Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Power Rangers: Digital ❯ The Emperor's Mini-Series: Part one ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
I'm sorry if sometimes the wordsseem to fall out of whack, or if things get smashed together. It's Media miner… sometimes it screws over what I load onto it, but hey it's not too difficult to overlook.
 
EPISODE SEVEN
 
Part One
 
It was pretty dark and foggy, Ken opened his eyes, to find he had been lying down in the Digital Desert. “Hey, how did I get here?” he asked himself. “Where's Wormon?”
 
He reached up to brush the sand off his clothes, but then he suddenly realized what type of clothes he was wearing. “Ah! These… these clothes.” he cried. “Please, No!” he crawled over towards a small watering hole, and looked at his reflection. “AAH!!”
 
There he was wearing his old Digimon Emperor outfit. “No! No! I can't be…” he cried.
 
“Oh but it's true.” came a small voice from behind. Ken looked behind him, and saw a swarm of all the Digimon he had ever hurt or threatened from his evil days, and they didn't look at all friendly.
 
“Now we're going to show you all the rotten things you showed towards us, Emperor.”
 
Ken backed up nervously. “No, you can't do this to me.” he cried. “I've changed. I'm not the Digimon Emperor anymore. Please, you have to believe me.”
 
The Digimon all thought it over, and they all sniggered. “You are right about one thing though; You're not the Digimon Emperor… at least you won't be in a few minutes.”
 
“GET HIM!!”
 
Ken screamed and ran for his life, but the army of angry Digimon were gaining on him. Worse than that, the desert just seemed to stretch on an on. Nothing but sand, and more sand as far as the eye could see. No place to hide!
 
Finally, Ken's foot sunk so far into the sand as he was running, that he tripped and fell. “He's down! Let's get him!” All the Digimon closed in and shot their strongest attacks straight for him.
 
“No! NO!!!”
 
KABOOM!!
 
A huge explosion that lit up the desert for miles, and miles around, and then--
 
 
Ken woke up in a SCREAM of night-terror, that him parents came rushing to his room in an instant. “Ken… are you alright?” his mother asked.
 
“You we're yelling in your sleep.” added his Father.
 
Ken realized he was back home, in bed, and it was almost 2 am. “What a nightmare.” he panted. “I saw my whole life flashing before my eyes.”
 
His parents were confused. “But you haven't had any nightmares since we got you that nightlight.”
 
Then his father saw the reason. “No wonder… it's not plugged in.” He walked over and plugged the small light back into the socket. “Oh… I'm sorry.” Wormon said, still half asleep. “My tail must've bumped it.”
 
“That's all right, Wormon.” Ken's father said. “You didn't mean it.”
 
Ken really hated the dark, although his parents didn't know why. (But we do) Strangely as it was, using a nightlight helped him sleep a lot better at night, and he didn't have nightmares as often.
 
His mother tucked him back into bed, and kissed him good night. “Try to get some sleep, honey. You have school tomorrow.”
 
“Okay.” Ken yawned. “Goodnight.” and he was out like a light.
 
His parents left the room, but neither of them, nor Ken or Wormon could see the small glowing mark on the back of Ken's neck. The same spot where the Dark Spore in Ken's body seemed to be up to something big.
 
The next morning
 
Ken didn't look very well at school. He got a good night's sleep and all, but he seemed to be a bit tired, and he even looked a little pale. The History lesson didn't help him all the more as they were studying about ancient roman Emperors.
 
Emperors!
 
The moment Ken looked upon that dreadful word, it brought him back more flashbacks of his evil days. How he hurt all those Digimon, and shook up the Digital world with his control-spires. Ken was so absent minded that he dropped his text-book hard on the floor.
 
“Is everything okay, Mr. Ichijouchi?” the teacher asked. Ken didn't answer, and when the Teacher saw how pale and shaken he looked, he decided enough was enough. Nothing was more important to him than the health and welfare of his students. He advised that Ken go to the nurse.
 
Ken agreed and shakily got up. Yolei, who was in his class with him, didn't like the way her boyfriend seemed to be this morning. Something seemed very wrong with him, but what was it exactly.
 
 
As Ken walked down the empty corridors he could suddenly begin to hear the sounds of water dripping. Dark water dripping to be exact. A chill ran down his spine, and he gasped as he saw the corridors fade into… into… The Dark Ocean; right before his eyes.
 
“AAAAAAH!!”
 
Everyone in all the classrooms nearby poked their heads through the doors and could see Ken on his knees, his face pointing upwards at the ceiling, holding his head and SCREAMNG like bloody murder.
 
Yolei was the first to run up to him. “Ken! Ken, you okay?” she cried. “What's the matter?” Ken finally fell flat on the floor, whimpering, and shaking in fear.
 
The Nurse, who had heard Ken scream, dashed over and decided he was far to stressed and on the verge of having a nervous breakdown. She ordered that Ken be sent home and not return for the rest of the week. School work, and all the struggle wouldn't be good for him.
 
Later that day
 
The others all paid Ken a visit after school, and that's where he told them that he was being plagued by his horrid memories of the Dark Ocean…
 
“Again?!” The others were all shocked and ashamed. “Ken, when are you going to get it through your head. It's over… don't let it bother you.” Davis said.
 
“Davis?!” Kari snapped. “That wasn't very nice.”
 
“Uh… I hate to say this Kari… but for once I agree with him.” TK said.
 
“TK?”
 
Soon everyone, even the Digimon began to express their opinion to the fact that Ken still let he Dark Ocean plague him like this, even after all the evil they had beaten together, and all the obstacles they overcame.
 
Why, even Kari herself still had a few nightmares of the Dark Ocean, but even Yolei who had suffered through those nightmares got over her fear. Still… none of this really seemed to help Ken who had it the worst of all.
 
“I'm starting to think I'll never get over all this.” he said sadly. “How will I ever make a good Power Ranger if I'm even scared of the dark?”
 
“Don't say those things, Ken.” said Wormon. “Remember… you can't change the past, but the future can be altered.”
 
“Wormon's right, Ken.” Davis said. “Hey, I know what it's like to be afraid too, and I'm supposed to be the Courage guy here.”
 
Cody approached Ken and told him. “Grandpa always says… “Even the bravest of men can experience fear. You must know fear before you find courage.”
 
Ken smiled a little. “You really think I can do all this?” he asked.
 
“We know so Ken.” said Gatomon.
 
“Just wait… you'll be a fine Ranger in no time.” added Patamon.
 
Ken's smile grew wider, but then he suddenly let out a yawn. The others decided to leave and let him sleep. He sure had to tough day. Unfortunately, once everyone had left, and both Ken and Wormon had fallen asleep… that's where it all happened.
 
As Ken sleep away, the red spot on the back of his neck began flashing madly, and though he couldn't feel it happening, something black emerged from his neck; The Dark Spore. The very spore that started his evil ways all those years back.
 
The spore hovered it's way over to Ken's computer, and despite the fact it wasn't even on, and actually produced a newer Digital gateway to the Dark Ocean. Then it was gone…
 
 
It reappeared near the ocean's coast, and then dove into the water where the ghostly spirits of darkness began to feed on it, and lighting struck it hard unleashing something very, very dark indeed.
 
The waves of the oceans splashed hard against the shores, over and over, and then… when they had ceases someone began to tread out from the water.
 
A dark and creepy human, with frizzy dark hair, a dark outfit, shades over his eyes, and holding a whip. “Hmm, mm, mm. It's time for revenge.” he sniggered wickedly.
 
The next day
 
Ken was at home, by order of the school; not to return all week. Meanwhile, the others still went to school as usual. It was hard for them to concentrate as their minds would always seem to trail off and think about Ken.
 
At lunch, Yolei didn't feel like eating much. All this worrying over her boyfriend made her sick to her stomach. “Isn't there anything we can do to help Ken?” she asked.
 
Everyone shook their heads. “Yolei, as much as we want to help Ken out, this is something Ken has to work out for himself.” TK said.
 
Kari nodded in agreement. “The Dark Ocean is really going to be tough for him to overcome. I still have problems getting over it myself.”
 
Yolei knew they were right.
 
“Besides… in the meantime, we've got to keep watch for any other attacks in the city.” Davis said. “Ken may not be a Ranger yet, but we are Rangers. We have a job to do.”
 
Yolei smiled for the first time all day, and finally began to eat her lunch.
 
Meanwhile
 
Many Digimon were all running scared from something big and nasty. “Run for your lives! It's the evil Digimon Emperor!”
 
Indeed… it was him. The evil that everyone thought was long gone had returned, and was up to nothing short of trouble and chaos. Lashing his whip, and hurting innocent creatures.
 
“Run all you like, you overgrown Data-Dorks!” he scowled. “Nothing will stop me from getting that which I desire. Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”
 
Instead of reverting to his old tactics; Setting up Control-Spires, using Dark-Rings to control the Digimon… he had something much better in mind.
 
He finally caught a poor Digimon and held him right before his evil grinning face. The poor little creature trembled in fear. “W-w-what are you going to do?”
 
The Emperor grinned and snickered wickedly. Then he pulled out his new, and improved Black D3, and simply ran a red scanner light across the Digimon's body. The Digimon began to feel a little numb and weak after the process; almost as if some of his energy had been taken away.
 
The Emperor tossed the weakened creature down to the ground. “Now beat it!” he snapped, and the Digimon ran away like lightning leaving the Emperor to ponder over where he could strike again.
 
 
Somehow, going around and searching for wild Digimon was just too easy, and not very amusing for him, and in any case. “I'm going to need a much large source of energy if I am to effectively bring my master plan into action.”
 
Meanwhile
 
In various parts of the Digital world, Red-Ribbon facilities were replaced about to guard all the Digimon they had captured, and were to be sent off to the main-base, in its secret location.
 
One was less than a mile beyond the forest, and loads of trucks an vehicles began o shift their captives into their cages. “Come on you blokes, keep-a moving.” The commander growled. “Come along then.. we haven't got all day!”
 
A female-Soldier climbed out of her van, lugging a burlap sack with another victim kept inside. “My apologies, sir.” she said. “The General will be please though.” She finally reached the prison cell.
 
“Well go then, Lass.” Growled the commander. “Toss `em inside and be quick about it.”
 
The soldier-lady tossed her sack in, and the victims inside all began to cry and scamper about so much that the commander had to take action. He opened a small window, and narrowed his eyes at them all. “Anymore noise-- and you're TURKEY STUFFING!!”
 
The soldiers were so busy with their evil-deeds, that they didn't notice that someone was watching them through the bushes nearby. “Hmm… how interesting. Heh, heh, heh.”
 
Once the last load of captive Digimon were loaded into the prisons, the trucks drove out to gather up more, and the guards were posted around the facility to guard the entrances; That's where the Emperor, who was hiding in the shrubs, made his move.
 
One of the guards, looked over his shoulder and. “Who goes there?” he snapped. “Show yourself!” Just then, a strange teen walked out from the forest. “Well, hello there.” he said with an evil grin on his face.
 
The soldier raised an eyebrow in confusion, and in the strange getup the kid was wearing. “Look, whatever your business is, this is a restricted area. You have five minutes to leave the property or I shall have you taken in for questioning.”
 
The Emperor just snickered. “Actually, my business is right here.” he said. “You will now surrender every Digimon you have captured over to me, and that's not a request.”
 
The solider was beginning to lose his patients and reached for his radio, but before he could bring it to his lips…
 
WHOOP!!
 
The Emperor lashed his whip at the soldier's hand causing him to drop the radio, and his gun. The next thing; the Solider was being held hostage. “Now… let's try that again shall we.” the Emperor hissed.
 
“Y-y-yes, anything. I'll do anything.” cried the solider.
 
 
Soon, after words, the soldiers were unable to explain to Lockhart why it was that all the Digimon they had captured had such low energy levels. Sadly, the soldiers weren't up to explaining why.
 
“Very well then… you are all to work triple your shifts until further notice.” Lockhart ordered, and he signed off.
 
All the soldiers walked back to their posts, while outside… the Emperor was most please, and somewhat displease. “All those Digimon, and I've only gotten half of what I need?!” he growled to himself. “Ah well… at least I'm making progress.”
 
He got up and walked off. “All I need is one more burst of energy.. and I think I know just where to find it. In the meantime... Hmm, mm, mm…” he sniggered wickedly as he grasped a Digimon-card in his hand; a very special one! “… I already have what I need to bring back my old friend.”
 
Meanwhile
 
School was out for the day, and the others all met up with Cody, and they all planned to go check up on Ken to see if he was alright. However… as they proceeded through town, they saw all the local citizens running in a stampede as if they had just seen the grim-reaper.
 
“Hey!”
 
“Whoa!”
 
“Watch it!”
 
They immediately got the impression that something was wrong. Sadly, all the people were running too fast to stop and answer them. “Whatever's got them spooked, it's got to be big.” TK suggested.
 
“Let's check it out.” Davis said, and they all ran deeper into town. When they got there, not only were there more frightened citizens running amuck in panic… but then they saw what it was.
 
Cody sweat dropped. “Guys? Is that--”
 
Everyone else had their eyes wide, and their jaws hanging open. “N-n-no… it can't be!” cried Yolei. There; crushing the buildings, and wrecking the town the power of a small army was a Kimeramon.
 
One not as big as the last one they ever confronted, but still ranging mad, and really casing trouble.
 
“HEAT-VIPER!!”< /b>
 
Explosions, Earthquakes, and even the roads were training up. This Kimeramon was looking for something. “Power Rangers!” he roared “COME OUT… FACE ME!!”
 
They all got a good look at him and could find no RR- Badge on his body, which could only mean that this Kimeramon wasn't working for the Red-Ribbon Army. Still, they wondered just where he had come from. The only Kimeramon that ever came into existence was destroyed by Davis and Magnamon.
 
Nevertheless, they all decided to go confront the monster.
 
“Ready, guys?” Davis said. “READY!!” the others answered. “LET'S GO… DIGITAL!!” They morphed into their suits, and charged deeper into the city.
 
Kimeramon turned round, and saw them. “Ahh… there you are?” he growled. “I've been waiting for this day for quite sometime.”
 
The rangers were all confused. They never even met this Kimeramon before, and it was acting as though it was bearing a grudge against them all. “Look, pal…” Davis snapped. “I don't know what your story is, but you're wrecking up the town, and we're going to stop you.”
 
Kimeramon just grunted. “Such big words from such a small mouth, but enough of this idol chit-chat!” he thundered as he leapt down from the tall buildings. “LET'S GO!!”
 
The rangers pulled out their swords. “Let's go, guys!” Davis shouted, and they all dashed into action.
 
Despite the fact that Kimeramon was only one individual, he was still one very special individual. The rangers tried all they could, but Kimeramon managed to use his different body parts to prove other wise. Apart from having a Greymon body, and Metalgreymon's hair.
 
“Head's up big-boy!” TK yelled form above, and he leapt down and thrust his sword right at Kimeramon's Kabuterrimon-head. “Rah, ha, ha…” That hard head caused TK's attack to do no damage was done at all.
 
“Care to go for a lift, Green Ranger?” and with his, two Angemon, and Airdramon Wings, he took off form the ground with such force that it tossed TK off of him like a catapult.
 
SMASH!! “Ow! Ah!”
 
“TK!!” cried Kari. “Hang on I'm coming.” but as she rushed over, Kimeramon used his Garurumon legs to LEAP right in front of her. “Going somewhere?”
 
Luckily by then, TK had recovered and all the rangers tired to attack Kimeramon from all sides, but it didn't work not only did have a good swing with Monochromon's tail, but with his four arms…
 
Two Devimon Arms
 
A Kuagamon left-arm, and Skullgreymon right-arm.
 
All the rangers were bashed harder then the pins in a bowling alley. “Rah, ha, ha, ha… what's the matter Rangers? Too much for you?” Kimeramon roared. “Well then taste my HEAT VIPER!!”
 
Super Powerful explosions, and the rangers really got his hard as they all fell over. Their suits even got a little smokey in certain spots, and they were barley able to get back to their feet.
 
“Exactly… what point… did we lose control here?!” snapped Yolei.
 
Cody agreed with her. He just felt like a whole hoard of elephants just charged at him. “Anybody got any ideas?” he asked.
 
Kimeramon let out a HUGE ROAR!! “Yeah, and it's one I never thought I'd ever say.” Davis said. “RUN FOR IT!!” and they all took off like cowardly kittens.
 
“Come back, you cowards!” Kimeramon growled and he began to chase after them when he was suddenly shrouded by dark light coming from a small source behind him.
 
It was the Digimon Emperor calling him off. “That's enough for now, Kimeramon.” he said. “You've already shown me what I needed to know.” He was referring to the fact that rangers barley even scratched Kimeramon, and now he knew for certain that they couldn't win like this.
 
Meanwhile
 
The others had fled off to see Gennai at once. All of them were holding ice-packs over their sore spots. All the Digimon were very upset about what happened to their friends. What upset them even more was the fact of there being another Kimeramon on the lose.
 
“And here we thought we'd seen the last of him.” Hawkmon. “We barley even survived our previous encounter with him.”
 
Davis didn't even sit down. “Ow, Man!” he groaned. “I didn't think it was possible to get your butt kicked so hard.”
 
“Speak for yourself.” cried Yolei and she remember her aching head. “I think I dented my skull out there.”
 
Just then, Izzy and Gennai came in with looks of extreme worry on their faces. “Uh-oh!” Gatomon said. “I don't like the looks of this.”
 
Izzy had taken in their reports, and studied as much about the battle as he could. “But … well it seems that… that Kimeramon is the exact same one from long ago.”
 
The others all gasped and dropped their ice-packs. “But it can't be him!” TK shouted, ignoring the pain in his arm. “We saw Davis and Maganmon blow that evil thing to dust years ago.”
 
Gennai told them that someone had revived Kimeramon. “I know who it is we are dealing with, but you will not like what you are about to see.” he said with caution.
 
“What?” Davis asked. “Who is it?”
 
Gennai motioned for Izzy to show them on his screen. When the picture became clear, everyone felt as though they had seen the apocalypse. “N-n-no… it can't be!” cried Cody. “It's… its…”
 
“It's the Digimon Emperor, and Kimeramon!” Armadillamon squealed in place of Cody.
 
“Ken… no!” Yolei peeped, trying not to start crying, but that was where it got even worse. For Izzy and Gennai told them that it wasn't Ken…
 
 
Ken was still at home where he had been all day, and he was on his computer when he saw the whole thing on his screen. His blood almost froze as horrifying images spread before him.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah… I am the Digimon Emperor.” The evil one said over the screen. “To all those who dare to defy me and Kimeramon; know this. We are back now, and stronger than ever before.”
 
“The Digital world will soon be mind to command. TO RULE!! HA, HA, HA, AH, AH, AH!!”
 
Ken's forehead was all sweaty, and his whole body trembled like a dishwasher. “No.” he cried. “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
Part 2 of the mini-series
 
The rangers learn that the Digimon Emperor is Apparently, a darker version of Ken.
 
“So can we stop him?”
 
“I don't think we can”
 
Meanwhile, as the Emperor sends Kimeramon to attack the city again, and the Rangers must you all the power their Zords can supply.
 
(the Megazord is beaten silly and almost destroyed)
 
“WHOA!! EVERBODY OUT!!”
 
(Rangers fall… and the Zords change back into Digimon.)
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… the more energy I collect, the quicker the power will be mine.”
 
What is the Emperor up to? Will Kimeramon succeed in taking his revenge and finally destroy the rangers?
 
Part 2 of the exciting mini-series continues…
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
Author's notes:
 
It seems A so called “Concerned Reader seems to be wanting to cause trouble around here, and I say W'ever.
 
Just ignore the Naysayer. The only thing He/she is going to do with that attitude is destroy fan-fiction, not help it.