Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Original DigiDestined ❯ Explanations and Revelations ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After a few days, Eggmon and Biyomon had developed new skills. Tapirmon would digivolve into Apemon and join Wizardmon that Jesse would give the Champions. Heromon continued to stubbornly trained with Pixiemon.

"Jesse, I think its time that we try and take on Vilemon again," Brian says, "because I'm sure that our parents and friends have started wondering what happened to us by now."

"You got a point, Brian," Jesse says, "but what do you think they'll think if we fail to even defeat Vilemon? We'll be dead, and they may never know."

"You have a point, Jesse," Brian says, "but we have to go to Infinity Mountain. We're the DigiDestined! We can't lose!"

"Actually, you can lose," Pixiemon says, "but you are our best hope."

"4 teenagers and a kid are the best hope for the Digital World?" Jesse asks skeptically.

"Not just the Digital World, but your world as well," Pixiemon says, "and all of the other worlds."

"What?" James asks, "there are other worlds besides the Digital World and our world?"

"Yes," Pixiemon says with a nod, which looked kinda funny since he is just about a head with arms, legs and wings, "there are many other worlds besides this one. The Digital World and your world are the most important, because they are the most closely connected. Whatever happens here in the Digital World will affect your world somehow." He twirls his staff. A strange light starts to appear and take a shape.

"You see, the Digital World is made up of data from your world, the real world, and it takes on a shape here," Pixiemon explains as the light takes the shape of two spheres, one of them easily recognizable as Earth.

"This one, as you can probably tell, is your world, the real world," Pixiemon says, pointing his staff at Earth, "this, is the Digital World. As you can see, it bears many similarities to your own world."

"But how is that possible?" Brian asks.

"Because the Digital World is made up of bits of data from your world. All the things you see here that remind you of your world are pieces of fractured data," Pixiemon explains.

"Wait, that doesn't make sense," James says, "you mean we're all just bits of data?"

"Precisely!" Pixiemon says.

"Now I'm even more confused," James moans.

"It's okay, James," Brian says, resting a hand on James' left shoulder, "I think we're all a little bit confused."

""Well, I must say that this is all very interesting," Jesse says as he eats an apple, "but I am beginning to agree with Brian. We do need to start heading for Infinity Mountain."

"Then let us go," Pixiemon says, "but I must warn you: Vilemon has a way to neutralize me if I try to take part in the battle. So I can't help you when you fight him."

"That's okay," Brian says, "we'll take care of him ourselves."

"I hope we can," James says.

"We can," Samantha says, "they don't stand a chance with what Jesse has been teaching our Digimon."

"Please, you give me too much credit," Jesse says, "they have exceptional natural fighting abilities. I just improved what they already knew. It would have taken them far too long fighting on their own to get as strong as they are. They had the strength, I just helped them refine their skill."

"Jesse, if you were a Digimon you would have to be an Ultimate level with the kind of power you would have," Pixiemon says.

"I said you give me too much credit!" Jesse exclaims, "I just helped them use what they already have! They would have reached the level of abilities that they are at sooner or later."

"Fine, we'll let this discussion end," Brian says, "we don't need to argue amongst ourselves."

Without another word, the group starts heading for Infinity Mountain once again. As they walked that way, Jesse notice's something about James' Digimon.

"Hey James," Jesse says, tapping James on the shoulder, "have you noticed that, like Magimon staying Wizardmon, Eggmon is staying in his Champion for of Tamamon."

"Yeah, I noticed that," James says, "I wonder why?"

"Because, Tamamon says, "like Wizardmon, I do not eat a lot of food while in this form, and I don't consume a lot of energy. Unlike Birdramon and Apemon, I don't use a tremendous amount of energy while in my Champion form."

"So what?" Tapirmon asks, "I am much better at close range fighting than any of you except for Heromon while I am Apemon."

"You still have to digivolve though," Tamamon says bluntly, "and that takes up energy better used while fighting."

"We'll get better," Tapirmon says.

"Meanwhile, we can always rely on Heromon to digivolve to Warriormon and save the day," Daniel says happily.

"He may be able to take on Vilemon on his own, without digivolving to Warriormon," Pixiemon says, "he's grown quite strong these past few days."

"Wow, that is strong," Jesse says.

"You would be stronger if you were a Digimon," Pixiemon says to Jesse.

"I told you to quit saying that!" Jesse says vehemently, "I am not a Digimon and never will be."

The rest of their walk to Infinity Mountain is silent.