Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Talk To Me Radio ❯ It's MINE!!!! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Talk To Me Radio!

Chapter One

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon so please don't sue! I do own this fanfic though so please don't steal it!

Author's notes: Hey, my other Digimon fic kinda floundered, though I'm still going to try and continue it. This is mainly a Ken+Miyako fic, but it will have some other pairing as well. Please enjoy the story and review!

~Chapter One~

"I'm am so broke, it's not even funny…" Miyako sighed as she flopped on to her couch. "I need a job and I need one…now." She picked up the day's newspaper and looked through it for any want ads, and right there in black and white was the job that would give her the money she needed. "Talk To Me Radio… That's it! I'll be a radio talk show host!" She giggled with delight. "Let's see…the interview is tomorrow. I'll go when classes are over." She decided.

***

On the other side of town Ken was dealing with the same problem. "If I don't get a job soon, I won't be able to keep up with my rent payments." He mumbled as he got his keys out of his pocket. When he lifted his head to unlock the door he spotted a flyer on the bulletin board next to his door. He unpinned it from the board and read it more closely. "Talk to Me Radio." He shrugged. "I suppose I could pull that off. Pays well too. All I have to do is actually get the job." He folded the flyer up and shoved it in his pocket as he went into his apartment.

***

After classes the next day Miyako was talking with Daisuke, Takeru, Hikari and Iori about her interview. "So, you sit and talk about whatever?" Iori clarified.

"Yup." Miyako replied.

"So, then it's the perfect job for you!" Daisuke grinned.

"Shut up you brat. At least if I get the job I won't be like… `Hikari! I love you!' all the time." Miyako jabbed Daisuke in the ribs.

"I wouldn't do that!" He denied. "No, wait, yes I would…"

"Oh brother…" The others all sighed.

"Sorry guys, but I need to get going. The interviews in half an hour." Miyako explained.

"Well, don't let us keep you waiting." Hikari replied.

"Bye!" She smiled and started off. She turned back to them. "Wish me luck!"

"Luck!" The others cried.

***

"Oh man!" Miyako cried, running a hand through her hand. She had just missed the train to the radio station and she frantically paced, waiting for the next one. "I'm going to be late!"

Finally the train came and Miyako got on hoping it was an express.

Fortunately it was and she got into the station just in time. But as she did a young man with dark, short purple hair and dark colored eyes. "Excuse me." He said politely and walked into the interview room.

"Wait a minute." Miyako called. "But I have and interview now." She said.

"That's not possible." He chuckled. "I have one now."

"No I do!" Miyako insisted.

"What's going on!?" They both demanded from the person sitting at the desk.

The man was short and slightly chubby. The top of his head was bald but he had hair near his ears and at the back of his head. He woke a small pair of silver rimmed glasses and a white dress shirt, red tie with black slacks. He typed something into his computer and sighed. "Oh dear. It seems I scheduled both of you for an interview, and I'm afraid I only have time to interview one of you." He informed them.

"What!?" Miyako gasped. "You mean I ran as fast as I could to catch a train here and you can't interview me."

"Well thank-you for letting me take the interview Miss." The young man said.

"Oh no! I didn't say that! I'm taking this interview whether you like it or not!" Miyako was now infuriated and her face was bright red from anger.

"Well I'm not about to give it up either! I need to money to pay for my apartment!" Ken shouted.

"What do you think I'm here for!?" Miyako refused to give up. "My entire life is on the line here!"

"My life is in way more jeopardy than yours ever will be!"

"And just how do you know that Mr. Hotshot!?"

"You have the job." The man at the desk said.

"Who? Me?" Miyako said with a hopeful smile as she faced the man.

"You must mean me." The boy spun around too with a hopeful face as well.

"I mean both of you." The man adjusted his glasses and stood up. "You two have the chemistry. That's what we need. We need energetic young people. We were only looking for one person but you two are great together! Can you both start tomorrow?" He chuckled.

The two young adults gaped at the man like he was crazy. `He's got to be kidding! Me work with this jerk!?' Miyako thought. "Oh course!" Was all she could say.

`He wants me to work with this airhead? Feh." Ken thought but he too agreed.

"Good! Then I'll see you tomorrow at 9:00 sharp." The man smiled. "My name is Hikari Tokiyama." He informed them.

Both of them nodded and left.

As they left the building Miyako sighed. "I don't believe this!" She tossed her hands up in the air. She brought her hands down and sighed again. She glanced over at her new `partner'. "What's your name anyways?" She asked.

"Ken Ichijouji." He replied simply. "And you?"

"Miyako Inoue." She smirked. She spun around and faced him. "Now I just want to get one thing straight." She pointed straight at him. "I really didn't feel like working with anyone on this. I'm more of the solo type with this. You stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours and everything should be fine."

"Sounds good to me." Ken shrugged and turned away. "It's fine…fine."

"Fine." Miyako huffed and walked to catch her train.

***

"So what's the name of the guy you're working with?" Hikari asked. She and Miyako were walking home together.

"His name is Ken Ichijouji. He's such a pain." She rolled her eyes. `I really shouldn't be talking though. I really didn't get to know him very well.' She thought. `Ah well.'

"What!?" Hikari's eyes bugged out. "You get to work with Ken Ichijouji!? The Ken Ichijouji!?"

"What's your problem?" Miyako asked. "Do you know him or something?"

"Do I know him!? He's only like to most famous genius there is in Japan! He's always in the news and junk!"

"Hikari, you know I never watch the news." Miyako sweatdropped.

"Well you should!" Hikari giggled. "Then you'd know who not to pick a fight with!"

"Hey!" Miyako puffed her cheeks. "He's not so tough you know. He may be smart but he's still just a wimp! Not to mention a jerk!"

"Look," Hikari muffled another laugh. "I need to go and so do you. Go home, get ready for your job and try not to fight too much." She walked away a bit. "Bye!" She waved and went into her apartment building, which was down the road from Miyako's.

Miyako sighed and walked to her own apartment. "I need a bubble bath." She sulked.

Notes: Well I keeping the first chap short so I hope you like it! Should I continue?