Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Original DigiDestined ❯ Apemon versus Ogremon ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Apemon and Ogremon circle each other. The dull light of the luminous lichen was just enough for them to see each other. Ogremon leaps for Apemon, using his Pummel Whack attack.

"Pummel Whack!" he calls out, smashing with his bone club.

"Mega Bone Stick!" Apemon calls out, blocking Ogremon's attack with his own attack.

"You're strong," Ogremon tells Apemon as the two test each other's strength. Ogremon begins to press more on Apemon, causing Apemon to have to take a few steps back.

"So, you're not as strong as I thought," Ogremon says, "you didn't stand a chance anyway."

"I beg to differ," Apemon says as he ducks and dodges around Ogremon, "you may be stronger, but I'm more agile. We have yet to see who is better."

"I am the strongest Evil Digimon around," Ogremon says, pounding his left fist against his chest, "you have no chance against me." He leaps upon Apemon.

"Pummel Whack!" he calls out, repeatedly slamming his huge fists against Apemon.

"Metallic Fur!" Apemon calls out. His fur coat begins to shine and take on a metallic hue.

"Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!" Ogremon cries in pain before he can stop from punching Apemon 4 times. Rubbing his fists, he starts at Apemon.

"You really are stronger than you look," he says, "but you have yet to see my true strength! Bone Cudgel!" He slams his Bone Cudgel against Apemon, but Apemon blocks the attack with his Mega Bone Stick attack. The two repeatedly strike at each other, using their bone weapons like swords.

"You are strong," Apemon grunts between blows, "but you haven't beaten me yet."

With that, Apemon jumps away from Ogremon and throws his Mega Bone Stick at him. The weapon collides with Ogremon's head, effectively knocking him out.

"Come on, lets go!" Apemon says as he retrieves his weapon, "I don't think he'll be out for long." Apemon, Daniel, and Jesse all run. As Daniel passes Ogremon, he kicks him in the shins.

A few minutes later, Ogremon wakes up. As he stands up, he yelps in pain where Daniel had kicked him.

"Little brats!" he whimpers, "I'm the toughest Evil Digimon around. How could they do this to me? I'll get them for this!"

He take soff running in the direction where he could smell where they went.

Daniel, Jesse, and Apemon were all moving at a pretty fast pace. Jesse had untied the strong from Daniel and handed him over to Apemon, who carried him on his back. Even though he was a human, Jesse was able to keep up with Apemon and they could move a lot faster with Apemon carrying Daniel.

"Those were some pretty good moves back there Apemon," Jesse says between strides.

"Thanks Jesse," Apemon says, "coming from someone who was able to beat a Warrior type Digimon, that is a pretty high complement."

"Perhaps I should teach all of you Digimon how to fight other than with your standard set of attacks," Jesse says, "that way, you can surprise the Evil Digimon with skills they don't know you have and think you shouldn't have."

"Heromon won't be able to surprise them much," Apemon says, "he is a Warrior Type Digimon and is supposed to be constantly improving his style. An old Heromon is supposed to be unbeatable due to his skill."

"Really?" Jesse asks, "well, the Heromon we know will be unbeatable due to what I teach him. And so will the rest of you."

"We don't know what our Ultimate levels will bring," Apemon says, "you may not be able to teach us anything that our Ultimate forms could use."

"Yes, but if your Champion forms can use them, that will be good enough until you can digivolve to Ultimate," Jesse says.

"We'll worry about that when we get back to the others," Daniel says, "right now I just want to get back to my sister."

"I'll get you back to her, Daniel," Jesse says, "I promise."

A few more minutes of running and they come to an intersection.

"Let's go this way," Apemon says, indicating the path to the right.

"No, we'll go left," Jesse says, "smell the air in the left path, Apemon."

Apemon does so.

"It's fresh!" Apemon says joyously.

"Yes, so we'll go this way," Jesse says. Apemon nods in agreement.

Ogremon had gotten himself lost. After trying to take several shortcuts, he ends up in Centarumon's maze.

"What are you doing here?" Leomon demands.

"Uh, I was just, uh, how's it going?" Ogremon stammers.

"Leave this place, Ogremon," Centarumon says, "leave the way you came."

"Ugh, I can't do that," Ogremon says, "its too dark in there and I'm lost."

"I don't think you have a choice," Ogremon says, brandishing his club, "I have a party to go to."

"A party?" Leomon asks.

"Yes, and the main course is the DigiDestined!" Ogremon says, breaking out into a run. He runs past Leomon and Centarumon, knocking Centarumon aside with his Pummel Whack.

Ogremon runs out of the cave as if his life depended on it. And it did, because Leomon would have caught him if he hadn't been restricted to the cave due to Vilemon's spell.

"I'll get those kids, and then I'll come back to finish you off!" Ogremon calls out to Leomon. All Leomon can do is roar in anger.

After walking for another half hour, Jesse, Daniel, and Apemon finally find a way out.

"Well, that was an interesting experience," Jesse says. Apemon lets Daniel off of his back and de-digivolves.

"Whew," Tapirmon says, "I wasn't sure how much longer I could have stayed Apemon. It was such a drain on my energy that I'm surprised I'm not Mokumon again."

"You mean if you run out of energy you'll revert to your In Training Form?" Jesse asks.

"Or even my Baby form," Tapirmon says.

"Incredible," Jesse says, "you Digimon are just plain incredible."

"So what else is new?"

They hear a voice from above them. They look up to see Heromon staring down on them.

"Hey, I found them!" Heromon calls out.

Pixiemon, Samantha, Biyomon, James, Eggmon, Brian, and Wizardmon all come running from a nearby clearing.

"Hey you guys, what happened?" Brian asks while Daniel runs up to Samantha and hugs her.

Jesse and Tapirmon relay their underground adventures to the others. When Jesse mentions training the Digimon, Heromon is the only one not happy.

"I still say I don't need training from you!" Heromon says hotly.

"Fine, you don't have to take part in the lessons," Jesse says, "train under Pixiemon instead."

"You do need training, Heromon," Pixiemon says.

"Fine, I'll train under Pixiemon," Heromon says.

With that, the Digimon except for Heromon and Pixiemon gather around Jesse to start learning. Pixiemon and Heromon went to a nearby clearing to train together.