Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tainted Love ❯ Tainted Love ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Archives:
Nanashi - http://www21.brinkster.com/myladydragon
Mediaminer.org - pen: LadyDragon
Fandomination.net - pen: Lady Dragon
Fanfiction.net - pen: Lady Dragon

Warning: Shounen ai, yoai, angst and lots of it ^_^

Disclaimer: I have yet to pull out an official document that reads: "Ye now owns the rights to Digimon Frontier and all characters therein" from inside a Cracker-Jack box. "Tainted Love" lyrics © Soft Cell, in other words, I'm just borrowing them for a bit I don't actually own them.

Author's Notes: Woo hoo I'm back in the Digimon fandom, and with a shit load of angst to boot!! Anyway this is my first attempt at a Takouji, that's Takuya and Kouji pairing fanfic, and well basically my first attempt at a season 04 fanfiction period. So go easy on me if Takuya seems a bit OOC. ^^;


Tainted Love
By Lady Dragon


"Sometimes I feel I've got to
Run Away I've got to
Get away
From the pain you've driven into the heart of me"


Why are you so cold to me? I've tried everything yet my best doesn't seem to be enough. Sure I'm the one you make love to at night, but its Izumi who makes you blush, who makes you smile. I don't care what the others think of us. But it matters you doesn't it? Maybe you don't make love to me after all. Its just sex to you, I'm just your toy. Good for entertainment but once its broken, into the trash it'll go. Kanabara Takuya, Kouji's toy.

I thought we were to young for this kind of relationship. You just smirked, looking so damn sexy and cool as always and said: "Aren't we to young Takuya, to save the world?" Yes you made sense, forever logical you are ne? If I hadn't agreed would you have chipped away at my resistance, wearing me down anyway, probably? It seemed smarter to just give in. I mean I wanted a relationship with you, and I was willing to have it any way you would.

I do everything I can think of to catch your attention, and to keep it. We're lovers, I shouldn't have to fight for you're your attention every minute of every single day, but I do. Kouji, you hide your feelings for Izumi behind dislike and contempt. But I'll tell you something, something you'll probably never wish to believe, to admit. Your love is like a beacon of light sent from the lighthouse that is your heart. You hide away within it and surround yourself with dark clouds of hatred. Rain of contempt and despair pour down from the dark and looming clouds onto all those who travel through the darkness, searching for that light within you. No matter how hard you try to hide it your love, your kindness, your heart shines through lighting the way to your heart. It cuts across and through the darkness guiding your loved one safely to shore. Problem is, the light keeps passing over me in wide arcs and falling on Izumi. Damn but I must be bummed to be getting all poetic here.

"The love we share
Seems to go nowhere
And I've lost my light
For I toss and turn I cant sleep at night."


Junpei's dense, but give the guy some credit. He's noticed the looks you've tossed Izumi's way when you think no one is looking. Not to sound like Izumi here but what the hell am I to you? Do you even care one iota for me? I care about you and ah hell I do sound like a whiny girl now. Hey maybe that's a good thing, after all you do like her a lot don't you.

This is just one funny game to you, and you said you didn't play with toys. I guessed you lied, just a lie like everything else you said to me. Nothing but a pack of lies ne? Does Izumi know about us? Or would that be a sick thing to tell her something your ashamed of? Go ahead tell Izumi, you can even blame it all on me.

I thought maybe you were upset with my dumb-ass decisions. "Takuya no baka", that's what you always say anyway. We were up against the strongest enemy we'd ever met, Duskmon. I saw how he just swiped through Arbormon like he was a nice plump ham roast, then I imagined it was you. For all your coldness, your cruelness I couldn't imagine being without you. I attacked, I was foolish I know but the thought of loosing you was to strong. Duskmon proved to be even stronger. My Pyro-Tsunami didn't even disturb a single lock of hair or singe a single eyelash much less scratch him. Then you rushed in, as Wolfmon and clashed swords with him. I thought I'd failed you, let you down and was about to watch your death.

"Once I ran to you
No I'll run from you
This tainted love you've given
I give you all a boy could give you
Take my tears and that's not nearly all
Oh…tainted love
Tainted love"


Wolfmon would never go down that easy, I should have knwn you could take care of yourself. You looked back at Valkyriemon and ordered a retreat. For her safety you swallowed your pride and bolted. I could have been lying there broken and bleeding back in my human self and you wouldn't have given a damn. Now that's love for ya, tainted love more like it.

"Now I know I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
You don't really want it anymore from me
To make things right
You need someone to hold you tight
And you'll think love is to pray
But I'm sorry I don't pray that way."

I pretended I was angry that you ran, but I really wasn't angry, not about that anyway. I was angry you didn't care enough about me to ask if I was alright. You just yelled at me, called me irrational, accused me of not thinking of the others. You really meant 'for endangering Izumi' but that's okay I knew what you meant, buddy.

Yup that was the end of us, and the beginning of your 'happily ever after' with the fair Izumi. Damn are you going to ride off into the sunset with her on a white stead as well? Sorry I've been watching to many American movies I guess. Or maybe I heard one to many fairy tales, thought that could be us living in that 'happily ever after' bit.

"Don't touch me please
I cannot stand the way you tease
I love you though you hurt me so
Now I'm going to pack my things and go."



The plan was flawless, we could destroy Duskmon but you'd be safe. That's all I really wanted, for you to be safe. I'd prefer you to be in my arms though, not hers. But I'd decided I could settle for you safe with the one you chose. Just as long as you were safe, but you wouldn't even let me do that would you?

My plan would have worked, we just had to work together! But the great Kouji Minamoto would not agree to the plan. You just had to push me down, never mind that your words always cut me, surer than any sharp bowie knife could. You said "lets take a walk", disgust and resentment dripped, like poisonous venom off a viper's fangs, from your words. The eyes, your posture, you were just so removed from, so unapproachable. Of course she tried to stop us from leaving, and the look she threw at me spoke volumes. "Hands off Takuya."

She knew. You told her didn't you, or did she just figure it out piece by piece? That hurt, I'll admit, that hurt like a bitch. Izumi really did know about us or was it just me? Were my feelings for you that transparent maybe? Of course she thought I was corrupting you, ya know. After all your the legendary warrior of light, pure light. Me, I'm just the corrupted fire of sin. Figures I'm the one at fault here. Ah well hell I did say you could blame it all on me, but I kinda hoped you wouldn't.

We argued and you asked why I was here. To be with you, that's why. Of course I couldn't tell you that, your disgusted with me enough as it is! I asked you to trust me, it was as close as I could get to telling you how much I care. "I won let you get the others hurt, Takuya." But in your own way it sounded like you had some faith in me at last.

Then I screwed up. Kouji, you were right. I couldn't do anything to the guy as FlamingGreymon, what made me think Agunimon would do any better? But he was pinned, and the attacks o four legendary warriors combined should have been enough. It was a stupid plan, I see that now. "Takuya no baka", yeah I agree completely, I'm an idiot.

Prepared to die, my life pathetic as it is, flashing before my eyes, all those devious demented eyes were on me. Duskmon's sword upraised for one clean swipe that would clean my clock out for good. Then I heard voices cutting through the horror, and words they held filled me with a deep sinking dread, like none I'd ever felt before.

"KOUJI!!"

"KOUJI, NO!!"

"KOOUUJII!"

Opening my eyes to see KendoGarurumon in front of me, blocking the attack meant for me. It was my death, my end, and you took it for me. Why Kouji, why for me? To see the strong KendoGarurumon de-digivolve back into my raven-haired love. To watch you fall to the ground, so lifeless and all because of me. You protected me Kouji, even though I caused this mess, endangered us all, you protected me.

"Tainted love, tainted love
Tainted love, tainted love
Touch me baby, tainted love
Touch me baby, tainted love."


Light destroyed by darkness all for the sake of fire? Why, why didn't you protect Izumi? I thought you loved her, not me. Yet you died for me. I'm so sorry Kouji, sorry I never told you that I loved.

"End of the line kid."

Before me sits a DarkTrailmon; he says I can go home. Should I? Should I leave now, Kouji. Of course I should. My love has brought you nothing but pain, but grief. Maybe if I leave, maybe somehow everything will be alright. Somehow you'll be okay and you'll be safe. I know you and the gang can save the digital world and defeat Duskmon, you know why, because they have you Kouji. If I'm gone I know everything will be alright. I guess I was the one giving you the tainted love koibito. Ja nae Kouji, minna. Goodbye.

"Tainted love
Oh…Tainted love
Tainted love"


- OWARI -

Who's the one singing the song, who is the one receiving the tainted love? That's up to you to interpret, because after all everyone views things in a different light.

Alright I'll admit I'm considering writing two other parts to this, one from Kouji's POV and one from Izumi' POV. Why? For the hell of it. I thought it might be kinda interesting to see the story from everyone's point of view. Now I realize Kouji didn't die, but keep in mind Takuya is holding him when darkness sweeps over the battlefield and he lands in the station with the Trailmon. Now if you where in that position as well would't you think your loved one id dead? I know I kinda would.

Anyway critique, bribes, flames, and candy is all very much appreciated and only helps me to improve ne? ^___^