Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Renewal of the Forgotten ❯ And Then There Were Three ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Digimon. (Just the ones I’ve created myself.)

***

“Yeah, I’ll be there soon. Bye.” Frazer hung up the phone. It was an unusual phone call from an old friend. ‘Life or death?’ he thought. ‘I wonder what’s so important?’

“What’d she have to say?” His mother asked from the next room.

“She just wanted to know if I could come over.” He replied.

“Are you?”

“Yeah.”

* * *

“I’m back!” Emma cheerfully held up two white paper bags from the local bakery. “I brought doughnuts!” Kayla and the two digimon sat up, making room and helping the older girl back onto the large rock that had become a centerpiece of the waterfront park.

“What are dough-nuts?” Gazimon asked, sniffing the bags curiously.

“Haven’t you ever had a doughnut before?” His partner asked.

“They’re pastries. And my bakery makes the best maple donuts you will ever eat! I also got some un-happy face cookies.” Emma smiled broadly.

Un-happy face cookies?” Kayla asked.

“Yeah! They make me happy. In a twisted sort of way.” She handed a large ginger-bread man shaped donut to each of them. They were coated with a healthy layer of maple icing and accented with chocolate buttons and a smile. The smell was enough to make you drool all over yourself.

“You’re weird.”

“I know.”

“But then so am I.” The two friends laughed as they munched on their pastries.

“Mmm, these are really good!” said Piyomon, who seemed pleasantly surprised. Gazimon had already finished his doughnut and was currently licking the leftover maple off his paws.

“I want another!”

“I only got enough for us each to have one. But you can have a cookie.” She tossed the bag at the hungry digimon. “But leave some for the rest of us.” She added quickly.

“When will your friend be arriving?” Piyomon asked as she daintily preened the sugary substance off her feathers. Emma grabbed her digivice with the not-so-sticky part of her hand.

“I called him almost half an hour ago. He better be here soon.”

As if on cue a voice called from below them. “Emma, is that you?” She turned around abruptly. He was a short boy, just barely taller than Kayla, with short black hair and nicely tanned skin. He wore a red baseball cap, a red basketball jersey over a white long sleeved shirt, long baggy shorts and skate shoes. Basically the ‘fly gangsta’ look that was all the rage with boys in his age group. Emma never really understood the fashion, but then again most fashion styles were beyond her.

“Well speak of the devil!” Emma jumped down off the rock rather ungracefully as there really was no graceful way to do so. Kayla slid off next with even less finesse than her friend.

“What’s up?...” Frazer began to say when the sight of the two digimons caught his attention. “What are those?”

And it begins, Emma thought to herself. “These,” she paused for emphasis, “Are digimon. This is Piymon...” Piymon nodded. “And this is - give me those! - this is Gazimon. I said a couple, not all of them!” She had grabbed the bag of cookies away from Gazimon and began counting what was left. “Oh, and this is my friend Kayla.” Kayla gave a cheery ‘hello.’

A bewildered ‘hi’ was all Frazer could manage to say. “So, Digimon...like on the show right?”

“If it helps you to understand, then yes, like on the show.” Piyomon answsered.

“Except that we’re real.” Added Gazimon.

“I think he can see that.” His partner scolded. Gazimon sulked.

“I get no love.”

“So does this mean I’m getting a digimon too? Is that why you called me?” Frazer asked. Emma looked up after her third time re-counting the cookies.

“Actually...um, maybe. See, we’re not sure. We were told that I might possibly know the person and that the person had recently re-located. The first person I thought of was you. But we have to check before we’re sure.”

“How do we do that?” Kayla wondered. She looked at Emma who paused to think. But Piyomon tugged on her arm.

“The digivice. See if it reacts to him.”
“Good idea! Where is the digivice anyway?” Kayla looked at Emma.

“You have it, stupid.”

Kayla thought for a moment. “Ooh, haha, I forgot.” She dug around in her pocket for the device. Emma took it from her and turned toward Frazer, pausing a moment.

“Hold out your hand.” He did so and Emma said, “Here goes nothing,” before holding her breath and placing the device in his palm. For a moment nothing happened. The next instant a blazing light erupted from the device and then the red LED light in the corner began to glow and the device came to life.

“Shit,” was all Frazer could say. “So does that mean...”

“Yeah...it does.”

“I get a digimon now, right?”

“Yes,” Piyomon nodded. She stepped up to him, handing him the egg.

“This is it?” He said, disappointed.

“It’s just an egg,” Piyomon informed him. “Now that we’ve found it’s partner, you, it should hatch any time now.”

“So now that we’ve found him this means we get to go back to the Digital World, right?” Said the younger girl.

“Theoretically,” Emma answered, “But I’m not sure how. We can’t go back to my place. I don’t want to be there when my dad gets home from work and sees what happened to the living room. I rather attached to being alive. Besides my computer is a pile of shrapnel now.”

“What happened to your living room?”

“Well it kind of...exploded.”

“Fuck. It exploded? How?”

“Giromon.” The two girls and their digimon said in unison.

“Right now that is not important,” chirped Piyomon. “In order to return to the Digital World we need to find a computer with an internet connection.”

“Doesn’t the library have computers?” Frazer suggested.

“It does,” the older girl began skeptically, “but they’re not going to allow animals in.”
“Hey! We’re not animals!” Gazimon said angrily.

“I know that Gazimon, but they’re still not going to let you in.”

“Emma, what if we pretend to be toys? Stuffed animals?” The bird-like digimon proposed. “Then would they let us in?”

“Yeeeah...but we’d still look a bit conspicuous.”

“We’re going to look conspicuous when we get transported through the computer.”

Emma paused to think. The others waited in anticipation. “Okay, we’ll do it. We’ll just have to be quick.”

***

The mismatched group sat huddled at the far corner of the library parking lot. They took the long way there, trying to avoid as many people as possible on the way.

“So how does a computer help us get into the digital world?” Frazer asked.

“Once an internet connection is opened, the digivices should open up a portal. Since Grey Lord’s mansion has the closest connection to us, as well as the weakest barrier, we will most likely end up there.” Said Piyomon.

“What if we don’t? Kayla asked. Piyomon looked her in the eye for a moment.

“Just cross your fingers.”

“I don’t like those odds,” Gazimon said. “I know what’s out there...”

Okay, let’s stay focused. We need to get in as quickly as possible. We should go in the back doors, that way we won’t have to walk by the lady at the front desk,” said Emma. “You guys,” she looked specifically at Gazimon, “need to act like you’re not alive. That means absolutely no noises. Got it?” Piyomon and Gazimon nodded, though the latter was unconvincing. “Everybody make sure you have your digivices on hand. Okay, let’s get going.”

The girls picked up their digimon, the older girl having an easier time of it, and quietly entered through the back door.

“Gazimon, you’re heavy!”

“It’s not my fault!”

“Shhhhh, guys! I said don’t talk!”

“Sorry.”

Luckily for them, no one was in the back of the library. They followed Emma single file towards the other end where the computer tables were. The computer closest to them was empty and the older girl carefully slipped into the seat. A she-man that frequented the library sat diagonally across from them and gave them a curious look.

“Hurry up and log in,” Frazer whispered.

“I’m trying...crap, I can’t remember my log-in number!”

“What?!” said Kayla.

“Hold on, I’m trying to remember.”

“Remember faster!”

Hold oooon!” She clenched her eyes, frantically trying to remember the number on her old library card. She hadn’t used it in ages. “5 - 2.....wait, wait, 5 - 2 - 0 - 3 - 4...I think I remember it.” She typed in a series of numbers she hoped was correct and hit enter. “It worked.”

“What are you kids doing? You’re not messing around in here are you? If you’re going to use the computer you’ll have to keep your voices down,” said a strict voice. The five of them looked up to see one of the librarians making her way towards them and she wasn’t very happy.

“Shit,” Frazer whispered.

“Get your digivices out!” Emma pointed hers at the screen. The other two did the same.

“Hey! What are you kids...” But a blinding white light cut the librarian off and when it was gone so were the kids. She quickly looked down some of the closest book shelves to see if they had run off, but there was no denying that they had vanished.

“That’s it...I quit.”

***

“Ooow. How come traveling between worlds always has to be painful?” Kayla asked.”

“I dunno...uuuuugh...but if you could get off my head I’d appreciate it.” Emma’s muffled voice came from underneath Kayla.

Frazer was already sitting up and looking carefully at his digitama. “Shit guys...I think I cracked the egg.”

“What?” Piyomon rushed over to examine the egg herself. “It’s not cracked...it’s hatching.” As she said this other cracks began forming around the egg and a small meeping sound could be heard within the depths of the shell. All five of them were soon huddled around the egg to watch. Chips of the shell began to fall away like crumbling concrete. Bigger chunks fell to the ground with audible thuds. Then it all shattered into a shimmering gold mist and when the mist had settled a large gold colored rock was left in its place.

“It’s a rock...” said Frazer, a bit confused.

“How...anti-climactic,” said Emma. “But it has to be a digimon.”

“Try poking it with a stick,” Gazimon suggested and both Kayla and Piyomon turned toward him.

“No!”

“Wait, I think it’s moving.”

Two round, deeply black eyes opened up between the segments of gold colored rock that made up the body. It looked brightly up at Frazer and said: “Pyritemon!”

~~~~~~~~~
Author’s Note: Hey, it’s been a while. Sorry for the crappy chapter. I needed another transition chapter but now that eight of our main characters are in the digital world it will hopefully pick up some pace. On a side note, Pyritemon is a creation of mine so I would appreciate the character not being taken. I have drawn evolutions for this character, unfortunately the first two levels are in a sketchbook and I need a flatbed scanner to upload them...which I don’t have.

And I don’t care if nobody reads this story, I’m gonna write it anyway. But if you do read it I would appreciate a review. Thanks in advance. =D