shakily got to their feet. “Awe man. I don't think we can hold out much longer like this.” TK said.
 
“But we can't give up yet.” said Kari. “There has to be a way to weaken him.”
 
Suddenly Davis' D-Terminal beeped. “Hey, an email from Izzy.” he said. The others gathered around, and Izzy told them…
 
“Rangers…”
 
“I did some research into Flandlemon and discovered that his power strength are generated to all the flames, and heat from his body. So find a way to put out the flames and he'll be powerless.”
 
“Then… follow these instructions…”
 
The rangers followed what he had to say, and were most surprised they had this hidden power all along and never knew it. “All right… let's go!” Davis said.
 
They all split up as Flandlemon leapt in for attack, and missed his shot. “Huh? Where'd they go?” he grunted.
 
“Over here, Hot-stuff!” Yolei called.
 
Flandlemon turned and saw her standing in between two of the fire trucks. “Easy pickings.” he muttered and he began to charge right for her.
 
Yolei just stood where she was, and waited, and waited. Then finally at the last minute, she flipped up high into the air. “Now!” she called and TK and Davis sprung out from behind the trucks with two hoses.
 
“FIRE!!” Davis shouted and they began to spray Flandlemon's body.
 
“Water!” he cried. “No stop, STOP!! The fire… is… going… out--”
 
Soon he didn't look so fiery-hot, or powerful, but more like a dampened sack of mud. “Yeah… it worked.” Davis said as the rangers all stood in formation, and motioned for the Digi-Cycles to come forward.
 
“All right… you remember what to do?”
 
“RIGHT!!” called the Rangers.
 
“YEAH!!” answered the bikes.
 
The rangers then tapped on hidden switch located on the bars of their bikes, and at once, the Digi-Cycles changed from heavy-duty motor-bikes, to huge bazooka-blasters.
 
They were the Digi-Cannons. Capable of digitizing anything at all.
 
“DIGI-CANNONS… POWER UP!!” The Rangers cried out, and they FIRED their huge blasts… combining them into one burst of energy.
 
Flandlemon looked forward “Huh? What the--” KAPOW!! “GAAA-AAARGH… Ooh that's hot…!” he cried as his body was deleted, and the smaller Digimon he was made of were set free.
 
The Rangers cheered for joy, until they remember that the fires still weren't out yet. Luckily there was still time. So they all went back up to the roof, and instead of trying to un-screw the valves… they just blasted the tanks right open, sending a river of water splashing throughout the building.
 
Soon the fire was low enough for the firemen to take care of the rest. “We did it!” Davis cried out, and all the rangers cheered and slapped High-fives.
 
Meanwhile
 
Black-Gatomon shook her head when the reports came in about Flandlemon. “Well… that didn't go very well at all.”
 
Lockhart, who was surprisingly being a good sport at his loss this time, stroked his cat and said. “Not to worry, my pet. We'll have a much more better creation next time.”
 
He clicked on his view screen. “Ooh… they may be strong… but sooner or later they will make a mistake, and when that happens… we will be ready. Hmm, mm, mm!”
 
 
 
Meanwhile
 
Sadly, they didn't stick around to accept any thanks from the crowd. Especially seeing as how Cody just remember. “Oh, no… I left Ayeka alone in the crowd!” he said. “I got to run.”
 
He ran back to where he had left Ayeka… and when he got there, she wasn't at all looking please. “Cody… you said you'd be right back!” she snarled at him. “How could you leave me sitting here all this time?!”
 
She got up and began to stomp away.
 
“Ayeka, wait!” Cody called, but Ayeka wasn't interested. “You didn't hold up your end of the bargain… so now I'm going to tell everyone!”
 
Cody's head almost skipped a beat. She was going to tell everyone at school that he was the Yellow-Ranger? “Ayeka, No!” he called loudly.
 
She still didn't reconsider, but in fact she warn Cody. “Guess the fact that you still have teddy bear-underwear won't be secret any longer.” she said.
 
Cody stopped in his tracks. “Huh? Teddy bear underwear?”
 
Ayeka told him… that last week she was passing by the boys change-room, when she saw Cody through a small crack in the door, and that his underwear had teddy-bears all over them.
 
She also heard Cody mutter to himself. “Gee… if anyone found out about this, I'd become so unpopular in no time.”
 
 
“That's it?” Cody asked. “But what about Yesterday? You know, when you saw me on the roof at school.”
 
Ayeka shook her head. “Oh, no, no… I couldn't have seen you that far away… not without my contacts in.”
 
Cody didn't know whether to feel like a fool… or an idiot. “Gee… Ayeka really liked and I really hurt her.” he said.
 
On Monday
 
Cody was laughed at a lot when word about his teddy-underpants got out to the school. He felt completely humiliated but he was grateful that at least his big secret was still secret.
 
Besides… he had his first date, and in he didn't tell anyone, but he sort of liked it, and thought maybe he'd give it another try…
 
… in about four or five more years.
 
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
Somehow or other, Davis' feelings for Kari seem to be showing certain signs.
 
“You “Like her” Like her”
 
“Yeah…. So I still have feelings for her”
 
As things start to get a little interesting between Kari and Davis, Lockhart plans to cross up this little date by placing TKand Patamonunder a jealousy spelland do battle against Davis and Veemon.
 
“If you can't destroy the Rangers yourself, get them to destroy each other.”
 
“You get away from them before we break you off them!”
 
Can TK and Davis solve their differences and overcome Lockhart's evil spell? Or will the team become one or two rangers short?
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
Authors notes:
 
Hi everyone… Mykan again…
 
Sorry if this Chapter seemed a little bad, but it looks like maybe I've been working on this too hard and I'm all clouded up forideals.