Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Revival Of Taichi ❯ Prolouge & Chapter 1 ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"The Revival of Taichi"

Prolouge

5 years have passed since the digidestined defeated all the evil in the digital world. They arrived in their real world, with their digimon in the digital world, to hopefully see them again. The group told all of their adventures to their loving parents; well, almost all of them. The group never told them one of the adventures, the adventure that almost cost Tai his life. The final battle with Myotismon. Tai was told the story by his teammates after the battle. He was shocked about what he did along with his reincarnation of the warrior, Taichi. Tai never told his parents about the incident as neither did Kari. Soon, however, the incident nearly became just a memory to the digidestined. They still had their crests, but they were never used, so the crests went into an eternal slumber.

Tai, the leader who held the Crest of Courage, soon forgot about the story of him defeating Myotismon. He just went on with his normal life. Soon, he went to high school, and soon Sora left the poor boy on account of she found someone else. Tai was soon depressed about the departing of Sora, but he knew it was for the best. All he wanted was for her to be happy with whatever she was doing, even if it is to be with another boy, although she and Tai were still friends.

The Digidestined all went to the same school, except for T.K. and Kari. They both went to Elementary school while the rest went to high school. They now had normal lives. No more going to the digital world since the gate to it is closed, and no evil digimon attacking the real world or digital world. Until one day when that all changed... ... ...


Chapter 1: "A New Beginning"

The old team of the digidestined were in school one day. Tai and Matt were both in the same class; Phys Ed. The coach looked at the class. He was one of those types that was really into his sports.

"Alright troops. Now we are going to do soccor. Tai, since you are a good player, I'll let you be captain of your team. And Brendon can be another captian. Tai you can choose first." Coach Limpton announced.

Tai was excited. He longed to play his favorite sport in gym. He knew he was going to enjoy today. He ran into the field and stood firm. "I choose Ishida." Tai replied to his classmates as he looked at Matt. Matt jogged to Tai's side.

Matt had a hard time playing sports. He was better on stage with his gutiar than the field with soccor balls, footballs, and other sports. Tai on the other hand was good with the soccor ball. He could kick the soccor ball for who knows how far.

After the teams were equally picked, the game started. Tai and Brendon started the kick off and Tai kicked it to Matt. Matt started to dribble the ball to the gate with him kind of being on defense. The offense on the other team went to Matt. Matt saw this and saw an opening near his classmate, Kyle, an offensive player. Matt hollered out his name and kicked the ball to him. Kyle took a step back and dribbled the ball to the goal. Tai ran to Kyle, to protect him from the other team to try to get the ball. Brendon ran past the two classmates and kicked the ball out of Kyle'e grasp to his teammate, Norman. Norman recieved the ball by bouncing it off of his chest to not let the ball go out of control. It landed on the ground and he started kicking it to the goal. Tai saw this and ran to Norman. He caught up and just as Norman was about to kick it into the net, Tai tried to swipe the shot. He slid down the field and kicked the ball away from the kicker. Tai laughed in triumph as his other teammate, James, took the ball. James kicked it halfway down the middle of the field, since he was playing defense. Tai ran to the ball and started dribbling it down the field. The other team raced after him, but only Brendon could keep up. Before Brendon could swipe it, Tai shot it near the net, making a goal and scoring one for his team. The team cheered while the other team smircked saying things like "That was a luck shot," and "Don't worry, we let you have that score.".

After 30 minuets of playing, the score was tied, 3 to 3. Tai was dribbling the ball with 1 minute on the clock. As he went closer to the goal, he felt strange. Not a feeling of happiness of winning, nor the sorrow of loosing his first game. It was fear. It washed over him, making him slow down his running. Brendon saw an opportunity and ran and kicked the ball out of Tai's grasp. Tai didn't notice. He was too busy concentrating on what was happening to him.

Matt saw what happened. He looked at Tai concerned. 'tai? what is wrong with you?' he thought. Before he realized, the coach whistled to let them know that the game was over with Brendon's team being the victor of 4 to 3.

"Good job class. That was a good game. Tommorow we will be doing some sit-ups, pull ups and all that fun stuff." Coach Limpton announced.

The group all sighed out and trudged to the locker room. Matt was walking when he noticed that Tai wasn't with the group. He slowed down his walking and waited until the group went inside. When they all went in the locker room, Matt ran back down to the field. When he got there, he saw Tai, sitting on the ground holding his head.

Matt ran up to his friend and knelt down in front of him. "Tai are you alright? Answer me Tai!"

Tai groaned a bit. He felt like something was tearing him apart inside. He knew something was wrong, but he didn't know what. His heart was racing faster and faster. He still sensed that fear that washed over him during the game, but it felt extremely worse.

"Tai! C'mon pal snap out of it!" Matt called out to him, shaking the boy.

Tai jumped a few feet and looked up at Matt, his eyes widen with fear. His hands slowly dropped off of his head. He looked at the boy's blue eyes.

"Tai? What happened?! Are you alright?!" Matt asked his friend.

Tai slowly stood up. "Yeah, I'm ok. Just got a bad headache, that's all." he said as he walked to the locker room without another word or sound out of him.

Matt looked at the teen. He guess that was all it was, just a headache. But if he knew Tai, that means that he might be hiding something from him again, just like when.. ...

Matt shook his head. He didn't want to remember the couple of days in the digital world when Tai had those recurring nightmares, the painful death , which Matt felt to this day was all his fault. "I must be that paranoid to think Tai would still act that way, even after what he put himself into 5 years ago." he slowly said to himself as he jogged to the locker room, before the bell rang to go to the final class.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tai trudged home from school. He made it through English II. He looked down at the sidewalk, thinking. 'what is happening to me? i feel so strange, and that feeling makes me wonder what it is. i mean, i lost a game because of it. may be it WAS just a headache after all' he thought as he walked to his apartment door. he slumped down on the couch. He wanted to not think about anything but relaxing. Soon, Tai heard beeping from his digivice. 'why is it beeping? unless...'

Tai scrambled to his feet and raced towards his computer in his room. He turned it on and went to the digiport.

"I wonder what is going on in the digital world. The gate was never opened since MaloMyotismon was defeated. So why is my digivice acting up?" Just then, a thought went into his mind. "Agumon must be in trouble!" he exclaimed. He held out his digivice to the computer. "Let's hope that the gate will be open. Digiport Open!"

The gate went from closed to open. Tai sighed in relif that it was open. Without thinking, he went to the digital world, in hopes of seeing what is going on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izzy gasped as he stood up out of his chair and looked at his computer. "The gate to the Digital World is opened! I better tell the others. This isn't good news!" he stated as he took out his D-terminal and started an E-mail to everyone about the news.