Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tamers No More ❯ Snap, Crackle, Pop! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Night. A small building in the big city. A small figure is climbing up a fire escape. The figure, a tiny digimon to be exact, is cursing to himself. The plot had been simple. Impmon had decided it was time to get even with the irritating brats and their brain-dead digimon. His fun had been spoiled too many times by them when they had digivolved and sent him running. Despite his boasting, Impmon knew he was no match for any of them when they digivolved. It had occurred to him that the reason they could do that wasn't because of them having tamers. It was the D-arcs they carried. If they didn't have those, that he'd be free to do what ever he felt like. And, if he screwed with it a bit he might just figure out how to use it on himself. Or failing that, smash it good.

After a quick jaunt up the fire escape Impmon reached the window of the goggle kid. Cautiously, Impmon pressed his face up against the glass and peered in. He had pecked into human's houses like this before and as he suspected the human Takato was no different. Junk and other human crap littered the floor. Everything was messy and unkempt. It was just like every other human kid's room. The kid himself was sleeping comfortably in his bed, totally unaware of Impmon's spying. Not wanting to wake him, as that would screw up everything, Impmon gently lifted the window open, the lock no match for the digimon. Impmon hoped out of the window frame and started to search the room for where the D-arc might be. The easiest place, the dresser right in front of him was obviously bare.

"Make this hard for me why don't ya…" Impmon mumbled to himself. The next likely spot was in the draws of his nightstand.

First one: nothing but junk. Candy, trash, the strange coins and green paper the humans always had on them.

Second cabinet: Ugh! His nasty underwear. Although a human could never smell their scent Impmon was hit by the stink and quickly slammed the cabinet shut. "Smelly, stupid, nasty human." he growled low. He had grown quite displeased with humans since he had left his tamer. Takato was reinforcing this for him, despite not being awake.

Third cabinet: Toys, junk, more junk. "AH!" Impmon spoke triumphantly. He had it. It seemed quite useless to him though. Just a piece of red and white plastic with bits of wire and other electrical things Impmon didn't understand. Grinning like a shark, Impmon ran out of Takato's room and into the hall to find a secluded spot. A door away, a strange, dark, room where he though he could hear water awaited. He quickly slipped inside and closed the door. His eyes and nose were much better than a human but this was an instant he wished they weren't. A bathroom. "Great. Just perfect!" he cursed to no one. Holding his nose, Impmon sat on the toilet in the corner of the room and fiddled with the D-arc in his hand. It didn't look too complicated. *BEEP*

His prodding and pushing of its face had gotten a noise.

"Yes!" he cried. "Now, I command you to make me digivolve!!" he yelled at the top of his lungs, not caring if anyone heard him.

Nothing happened. "What!?" he yelped. He refused to be denied. "Work you piece of crap!" he yelled at it jamming button and slapping it to make it work. He did this for about a minute before giving up.

"Fine!" he cursed at it. He brought his foot down on it and was rewarded with a sharp crack. He crouched down to admire his handiwork. His foot had cracked the casing, a few wires and a other bits of plastic visible. He watched it intently to see if he had convinced it to work. He was greeted by a small pop of electricity. Grinning, Impmon started to probe inside it with his finger.

He got a response from it then. He received a jolt of pain as the D-arc sparked and crackled at him. He watched as the seemingly alive D-arc floated in the air, held up by a will of its own and spraying sparks and green electricity. Two things happened at roughly the same time at this point. One, a jolt of electricity shot out at Impmon. His body was on fire and freezing cold all at once. It was as if he was being punished. Pain and soreness wracked his form as he was being fried. With a sudden jolt, he was thrown and left out cold by the toilet. The stunned digimon would awake some hours later and promptly leave the place, the effects of the D-arc unknown to him. The other event that occurred was a second jolt of green electricity headed for its other target, Takato.

The tamer never woke from the blast. He seemed to be completely unharmed save for glowing green when it struck him. As he slept it took its toll on his body. Its effects wouldn't be known until morning.