Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Power Rangers: Digital ❯ The Emperor's Mini series: Part Two ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“PREVIOUSLY ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
After suffering many simultaneous horror-visions from his evil past, Ken is sentenced home from school for the week.
 
“AAAAAAAH!!”
 
(Ken quivering from stress)
 
Meanwhile, the rangers had rushed into town to discover it was under attack from a Kimeramon they once knew from before.
 
(Rangers losing badly)
 
“But it can't be him. Davis and Maganmon destroyed him years ago”
 
As if that wasn't bad enough, the rangers and Ken soon learned that Kimeramon was no the only thing from the past to have returned.
 
“The Digimon Emperor!”
 
“NOOOOO!!”
 
“POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
EPISODE EIGHT
 
Part Two
 
The rangers and their Digimon were unable to take their eyes off the computer screen; Away from the images of the evil foes they had once defeated, that were now back.
 
“I can't believe he's actually back.” said Kari.
 
Yolei was even more confused than ever. “I just don't get it. How can Ken be at home, and there at the same time.”
 
Gennai once again remained them all, that the creature they saw on the screen was not the Ken they knew and loved, but in fact the very evil essence of what Ken used to be.
 
“That would probably explain why Ken was having such a hard time.” Davis said. “But how could his evil-side actually come into the picture?”
 
Izzy had been doing some bio scans of Ken's DNA, and Digital-Codes; It apparently had to do with that dark-spore that was lodged inside of him.
 
“Some how the spore acted as a storing-unit where all the evil that Ken fought off was stored.” Izzy said.
 
He went on saying that after Ken was defeated, And his days as the Digimon Emperor were over, he began to fear of all evil and fight it off as much as he could. It was as if he was trying to store all the darkness left in his body in a safe place where it could do him no harm…
 
Much like storing something in a box to keep it out of sight when not in use.
 
The longer Ken shunned the evil that plagued him, the more it stored up inside the spore in his neck. Finally, it reached the inevitable point when the spore had gathered all that it needed.
 
“You see, as long as Ken never wanted to go back to his evil ways, the spore would begin to grow restless and have no further use to remain inside him, but with all the evil and negative energies it had gathered, it obviously had no need to.”
 
The others began to get the drift. It meant that somehow the spore must've escaped from Ken's body and produced an exact duplicate of Ken as his used to be.
 
“Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”
 
...
 
“This is just great.” TK snapped. “And now he's even revived Kimeramon. If Ken actually saw this, why he'd--”
 
Suddenly, they all realized that Ken must've seen the images they saw. “Oh, no… Ken!” Yolei cried. “I better go and check up on him.” she said.
 
“I'll go with you, Yolei.” said Hawkmon, and they were gone.
 
“Be careful out there you-two!” Kari called.
 
Meanwhile
 
More and more of Lockhart's prisons posts around the digital world had been attacked by the Digimon Emperor, the same story each time. HE would go in and sap the energy out of the captivated Digimon.
 
Worse than that.... “HEAT-VIPER!!” Kimeramon would destroy the outposts as ordered by his master. “No one shall rule the digital world accept me, and Kimeramon.” The Emperor sniggered.
 
Meanwhile
 
 
Lockhart's soldiers had reported that many of their stations, and relay-posts had been destroyed. “Total-destruction, sir.” the soldier said. “That's the twelve station.”
 
Lockhart's temper was starting to grow hotter than the cigar he was smoking. “Who did this?” he asked with clenched teeth.
 
A young-lady soldier came in with picture of the culprits. “Surveillance snapped these, General.” she said. “Our computers have told us that this is a Kimeramon, but we have been unable to identify who this other figure is.”
 
Lockhart couldn't tell who the Emperor was either, nevertheless he did pose as another threat to his army operations, and therefore would also need to be eliminated. However, despite all that, Lockhart did see their actions when attacking the rangers. “Perhaps this could also prove valuable in my operations after all.”
 
He would let the Emperor deal with the rangers; hopefully he would succeed in destroying them.
 
He had gathered up a lot of energy, and put loads of the army stations out of action, and was getting closer to putting his secret-plan into action. “Hmm, mm, mm… the more energy I collect; the sooner the power will be mine!” he chuckled as he looked down at his D3.
 
“I just need one more big boost of energy.” he sniggered wickedly. “And I know just where to get it from… or should I say… whom.”
 
He explained to Kimeramon that while he would go and get that energy he required, “And should the Power Rangers show up… you know what to do.”
 
Kimeramon nodded. “They will not interfere with your plans.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Yolei checked up on Ken, and as was expected he didn't look so well. “He's back.” he cried shakily. “He's actually back.”
 
“Ken… Ken, calm down now.” Yolei said as she lay him down on his bed.
 
“She has a point, Ken.” added Hawkmon “All this stress isn't good for you.”
 
“But, guys, guys…” cried Ken. “I can't stand anymore of this. I'm really getting scared.” he lay down on his bed still trembling in fear.
 
“There, there now, Ken. Just relax.” Wormon said, but to be honest. “I'm just as scared as you are.”
 
Yolei nodded. “We all are.” she said. “But we can't let him scare us like this. It's not going to make him disappear.”
 
Ken knew she was right, but it didn't make him feel any better. After all, these were monsters that he himself created; not to mention he actually was one of them-- once.
 
“Look, Ken… we'll do what we can, but you'll have to help us out by helping yourself first.” Yolei said. “You know more about that guy than the rest of us put together, and we'll need every bit of info you can get on him.”
 
Wormon agreed with her. “We can do this Ken?” he said. “You put him away once before and you can do it again, but this time you won't be alone.”
 
“I agree…” said Hawkmon. “It's going to take more than just our strength alone to beat him, Ken, but you won't be able to find your strength if you continue to run away from what scares you like this. Don't you see-- only your knowledge, and strengths from within will help us conquer your dark-side for good… but we need you to help us. ”
 
Ken was actually beginning to calm down a little. “You're right.” he said. “Thanks, you guys. I really needed that.”
 
Yolei pecked her boyfriend's cheek. “I should get going, the others will want to know about you.” she said.
 
“Rest well, Ken, and keep in touch.” added Hawkmon. Then they left, leaving Ken to catch up on some well needed rest.
 
“Ken looks so peaceful.” Wormon thought as he watched him. “Nothing at all like his darker-half. It makes me happy to see him like this.
 
He stretched out at the end of the bed, and fell asleep himself.
 
As they slept, neither realized that they were being watched…
 
 
Outside, the Digimon Emperor was spying on them from another rooftop. He knew that Ken's parents were out that day, and he just saw Yolei left. “At last, she's gone.” he muttered to himself. “Now comes the fun bit.”
 
He signaled for Kimeramon to begin the distraction phase. “You know what to do?”
 
“Yes, Master.” Kimeramon answered. “The Rangers won't know what hit them.”
 
As he flew in the air towards the city, he began to use a new special power the Emperor had given him when he was revived… The power to grow!
 
“Ahh… I FELL BIG AGAIN!!” Kimeramon had grown to many times his normal size, and this scared the people below right out of their pants.
 
All of them began running away in panic as Kimeramon began to smash up whatever he could find…
 
 
…and it wasn't long before the rangers got the alert. “Kimeramon's back!” cried TK. “Look how huge he is.”
 
They then saw him take a huge blow to the town with his Heat-Viper. “We've got to do something.” Davis said.
 
“Davis, haven't you forgotten the last time we went up against him?” Cody snapped. “He really hit us badly. Who knows what he'll do to us this time?”
 
Kari however agreed with Davis. “We can't just let him destroy the town like this.” she said.
 
“Kari's right.” added Gatomon. “I don't care how big he is. I want to go get him.”
 
“Me too.” added Veemon, and the other Digimon nodded in agreement with him. Even TK went along with them. So Cody had no choice but to go along with them.
 
“Izzy… can you contact Yolei for us?”
 
Izzy nodded. “Just remember guys, if it looks like your going to lose, get out of there and fast. We don't want him to destroy you.”
 
The rangers nodded. “Ready guys?”
 
“READY!!”
 
“LET'S GO… DIGITAL!!” They morphed, and headed to the real world with their Digimon, and the moment the arrived, they called for their zords “DIGI-ZORDS… DIGIVOLVE!!”
 
“VEEMON… Metal-Digivole to; METAL-EX-VEEMON!!”
 
“ARMADILLAMON… Metal-Digivole to; STEEL-ANKYLOMON!!”
 
“PATAMON… Metal-Digivole to; ANDRO-ANGEMON!!”
 
“GATOMON… Metal-Digivole to; CYBER-ANGEWOMON!!”
 
“Lets go!” Davis shouted and the all leapt into their respective Zords. “All right rangers, lets get him!”
 
“RIGHT!!” the other rangers, and the zords called, and they charged off into battle, and Kimeramon growled with all four of his hands curling into fists. “GRR… RRAAH!!”
 
Metal-Ex-Veemon went in first. METAL PUNCH!!” but Kimeramon caught both his fists with his Devimon-arms. “Hah! Ha, ha, ah, ah! Happy landings?” and he flung the Zord over his head.
 
CRASH!! Davis was rocked about inside. “WHOA-HOA!!”
 
“Ow! You alright, Davis?” his zord asked.
 
“Yeah… for now.” Davis said. “But he sure packs a big punch.”
 
Steel-Ankylomon came flying in with his hover jets. “How `bout we try us a little artillery?” he asked around.
 
“Yeah… lets give it to him.” Cody said, “Charging up energy.” And the tank's huge canon began to roar to life. “FIRE!!”
 
“STEEL-CANNON!!”
 
BOOM!! Kimeramon got hit in the chest, full force, but when the dust had settled he hardly even had that many scratches on him. “What?!”
 
“I don't believe it.”
 
“GRR!! Well then, believe this!” Kimeramon growled. “HEAT-VIPER!!”
 
His energy attack collided into Steel-Ankylomon, causing sparks, and small explosions to blow all over him. “YEOW!! It's getting hot in here!” cried Cody.
 
Kimeramon kept on blasting…
 
“Uh, Cody… I don't think my hull can stand much more of this!” Steel-Ankylomon warned. Cody could feel the temperature in the cockpit rising to danger levels. “I need help!” he cried out.
 
“Hang on, Cody!” TK called.
 
“We're coming.” added Kari.
 
“CHARGE!!” the two Angel-Zords roared.
 
Andro-Angemon began to head straight for the blast. “WHIRL-WIND-DEFENSE!!” and used his spinning staff to block it right in the middle, and stop it from going any further.
 
Kimeramon growled and tried to put more back into it, but as he tried. “EXPLOSIVE-ARROWS!!” Cyber-Angewomon's arrows began to bombard him from above and cause him to lose focus.
 
Cody was safe for now, but as the battle progressed, the four Digi-Zords didn't fare so well. Every time they got an opening, Kimeramon either blocked them from getting through, or if they got lucky and their attacks even went through they hardly did any damage at all.
 
“Come on… let's form the Megazord.” Davis suggested.
 
“We can't, Davis. Yolei, and Hawkmon aren't here.” Metal-Ex-Veemon told him.
 
Kimeramon then gave Metal-Ex-Veemon a hug punch and sent him flying back hard. “ARGH!!”
 
Davis was even turned upside down in his cockpit. “AA-AA-AAH!!”
 
“Davis!” cried Kari.
 
“Metal-Ex-Veemon!!” cried her zord.
 
Davis and his zord were still okay, but Davis was really getting aggravated. “Man… where are you, Yolei?!”
 
Meanwhile
 
The Emperor could see the whole thing. “Heh, heh, heh… the perfect plan.” he muttered to himself. “As much as I'd like to stay and watch this, I have a plan to put into action.”
 
He whirled his whip along the overhead wires and swung on them like a vine over to the next building, and onto Ken's balcony. “Hmm, mm, mm… it's been so long since I've been here.”
 
The doors we're unlock, and he waltzed right in unannounced, and remembered where Ken's room was. He silently crept in,, and then Ken woke up, and SCREAMED!
 
 
His scream could be heard from up the street, where Yolei ha received the message from Izzy about the battle. She suddenly turned her head. “Ken?” and when she turned back to face the building where Ken lived she could see him and Wormon being carried off by the Digimon Emperor. “KEN!!”
 
“YOLEI!... HAWKMON!! HELP!!” the boys called. The Emperor simply punched the two of them out cold, and continued to make his get away.
 
Yolei began to rush up the street after him. “Yolei, wait!” called Hawkmon. “The others need our help, remember?”
 
Yolei was in a big dilemma now; What could she do?
 
Go after Ken-- or go help the others?
 
Well, of course her choice was obvious, but she didn't like having to do this to her boyfriend. Right now, the city was more important. “Let's go, Hawkmon!”
 
“I'm right with you.”
 
Yolei nodded and then, “Let's Go… Digital!” she morphed into Blue ranger, and changed Hawkmon into Robo-Aquilamon, and they were off.
 
Meanwhile
 
The others were looking pretty shaken up, while Kimeramon was starting to treat this more like play-time than a battle; it was that much fun to him, beating up the zords like that.
 
ZAP!!
 
POW!!
 
KBLAM!!
 
The zords were really starting to run low on power, and the metal on their body's had huge dents and scratches on them. Davis' zord even had a few sparks flying out from it.
 
“We hold up much more like this.” cried Davis.
 
“If we can just form the Megazord, we can recharge the power supplies.” TK said. “What's happened to Yolei.”
 
Kimeramon took another shot at everyone with his, “HEAT-VIPER!!” Small explosions, and loads of sparks flashed all over, and all the zords crashed down into one place; and the poor rangers we're really shaken up.
 
“WHOA!!”
 
“AA-AAH!!”
 
“HEY!!”
 
“YIPE!!!”
 
The rangers were all okay, but their zords had suffered a lot of damage. “Davis…” Metal-Ex-Veemon cried weakly “We… can't hold up… our zord-forms up for much longer like this.”
 
“We… need… more power, and fast!” added Cyber-Angewomon.
 
“You want power?” Kimeramon asked rhetorically. “Well why didn't you say. I'll give you all the power you want.” and he began to stomp his way towards the zords.
 
“Guys… he's coming this way.” cried Cody. “We've got to pull out of here.”
 
The rangers tired their controls, but their zords were barley able to move. “It's not working..” said TK. “We can't pull out. our power supply is too low.”
 
Kari looked on ahead. “He's getting closer.” she cried. “We have to keep trying.” and so they kept trying to get their zords up and running, but it was no use.
 
Finally, Kimeramon was in range, and was ready to blast them all to bits, when suddenly… “SKY-ROCKET-STRIKE!!”
 
BAM!! Right in the side. Kimaeramon growled in shock as he fell over on his side. The rangers looked up, “All right… it's Yolei.” cried Davis.
 
“And Robo-Aquilamon too.” added Cody.
 
Yolei gave the gang thumbs up “Hope we're not dropping in like this.” she said to the others. “Oh, Yolei!” Robo-Aquilamon sighed.
 
The point was, now she was there. “All right rangers… switch to emergency-power.” Davis said. “RIGHT!!” the others all shouted.
 
Kimeramon got to his feet and roared angrily. “Rotten little pest!” he growled. “I'll get you for that.” but when he turned round he was face to face with the Digital-Megazord. “Huh? What the--”
 
The Megazord wielded it's sword, and Davis called out, “Give it up, Kimeramon! We'll get you yet.”
 
Kimeramon laughed hysterically, and evilly. “I haven't even begun to fight yet.” he roared. Then, his angry scowl turned into an evil grin “Not that it matters anyways… even as we speak, my master has your friend in custody.”
 
The other rangers didn't know what he was talking about, until Yolei told them that on her way to the battle zone, she saw Ken and Wormon being kidnapped by the Digimon Emperor.
 
“Oh, no! Ken!” cried TK.
 
“Aww… that's just swell.” Davis grunted sarcastically. “But first things' first. We'll deal with this ugly brute and then try and find Ken.”
 
The others all agreed, and they all hoped that wherever he was, he was okay.
 
Meanwhile
 
In a secret location… Ken was woke up to find that he was in shackles, and chain to a cold brick-wall, and Wormon was bound up tight and hanging in ropes. Both of them felt pretty dreary after waking up from being knocked out.
 
“Wormon… are you alright?”
 
“Don't worry, Ken. I'm okay.”
 
“Really… well you won't be soon.” said a deep dark voice from in the shadows. Ken and Wormon looked ahead, and saw the Digimon Emperor step out from the blackness.
 
A chill ran up Ken's spine as he ga “Who… who are you exactly? You can't really be me.”
 
The Emperor chuckled. “Only half correct.” he said. “I am in fact… a better, stronger version of what you used to be.”
 
Ken could back away no further. “What ever it is you're up to. You'll never get away with it. My friends will find some way to beat you.”
 
“Who, those power-dorks?” the Emperor mocked. “I wouldn't think so.” He showed Ken images of the battle taking place, and to Ken's horror his friends were losing badly.
 
 
The Meagzord was pretty slow, even if it was at full power, and it barley managed to even make a scratch on Kimeramon. While he just used his four arms and his hard tail to attacks from all sides.
 
“RRR… RRRAAAAH!!”
 
BAM!!
 
CRASH!!
 
KAPOW!!
 
“AAH!!
 
“OO-OOH!!
 
“Man, this guy's tearing us apart.” cried Davis. “How can we stop him?”
 
“I don't think we can?” cried Yolei.
 
Next they knew, Kimeramon lifted the Megazord up over his head, spun it round, and around. “Everybody, hang on!” cried Kari.
 
“Bye-Bye, Rangers!” Kimeramon growled as he threw the Megazord up high into the air. “WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOA!!”
 
“We're too high!” cried TK. “We're going blow if we hit!”
 
As if that wasn't bad enough, all the Megazord was losing power, and sparking badly. “Guys… we can't hold up much longer.” it cried. “We're breaking up already.”
 
The control panels began to short and explode right before everyone's eyes. “WHOA!! EVERYBODY OUT!!” cried Davis, and they all leapt out from the megazord as it began to break up, and change back into the five small Digimon.
 
 
Ken watched as they all fell with a huge thud, triggering a massive explosion. “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
Part 3 of the Mini-series.
 
The Rangers are left without the use of their zords which allows Kimeramon to run wild and recklessly doing as he pleases.
 
“HEAT-VIPER!!”
 
(The cites and towns blow up in super holocausts)
 
“It's all gone. Completely totaled”
 
“Aww, man. This can't be happening to us.”
 
Meanwhile, Ken learns of the Digimon Emperors plan: To crate his very own type of POWER RANGER suit and use it to destroy both worlds.
 
“I can feel it… the very essences of the power pulsating through my veins!”
 
(Gets stronger, but doesn't really gain a new suit)
 
Ken realizes that only he can put a stop to this, but only if he is finally ready to confront and overcome his greatest fears.
 
(Ghosts, and darkness makes Ken afraid)
 
Will Ken be able to escape custody and stop the Digimon Emperor, or will the rangers and the two worlds finally meet their ultimate fate?
 
Part 3 of the exciting Mini-Series continues…
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”