Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Revival Of Taichi ❯ Reactions ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 3: "Reactions"

Matt ran after Tai. He wanted to make sure he doesn't act the same way he did when all this crazy nonsense started. He can still remember that night at the time before Tai died. Everyone was so upset, especally himself. When he saw Tai, lying there helpless and dead, he felt like that he failed. Failed as a friend and as a person. If only Tai told them sooner, none of this should have happened.

Matt ran past the parking lot and onto the sidewalk. The night sky hung above him, with the air, chilling him a bit. He had on his black shirt with a midnight color vest on top of it. His black pants swayed in the air as he ran faster and faster, with each step becoming more concerned for his friend, Tai.

As the blond ran, he saw Tai, running into the park. Matt followed him and saw him, sitting down under a tree, with his head down and his kness up to his face. He walked up to Tai and put his hand on his shoulder. "Tai?"

Tai just stayed in his position, with his uniform still on him. The uniform was a bit dirty, but that didn't matter to Tai. He was more concerned of what the future would be like after all of this would be over. Even though he heard Matt's voice, he didn't reply. He just sobbed silently as to not let Matt know about the 'Master of Courage' crying his eyes out.

"Tai, talk to me. What is wrong with you lately? We are all worried about you, man."

Tai still never made eye contact. "Matt, just tell the others I will fend off Myotismon myself. I want no one in this little game, except Myotismon and me."

Matt tried not to get angered. "Tai, we are in this together. We have been and we will continue to be in it."

"Matt just go!! I just want to do this on my own." Tai yelled through his legs and hands.

Matt wasn't going to take this any longer. He transformed his hand into a fist and swiped it at Tai, making the brown-haired teen fall back a bit. Tai held his head from the punch as he gazed at Matt, with his tan eyes wide.

"Tai, grow up! You know that you can't fight him alone! We need to fight him as a team, with our digimon and each other. Stop acting like a kid and start telling us things! Otherwise, Tai, we can't possibly help you!"

Tai let Matt's words echo in his head. He slowly placed his hands down onto the grass and looked down. He felt pretty pathetic after all of that. "Matt you have to listen. I just don't want any one of you dying in his clutches like I was. I wouldn't stand myself if that happened."

Matt looked at him 'that's what he was so worried about.' he thought. He slowly helped Tai to his feet. "Tai, don't worry about us. We have been fighting evil digimon for a long time and this time won't be any different."

Tai slowly nodded, but he didn't seem at all convinced though. He sighed and looked at Matt. His icy blue eyes gazing into his. For some reason, he felt better knowing that Matt was by his side after all of this. "I guess you're right Matt." he tried to smile.

Matt smiled back at him. "C'mon, we have to go make a plan before Myotismon does."

Tai agreed slowly. As he took his first step, he felt the same pain within him during the soccer game; fear. Fear of loosing his friends. The pain became too much for him and he passed out, falling to the ground. Matt saw this and caught the teen, before he hit the ground. His nose caught the smell of the aroma comming from Tai when he caught him. The smell was so irresistable to Matt as he carried the boy in his arms to the apartment. 'what seems to be wrong with me? am i starting to love--... ..no i couldn't possibly.' he thought as he continued on, with his mind racing as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DarkMyotismon stood in front of the digital gate that he used years ago to travel to the real world. He gazed at his hand and looked at the cards that he used as well to open the gate. "I now hold all the cards to guarrentee my sweet victory and claim the prize that has been hiding from me for those past 5 years." he smircked.

He loved the thrill of the hunt, but now, the hunt is almost complete for him as he slowly placed the cards into its rightful place. He smiled as the gate slowly began to open. "I shall capture the leader once and for all, and soon no one will stop my conquest of the digital world, along with Courage's world as well! HAHAHAHAHA!"

The shadow figure walked slowly to the gate, with only himself entering, and without all the weaklings that tried despreatly to obey Myotismon as best as they could. He soon blocked out the memory of his earlier allies and walked in the gate, with it closing behind him, waiting to open once again.