Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Refining Silver ❯ The Game Begins ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Takato: I don't own Digimon, so leave me alone.

~~**~~

"Little Yugi, live each day like it is your last, for one day you are sure to be right."
-Pegasus, Yu-Gi-Oh!

"He wants to continue fighting, so he has no choice but to find another opponent."
-Ryo, Digimon Tamers

"Victory depends on whether or not a duelist has the courage to fight until the bitter end."
-Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh!

-------------------------------------------------------- ----------------





The streets of Shinjuku glittered as a 16 year old Takato Matsuda walked the streets slowly, taking his time as he took in the sights around him. It had been a long time since the D-Reaper, and now Hypnos and everything else was back to its true and original beauty.

The young teen sighed as he turned the usual corner back to his house and turned his gaze to the Bakery, noticing a color change in the scenery and the smell of the air... The Bakery...

....that was burning in flames.


"Oka-san!! Oto-san!!!!" Takato ran towards the burning mess and ran upstairs to see if he could find his parents, but couldn't find either of them. Hoping for the best Takato ran and saved his cards, notebook, and D-Ark and went to leave. Suddenly the building began to collapse and everything turned dark.


*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Rika stood outside the bakery with fear in her eyes as the fire was being extinguished. Even though she was the Digimon Queen, she still could worry for her friends if their house just happened to be in flames, right? A few firemen rushed out of the house, carrying the body of Takato Matsuda, of whom was clutching to his Cards, D-ark, and notebook. Amazingly, all the items had managed to not gain a scratch on them, while Takato had several minor burns and cuts.

Rika ran over to the ambulance, ready to fire some questions at the paramedics, "Hey you! Where's his parents?"

"It seems they were lost in the fire."

"Lost!? What do you mean lost!?"

"We can't find them, and they were last reported seen in the house. From what we've gathered so far, there was an explosion in the kitchen which might have killed and basically incinerated the both of them."

Rika stood in shock, "You've figured that much out already!?"

The paramedic nodded, "Now excuse us, we need to get him to the hospital."

"Well I'm going with!"

"Are you of any relation to him?"

"I'm his girlfriend you moron! Now lemme on and go!"

The paramedic nodded, realizing that this girl was not one to piss off, so he helped her on and shut the doors behind the Digimon Queen. 'Gogglehead, you *so* owe me for this... BIG time...'



*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*



Takato opened his eyes to find himself in a strange world that had a basic dark look to it. It also seemed that he was surrounded by clocks and a red clear liquid. 'Well, this plane of existence seems familiar.... Haven't I been here twice before..? Yeah...! It was when Growmon first digivolved to MetalGrowmon!' Takato sighed mentally, 'But what am I doing here now...? Again..?'

Takato.

Who are you..?

I am hidden deep within you heart and soul...

Your voice kinda reminds me of Calumon's... but older.... and with more confidence.

Yes, That's because I am a lost piece.

A lost piece..? Of what..?

The most important part of the Catalyst.

And your hidden within me? Why?

Your destiny.


*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*


Takato suddenly awoke to a blaring bleach white ceiling, and began to cover his eyes from the offensive color, "Ow.."

"You look at the ceiling and complain about how bright it is!? You wuss! You went into a fire you idiot!"

Takato blinked, recollecting his thoughts as he sat up and turned his gaze towards the voice he still knew so well, "Rika!?"

"Of course, who else would be able to come up with a plan so quickly? You owe me Gogglehead."

"How do I owe you?"

"To get onto the ambulance I had to pretend I was your girlfriend."

Takato blushed lightly, and then thought of the whole scenario playing out....

*~Takato's over reactive imagination~*

Chibi Rika: Hey you!
Chibi Paramedic: -turns- hm?
Chibi Rika: Let me on now or I'll beat the crap out of you!
Chibi P: Uh.. er... I.. I'm sorry but... I.. I can't let you on unless you're.. family... -gulp-
Chibi Rika: I'm his girlfriend you imbecile! Who else other then his parents would actually care!?
Chibi P: Uh.. er Okok!! I'm sorry! Just hurry up!

*~End~*

'Well... that probably wasn't too far off from what happened...' Thought Takato.

"Hey Gogglehead!"

Takato began to freak out, "I'm sorry! I was just thinking the whole scene out!"

Rika rolled her eyes, really not wanting to know what ran through the Goggle Boy's mind.... sometimes though... you really have to wonder. Suddenly the Digimon Queen noticed Takato's hand waving in front of her face.

"Hello!? Anybody home!? Rika-Ah!!!" Takato was suddenly grasped at the neck by that ever so strong Rika Makino.

"You do that ever again and I won't hesitate to kill you."

Takato choked, "I…I'm sorry…?"

Rika slowly released him, "That's better."

Takato sighed, 'Somehow I feel this is going to be a *long* day..'


*~~~*~~~*~~~*



Guilmon sighed as he trotted through the Digital World, alone, and…breadless, "I wish I was with Takatomon… At least that way I could get bread."

Terriermon rolled his eyes, "Cheer up buddy! We're all hungry! Besides, we're gonna go talk to the sovereign to see if they'll let us go back to the real world!"

"I suppose you're right… But I can't get rid of the feeling that something bad has happened to Takato!"

"I have the same feeling." started Renamon.

"You mean, about Takato?" inquired their annoying rabbit companion.

"Yes, like something's going to happen."

"I feel the same way!" giggled Calumon, "But let's not worry about it now! Let's go back to the real world!!!! Yaaaay!!!! Guilmon Bread and Creampuffs!!!!"

Renamon, Guilmon, Terriermon, MarineAngemon, Lopmon, Impmon, and Monodramon sweatdropped as they watched the little white creampuff eating Digimon fly away squealing happily.

"He's got way too much energy."

"For once Monodramon, I agree with you."

"Impmon? Agreeing..? Now this I really have to see."

"Hey shut up fox-face! I'm tired of you bein' so sarcastic!"

"Humor me."

"Why I outta..!!!"

"Hey guys!! Looky!!! It's Guardamon!!!" yelled Guilmon.

Impmon and Renamon sighed, "Another paper weight to deal with…"

"I heard that."

"Oh? Well you were supposed to you dumbbell!"

"Honestly Impmon, what have I done to you?"

"You were born! Dat's what!"

"I really wish I had a camera to record this." smirked Renamon.

"Shut up Foxy!!!"

"I don't think so."

"Hey guys, could we please stop fighting?" asked Lopmon quietly.

"Pi pi pi pipiiiiipipipi pi pi!!" (Just shut up already you PMSing troll!!)

Everyone turned to MarineAngemon surprised, "What's you say pipsqueak!?"

"Pi pi pi pi pi!!!" (You heard what I said!)

"Why I outta!!!" Impmon began to run towards the normally kind Digimon, but got held back by Lopmon and Terriermon.

"I gotta say, that was pretty funny!!"

"Wrong thing to say rabbit ears!" Impmon then tossed Terriermon and began a fireball attack.

"Terriermon!!!!! -AAAh!!!!" Soon Lopmon joined Terriermon on the ground.

Guilmon sighed, watching the chaos that had irrupted with his companions along with Monodramon, Renamon, and Calumon.

Calumon retracted his ears, staying on Guilmon's head, "Do you think they'll ever stop fighting?"

"I hope so, 'cause I wanna get back to Takatomon!"

------------------------------------------------------ -----------------



Takato: And that is chapter one.

Yami: I don't get it.

Takato: I'll explain more soon. Have any suggestions? Comments? I want 'em… just please don't flame me!

Davis: I have a question..

Takato: What..?

Davis: Well, what will be Takato's alternate form if there is one..?

Takato: oh! -^_^- Well, I'm gonna have him with white hair, although he has a few red and gold highlights, and I'll also have him with deep dark blue eyes!

Davis: Fangirl.

Takato: That's supposed to be an insult Goggle boy!?

Davis: Yup.

Takato: -growls-

Yami: -sighs- We hope to see you next chapter, and also, if there's no reviews (like.. More then 3...) no updates.