Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Return of D-Reaper ❯ The Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Return of D-Reaper 2

The Meeting

I do not own Digimon Tamers.

It was great to see the monster maker team again. They listened to Takato’s story intently and waited a while before responding.

“The portal wouldn’t be opening unless there was a reason,” said Babel, smoothing his goatee in thought. “It could be one of two things. The digital world probably healed itself after having the D-Reaper damaging it or it’s in danger.”

“It couldn’t be the D-Reaper, could it?” Henry inquired.

“Only if it found away to survive,” answered Daisy. “By possessing digimon, no doubt.”

“Then we’d better get going then,” Kazu said, putting his hands on his hips. “We can’t just sit here and let the D-Reaper destroy everything.”

“Hold on,” said Dolphin. “You can’t go when you don’t know what you’re facing. Let us try to analyze what state the digital world is in. If it’s safe, you can go and see your digimon again but if it’s in trouble then let us program a few things to bring with you so can keep in contact. We may have to make a new arc to bring you all back.”

“All right,” said Rika, “how long is it going to take? I don’t feel like waiting too long.”

“We don’t know,” Babel replied. “Twenty-four hours, maybe more. It really all defensive we can get a connection.”

“What?” Kazu demanded. “What are we supposed to do in the meantime?”

“Just wait,” Curly replied. “We’ll let you know what we find out.”

The tamers seemed a bit reluctant but started to leave anyway. Those with cell phones left their numbers with the monster makers. When his friends were gone, Takato approached the monster makers.

“You were studying how to make digimon before,” he said softly. “I need you to make one.”

“Don’t you already have a digimon, Takato?” Mr. Wong inquired.

“It’s not for me,” he replied, taking out the drawing from his back pocket. “It’s for Jeri. She wasn’t a tamer long enough and I think she deserves a second chance. You think you can make this digimon real for her?”

“You drew this, Takato?” Babel inquired, taking the picture.

“Yes,” Takato answered. “That’s how I got Guilmon. I made him up. He was just a drawing and then he somehow became real. I thought since I’ve done it before, it would probably work again.”

“It’s just the egg and baby,” said Daisy, looking over Babel’s shoulder.

“I know,” Takato said. “I saw it in a dream. That was all I was able to see.”

“Does Jeri know you drew this?” Mr. Wong asked.

“No,” Takato replied. “I wanted to show it to you first, incase you can do it. I don’t want to give her hopes up to be a tamer again if you can’t.”

“We’ll see what we can do,” Mr. Wong told him. “But we’ll have to first find out what is happening in the digital world and figure out some ways to communicate with you. Making a camera that you can bring with you would be a good idea too so we can know what we’re up against.”

“Thanks, Mr. Wong.”

--

The monster makers and Hypnos workers spent the next forty-eight hours trying to get a reading on the digital world. Finding the state of it was impossible. They did find the digital gate Takato told them about and it was getting larger. As they searched, they found something else.

“Look at this!” Curly exclaimed. “Digimon are approaching the gate from the other side.”

“How many?” Babel inquired.

“Looks like eight or nine.”

“Are they big?”

“No—they’re small. I think it’s those children’s digimon!”

“Are you sure?” Mr. Wong inquired.

“It’s got to be,” Curly said firmly.

“Let’s call them,” said Daisy. “Tel them go get to the gate.”

--

The tamers didn’t waste any time to get to the gate. “Did you hear?” Kazu inquired excitedly as they walked inside. “They said our digimon are on their way here!”

They waited outside the digital gate and watched it enlarge. Their D-Arcs began reacting and they started getting data on the digimon that were coming through the field.

“Gigimon,” said Takato. “That’s Guilmon’s in-training form!”

“Yeah and Viximon,” said Rika.

Their digimon, including Calumon came through the portal. Gigimon bounced toward Takato.

“Takato!” he squeaked.

“Gigimon!” exclaimed Takato.

The tamers embraced their digimon as Chocomon and Yaamon waited.

“What’s new?” Ryo asked Hopmon, a small purple digimon with yellow markings.

“That’s why we came,” Hopmon said.

“Is the digital world in danger?” Henry asked.

“Yes,” Chocomon answered. “I’m afraid the D-reaper has returned.”

“But how?” Kazu demanded. “I thought we beat that thing!”

“We saw the digimon sovereign attacking it,” said Takato.

“They were able to slow it down for a time,” Chocomon explained, “but it got the better of them.”

“Oh no, they’re not dead are they?” Kenta asked.

“They’re still alive,” said Marine Angemon. “They were able to slow the D-Reaper down.”

“We came back here because we needed your help,” Chocomon said, “Zhuquiamon sent us.”

“Many digimon have been destroyed or turned evil from the D-Reaper’s influence,” Viximon explained.

“Let’s get back to the monster makers,” Henry said.

--

“So the D-Reaper has returned then?” Mr. Wong asked. “But why?”

“Our Digimon Sovereign were not able to destroy it,” Chocomon explained. “They tried locking them up in a dungeon but that didn’t work either. The D-Reaper has become angry.”

“Why?” asked Rika.

“Because it’s been stopped,” she replied. “It wanted to destroy humanity.”

“It’s after Jeri again, we think.” Yaamon added.

“Why would it be after Jeri?” Takato asked.

“Because she was a perfect host,” Hopmon replied. “It was revenge.”

“We’ve got to keep it from coming over here again,” Kazu said. “You’ve got to send us to the Digital World!”

“Your digimon are weak,” said Daisy, “if the digital world really is in a mess they can’t go in right away. They’ll have to stay here a while until we find a way to get through this.”

“I’ll take Yaamon to Ai and Mako then,” said Kenta.

“What about Jeri?” Takato asked the Monster Makers, “have you begun working on making a new digimon for her?”

“Not yet,” Babel answered. “We’ll probably need her D-Arc to get anywhere.”

“I’ll talk to her,” Takato said. “Keep us posted.”

--

Takato decided to stop at Jeri’s before continuing on home. He wanted to show her Gigimon and tell her what happened. She was surprised to see Gigimon.

“Why’d they come back?” she inquired. “Are they here for a visit?”

“No, Jeri, not exactly,” Takato answered. “Jeri, this will be a shock. You might want to sit down?”

But Jeri remained standing. “What do you mean, Takato?”

Takato sighed. “The Digital World is in trouble. We didn’t stop the D-Reaper.”

“So…the D-Reaper is still a threat then, isn’t it?” she asked softly.

“Yeah.”

“I knew it,” Jeri mumbled. “I knew it would come back to get me. I’ve been having nightmares about it.”

“Y-you have?” Takato asked in surprise. “How come you never told me?”

She shrugged, “well, I didn’t expect it to actually happen.”

“Don’t worry, Jeri,” Takato said firmly. “We will stop it for good, this time. You’ll see and it’s not going to possess you either.”

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Of course,” he said. “The monster makers will make sure of that.”

“How?” she inquired.

“We’re going to get you a new digimon,” Takato said excitedly. “Isn’t that great, Jeri? You can be a tamer again.”

“A new digimon partner?”Jeri whispered. “I don’t understand. Leomon’s dead, Takato. How can you get me a new partner?”

“I…I had a dream too,” Takato said. “About you and this digi-egg, it hatched and, well, I decided to draw it and give it to the monster makers. I asked them to make it real.”

She smiled weakly, “that’s sweet, Takato but I don’t’ want to be a tamer again. I’ve made a mistake by ever wanting to be one.”

“Jeri, come on,” Takato urged. “Think of it, you can come with us to the Digital World again—you can get to do all that Tamer stuff you missed out on.”

“I’m not going to the digital world,” Jeri crossed her arms. “And I don’t want a new partner. You’ve fought the D-Reaper without me before, you can do it again.”

“But Jeri,” Takato insisted, “you were inside it—you know how it works—you’re probably the only one that can stop it.”

“Forget it!” Jeri walked away.

“But we need your help, Jeri.”

“No, I’ll just mess it up all over again!” Jeri shouted.

“It’s going to be all right,” Takato said. “Just bring your D-arc down to the monster makers and they’ll make it real for you.”

“Do it for Alice instead,” Jeri muttered. “She lost her partner too and I’m sure she’s a better partner than I can ever hope to be. Her grandfather’s on the monster maker team and everything. She knows this stuff than probably any of us.”

“But—I want to do it for you,” Takato said, “that’s why I drew it. I’ll have the monster makers continue working on it incase you change your mind.”

“Fine, but you’re wasting your time,” Jeri turned away from him. “I hope you stop it for good this time. Make sure it doesn’t possess anyone else. It’s awful. No one should have to go through that.”

“Jeri,” Gigimon mumbled.

“Please go,” Jeri told him. “And tell the others for me.”

“Okay,” said Takato and he picked up Gigimon, shutting the door behind him.

Takato hoped he was ready for another battle with the D-Reaper because he knew when he fought it the first time; he never wanted to fight it again. --   It wasn’t long after the digimon arrived to the real world when the agents of D-Reaper followed.  When the Tamers’ digimon were able to digivolve, they went to attack.  Jeri saw no need to join in their battles.  When the tamers finally decided to go to the digital world to meet with the Sovereign, they took the advice and devices they would need from the Monster Makers.  “It would be best that Kenta and Kazu remain here with the younger tamers,” said Mr. Wong. “What?” Kazu demanded.  “You mean we have to baby sit?” “I don’t understand,” Kenta said softly.  “Why can’t we go with the others?” “Because they can biomerge with their digimon,” Daisy answered.  “They can help the digimon fight it in the digital world while you stay here and fight it.” “I think I understand,” said Lopmon in Suzie’s arms.  “We may need the help of Guardomon and MarineAngemon while we stay here.” “Ah,” said Impmon, “I can handle it fine…” “Impmon,” muttered Ai. “But if you’d want to stay that’s fine!” said Impmon with a grin.  “The more, the merrier!” Kazu groaned.  “Well, I guess if we’ve got to stay then we will…” “Takato,” said Curly, “There’s one more thing we have to give you.” “What is it?” Takato asked curiously as he stepped forward.  Curly picked up a box and held it up to Daisy as she reached in. “I know you said Jeri didn’t want to do this,” said Daisy softly, “but we were already working on it so…”  She handed Takato a gold and scarlet D-arc and a yellow digi-egg with a red spiral.  “For Jeri?” Takato inquired. “Yes,” Curly replied. Takato looked at the egg and d-arc for a moment and then he looked back up.  “Thank you, I just hope Jeri will be okay with it.” “You’re welcome,” said Mr. Wong. Takato turned to his friends.  “You all go ahead.  I’ll catch up.” “Are you sure Takato?” Henry inquired. “Yeah, I’m sure,” Takato answered.  “Go on.  I have to give these to Jeri.” As Takato went to Jeri’s house, he hoped he would accept the new D-arc and digiegg.  But he was wrong.  Jeri wasn’t going to like it at all.   To Be Continued