Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Say the Same ❯ The Secondary Apportionment ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----
 
Say the Same
The Secondary Apportionment
 
Before school began the next morning, Koushiro was sitting on the steps that led up to the second story, waiting.
 
He didn't have to wait long.
 
“Sorry! I'm here!”
 
Koushiro looked up to see Miyako running through the crowd to him, out of breath and disheveled as was usual. When she was standing beside him, she dumped her book bag unceremoniously on the ground and began messing with her hair.
 
“I tell you,” Miyako began, “my older sisters are the absolute worst! They wouldn't let me into the bathroom this morning! Do you see this? Just look at this hair!”
 
“Uh…” Koushiro began, not sure what to say about her Massive Morning Hair Crisis. “Did you bring…”
 
“Neptune's Rebirth?” Miyako finished. “Of course I did! I hope you can figure out what's wrong with him,” she added, fishing it out of the small bag she was still carrying.
 
“Let me see him,” Koushiro said, relieved to be back in a realm he could understand.
 
“Hey guys!”
 
Both Koushiro and Miyako looked up to see Takeru, Yamato and Ken standing in front of them.
 
Takeru grinned widely. “What's going on?”
 
“Early Morning Session with Broken Hardware,” Koushiro told him. “And you guys?”
 
“Unexpected Rendezvous at the Fourth Light,” Yamato returned in kind.
 
Everyone stared at each other.
 
“Neptune's Rebirth is broken,” Miyako said after a moment, indicating the video camera in Koushiro's hands. “Koushiro is taking a look at him for me.”
 
“I ran into Takeru and Yamato while walking to school,” Ken said.
 
“Ah,” everyone said.
 
“So what's Neptune's Rebirth?” Takeru asked.
 
“A movie?” Yamato hazarded a guess.
 
Miyako swelled nearly twice her size with pride. “It's not a movie. It's my new Victor Everio video camera, which holds 40 gigs of hard disk and 5.37 million pixels for CCD, since I have the GZ-MG575 model. It even has a docking station for my computer and comes with its own DVD burner.”
 
No one but Koushiro understood her.
 
“So…it's a video camera…?” Takeru tried to clarify.
 
“It's not *just* a video camera! It's a Victor Ev—”
 
“Okay, okay, we got it,” Yamato cut in. “But what is Neptune…uh, Neptune's…”
 
“Neptune's Rebirth?” Miyako asked. “Of course, that's his name.”
 
“Of course,” Ken said, figuring he'd just cut his losses and start agreeing with everything the girl said.
 
“Who's name?” Takeru asked, unwilling to go down so easy. “Who's `he?'”
 
Miyako gave an exasperated sigh. “My Victor Everio, of course!”
 
“Why didn't you just name it Victor?” Yamato asked sensibly.
 
“What?” Miyako gasped. “And be like all the other people who have one?”
 
“Right,” Ken put in.
 
Both Takeru and Yamato stared at Miyako like she had lost her mind. Miyako merely shrugged. “It's a techno-geek thing.”
 
Koushiro toned down a smile.
 
“Hey, you lazy bums! Get to class!”
 
The group looked up to see Taichi looking down at them from the second floor, his sister Hikari, standing beside him.
 
“Get to class yourself!” Yamato yelled back up to him.
 
“Well, I guess I'll go now,” Takeru said, “since I have first period with Hikari. Hey, Hikari!” Takeru shouted up to her. “Wait for me there! See you guys,” he added to the rest of them. And with one last grin at his brother, Takeru walked up the steps.
 
“Ken!”
 
Ken turned and smiled when he saw Daisuke walking up to him. “Early? You never cease to surprise me.”
 
“Cut the wisecracks, it's too early,” Daisuke said as the first bell rang. “C'mon, I'll walk you to class.”
 
“My hero,” Ken deadpanned, as he waved goodbye to Koushiro, Yamato and Miyako.
 
“I said no wisecracks!” Daisuke whined as the two walked off.
 
“Guess I'll head off, too,” Yamato said. “I'll see you two later.”
 
“See ya,” Miyako said as Yamato walked off. “So what do you think about Neptune, Koushiro? Can you fix him?”
 
“I'm not sure, I'll have to wait until I can look at him better.”
 
Miyako pulled off the bag for the video camera. “Well, I'll let you hold on to him, until then. Is that alright?”
 
“No problem,” Koushiro said. “I'll take a look at him after school today and give you a call later, `kay?”
 
“No problem,” Miyako said, picking up her book bag. “See you!”
 
Koushiro began looking at the video camera again when suddenly someone was calling out to him.
 
“Hey, `Shiro!”
 
Surprised, Koushiro turned his attention back to the second story.
 
“I gotta be at work today at five again,” Taichi was yelling down to him, “so I'll see you after school, okay?”
 
“Alright,” Koushiro returned. **I'll be waiting,** he added in his mind.
 
It was about that time that Koushiro realized it would always be him waiting.
 
----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----
 
Me: Didn't understand a thing Miyako said about her darling Victor Everio? No worries, neither did I. I can't remember the actual site I got my info from, but hey, this nifty camera is supposed to hit the markets sometime this month (February), so if you've got some big bucks to spend, buy one! I would…haha.
Tommy: Please join us for The Tertiary Apportionment!
 
----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----