Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Revival Of Taichi ❯ The Arrival Of DarkMyotismon ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2: "The Arrival of DarkMyotismon"

Tai found himself in the digital world. It looked the same; the scenery of the trees of the forest, the sun shining up above, and the peace and quiet. He walked around the area that he arrived at. "Everything seems to be okay, but why was my digivice going off? There isn't anything wrong." he said to himself.

He knew that the digivice that he always carryed with him never beeped unless if there was trouble. It had to be something wrong with his digimon partner that he had for a long time; Agumon. As Tai continued to walk, he found himself at a clearing. He studied the surroundings and found nothing strange. All except for one thing. No digimon. This was really confusing the human. "Everywhere I go now, I hardly see any digimon. I used to see nothing BUT digimon around here. Something has to be wrong." He concluded.

As he started his walk through the meadow, he heard cries. Cries for help. Tai looked in the direction of the cries and ran in the direction. As he got closer, he recognized the call. "Agumon! Agumon I'm comming!" he called out.

Tai stopped to where the voice was heard the loudest. When he looked around, he saw his companion, Agumon, fighting a huge digimon. It was a shadow creature that had nothing on, but the darkness that enveloped him to look the way he was.

The creature didn't notice Tai. It was attacking the humans comapnion. Tai saw enough of this and ran to the battle. "Agumon!" he hollered out.

The little golden dinosaur looked up weakly to see who the voice belonged to. "Tai?"

Tai kneeld by the little digimon's side. "Agumon, are you gonna be alright?"

"Now I will be." he answered.

Agumon looked beat. Brusis and scratches appeared on the little dinosaur. "This guy just attacked me for no reason. I try to ask him why attack me, but I was given no reply."

Tai stood up and looked at the attacker. "Well, let's get him Agumon. Digivolving time buddy!" Tai anounced, holding out his digivice.

Agumon stood up, feeling Tai's energy flowing within him. "Agumon digivolve too.. .. .. Greymon!"

The shadow figure just laughed out. "You expect me to be beaten by your digimon friend, Courage?!"

Tai backed up as did Greymon. "I know that voice, somehow." Tai whispered out. He couldn't quite put it. Finnally, it clicked in. "Myotismon!"

The shadow figure laughed. "So you finally figured it out, eh? I am very impressed with that Courage. I have been waiting for you."

"Waiting for me? You mean to tell me that you opened the gate?!" Tai was becoming angered. He didn't want Myotismon endangering the humans again.

Greymon growled. "Myotismon, I will not let you attack Tai again! You caused him so much!"

Tai looked at the dinosaur. 'again? what did myotismon do to me?' he thought. He couldn't remember anything.

Greymon leaped at the shadow digimon, heatbutting him with his horn. Myotismon smircked and jumped up in the air, with no harm done to him. "You see, I have digivolved far more than MaloMyotismon I used to be. Now I am DarkMyotismon!"

"DarkMyotismon?" Tai said. He knew that he needed help. He pulled out his D-Terminal and wrote an E-Mail to the old and new digidestined. 'guys, we need your help' .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Davis, Kari, Joe, Yolei and the others arrived at Izzy's place for a meeting.

"What's the big emergency Izzy?" T.K. asked the computer whiz.

Izzy opened up his laptop and turned it on. "The gate to the digital world is opened you guys."

"But how? Isn't it supposed to be sealed, never to be used again?" Davis hollered out.

"Well, that is what I thought too. It seems that someone reopened it again." Izzy answered.

Ken looked at the opened digiportal. "May be, we digidestined aren't finished with the battle of defeating the evil. May be there is another evil roaming out there."

The group became silent. Ken could be right, after all he was just as smart as Izzy.

"Hey, where is our fearless leader? Shouldn't he be here like the rest of us?" Sora asked the gang.

Matt looked at Sora. "He didn't feel good today. He had a huge headache during Phys Ed. He must have stayed home."

"Tai wasn't home. I haven't seen him all day." Kari announced.

Soon, everybody's D-Terminal started beeping. It sounded like a bunch of cell phones ringing at once. Everybody pulled out their D-Terminals and took quite a shock.

"He's in the digital world?!" They all shouted.

They couldn't believe the rest of the E-Mail as they continued reading the rest.

"Myotismon is back?! Oh no! Tai is in huge trouble!" Matt exclaimed. "We have to go help him guys!"

The group nodded and they held out all of their digivices out towards the Digiport. They soon went to the digital world in hopes of saving Tai.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greymon fell to his knees. DarkMyostismon had this fight wrapped up. He threw the huge Greymon like a stuffed animal. Greymon couldn't take it and went back to Agumon, who looked even more beat up than when Tai first arrived.

"Agumon!" Tai called out. He ran to his little friend. "Agumon are you alright? Agumon?!"

Agumon groaned a bit and opened his emerald eyes. "Sorry Tai, I tried."

Tai smiled at him. "You did your best Agumon." he stood in front of his digimon. "Leave Agumon alone!"

DarkMyotismon chuckled. "I only beated him up because I wanted you to arrive here Courage, and you took the bait just like I planned out." he slowly chuckled. "After realizing when I was MaloMyotismon, I figured I didn't need the power of the Master of Courage because of how powerful I was. I felt invincible, not until all those digibrats came to the digital world and using their hope, ruined that for me. But you see, I regenerated myself. I wanted to fulfill those plans when I was Myotismon, to take what I wanted. And now that day has come, Courage. I want your power."

Tai took a step back. "My power? What are you talking about?"

Before DarkMyotismon replied, the old and new digidestined appeared, running towards Tai. Tai turned around to see his friends, comming to the rescue. 'they got my e-mail. that's good.' he thought as they ran in front of him.

"So if it isn't the original digidestined along with the new brats." DarkMyotismon hollered at them.

Davis walked in front of the group. "Alright pally, why do you insist on coming back!? Haven't you realized that you will never defeat us?"

DarkMyotismon laughed. "Well, the so called leader of the new team. I am not here for revenge, at least, not yet. I am for Courage over there." he smircked as he peered at Tai.

Tai sank down. This wasn't good on his part.

"It seems that your old leader doesn't remember that DAY, digidestined. Why don't you enlighten him a bit about it huh?" he laughed out.

Yolei, Cody, Davis, and Ken looked confused. "What is he talking about?" They looked at the original digidestined, who had upset faces on them.

Tai looked at them. The faces of his friends said it all. Matt walked up to his pal. "Tai remember 5 years ago, when we told you that story of you defeating Myotismon?"

Tai looked wide eyed. He started to remember. The story of him dying and being resurrected. He felt totally angered. He looked at DarkMyotismon evily. "I remember now. All of it."

"Uh, sorry about the interruption, but what DID happen that day 5 years ago?" Yolei asked.

"Now's not the time, Yolei. The main objective now is to defeat DarkMyotismon before it happens again!" Izzy exclaimed.

"You can't defeat me. It is hopeless this time!" he shouted.

Agumon stood up weakly. He looked at Tai. "Tai, let me warp-digivolve!"

"Agumon, I can't; the crests haven't been activated ever since the battle with Apocolomon remember?"

Agumon looked down. He wanted to help his friends but he couldn't do anything about it.

DarkMyotismon laughed. "You see, Courage, you can't even protect yourself without the crest to glow and reawaken!"

"C'mon guys we can't protect ourselves here without our digimon. We have to retreat and think of a plan later!" Izzy suggested as he held out his digivice at DarkMyotismon. Each of the old digidestined knew what Izzy was up to. Joe, Sora, Matt, and Tai followed Izzy and, with the digivices, created the blinding light as the new team watched.

DarkMyotismon covered his eyes. He hated alot of light. It bothered him since he was just shadow. After the lights dimmed on the digivices, the gang ran out of the clearing, with Tai carrying Agumon and went back to the real world. DarkMyotismon felt better and opened his eyes to find the group gone. He growled. "Those Digidestined punks can't protect him forever. I will get what I want!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe was taking care of Agumon's wounds. While he was, the others retold the story of the memory that wanted to be forgotten to the new team of digidestined. They were all wide eyed and shocked to hear it all. While they were listening to it, all they could do was to look at Tai and wonder. Wonder what it would have been like to be in his position.

"So, you see," Izzy concluded. "That if it wasn't for Taichi, Tai would have never been with us right now and well, the digital world and the real world would never be the same."

Davis, Yolei, Cody and Ken were just amazed at the story. "So Tai was resurrected from the dead? That is awesome!" Davis exclaimed.

Tai looked down. He knew that he had to listen to that story again. "Izzy, I am just so fed up with all of this. I wish I was never born. I am just more trouble than I am worth now."

The team looked at Tai. They were so astounded. "Tai, don't talk like that! If it wasn't for you 5 years ago, Kari wouldn't have been found to us." Sora said.

"Or help the rest of us back together when we were seperated after the attack from Etemon." Joe hollered.

"Yeah that was then you guys. Now, Myotismon is still after my hide. I just can't stand it. I am putting people I know in danger." he spoke as he looked at his digibud. " I still wish I were dead!"

"Tai you can't die! Remember what we told you? He can use your soul and put it within him." Izzy shouted at him.

Tai was feriuos. He couldn't get away from Myotismon. No matter how hard he could try, it would be worthless. He would always find a way to get to him no matter what the cause. Tai slammed his fist on his bed. "This is so ridiculous! After 5 long years you would think he quit by now!"

Kari sat by her brothers' side. "Tai don't worry. We will protect you."

Izzy suddenly looked at the group with a smile. "Hey guys I think I might have an idea!"

The whole group looked at Izzy. "Well, don't hold it in Izzy, tell us how we can help Tai." Cody shouted.

"May be we can alter our crests to make the warrior come back again. Once that is completed, Taichi or Tai can help us defeat this new Myotismon."

"You are forgretting one thing in this little operation Izzy." Tai sighed out.

"What is that Tai?"

"Unfortunetly, our crests haven't been used for 5 years. I don't think that they can ultimatically work just like that."

Matt looked at Tai. He knew this wasn't like him to look on the down side of things; that would be in Joe's department. "Tai, don't act this way. Why are you so negitive all of a sudden?"

Tai stood up. Even though his eyes were closed and he looked down to his feet, he knew that eyes were staring at him, blankly. "I --I don't know."

"You know Tai, you haven't been yourself today. Not since that soccer game."

Tai sighed out. "I guess I am just exhausted, alright! I am tired and I have a huge headache Matt ok? Does that answer your question?"

Izzy looked angered. He couldn't stand Tai acting this way. "Oh, and so how do you expect to think we should do with Myotismon? He isn't gonna just give up like you expect him to. He will continue this little game until he checkmates us and pinns us to the wall to get to you. Now stop acting the way you are and come back to reality Tai! You know we need you for this one as well as the new team too! We all need you in on this too you know!"

Tai clentched his fist. He felt so angered. He walked slowly to the door and opened it.

"Tai where are you going?" Davis asked him.

Tai just stood there. "I'm gonna go for a walk. I'll see you guys later." and with those words, he took off outside and ran out of the apartment.

The group just stared at the door. "This isn't like him. Not like him at all." Sora whispered loud enough for the rest of them to hear it.

Matt was ferious. "He's doing it again!!"

"Doing what again Matt?" Agumon asked as he sat on Tai's bed.

"He wouldn't tell us what was wrong with him when the whole thing started! He never told us about the recurring nightmares that were literally killing him 5 years ago! He won't be stubborn this time around, because I won't let him!" he yelled as he ran out of the room and after Tai.

The group drew silent. "Gosh. We can leave it to Matt to help Tai out." Joe said.

Davis, and the rest of the new team just stood there. They never saw Tai acting like this before. Ken looked at the door. "I hope he tells us soon. He can't hold this in any longer."