Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tamers No More ❯ Takato's feeling pumped up! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*BRRRRRRRINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG*

Digimon tamer Takato was torn from an unusually deep sleep by the demanding noise of his alarm clock. The tamer rubbed his hands through his hair sleepily, the boy failing to notice the small brown hairs that had covered his hands and most of his bed sheets. Takato's 1st stop was his bathroom to brush his teeth. Again, Takato's barely awake state failed to alert him to his surroundings, namely the cracked and burned piece of plastic on the floor that had been his D-arc. Takato yawned and brushed, his mind just waking up when felt a scraping in his mouth. Opening it, he found that he had managed to carve into the brush when he had gone over his incisors. Takato scratched his head, tossing it up to sheer luck, a bit more of his hair falling out as he scratched.

"Takato!" a voice yelled at him. "Your late for school! Get your butt going!" his mother called. The tamer finished his routine and promptly left for school, taking a larger than normal peace of bread for breakfast. It never occurred to him that he'd ate it before he had gotten out the door.

He arrived at school about 10minutes late but luckily for him the substitute in his 1st class failed to notice. A quick look though his papers turned up his homework. "Ah!" he gasped, remembering what he had meant to do this morning. "What is it Takato?" Henry asked him as he passed by towards the homework basket. "I forgot to do it!" Takato whined. Henry gave him his "Tsk, Tsk" look before handing his paper in. The tamer quickly snatched up a pencil from his bag and hurriedly began to scribble down the what'd he thought would pass for only 30 seconds of thought.

"Mr…Mr…whatever. Where is you homework?" a displeased voice asked him.

*RIP*

It happened in seconds. Takato's index fingernail had cut clean though his paper in his sudden panic. In another movement the teacher's hand grasped his and examined his fingers. "Hmph. You should learn to cut those kid…" he said rather coldly. The teacher walked past him as he took in his fingernails. The sub was right. They DID need cut. They were almost an 2 inches long.

Time sailed by and Gym soon was in session. It seemed impossible but Takato could swear that his nails had grown another inch by the time it came by. He knew that one of the jocks always kept a Swiss army knife on him. Maybe he'd let him use it. Takato hurriedly opened his locker and pulled out his clothes, and went about changing. The tamer grimaced slightly when he yanked off his shirt. The shirt had not wanted to come off, and it looked stretched out to him once it was off. Takato stared at his belly for a moment deciding that he had to go on a diet soon. His stomach did seem like it was bigger than it had been. He pressed it lightly with his finger, careful not to break his nails. His gut didn't feel like fat. It felt very tough, almost like muscle. "Hmm" the boy mumbled to himself, slipping his gym shirt on over his considerably wider shoulders and larger tummy. Now came his shoes. Takato's shoes slipped off easily enough, but his socks didn't want to separate from him. After a bit of pulling they came loose. The tamer didn't notice the tiny claw poking out of his heel that had caused the trouble. Takato quickly finished and sprinted out to join the rest of the class.

"Sprints!" the coach called as he jogged out. Everyone lined up and started to run at coach's command. Takato was in fairly good shape, playing soccer and all, but he'd never been much of a runner. After the 2nd lap Takato would have normally slowed a bit, falling behind in the pack of students. Yet today, Takato felt no fatigue. He had kept up with the leader for the entirety of the 1st and 2nd lap and he didn't even feel winded. Takato felt very powerful for no real reason. He was neck and neck with the leader, a slim and wiry track member, and he wasn't even sweating much. "Hey, I can run a lot faster." he though to himself. With a bit of actual effort Takato took the lead, out pacing the leader with ease. As the tamer ended the lap and rested on the field he laughed out loud at how great he felt. Takato had never noticed that he'd run on the balls of his feet the whole time. Or that his toes had bent so that he could do so comfortably. His big toe and middle toe had gone to one side of his foot with the remaining toes to the other side. As gym continued, a thin membrane would form between his toes, locking them in those positions.

"Dodge ball!" the coach yelled out. He handed over the ball bag to some of the more eager students who quickly set up for the game inside the gym. Takato had never liked the game much. He was a poor shot and his dogging skills were bad to say the least. But today, with his new feelings of strength, Takato was eager to go. The game soon began. Balls whisked by his head as he ran about, dodging and shooting like he had invented the game. Most of both teams had been taken down leaving only 4 on each side. A ball headed for his face. Takato felt that it was going almost too slow as he expertly ducked under it and snatching up a ball by his feet. He swung it with what he felt was rather weak throw at the kid in front of him

*POW*

The kid fell flat on his ass, holding his nose. Although he shouldn't have been able to, Takato could see and actually smell blood coming from the boys' nose. "Jerk!" the boy yelled at him before heading to the nurse bawling. Most of the class was shocked. The boy Takato had alaways been rather quiet and never very strong or of much interest. Takato felt little in the way of remorse for the student, only thinking that he'd hadn't even tried to hit him hard.