Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Original DigiDestined ❯ Tags and Revelations ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Well, DigiDestined, you certainly did a good job," Pixiemon says as the group walks into the Palace of Darkness to find their Tags, "but you must remember there are many dangers ahead that even I could not face without fear. And yet you must face them."

"We're not afraid," Brian boasts, "I'll bet by the time we meet up against each of the Beast of Darkness' flunkies, we'll have grown too strong for it."

"Shut up, Brian," Jesse says crossly, "lets just find out Tags so we can start looking for our Crests." He brandishes his newly acquired sword. Pixiemon takes one look at it and stops.

"Where did you find that?" Pixiemon manages to whisper.

"Down that tunnel Heromon and I went down," Jesse replies, a quizzical look on his face, "why, is something wrong?"

"No, its just that you hold in your hands there the Crest Weapon of Honor," Pixiemon says.

"You mean I've already found my Crest?" Jesse demands.

"no, but a Crest Weapon works very similar to a Crest," Pixiemon says, "it will give your Digimon more power so it can digivolve higher, as well as protect you. That is the Crest Weapon of Honor, perhaps the most powerful Crest Weapon in existence."

"Wow," Jesse says, "cool."

"If you can learn how to harness its power, you can fight alongside your Digimon against the forces of Darkness.," Pixiemon says.

"You mean we can fight them ourselves, instead of having our Digimon do all of the fighting?" Brian asks.

"Yes, but DigiDestined who are supposed to be able to use the Crest Weapons are rare," Pixiemon says, "as rare among DigiDestined as being a DigiDestined is among humans. And since Jesse found it, he will obviously have the potential to use it. The question is, does he had the willpower to use it?"

"Of course I do!" Jesse protests, "I have to. We may need it desperately soon."

"How true that is," Pixiemon says, "because Vilemon was just the tip of the iceberg."

"We can handle it," Jesse says, "all we need is a bit more training before we go looking for the Crests and we'll be all set."

"I'm afraid there isn't time," Pixiemon says, "you must go to the continent of Server to meet someone who will help you gain you're Crests."

"Server?" James asks. You could look at him and tell that wheels were spinning within his head, thinking of something.

"Yes, a continent to the west of here," Pixiemon explains, "its where my home is, as well as a group of friends who have been plotting to bring down the Beast of Darkness."

"If they are doing that, then I guess we're their allies," Brian says.

"Much needed allies," Pixiemon says, "because they are unable to fight."

"Then we'll fight for them," Brian says.

"Know don't even know them and you're putting your life in their hands?" Samantha asks, "not to mention ours, whom you barely know at all."

"Well, I figured you would see it my way," Brian says.

"Is there anything else you can tell us about the Crest Weapons?" James asks Pixiemon.

"There is supposed to be more Crest Weapons, but I'm not sure how many," Pixiemon says.

"Well, maybe we'll find one or two on our way to Server," Brian says.

"Just one problem," Jesse says grimly.

"And whats that?" Brian asks.

"How do we get to Server?" Jesse simply says.

"Aren't we forgetting the Tags?" Daniel asks.

"Yeah, lets go get the Tags, then go visit Centarumon and Leomon," James says.

The group walks back up the path and into the Palace of Darkness.

"Man, I can feel the evil emanating from this place," Jesse says.

"This is the first place that the Beast came to when he entered the Digital World," Pixiemon says, "I'm afraid he has forever tainted this place in the name of the powers of Darkness."

"Why did he come here?" Jesse asks.

"No one knows," Pixiemon says, "but after you found the Crest Weapon of Honor, he may have come to consolidate his power here to keep you from getting it and using it against him since he couldn't use it."

"Then it may be possible that other places he or his minions have consolidated power have Crest Weapons there as well!" Heromon exclaims.

"It is possible," Pixiemon says, "but there are a dozen strongholds just as well defended as this one was."

"Any with someone like Vilemon?" James asks.

"I haven't gotten close to any of them," Pixiemon says, "so I don't know."

"Hey guys, I think I found something!" Tapirmon calls out.

The group rushes over to where Tapirmon was.

Before them were 5 small boxes. Each one had a strange light emanating from it but it appeared to be dying down.

"Be careful," Pixiemon warns, "Vilemon cast a powerful warding spell on these objects. They must contain the Tags. Unfrotunately, we'll have to wait for the spells energy to die down. That could take up to a hundred years though."

"A hundred years?!" the humans yelp in unison.

"I can't wait that long!" Jesse says, as he draws the Crest Weapon of Honor, "I'll just cut through that spell with this sword."

"Jesse wait," Pixiemon begins, but it is too late. Jesse has already struck at the glowing barrier that separated them from the boxes. The blade passes right through the barrier. The barrier begins to fizzle and fade, eventually phasing out of existence.

'Amazing,' Pixiemon thinks, 'apparently Jesse was able to use the power of the Crest Weapon of Honor somehow to nullify the spell.'

"Well, lets get our Tags," Jesse says, reaching for the box that was colored silver.

Daniel reaches for the box that was blue in color.

Brian reaches for the box that was orange in color.

Samantha reaches for the box that was greenish-blue in color.

James reaches for the box that was bronze in color.

As each of the humans touch a box, the boxes glow the color that the box was. When the glowing fades, around the neck of each human is what appears to be a Tag. Each one has a slot for something to go into.

"Are these the Tags?" James asks Pixiemon.

"Yep," Pixiemon nods, which is still funny to look at since he is practically a head with arms, legs, wings, and a staff, "those are the Tags. Now lets go see Leomon and Centarumon."

As the gang walks down Infinity Mountain, Heromon looks back at the palace.

'Why do I have the feeling we'll be returning here someday?' he asks himself.

"Hey Heromon, catch up or we leave ya behind!" Jesse calls out.

"Just try it!" Heromon growls as he runs to catch up with the others.