Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Original DigiDestined ❯ Journey to Server ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"It is good that you defeated Vilemon," Leomon says when the DigiDestined and Pixiemon arrive, "but as Pixiemon said, you must now go to server to help save the Digital World."

"But how do we get to server?" James asks, "where is Server?"

Centarumon opens up a chest and pulls out a scroll. It turns out to be a map when he unfolds it.

"Here is File Island," he says, pointing to a dot, "here is the continent of Server."

"What?!" Jesse yelps, "according to this map, its a thousand miles to Server!"

"What is the problem?" Leomon asks.

"Even if we could build a boat, it would take us several weeks to get to Server," Jesse says.

"That is why we have contacted Whamon," Centarumon says, "he'll help get you to Server."

"Who's Whamon?" Daniel asks.

"A giant Digimon who swims the seas, "Leomon says, "he is one of the most powerful sea Digimon, so you won't have to worry about being attacked while on your way to Server. No Digimon in its right mind would attack Whamon. Not only because he's so strong, but because he's so gentle other Digimon come to rescue him whenever he's in danger."

"Sounds like we're in good hands," Brian says.

"Just one problem," Tapirmon says.

"What is that?" Brian asks.

"We're hungry!" the Digimon say in unison.

A few days later, the DigiDestined, their Digimon, Leomon, Centarumon, Andromon, and Pixiemon were all standing on a beach.

In the distance, they can see what appears to be a small landmass heading for the beach.

"What is that?" Brian asks.

"That is Whamon," Leomon says.

"Wow, he's big," Daniel says in awe as Whamon comes closer.

"He's like a whale," Jesse says when he is able to properly see Whamon.

"He is Whamon, a Champion level Sea Animal Digimon," Andromon says, "roams the oceans of the Digital World because he has nothing else to do. His Blasting Spout and Tidal Wave attacks are feared throughout the seven seas."

"Hello there!" Whamon calls out. Jesse immediately smiles at how friendly Whamon sounds.

"Hello yourself!" Jesse calls out.

"Well, so you're the DigiDestined," Whamon says, "I'm still amazed that Vilemon was beaten. I guess you never can tell what will happen."

"Believe it, " Heromon says, "and I defeated him all on my own."

Jesse hits Heromon upside the head.

"The others weakened him first," Jesse says, "he simply would have escaped to pester us again if we hadn't been in his escape path. He simply underestimated you. If he had known you could have beaten him in his weakened state, he would have run off again."

"Maybe so, but I'm still the one who defeated him in the end," Heromon says.

Jesse hits Heromon upside the head again.

"Are we gonna have to separate you two?" Samantha demands, hands on her hips.

"Probably," Jesse smirks.

"Definitely," Heromon say, mirroring Jesse's smirk.

Whamon opens his mouth.

"Shall we be on our way?" he asks.

"You mean we're to ride inside of you like that?" Samantha demands.

"Well, you could possibly ride on top of me, but then we'd have a problem if we do get attacked and I have to go underwater to escape," Whamon says.

"We'll take our chances," Jesse says, "our Digimon can hold anything off long enough for us to get inside."

The DigiDestined and their Digimon climb aboard Whamon with their supplies. Pixiemon joins them.

"Well, so long everybody!" Brian calls out as Whamon beings to depart, "maybe we'll see you again before we leave the Digital World!"

"Good luck, DigiDestined!" Leomon calls out, "and be careful!"