Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Original DigiDestined ❯ Battle Atop Infinity Mountain ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Hey, I think we're at the top!" Brian calls out.

As the others catch up to him, they see a small palace.

"What is this place?" Samantha asks in wonderment.

"This is the Palace of Darkness!" Vilemon calls out as he steps out from the Palace.

"Vilemon," Pixiemon hisses.

"Ah, Pixiemon," Vilemon says with an evil smirk, "your presence will not help these DigiDestined fools. Nightmare Shocker!"

He attacks Pixiemon with a blast of dark energy from his claws.

"Aaah!" Pixiemon cries out in pain. Pixiemon collapses, his energy drained.

"You'll pay for that!" Brian yells.

"Tapirmon digivolve to Apemon!" Tapirmon calls out.

"Eggmon digivolve to Tamamon!" Eggmon calls out.

"Biyomon digivolve to Birdramon!" Biyomon calls out.

"Meteor Wing!" Birdramon calls out as she attacks.

"Blazing Syndrome!" Tamamon calls out as he attacks.

"Metallic Fur!" Apemon calls out with his attack.

"Magical Game!" Wizardmon calls out.

The attacks hit Vilemon, making him flinch.

'How can they be this strong already?' Vilemon thinks, 'its just not possible!'

The Digimon attack Vilemon again.

"Meteor Wing!" "Magical Game!" "Blazing Syndrome!" "Metallic Fur!"

The four attacks hit Vilemon, this time driving him back with his feet scraping the floor.

"You DigiDestined and your pathetic Digimon are no match for me!" Vilemon roars as he attacks with his Nightmare Shocker. Wizardmon jumps in front of the dark energy attack.

Thunder Blaster!" he calls out, using his magic to shield everyone from the attack. But doing this drains him slightly.

"Meteor Wing!" "Blazing Syndrome!"

The two attacks distract Vilemon as Apemon runs up and attacks.

"Mega Bone Stick!" he calls out as he hits Vilemon with his club as hard as he can. Vilemon flinches at the force of the blow.

"Nightmare Shocker!" Vilemon calls out, knocking Apemon away with the attack.

"He's too strong!" Daniel cries out, "we still can't beat him!"

"If only Jesse were here," James says, "then we'd have Warriormon to help us fight."

"Pit Bomb!" Pixiemon calls out, hitting Vilemon with his attack.

The ensuing explosion knocks Vilemon back some distance.

"Blazing Syndrome!" "Meteor Wing!"

Vilemon tries to dodge the two attacks, but they really hurt him. He is showing signs of fatigue, but so are the other Digimon.

"MAGICAL GAME!" Wizardmon yells, using all of his energy to attack Vilemon.

The attack decimates Vilemon.

"You may have beaten me, DigiDestined, but you'll never defeat my master or his other servants!" Vilemon cackles as he makes a run for it.

"He's getting away!" Brian yells.

"Leave him," Mikomon says, "my Magical Game weakened him to a point where he'll never be a problem again. And if Jesse and Heromon are with us again by then, then he'll have no chance at beating us."

"I guess you're right," Brian says as he goes to pick up Mikomon.

Birdramon, Tamamon, and Apemon de-digivolve into Yokomon, Lipomon, and Mokumon.

"You guys did great!" Daniel cries out as he runs to pick up Mokumon.

"Yeah, it looks like your training with Jesse really paid off," Samantha says as she picks up Yokomon.

"Lipomon, you need to lose some weight," James says as he picks up Lipomon.

Then they hear Vilemon screech.

"I'll destroy you!"

The group looks at each other, then run to see what was happening.

~Meanwhile, Earlier~

"Man, what do you suppose caused that cave in, Jesse?" Heromon asks his panting human partner.

"I don't know, Heromon, " Jesse says betweens gasps for air, "but we're lucky to have survived."

"Well, we can't get out the way we came in, so we'll have to go on if we are to have a chance at getting out," Heromon says.

"Yep," Jesse agrees, "lets go buddy."

As the two walk down the passage, Jesse notices that the walls are covered in strange writing.

"Hey Heromon, what is this writing?" he asks.

"I'm not sure," Heromon says (A/N: It's the same symbols that intrigued Izzy all throughout Season 01.), "but it certainly doesn't look harmful."

"Hey, I think I see a different light source up ahead!" Jesse exclaims. He starts running.

"Hey Jesse, wait up!" Heromon says as he rushes to catch up with his partner.

When they reach the light, Jesse stops in amazement. Heromon comes up behind him, head bowed down and panting, so he doesn't see what Jesse sees just yet.

"Jesse, for a non-Digimon, you sure are fast," Heromon pants.

No answer.

"Jesse?" Heromon asks, finally looking up. Then he too, is struck dumb with amazement.

Before him is a pedestal with a sword on it. It has the same strange writing on it, but there is a symbol of a different kind grafted onto the pedestal.

"What is that?" Jesse asks, pointing to the symbol.

"It's the Digital Symbol for Honor!" Heromon says.

"Say what?" Jesse asks.

"Every year, Digimon from all over the Digital World gather and fight in a tournament. The most honorable combatant gets a medal with the Digital Symbol of Honor on it to show that they showed unsurpassed honor towards their opponents, be they Evil Digimon or otherwise," Heromon explains, "but why it is on that pedestal is beyond me."

Jesse walks up to the pedestal and puts his hand on the sword's hilt. The moment Jesse touches the hilt, the room is bathed in light. When the light dies away, Jesse is holding the sword and its scabbard in his hands, looking at it with amazement.

"Hey Heromon, now I have a sword as well," Jesse says.

"Hey Jesse, I see an exit," Heromon says, "but I feel an overpowering evil down the path. Perhaps I should digivolve."

"That would be a wise choice," Jesse says, holding his Digivice to Heromon.

Heromon is bathed in digivolving light.

"Heromon digivolve to Warriormon!" Heromon calls out.

"Okay Jesse, let's go," Warriormon says as he heads down the path in front of Jesse.

As the two go down the path, they eventually come to an opening that leads to the outside of Infinity Mountain.

When they exit, they see Apemon, Wizardmon, Tamamon, and Birdramon attacking Vilemon.

They watch as Wizardmon strikes a mortal blow to Vilemon. As they cheered their friends on, they see Vilemon run. Right in their direction.

"Be ready Warriormon," Jesse whispers.

"I was born ready," Warriormon says as he draws his sword.

Vilemon rounds the final corner and comes face to face with Jesse and Warriormon.

"But Ogremon said you were buried in a rock slide!" Vilemon protests.

"Sounds like Ogremon is as stupid as he looks," Jesse says with a smirk.

Vilemon looks at what Jesse is holding. His eyes widen in terror.

'The Crest Weapon of Honor,' he thinks, 'but how did this HUMAN find it. If he figures out how to use it, it could mean big trouble for the Master.'

"I'LL DESTROY YOU!," Vilemon screeches.

He lunges at Jesse, ready to strike him down. But Warriormon steps between them and slices Vilemon in half with his Warrior Sword attack. Vilemon slowly disintegrates.

"As I told your friends, you may be able to defeat me, but you'll never defeat my master or his other servants," Vilemon says evilly, "I was just a mere flunky. His other servants are much more powerful than I could ever be."

"Maybe so, but you won't live to see that," Jesse says coldly as the last bits of Vilemon disintegrate.

"Hey Jesse, Warriormon, you're alive!" they hear Brian call from above them. Warriormon de-digivolves back into Heromon as he and Jesse look to see their friends running towards them.