Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Original DigiDestined ❯ Ogremon Again? ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After cleaning up from their meal, the DigiDestined and their Digimon, along with Pixiemon, begin their ascent up Infinity Mountain.

"This is one tall mountain," James groans after their have been climbing for an hour.

"Hence the name, Infinity Mountain," Brian says.

"Its named wrong," Jesse says, "it doesn't go up into infinity. We can see the tip from the ground."

"True," Pixiemon says, "but it was named Infinity Mountain for another reason. An ancient power was once kept here. Its power was limitless. It went on forever."

"What happened to this power?" Daniel asks.

"It split into several pieces," Pixiemon says, "and those pieces became the Crests and something else."

"Something else?" Heromon asks.

"Yes," Pixiemon nods, "something like the Crests, but different and much more powerful."

"What is it?" Samantha asks.

"No one knows for sure," Pixiemon says cryptically, "but it is said that this power is more important in the battles to come than that of the Crests."

"Why are we talking about this right now?" Brian demands, "we should be concentrating on the battle to come."

"Brian, talking sure beats being driven crazy with the monotony of this climb," Jesse says, "if we weren't talking, I would have already started hitting the rocks. Then again, I need something to wake me up. I'm a little exhausted."

Without another word, Jesse hits the side of Infinity Mountain with his left fist. After seeing Jesse's duel with Heromon and how he had trained the other Digimon, the group half expected the mountain to come crashing down around them. Instead, a passageway opens to the inside of the mountain.

"What is this?" Jesse asks as he nurses his hand.

"Why did you do that?" Brian demands.

"My left hand was numb," Jesse says, "so I hit the wall to send a little bit of pain though my nerves."

"Stupid," Samantha and Heromon mutter in unison.

"What is this, Pixiemon?" Daniel asks as he peers into the passage.

"It appears to be a passage into Infinity Mountain," Pixiemon says, "I think we had better explore it."

"No way!" Brian exclaims, "we gotta keep climbing Infinity Mountain so we can stop Vilemon."

"We'll do both," Jesse says, "you guys continue climbing Infinity Mountain. Heromon and I will see what is inside of this cave."

"No way, we all need to stay together!" Brain says, standing up to the older boy.

"Brian, we cannot afford to leave an unknown to our backs," Jesse says.

"Jesse is right," Pixiemon says, "I can sense a great power lying at the end of this passage. But Brian is also right in that we need to continue to climb Infinity Mountain."

"I'll go down the passageway then," Brian says, "Wizardmon and I can take care of ourselves."

"No, Heromon and I will go," Jesse says.

"Who says either of you guys should go?" Samantha demands, arms crossed across her chest.

"Well, you can't go Samantha because if Biyomon needed to digivolve, there might not be enough room," Jesse says, "Birdramon is just too large. Brian can't go because this place is too new and he might not be able to take care of himself, even though Apemon will probably be small enough to fit in anywhere they go."

"What about me and Eggmon?" James asks.

"Tamamon is good, but he doesn't have the fighting ability needed in close quarters combat," Jesse says, "only Heromon and myself have those qualities."

"But how will you see?" Brian demands, "Wizardmon could create a light for me and him to use, and he's even smaller than James and Samantha are!"

"No, Jesse is right," Pixiemon says, "the Digimon that needs to go down that path needs to be able to fight in close quarters close range combat, and Heromon is the only one among us who can do that in both his Rookie and Champion forms and take care of himself and his partner no matter what enemy we find in there, if any."

"But how will you see?" Brian asks Jesse.

"Well," Jesse begins, "it appears that there are some kind of luminous lichens growing in this cave, giving it an eerie glow. It'll be sufficient for us to see with."

"Come on Jesse, lets go," Heromon says as he starts down the passage.

"Don't worry, we'll be okay," Jesse says with a smile. After that, he runs down the passage to catch up with Heromon.

"Why do I have the feeling we just sealed the fate of the Digital World?" Pixiemon thinks to himself with a glum look on his face.

As the four remaining DigiDestined and Pixiemon resume their climb up Infinity Mountain, they hear a small rock slide. They turn around to see that Ogremon and a group of strange looking Digimon had sealed up the passage by busting up the walls.

"Jesse!" Brain cries out.

"Magical Game!" Wizardmon calls out as he sends his attack of magical energy at Ogremon.

"Pummel Whack!" Ogremon calls out as he sends a punch of pure force to collide with Wizardmon's attack.

"Spiral Twister!" Biyomon calls out.

Eggmon takes a good look at some of the rock-like Digimon.

"Those are Gotsumon!" he exclaims once he recognizes them, "they are Rookie level Rock Digimon. Their Rock Fist attack is really stings. They won't be too much of a problem."

Then he takes a look at the other Digimon with Ogremon.

"But those Garbagemon will be a problem!" Eggmon exclaims, "Garbagemon are Ultimate level Mutant Digimon. They smell almost as bad as they look. Their Junk Chunker attack really makes you wanna throw up."

As if on cue, the Garbagemon fire their Junk Chunker's at the group.

"Eggmon digivolve to Tamamon!" Eggmon calls out.

"Blazing Syndrome!" he calls out, frying the Garbagemon's attacks mid-air.

"Tapirmon digivolve to Apemon!" Tapirmon calls out. Once he has digivolved, he leaps for Ogremon, who eagerly engages him in bone to bone combat.

"Biyomon digivolve to Birdramon!" Biyomon calls out.

The Gotsumon enter the fray.

"Rock Fist attack!" the 5 Rookies call out, launching stones at the DigiDestined from their heads.

"Magical Game!" Wizardmon calls out, blasting their attacks back with his own attack.

"Meteor Wing!" Birdramon calls out, sending the volley of fireballs at the Garbagemon. The fireballs hit them, causing them to explode.

"Mega Bone Stick!" Apemon calls out, sending Ogremon's Bone Cudgel flying.

"You'll pay for that," Ogremon whines, "just you wait till you fight Lord Vilemon. He'll make you pay for this."

The Gotsumon have already retreated.

"Will that be cash, credit, or checking account?" Brain asks jokingly.

"Just you wait, you cocky little kid," Ogremon snarls, "the master will show you who's boss around here."

As he runs off, Birdramon, Tamamon, and Apemon de-digivolve.

"Man, I sure hope Jesse and Heromon survived that," James says mournfully

"I wish there was time to waste digging, but I'm sure Jesse and Heromon made it out okay," Brian says, "and even if they didn't, they would have wanted us to go on."

"That's right," Daniel says, "so lets go get Vilemon! If this attack killed Jesse and Heromon, we'll be the ones making him pay!"

"Well then, lets go!" Brains says as he starts running up the mountain.

"You gotta admire his spirit," Pixiemon says as he follows.

'But I sure do hope Jesse and Heromon made it out okay,' Pixiemon thinks.