Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Power Rangers: Digital ❯ The Emperor's Mini series: Part Three ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“PREVIEOUSLY ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
While the rangers studied battle plans in regarding their enemies, the Digimon Emperor kidnapped Ken from home, and carried him and Wormon off to prison.
 
“Who are you?”
 
“A better, stronger version of what you used to be.”
 
Meanwhile, the rangers were stuck with having to battle with Kimeramon who had nearly laid complete destruction to their beloved home town.
 
(Small explosions, the Zords are badly damaged.)
 
“WHOA!! EVERYBODY OUT!!”
 
“Bye-Bye, Rangers. Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!”
 
(BIG EXPLOSION)
 
“NOOOOOOO!!”
 
“POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
 
EPISDOE NINE
 
Part Three
 
Fires and smoke lay everywhere as the rangers, who were back in their street clothes, struggled to their feet. They were all looking pretty messed up all covered in ashes, and dust.
 
Davis helped Kari up. “You okay?” he asked her softly. Kari nodded her head.
 
“Hey… What happened to our Megazord?” asked TK. Then suddenly everyone remembered the Megazord warning them that it couldn't stay together… and the big explosions.
 
They all looked round and saw all five of the their Digimon, in their smaller forms lying almost completely still on the ground, and looking more beat up than the rangers were.
 
They dashed over to their fallen friends. “Veemon? Veemon, say something!”
 
“Hawkmon? Oh, Hawkmon, please be okay!”
 
All the Digimon slowly opened their eyes, and they let out soft moans, but they were far too weak and sore to say anything. The Rangers even checked their D3's, and reviewed the data for the Zords… and they were very badly damaged indeed. Any more damage and they world have been destroyed for certain.
 
“Uh, guys.” cried Cody. “We got another problem.” Everyone turned round and could see Kimeramon stomping his way towards them.
 
“Let's run for it.” TK snapped, and they all took off with their Digimon, but Kimeramon was trailing them from behind. “You can run, but you can't hide.” he roared.
 
Since he was still enormous in size, Kimeramon could really travel fast, and without even flying. The rangers however had it hard. All the wreckage and rubble from the town made it hard for them run. Not to mention having to carry their fallen Digimon the whole way made it all the more difficult.
 
“LOOK OUT!!” Davis shouted, and they all leapt over a pile of rubble, dodging the blast, but barley. It wasn't easy for them to run while holding their fallen Digimon tightly.
 
Meanwhile
 
In his secret dungeon, The Digimon Emperor was rather enjoying himself as he watched Kimeramon chase the rangers down. “Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah! Yes… that's it… give it to them Kimeramon!” he cheered wickedly.
 
“Come on, guys.” cried Ken. “Run… you can make it.”
 
The Emperor turned and lashed Ken's cheek with his whip. “SILENCE!!”
 
“Ken!” cried Wormon, “Are you okay?”
 
Ken shunned off any pain from the lashing. “I'm fine, Wormon. it's just a small cut.”
 
The Emperor waved his whip in front of them both. “Well next time it'll be far worse; Unless the both of you KEEP QUIET!!”
 
Wormon scowled at the Emperor, and Ken resisted the urge to mouth off. “Just tell me at least this.” he said sternly, “What is it that you hope to gain from all this?”
 
The Emperor's shades shimmered. “Hmm, mm, mm… I suppose I could tell you, after all you won't make it out to warn the others in time.”
 
He showed Ken his updated Black-D3 and told him that he had been collecting energy to unleash a new form of power, much similar to what the rangers possessed. “Everyone has their needs… but I have desires.” he said deeply.
 
“I may already have the fire power I need to conquer you and your friends, but it's not enough. I want it all!” he began to speak with pride. “This power… this might… I shall become the most powerful fighting force in all the Digital world, and nothing, absolutely NOTHING will stop me.”
 
He checked his D3, and it was finally maxed out. Kimeramon's battle with the rangers had successfully given him the last bits of power he needed. “Finally, after all this time… I will rise to battle again.”
 
He turned and began to walk towards the entrance to the dungeon. “If either of you are thinking about escaping from this chamber…” he swung the door open to reveal. “Ah?! The Dark Ocean!” cried Ken. “No, anything but that?!”
 
Dark, angry, ghostly spirits began to rush through the door. Howling, and roaring. “I'm not so sure you'd really want to try going out there where they can get to you.”
 
Ken's forehead went all sweaty as his blood churned. “You're… despicable!” Wormon grunted. The Emperor simple took that as a comment. “I really must be going. I have a Digital world to conquer and a human world to destroy and rebuild in my image.” And with that he left them.
 
At least he left the screen on, and Ken and Wormon could still see what was going on, and by this point, The others and their Digimon were now back into a dead end with no way out.
 
 
Kimeramon's shadow fell over them all. “Ah, ha, ha, ah, ah! There's no where to run rangers.” he hissed to them. “Now, I shall roast you alive. Hmm, hmm, mm, heh, heh, ah, ah, ah!”
 
“No, I can't die!” cried Yolei.
 
“This can't be happening!” added TK.
 
Davis and Kari suddenly were holding hands. “Kari… I, I wanted to tell you…”
 
“I… I know.” Kari said all scared.
 
Kimeramon began to power up his attack, when suddenly… he was being bombarded from behind. “What?!” he whirled around angrily and saw Tai ridding on Wargreymon.
 
“Hey, ugly. Why don't you pick on someone your own size.” Tai called. Then suddenly, the rest of the gang appeared all riding their Digimon in their strongest forms.
 
“Tai!” cried Kari.
 
Tai looked down at the team. “Don't worry guys, we'll get you out of here.” he called.
 
Kimeramon growled angrily. “Insignificant insects! I'll teach you the meaning of POWER!!” and he began to charge after the others.
 
“Everyone scatter!” cried Matt. “We'll deal with this guy, you all get the others.” added Metal-Garurumon.
 
Everyone nodded and dashed off to help the rangers. “Oh, no you don't” growled Kimeramon, but as he tried to rush for them. BAM!! Wargreymon head butted him hard in the stomach, and actually did him some damage. “Oh, yes they do.” he snapped.
 
“Get him, Wargreymon!” shouted Tai.
 
“You too, Metal-Garurumon.” added Matt.
 
See… since Kimeramon wasn't a Red-Ribbon Digimon, that meant that he could be attacked by other Digimon, however; Normally an Ultimate Digimon wouldn't stand a chance against two Megas, but Kimeramon was still gigantic, and he was revived with greater powers than before.
 
They would be able to destroy him, but they could at least weaken him, and while they did that the others swooped down from the skies and helped the rangers. “Don't worry, guys, everything's okay now.” Sora said.
 
“Hurry climb up, there's not much time.” cried Mega-Kabuterimon. Once all the rangers, and their Digimon were safely with the others, Izzy motioned for everyone to head back to the Digital world. “We'll be safer there.”
 
Tai and Matt nodded at each other, the ordered their Digimon to take one final hit at Kimeramon to slow him down from following.
 
“ICE WOLF SPIKE!!”
 
“TERRA FORCE!!”
 
“GRR!!” Kimeramon was soaring straight towards them all, not willing to let them get away when he was so close to finishing them all off, but sadly…
 
BOOM!! “RRRAAAHHH!!” those blasts were too much for him to take and he creased down hard into the city.
 
“Yeah! Take that!” Tai called down to him.
 
“Right… let's go.” Said Wargreymon, and they all retreated fast, and no sooner had they left when Kiemramon was so incredibly angry that he went completely berserk on the whole city.
 
Smashing, breaking, and destroying anything in sight that stood. Before long, nothing was left of the city. It was all gone, but Kimeramon look pretty steamed and ready for more. “RRRAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!”
 
Too bad the others could see it all happening, even if they were far, far away. “The city!” Cody yelped.
 
“It's completely totaled” cried Yolei.
 
“Aww, man… this can't be happening to us!” added Davis.
 
Meanwhile
 
The others had finally made it safely to Gennai's palace. After they had time to heal from the battle, there was good news… bad news… really bad news… EXTREMLY bad news… and WORSE BEYOND THAT!!!
 
The good news was: The Digimon were alright and would be just fine.
 
The bad news was: Izzy had done the scanning, and the code for the Digi-Zords was badly fractured, meaning that until it was repaired, the Digital-Megazord would be inoperative.
 
Then the really bad news: When Yolei warned Izzy about Ken's kidnapping, Izzy located him being held prisoner in the dark ocean. Sadly, the Digimon Emperor had sealed off any ways to gain access, and that meant that Ken would be on his own.
 
Finally, the EXTREMELY bad news, though the others regretted to hear it, but…
 
The Digimon Emperor, Gennai was finally able to determine what he was up to. “Ranger powers?!” snapped Davis.
 
“Just like ours?” added TK.
 
Gennai told them everything about how the Emperor intended to use the energy he had collected to gain powers like their rangers abilities, only much fiercer. “We got to stop him.” cried Yolei.
 
Gennai shook his head, because what was WORSE BEYOND THAT; it was too late. The Emperor was at that very moment infusing himself with the power. “WHAT?!” everybody screamed.
 
 
At that moment, the Digimon Emperor was standing up to his waist in the Dark Ocean's water. Lightning was flashing across the skies as the waves of the ocean began to roughen up.
 
The Emperor grinned the wickedest grin he had even grinned before. “Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah! Let the power be unleashed!” he thundered as he held his Black-D3 up high and began to call on the spirits to unleash the power.
 
“Forces of darkness in this evil hour”
“Accept this energy and grant me power”
“Nevermore shall purity reign”
“Let evil and hatred rule with pain”
 
The winds, waters, and lighting began to go berserk as the energy escaped from the D3, and the Emperor's body began to glow as his muscles grew larger. “ARGH! I can feel it!” he cried. “I can feel the very essences of power pulsating through my veins.”
 
He tried his knew strength on a boulder near the shore line, and he was able to break it into dust with one lash of his whip. He had the power. “It's mine… MINE!! Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!! AAAAH, HA, HA, HAAAAA!!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Ken and Wormon we're finally able to break out from their shackles; Wormon had spit his Silk-thread into the locks, and they broke when the webs hardened, but that was the least of their problems.
 
Ken could hear the his dark-half laughing manically, which could only mean one thing. “Oh, no… Wormon! He must've unleashed the power.”
 
Wormon used his “SILK-THREAD!! and swung himself up onto the window up high. “Wait a minutes.” he said. “Something's not right.”
 
“What is it? What can you see?” asked Ken.
 
Wormon could see that the Emperor's muscles and strength had indeed gained more power, but he didn't seem to have acquired any ranger costume at all. Nevertheless, he was still much stronger and more dangerous than ever.
 
Meanwhile
 
The others could see the same thing on Izzy's computer. “It just doesn't make any sense.” Izzy said. “How could he not have acquired a ranger suit?”
 
“One's thing's for sure.” TK said. “If he does have more power now, we may not a chance against him.”
 
Davis turned and gave TK a sour look. “How can you think that?” he said sharply. “We can't throw in the towel now, there's got to be a way to beat him.”
 
“But Davis, look at what's happened.” said Yolei. “We've tried our best and it's cost us our hometown. There's nothing left of it.”
 
Almost everyone was starting to agree with her. Kimeramon knocked out the Megazord, and destroyed their hometown, while the Digimon Emperor now had all the more power than ever. Not to mention Ken was still being held prisoner.
 
“I can't believe you guysh!” Veemon snapped angrily. “Both the Digital world, and your world is being torn to pieshesh, and you're going to stand around and let it go?!”
 
“He's right.” added Tai. “You guys beat the Digimon Emperor before, and this time you won't be alone.”
 
Matt, Agumon, and Gabbumon nodded in agreement. It wasn't all over, they still had a chance. They still knew Kimeramon could be held off by other Digimon, and the Digimon Emperor must have had at least one disadvantage to his new power.
 
“See guys… we're still the Digi-Destined, and the Power Rangers.” Davis said. “We have a job to do, and worlds to save from evil. Now are you with us or not?”
 
Suddenly, everyone had a change of heart, and mind. They couldn't quit now, not with so many lives at stake. Besides, once the two villains were beaten they could ask Azulongmon to restore everything like he always did.
 
Gennai was most pleased to see the team was back in action. That's what truly made a good strong warrior.
 
Meanwhile
 
Ken suddenly wondered something about the Digimon Emperor. True he was the evil essences of what he used to be, but that was exactly the point; He was still Part of him… more like he was him.
 
So did that mean that; Since Ken basically created him, would he be able to get rid of him as well? He didn't know, but he knew the only way to know for sure would be to face him, and the first step… was getting over his fear.
 
He slowly walked up towards the door of the dungeon. “Ken… what are you doing?!” cried Wormon. “No, don't open the door!” but it was too late. Ken already yanked the door wide open, and just one look outside made his knees go all weak.
 
“AAAAAAAAH!!”
 
Angry ghosts and sprits of the Dark Ocean began to charge right for the door. Ken slammed it shut not a moment too soon. He practically slumped to the floor, clutching his chest, and breathing stressfully.
 
Wormon hopped down. “Ken, are you okay?” he asked, but then he suddenly realized; of course Ken couldn't have been okay!
 
Despite the fact he was trying to face his fear, Ken slowly turned his head, and opened the door a tiny little crack, and peeked through it. This time the ghosts didn't go after him, but he was still pretty scared.
 
“Wormon…” he panted. “I… I don't think I can do this. I'm too frightened.”
 
“You can do this, Ken.” Wormon said. “Just remember what's at stake.”
 
He referred to all the others being in danger, and how the Digimon Emperor had to be stopped, or he would destroy everything.
 
Ken saw on the view-screen that the Emperor was at this very moment in the Digital-world and abusing his new powers; tearing through villages, hurting and even destroying innocent Digimon…
 
Ken even remembered what the others had been telling him all the time.
 
FLASHBACK
 
“You can't change your past, Ken. You can only change your future.”
 
“Wormon's right, Ken.” Davis said. “Hey, I know what it's like to be afraid too, and I'm supposed to be the Courage guy here.”
 
Cody approached Ken and told him. “Grandpa always says… “Even the bravest of men can experience fear. You must know fear before you find courage.”
 
Ken smiled a little. “You really think I can do all this?” he asked.
 
“We know so Ken.” said Gatomon.
 
“Just wait… you'll be a fine Ranger in no time.” added Patamon.
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
Ken remembered it all. Everyone was counting on him, and he was probably the only one who could help them through this dark nightmare.
 
He stood tall and proudly. “Ken?” Wormon asked all confused. “What are you doing?”
 
Ken, grabbed the doorknob and swung the door wide open. “COME AND GET ME!!” he roared. “AAAAAAAHHHH!!! and he began to run and scream through the mists so fast that the ghosts didn't have time to catch up to him.
 
Wormon, safely holding onto Ken's back, couldn't believe this. Ken was actually running through the darkness just like how he used to during his evil days, and even when some of the ghosts made it ahead of him, Ken either just dodged or evaded them completely.
 
This was simply amazing. A few moments ago, Ken nearly looked as though he'd have another heart attack from the darkness. Now he was tearing through it like it was just an illusion, and soon there was the portal the Digimon Emperor used to escape.
 
Ken pulled out his D3, “Hope this works.” he muttered. “DARK-PORT… OPEN!!” The portal glowed, and Ken and Wormon vanished.
 
Meanwhile
 
While the others were at the palace still working on the zords, Izzy computer began to beep. “Guys!” he called. “I have a lock on Ken.”
 
Yolei was the first one over there, and she was followed by the others. They all saw Ken and Wormon pop out from a portal that had just sealed upon their arrival. They had no idea how they escaped from the Dark Ocean but were glad to know they were safe.
 
“Hey, look.” Kari pointed out. “He's still running.”
 
“But where's he going?” asked Gatomon.
 
Izzy activated his map of the Digital-World. The white flashing dot showed Ken's current position, but what about the black flashing dot that was just near the white one.
 
“What is that Black dot anyways?” asked Cody.
 
Suddenly, everyone had the idea that it wasn't a what… but whom! Izzy scanned the black dot's location and turned on the visual; there they saw they Digimon Emperor, using his new powers to rough up the primary village…
 
… and Ken was heading straight for him.
 
“What the heck is he thinking?!” cried Yolei. “Is he crazy or just dumb?”
 
“My money's on crazy, and dumb.” said Davis.
 
TK shot straight up. “We have to go out there.” he said “We have to stop him. He could get hurt.”
 
Gennai agreed with him. “Be cautious rangers.” he warned them. “There is no telling just how powerful the Digimon Emperor is with his new found strength. You are to grab Ken and Wormon, and bring them back safely. Do not become involved in any conflict.”
 
“Right… come on, guys. Let's go.” Said Davis and they all headed through the Digital-portal.
 
Meanwhile
 
All the poor defenseless little Digimon in the Primary-Village were either running scared, or getting hurt from the danger that was destroying their beloved home town.
 
The Digimon Emperor; smashing the houses… cutting down the trees… lashing his whip on the poor little new-born Digimon. He really was pure evil. “Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah!! The power!” he roared. “This is so easy, I could do it for days.” and he went right on with his rampage.
 
Soon, the whole village was in ruins, and he was still pumped up and ready for more. “All right… who's next!” he roared out into the open.
 
“You are!” snapped a voice from behind him.
 
The Emperor turned round and saw Ken and Wormon standing up on the hill. “Hmm… so this big baby actually found his way out of the dark.” he mocked at Ken. “What, did your mommy come and help you find the way? Ha, ha, ha…”
 
“Can it!” Ken spat.
 
The Emperor winced. “What… did you just say to me?” he asked with his teeth clenched.
 
“I said… Can it.” Ken replied. “I'm sick of being scared, and I'm sick of all this evil coming back to haunt me; But most of all… I'm plain sick and tired of You!”
 
“GRR! Silence!” the Emperor growled. “You dare to come here and bark your voice at me? The most powerful being in the Digital-World. You're just a puny little runt who can't even battle his way out of the dark.”
 
Ken growled, but then he started laughing hysterically. “What is it? What's so funny?” the Emperor asked angrily.
 
“Oh, nothing really.” Ken replied the old evil smirk he used to grin. “It's just that you should be careful what you say around me. After all, I am a likeness of you after all. You can't really insult me without insulting yourself.”
 
Wormon chuckled. “He's got you there.” he mentioned. “And if I recall… you used to never want to go out hunting at night. What's the matter, we're you scared.
 
Both he and Wormon shared a good laugh, but the Emperor had had just about enough of their mocking him. “ENOUGH!!” he thundered. “You will bow before my feet, and my newfound power, BEGGING FOR MY MERCY!!” He raised his whip and lashed Ken across the check, and banked it onto Wormon's head.
 
The two just stood their not even wincing by the pain. “Gee, TK was right about me back then.” Ken said. “I always did have to result in fighting, instead of sitting down and talking.”
 
The Emperor grunted in anger.
 
“You know, oh, all might Emperor…” Wormon sarcastically said. “You really should watch your tantrums, and maybe you will find true power after all.”
 
The Emperor just stood there unable to understand any of what was just said, which gave Ken his big chance. “No?” he asked. “Okay… HAVE IT YOUR WAY!!” he roared as he charged forward. “AAAAHH…”
 
BAM!! “AA-AAAH!! OW!!” His fist came into hard contact with the Emperors check, and knocked him off his feet.
 
“Mmm!” Wormon never ever saw anyone hit another person like that since TK beat Ken up in the old days. “Ken… are you all right.”
 
Ken was panting furiously, but with a big smile on his face. That felt so good, he was actually ready for more. “Nobody's going to push me around anymore.” He snapped at the Emperor. “Not, you… not the darkness… NOT ANYONE!!”
 
The Emperor stood up with his eyes opened wide, and his jaw dropped. Then finally… “YAAAAARGH!!” he leapt up and charged towards Ken, while Ken was ready for him.
 
Two Kens… but only one would emerge the victor.
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
The Conclusion of the Mini-Series…
 
Ken and his evil-counter face it off in a fight like dogs.
 
(Punches, Kicks)
 
During the fight, Ken also gets a chance to steal some of the powers the Emperor had come to possess, transforming himself into a brand new fighter.
 
“Give that back to me.”
 
“Oh I'm going to give it to you, all right.”
 
(A new Ranger is born)
 
Meanwhile, Kimeramon is still on the lose and rapidly destroy the realworld, once city after another, but the rangers are still without their zords.
 
“We still need time to fix them.”
 
Will the Rangers repair their Zords in time? Will Kimeramon and the Digimon Emperor finally meet their fates?
 
Find out as the Emperor's Mini-Series concludes…
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”