Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Return of D-Reaper ❯ Irreplaceable ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon.  Fire Botamon’s my character but you can use her if you’d like. __   Return of D-Reaper 3 Irreplaceable   -- “Takato!” Jeri exclaimed.  “What a surprise.  Oh, Guilmon!” Guilmon let out a happy cheer as he hugged Jeri.  “Jeri!” “It’s good to see you too, Guilmon,” said Jeri. “Jeri, I have something for you,” Takato told her as he walked inside.  “You know that the D-Reaper Agents came through the barrier?” “Yes,” said Jeri.  “But you’ve stopped them, right?” “For now,” Takato answered.  “That’s why we have to go back to the Digital World and speak with the Sovereign.  They might have a plan for us.” “That’s good,” Jeri said softly, pacing a little.  “Good.  So you’ll be able to stop the D-Reaper for good, right?” “We hope so,” said Takato.  “Look, Jeri, I know you didn’t want me to do this but the Monster Makers wanted to help and, well….here…” he reached into his backpack and took out the new D-Arc and digi-egg. Jeri gasped and backed up. “Takato, no!” she cried, pointing at the two items as if they were going to explode.  “Why?  How could you?” “I only wanted to help, Jeri,” Takato said softly.  “I didn’t know they already started working on it.  We’re on our way to the Digital World.  You can come with us.” “No, Takato!” she shouted.  “You know I can’t be a tamer!” “Jeri, you were a tamer once,” Takato reminded her.  “You had a partner.” “Yeah, I had one,” Jeri groaned.  “It was a big mistake.  I shouldn’t have been so stupid to actually believe Leomon was my partner.” “You weren’t stupid,” said Takato.  “You just wanted to be a tamer like me.” “I’m not strong like you guys,” Jeri insisted.  “Don’t be sad, Jeri,” Guilmon pleaded. “Listen, if you are going to the Digital World now, you’d better hurry.”  Jeri walked to her window and looked outside.  “Before the D-Reaper comes to our world again.” “Takato,” said Guilmon, “perhaps we should just leave Jeri’s new digimon here so she can take care of it.  It wouldn’t be safe in the Digital World now.” “Okay,” Takato placed the D-arc and digi-egg on Jeri’s bed.  “Well, by the time is a Rookie Jeri, I guess you can return it to the Digital World.  We don’t know when we’ll be back so…goodbye Jeri.” Jeri sighed and turned around.  “Goodbye, Takato.  Good luck.” “Bye-bye,” said Guilmon and he followed his tamer out of the door.  Jeri came and sat down on her bed to look at the egg.  She picked it up. “I’m sorry I have to be your tamer,” she whispered, “but I’ll try harder this time to take care of you, okay?” -- Takato and Guilmon made it back to the portal to meet the others.  “I gave Jeri her new digi-egg.  She won’t be coming.” “That’s okay,” said Henry, “it’s probably better that she stays here with it.  If the D-Reaper is after again, she might be caught.” “But I wouldn’t let that happen,” Takato insisted. “Well her digimon is still an egg you know,” Rika said.  “It can’t do much right now.  Come on, let’s get going.” “right,” Takato nodded and he and the others climbed through the digi-port and into the digital world.  They got the shock of their lives when they set eyes upon it again. It was nothing like they saw before.  It was all barren and dark.  How was it that any of the digimon was even able to survive? -- Jeri placed the digi-egg in a basket lined with pillows.  She pushed it near the furnace of her room and laid on her stomach on top of her bed, watching the digi-egg. “I wonder how long it will take for this egg to hatch,” she said aloud.  She sighed and shook her head.  She understood why Takato did ask the monster makers to make a new digimon for Jeri. She knew he meant well but he didn’t understand that she just wasn’t tamer material.  Why didn’t he just let it go?  Did he really think he could bring Leomon back by giving her this egg?  But what if this digimon could digivolve to a Leomon?  It would be great; she believed but it wouldn’t be her Leomon now would it? Jeri shook her head as she picked up her new digivice.  It was different from her old on.  Her previous D-arc was white with yellow markings and a yellow strap.   This new one in her hand was all gold with scarlet markings and a scarlet strap.  She wasn’t sure if it made a difference or not.  Why couldn’t’ she just use her old one? Was it because that D-arc only worked with Leomon and this digimon here was a whole other digimon? But she didn’t want a new digimon.  She wanted Leomon.  “This was just like when Mom died,” Jeri moaned as she rolled over and looked at her mother’s picture.  She could recall that awful day when her mother died.  Jeri just wanted to show her a drawing to cheer her up and make her feel better.  But it was too late.  Her mother was gone.  Of course her father said that a part of her would always be with them, but she didn’t feel it.  Was he just saying it to make her feel better?  It didn’t work.  She kept looking for that ‘part’ that would still be with them but never found it. And her father went and married another woman.  Why on Earth did he do that for?  Oh yes, because he couldn’t raise a girl by himself.  He needed a woman in the house, didn’t he?  Did Jeri’s father actually think he could help Jeri by marrying some other lady so she could be her new mommy?  Is that what he thought?  Jeri didn’t want another woman in her house—cooking her breakfast—doing her laundry.  She didn’t do things like her real mother did.  Jeri wanted her real mother to come back and be her mother again. She’d do anything just to hear her laugh—hear her sweet voice when she read her stories.  She wanted her mother to make the pancakes just the way Jeri liked them.  Jeri wanted to be able to talk to her about school.  Help her with her homework.  Give her advice on boys.  Jeri just didn’t feel close to her stepmother.  She didn’t feel like she could confide in her with those kinds of things.  She felt like she couldn’t even ask her dad either.  It was strange to talk to him about anything without thinking about her real mother. Jeri’s half brother, Masahiko, walked by the door with one of his toys.  She sighed.  She did like her brother.  After all, they were blood even though they didn’t have the same mother.  But sometimes Jeri didn’t know how to treat him because his mother was not her mother.  He had traits that she didn’t have or her mother.  Jeri felt bad that she wasn’t a good enough sister to him.  But what could she do?  Did her family expect her to swallow all of this?  Her mother dies and is taken somewhere she can’t go.  Someplace she can’t see.  Her father gives her some sort of rubbish that a part of her will still be with them?  Well where was she?  And he marries some woman to take her mother’s place?  Did he think her mother was some old bike that he could replace?  “I’m sorry your mother died, Jeri,” said her father’s voice in her mind.  “But I’ll just marry again and you’ll have a new mommy.  How does that sound?” Jeri groaned and shook her head, her eyes falling on the digi-egg.  The same thing was happening again.  First Takato drew Guilmon and he came alive.  Takato became a tamer like Rika and Henry.  Jeri got some stupid idea in her head that becoming a tamer herself would be great.  Then Leomon appeared and she chased him around and tried to digi modify with Takato’s digivice?  What was she thinking? Oh but things changed.  Eventually Leomon did become her partner and she did get the chance to digimodify just once.  There were plenty of cards she could use on Leomon, make him a stronger digimon.  But no, it wasn’t to be.  She got all those damn cards for nothing!  They all went to the digital world to save Calumon and Impmon, someone they all thought was their friend, betrayed them.  He digivovled and tried to kill them. He killed Leomon; right in front of them and Jeri…Jeri just stood there…and let it happen. ‘Why didn’t I do something?’ she demanded herself.  ‘I was Leomon’s tamer.’ She had stopped Takato and Guilmon from destroying Beelzemon.  Was it the right thing?  He would’ve been taken out of his misery.  Justice would’ve been served. But wait…that’s not right.  Impmon did have tamers.  Why didn’t his tamers do something?  If they had just taken care of him he wouldn’t have left. Jeri groaned. Where was all this coming from? She couldn’t go around blaming everybody else.  Her mother was dead.  Leomon was dead. What’s done was done. But what happened nearly caused the world to be destroyed and it was all her fault.  She had allowed herself to become easy prey for the D-Reaper.  Yes, Leomon died but digimon die all the time, right?  It’s in their data or something. They’re always fighting and sooner or later they lose a fight. They get deleted and lose all their data.  They all did stop the D-Reaper eventually. Now the D-Reaper was back.  It would only be a matter of time until it found her again.  She shivered.  She remembered how unpleasant it was to be its host.  But she changed since then, hasn’t she?  Or was she still empty as ever? Takato and the others were off to fight again.  Takato thought drawing her a new digimon would help her feel better.  He thought it would make her want to join them in the fight. But she didn’t want a new digimon.  She wanted Leomon.  Didn’t Takato understand? She knew she meant well, but just drawing a different digimon was not going to fill the void in her heart.  Getting a new mother wasn’t going to help either.  Jeri pushed herself off the bed and paced the floor.  She found her old sock pocket and put it on her hand. “Sorry your mother is dead and gone Jeri but here’s a new mother for you,” Jeri said out of the corner of her mouth as she made her puppet’s mouth move.  Jeri recalled the time when her father Jigo announced that she was going to marry Satsuki.  Jeri was so upset she had wanted to run away. “I don’t care,” Jeri told her puppet.  “Satsuki is not my mother.  She did not give birth to me.  She can never do the things the way my mother always did.  I want my mother back.” “But Jeri, your mother is dead,” her puppet said to her.  “Dead and gone.  It was her destiny.  She’s never coming back.” “Dad said there will be a part of her with us,” said Jeri.  “So is she with me still?  Will I find her?” “Maybe if you look hard enough.” Jeri groaned.  “Leomon promised me he’d be with me too.  But he’s not.” “Sorry your partner is dead and gone Jeri but here’s a new partner for you,” she made her puppet speak as she thought of Takato holding the digi-egg.  She thought of him drawing it and showing it to her. “So what?”Jeri demanded.  “I didn’t ask Takato to draw me a new digimon.  It’s Leomon I want.  He was my partner.  Why did he leave me?” “Because he was killed Jeri, you know that.”  Her puppet told her.  “He was deleted and lost all his data.  He’s not coming back either.” “Why did he have to be deleted?” “Destiny.  Destiny.  Destiny.” “I hate destiny,” Jeri sighed.  “Yes and it’s destiny that brought the D-Reaper back, Jeri,” said her puppet again.  “And it’s not going to leave until it has you.” “So should I just go and let it take me then so it will be over with?”  Jeri asked her puppet.  “Will it stop the fighting?” “I don’t know, Jeri.  Maybe you could.  But you’ve got a new digimon.  You can fight it instead.” “I’m a terrible tamer,” Jeri shook her head.  “I can’t fight.  I’ll just mess up all over again.” “Jeri,” she heard her step mother’s voice.  “Lunchtime.” Jeri removed her sock puppet and placed it on her dresser.  “I’m coming, Satsuki.”  -- Jeri returned to her room after lunch to find that the egg making funny noises. “What’s with the egg?” she wondered out loud. The egg jumped and Jeri took a step back, staring at the egg.  “I don’t believe it. It’s hatching!” A crack went around the top of the egg.  Jeri came and squatted down to it, picking off the shell.  She peeked inside but it was dark.  Then there was a bounding noise as the digi-egg inside bounced to break the shell more.  Jeri gasped and lost her balance, falling onto her back.  She looked back up and in the midst of the broken shells was her new digimon.  It looked like an orange all with ears and had blue eyes.  It bounced up on the pillows. “Who are you?” she inquired. “Me?” said the digimon. “Why I am your digimon of course!  Fire Botamon!” “Fire Botamon?” Jeri asked, crawling to he new digimon.  “Do you digivolve to a Leomon?” “Leomon?”Fire Botamon inquired, blinking.  “I don’t know.” “I can’t believe it,” Jeri whispered.  “I have a new partner.  I’m a tamer again.” -- The Digimon Sovereigns’ story was not a good one.  When they fought the D-Reaper they were all nearly deleted.  They did manage to slow it down and trap it inside a ravine.  However, they became very and Azulongmon, the weakest of the four sovereign, had de-digivovled to the three ulitmates that digivolve to become him: Antylamon, Mihamon and Majiramon.  Many of the digimon left in the digiworld were destroyed and those that survived were hiding.  The tamers searched where they could to find the survivors and put them to a safe place.  The digimon sovereign did not think it was wise for the tamers to go and fight the D-Reaper yet but sometimes they had no choice as they found some chaos and D-Reaper agents on their rescue missions.  While the tamers were trying to get to the water to see if any digimon were still alive, an army of D-Reaper Agents stood between them with a river of chaos.  An ADR3—Pendulum Feet—what looked lying a flying purple cloak with scythe-like legs swarmed toward them.  “Those agents are blocking our way,” said Takato, “some digimon might be trapped there.” “So let’s go through them,” muttered Rika as she brought out her digivice.  “Renamon!” Ryo, Takato and Henry pulled out their digivices as well.  They were going to have to biomerge to get past.  “Biomerge activate!” “Renamon digivolve to…Sakuyamon!” “Terriermon digivovle to…MegaGargomon!” “Monodramon digivovle to…Justimon!” “Guilmon digivolve to…Gallantmon!” “Spirit Strike!” Sakuyamon shouted., sending her attack to the agents. The battle was over and they called to each other to see if they were all right.  Henry had to ask him about five times. “Takato!  Hey!” Henry shouted.  “Are you okay?” “Huh?” Takato mumbled.  “What?” “I asked if you’re all right,” Henry called from inside MegaGargomon. “Oh, I’m fine Henry!” he exclaimed. Takato groaned and shook his head.  He probably didn’t have too bad of cuts and bruises but he felt horrible inside.  He started wishing he hadn’t given Jeri that digi-egg.  He knew he had opened up a new wound by giving it to her.  What was he thinking?  Why did he have to draw that digimon he saw in his dream?  Jeri was so angry.  She’d probably never talk to him again.  He even told her to join them in the fight.  If she had decided to come then she’d have to see all this destruction.  It would’ve reminded her of the time Leomon died. “Jeri,” he whispered, “please don’t be mad at me.  I was only trying to help.  I only wanted to give you another chance. “Well, I hope Kazu and the others are having better luck than we are.”  Ryo told them.  “We still have to cover a lot of ground.” -- It seemed that the tamers left in the real world were safe for a time being.  They hadn’t seen many agents floating about or any chaos.  Every so often there would be an agent around looking for digimon or something else to destroy.  The Monster Makers were working hard on keeping digital gates closed while Kazu, Kenta, Ai, Mako and Suzie guarded the digital gate that was still open at Guilmon’s hide out.  “It’s been quiet,” Lopmon said softly.  “Maybe the D-Reaper’s given up?” said Kenta. “I doubt it, chumly,” Kazu muttered.  “It didn’t seem to give up much last time, did it?  I bet it’s just having trouble getting here.” “Should one of us warn Jeri?” Impmon questioned. “She already knows its looking for her,” Kazu told them.  “She’s got a digi-egg and once that thing hatches it can protect her.  I’m not sure if there’s anything else we can do.” “I wish she’d come and see us,” Kenta said. “I don’t think she’s very happy about having a new partner,” Kazu groaned, glancing at Impmon.  “C’mon, let’s keep moving.  We’ve got to keep an eye out for any more agents. This is so boring.  I hope Ryo and the others are having more fun than we are.” -- As Jeri continued to take care of baby Fire Botamon, it seemed to fill the void in her heart that was a result of Leomon’s death.  She didn’t want to get too attached to the digimon because she knew she’d have to let it go.  She was only going to help it digivolve so it could hold its own.  Jeri woke up the next morning and raised her arms in a stretch. “Morning, Fire Bota—“ she looked over at her new digimon’s basket and found it missing.  “Fire Botamon!  Oh no!” she threw back the covers and leapt out of bed.  She searched the basket. “Fire Botamon, where are you?” she checked under her bed.  There was nothing there.  She checked her dresser, her closet everywhere but the baby digimon wasn’t anywhere. “Fire Botamon!” she went out of her room and started searching the bathroom.  It wasn’t there either.  Jeri began to panic.  Where could it be?  She had her digimon for two days and she already lost it.  She knew something like this would happen.  She just wasn’t tamer material.  Why didn’t Takato take it back to the digital world with him? Her brother’s door opened and she turned. “Masahiko, have you seen, um, a digimon?” “Digimon?” “Yes, it’s a little—uh—orange ball with ears?” Jeri asked.  He shook her head.  “No, it had a tail.” “You’ve seen it then?” Jeri inquired and then she grasped to what he said.  “What, tail?  Did it digivolve?” “Yeah,” he pointed in his room.  “Come and see.”  He led her into his room. On top of her half brother’s bed was a digimon but it didn’t look like Fire Botamon.  It had a really fluffy head and a tail.  “What’s it doing in your room?” Jeri demanded as she walked over to her digimon and picked it up.  “Did you take it?” “No.”  Masahiko shook his head. “You’d better not be lying!” Jeri shouted. “I didn’t take it Jeri!” Masahiko whined.  “It just came into my room.” “Don’t be mad at him,” said the in-training form of fire Botamon.  “I felt that I was digivolving so I bounced out to explore.  He picked me up and sat me on his bed.  He was just on his way to get me something to eat.” “You shouldn’t have left without telling me,” Jeri muttered to her digimon. “Who are you now anyway?” “I’m Fluffmon!” said her digimon happily.  “Good, you’re digivolving,” Jeri whispered.  “When you become rookie I’ll take you back to the digital world.” “But…I thought we were partners,” said Fluffmon sadly.  “Look, I can’t be your tamer,” Jeri told it firmly. “I’m sorry.  You’re here because my friend Takato drew you without my permission.  I’m sure there’s someone else out there than can take care of you better.”  She started to take it to her room. “Wait, Jeri,” Masahiko began.  “I was going to play with it!” “Digimon are not pets, Masahiko!” Jeri hissed.  “That’s not why they were created.  Now don’t come and try to take her out of my room okay?  And Fluffmon—you are not to leave your basket—understand?” “I think so,” Fluffmon mumbled. “Good,” said Jeri.  “Now I will go and you something to eat.” Jeri placed her digimon back on her basket and went to the kitchen to see what she could find.  Masahiko peeked in her room to get a glance at Fluffmon.  Fluffmon laid pathetically in her basket, wondering how she ended up with Jeri for a tamer. When was Jeri going to allow others into her heart?  Was she ever going to be a real tamer before it was too late?   TO BE CONTINUED I’m sorry this chapter is short.  Usually my chapters are 7 to 12 pages long but I have major bad writers block!  If anyone have any suggestions or know of good Tamer websites, please let me know, will you? I’ll try to get on with the next chapter soon enough. Here are Fluffmon’s digivolutions.  I’m trying to think of attacks.  Tell me if you’ve got ideas: Rookie: Kneazlemon (kinda like a small Gatomon without the tufts on ears.  Yellow speckled with orange spots. Champion:  Leonemon.  A female version of Leomon, but I’m not sure how to do her outfit.  Maybe a sports bra with shorts or maybe jeans. Ultimate: Mantimon, lion-like mythical creature with a human’s face and a scorpion’s tail or tail of darts.  It might be evil, but, I think it’s a cool description as some lion-like creatures are rare. Mega/biomerge: Isismon.  Not sure about her outfit, but it’s like a sphinx only she’s on two legs instead of four.  Somewhat like a lion version of Sakuyamon as they’re both Egyptian.  Dobermon’s mega (Anubismon) looks like this too, pretty cool.   Oh and by the way, Alice is going to play a big part in the story by talking Jeri into helping in on the fight.  Should I try to find a way to bring back Dobermon?  If all 3 of the girls get to biomerge with their digimon it might look cool with their Egyptian god-like outfits you know.  Well, tell me what you think.  I’m trying to figure everything out!  >_<