Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Original DigiDestined ❯ Ogremon Strikes Again ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Heromon, you're a Warrior Type Digimon, right?" Jesse asks as he and Heromon stand guard over the others while they rested.

"Yeah, I am," Heromon says as he sharpens his sword, "why do you ask?"

"Well, I noticed that you're technique was a little off," Jesse says.

"Oh, and what do you know of using a sword?" Heromon asks hotly.

"More than you, it seems," Jesse counters just as hotly.

"If I had a sword for you to use, I'd see just how much you know!" Heromon exclaims.

"Quiet down, Heromon," Jesse says cautiously, "Daniel's asleep."

Heromon looks around for a bit. He sees two sticks that are fairly straight and are of a decent size. He goes over to them.

"Hero Sword!" he calls out, slicing through the with his Hero Sword attack. He takes the sticks and hands them to Jesse.

"Use your knife to shape these," he says, "make them resemble swords. We shall use these to test each other's skill with a sword."

Jesse takes out his knife and starts whittling. After working for ten minutes, he has fashioned two fairly strong staffs that are sword length. He hands one over to Heromon.

"Now, shall we begin?" Heromon asks.

"Hey, wait a minute!" James calls out. Apparently he had awakened from his meditation, "wait until our next rest stop. It's time for us to get a move on again."

"Fine," Jesse says, "we need to get used to the balance of our 'swords' anyway."

As the group continues to walk on, Jesse twirls the stick around in his fingers, adjusting himself to its balance and weight.

"You know, you two really argue a lot," James says to Jesse.

"Who?" Jesse asks, "you mean me and Heromon?"

"Yes," James says with a confirming nod, "why do you two argue so much?"

"I don't know," Jesse says with a sigh.

"Well, try not to get hurt when you fight him," James says.

"Hey, he's the one who should worry about getting hurt," Jesse says vehemently.

"He's a Digimon, Jesse," James says, "they are naturally better at fighting than we humans are."

"Not this human," Jesse says, "he has no idea what he's up against."

"And does that seem to worry him?" James asks, "I don't think he has any reason to be worried."

"No reason that he knows of," Jesse says with a smile, "I'll teach him a lesson."

"Do you always have to be right?" James asks.

"Yes," Jesse says, "whats wrong with that?"

"I hope Heromon knocks some sense into that hard head of yours," James says with a sigh, "because you sure need it."

Meanwhile, Pixiemon and Heromon are talking up ahead.

"Heromon, why are you fighting your DigiDestined partner?" Pixiemon asks.

"For pride, I guess," Heromon says, "and because Jesse needs to be taken off of his high horse."

"The human has skill," Pixiemon says, "enough to hold his own in a fight like this one."

"You have to be joking," Heromon laughs, "how can a human compare to a Digimon when it comes to fighting?"

"This will not be a battle of skill and power, but of just skill," Pixiemon says, "and your DigiDestined partner has skill aplenty. Don't get cocky, young Digimon."

"Don't mistake confidence for cockiness," Heromon says blandly

"And you shouldn't mistake what your cockiness for confidence," Pixiemon says.

"We'll just have to wait and see who is right," Heromon says.

"Yes, we shall see," Pixiemon says, "it looks like there's a nicely sized clearing up ahead. We can rest there and you and Jesse can beat each others heads in."

"It looks a little big for what we'll need," Heromon says.

"I think it's a great size," Jesse says, "gives us plenty of room to maneuver."

"I don't think you'll last that long," Heromon says.

"I think I might surprise you, Heromon," Jesse says.

A few minutes later, Jesse and Heromon are facing off. Pixiemon is watching over the fight to make sure neither one seriously hurt the other. Particularly if Heromon attacked with one of his special attacks.

"Are you two sure you want to do this?" Pixiemon asks.

"I'm sure," Jesse says at the same time as Heromon.

The two cross weapons, lowering the blade to each others shoulder. After this gesture of respect, they move into fighting stances. Jesse holds the blade with both hands, the tip pointing out even with his right should. He holds the hilt just in front of his gut. Heromon holds his weapon with one hand, his feet wide apart and the blade of the sword pointing at Jesse. His hand was back behind him.

The two combatants study each other for a moment. Heromon strikes first. Slashing at Jesse's chest, Heromon attacks quickly. But Jesse easily blocks the strike and slides the two blades against each other until the hilts were locked together. With a quick twist, Jesse sends Heromon's weapon flying. But the maneuver leaves him wide open, and Heromon takes the chance to punch Jesse in the gut. Jesse stumbles back, trying to regain his breath. Heromon dives for his weapon, grabbing it in mid-air. When he hits the ground, he rolls and ends up facing Jesse. Not wasting a second, Heromon leaps into the air and strikes at Jesse with a strong downward chop. Jesse jumps out of the way, adjusting himself on the balls of his feet and knocking Heromon away with a sweeping kick to the midsection.

Heromon wasn't expecting the attack and is caught totally off guard. Jesse leaps at him, thrusting his sword at Heromon. The blade slithers right through Heromon's defense. The sword ends up pressing against Heromon's throat.

"As I said, Heromon, your technique was off," Jesse says, panting, "but you do have some potential. Shall I train you so you won't lose due to poor skill?"

"I'll admit that you took me off guard, but you are not as good as you think," Heromon says.

"Actually, you never stood a chance," Pixiemon says, "if Jesse was a Digimon, you would probably be deleted right now."

"That is my opinion as well," Magimon says. The other Digimon nod their heads in agreement.

As the humans and Digimon prepare to start heading for Infinity Mountain again, the ground around them is rocked by an explosion.

"What's going on?" Jesse yells as he falls through a hole in the ground.

Daniel falls through another hole. Tapirmon jumps down after them before the ground seals up.

"What's going on?" Heromon asks.

"I can only think of one Digimon able to do such a thing," Pixiemon says, "Drimogemon."

As if on cue, Drimogemon pops up out of the ground.

"Drimogemon is a Champion level Animal Digimon," Pixiemon Says, "his attacks are Crusher Bone and Iron Drill Spin. He is quite the worthy adversary for other Champion level Digimon."

"Then let's get to it!" Biyomon says.

"Right," Eggmon and Magimon say in unison.

"Biyomon digivolve to Birdramon!" Biyomon calls out as she digivolves.

"Magimon digivolve to Wizardmon," Magimon calls out.

"Eggmon digivolve to Tamamon," Eggmon calls out.

The three Champions and Pixiemon converge on Drimogemon.

'What were they thinking?' Pixiemon wonders in his thoughts, 'sending a single Champion to deal with 3 champions and an Ultimate? Drimogemon isn't that strong.'

"Pixiemon, look out!" Heromonj yells.

Pixiemon dodges just as a dark blast of energy whizzes by him.

"Uh oh, its Gigadramon," Pixiemon says, "Gigadramon is a Android Digimon of the Ultimate level. His Giga Byte Wing and Guilty Wing attacks are quite powerful. He is even more powerful than Megadramon. I don't think even I can beat him on my own."

"You won't have to, Pixiemon," Heromon calls out, "I'll help you tend to this overgrown lizard!"

Heromon jumps up into a tree and then leaps up at Gigadramon.

"Giga Byte Wing!" Gigadramon calls out, sending out the same dark energy attack that he had tried to fry Pixiemon with.

"Pit Bomb!" Pixiemon calls out, deflecting the attack.

"Hero Beam!" Heromon calls out, sending the beam of pure holy energy careening towards Gigadramon's face. The blast hits Gigadramon's face, knocking his head upwards. Pixiemon moves in and strikes him with his staff. The blow his Gigadramon's throat.

Heromon lands on the ground.

"Hero Beam!" he calls out, sending another energy blast at Gigadramon.

But Gigadramon simply swats the attack away.

"You foolish Digimon," he roars, "you are no match for me. Without your human partner, you can't digivolve, and if you can't digivolve, then you are no threat."

"That's what you think!" Heromon yells. He begins to focus all of his energy into his sword.

"Hero Sword!" he calls out, only swinging the sword once. The cutting wave of energy rams right into Gigadramon's chest, stunning him long enough for Pixiemon to finish him off with his Pit Bomb.

Meanwhile, Birdramon, Wizardmon, and Tamamon are battling Drimogemon.

"Chrusher Bone!" Drimogemon calls out, throwing a very large bone at Birdramon. The bone hits Birdramon in the chest, knocking her to the ground.

"Magical Game!" Wizardmon calls out, sending the blast of mystical energy at Drimogemon.

"Blazing Syndrome!" Tamamon calls out, unleashing the fireball at Drimogemon. The two attacks collide with Drimogemon at the same time, knocking him out.

"Well, that takes care of him," Wizardmon says as the other Digimon de-digivolve back to their rookie levels.

"Why are you staying in your Champion form?" Brian asks.

"His Champion form takes very little energy to maintain, " Pixiemon says, "all he needs to do is eat a little and he won't have to waste time digivolving anymore." At that, Brian hands Wizardmon a piece of fruit.

"Gotta keep up your energy," he says with a smile.

"Hey, what happened to Jesse, Brian, and Tapirmon?" Samantha asks, looking around ofr her little brother.

"The ground swallowed them up before Drimogemon appeared!" Heromon cries out. He starts firing his Hero Beam at the ground. The attacks leave small craters in the ground.

"Hold it, Heromon," Pixiemon says, "there are many caves around here. I'm sure they landed in one of them. They'll find a way out."

~Actually~

"I think we're lost," Daniel says sadly to Tapirmon, "and it's very dark. Too dark to really see anything." They hear a groan.

"What was that?" Daniel asks.

"It's just me," Jesse says groggily, "I hit my head when I fell."

"Where are we?" Daniel asks fearfully, "I'm afraid of the dark."

"I think we're in some kind of subterranean cavern," Jesse says after he makes a small torch with dried sticks and brush that had fallen with him.

"What?" Daniel asks.

"We're in an underground cave," Jesse says plainly.

"We'll run out of air!" Daniel cries out, panicking.

"No, it's sure to lead out into the open somewhere," Jesse says, "just stick with me and we'll do fine."

He takes out a piece of string and ties one end to Daniel. He ties the other end to himself.

"This way we won't get separated," Jesse explains as he ties the strong to himself, "now, let's get going."

As the two walk on, they are being watched by Ogremon.

"If I get rid of these two, there's no way the others will be able to defeat Lord Vilemon, even with Pixiemon's help," Ogremon says evilly.

Ogremon runs and gets ahead of Jesse, Daniel, and Tapirmon. As the three reach a large open space, lit by luminous lichens, Ogremon leaps in front of them.

"It's Ogremon!" Daniel cries out.

"I'm here to destroy you little kids," Ogremon says.

"I am not a little kid," Jesse says.

"It doesn't matter," Ogremon says, "I'm still gonna destroy you." With that, he runs at them, ready to strike with his club.

"Bone Cudgel!" he yells, swinging the club down upon the two humans.

"Tapirmon digivolve to Apemon!" Tapirmonc alls out as Daniel's Digivice starts to glow.

In Tapirmon's place stands Apemon. Apemon blocks Ogremon's Bone Cudgel with his Mega Bone Stick.

"Come on Ogremon, me and you, one on one," Apemon says.

"Agreed," Ogremon says, brandishing his Bone Cudgel.