Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast Within ❯ The demonstrations. ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

*******The next morning*******

Tai woke up in his bed and found himself upside down, in that his feet were on his pillow. He sat and thought for a while, mainly about the events of the previous night. He blamed himself when it was no one's fault, it was just an accident. He had made a resolution to make sure he did not alienate them like that again, especially because he knew that he did it too.

He mustered some strength and turned himself around, hitting Agumon over the head with his legs in the process.

"Ow, what'd you do that for?" Agumon whispered angrily.

"Sorry, I'm a little out of it, I haven't really woken up yet."

"I suppose I can forgive you, I know how it feels." Tai, now sitting up, took a look around his room. T.K. was nowhere to be seen, and neither was Patamon.

"Do you know where T.K. is?" Tai asked, he was a little concerned.

"Nope, I came in here before you, remember."

"No, all I remember is macaroni, lots of it." Tai had overeaten the night before, another reason he had gone to bed early.

"We should check the lounge, he might already be up," Agumon suggested. They decided to take his advice. Tai got up off his bed and put a shirt on. They wandered out his room and into the lounge entrance. Tai peered into the lounge and saw T.K. and Kari asleep in each other's arms,

"Okay, I'd better wait in my room, I don't wanna wake them," Tai whispered.

"Yeah, good idea," he replied. They crept back into Tai's room.

"So what are we gonna do now?" Agumon asked.

"I dunno, not much, it's really dark still. Maybe I'll chat to anyone that's online," Tai said indifferently. He was right, it was really dark for that time in the morning. He hit the computers on switch, and it booted up. Tai's computer was fast, a top of the range machine that almost rivalled Izzy's. His parents gave it to him for schoolwork, but he used it more for chatting, not that he had much time for it. He dialled up onto the net and found only Izzy was online. This was usual because Izzy had cable Internet so he was always online. His parents had decided maybe that faster connection he had been nagging for was a good idea after the Bakemon incident, (A\N In series one with the ghost and digital barrier). Tai left a few messages but there was no reply, he was obviously asleep still. Tai disconnected and turned off the computer.

"Damn, I wanted to talk," he said frustratedly.

"We can talk," Agumon said feeling neglected.

"I know, and I'd love to, but you already know everything that's going on in my life right now."

"Oh, that's true."

*******In the lounge*******

T.K. and Kari were still asleep in each other's arms. The night before had been cold, and because the buildings heating only came on the next month, they were very cold. They had moved closer to each other and Kari had rested her head on his shoulder. They both soon warmed up and just drifted off to sleep.

T.K. was the first to wake. He did not move much, and found the brunette sound asleep on his chest. He squeeze her softly, but not enough to wake her. She let out a soft moan, and slowly opened her eyes.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you," T.K. whispered.

"Huh… T.K.?" She began to move and started to pick her self up

"Yeah, it's me, don't worry," he said calmly. She rested back down.

"What's going on?" she said, still very sleepy.

"I guess we fell asleep," T.K. said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"It's too early for that."

"Sorry, I couldn't help it." They stopped and lay there for a while.

"I guess this is nice," Kari said.

"Yeah, but we'd better get up or I'm gonna fall asleep again," T.K. replied.

"Yeah," Kari said. She slowly sat up, and T.K. then did the same. They looked over to the window, it was starting to get light and it was now visible that it was snowing.

"Oh… it's so beautiful," Kari said as she stood up and walked over to the door. T.K. joined her and stood next to her, "Yeah." Kari opened the door and they walked outside.

Tai could see them from the from his room and walked out to them.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Oh, Tai, how long have you been up?" Kari asked.

"Not long," he answered. Agumon then joined them out on the balcony.

"This is new," he said.

"Yeah, didn't I tell you it snowed here?" Tai asked.

"No, I think you forgot that."

"Hey Agumon, did you know it snows here," Tai said sarcastically.

"No, really, I hope I see it someday," he replied in the same fashion.

"I can't believe it Tai, you've turned him into a miniature you," Kari said.

"Problem being?" Tai replied. T.K. bent down to Agumon and placed his hand on his shoulder, "You must promise to use tour powers for good, not evil," he said conforming to the joke.

"I promise… to try," he said with an evil grin."

"Anyway… I think it's time we went inside," Tai said.

"Yeah, it's cold out here," Kari said. They wandered back inside and shut the door.

"I wander if school will be cancelled?" T.K. said.

"I dunno, I'll turn on the TV," Kari replied.

"With the sudden arrival of this cold front and snow, it looks like all schools will be closed for today," the newsreader said in a typically cheesy voice."

"Well that's a relief, I don't think I can handle much more school," T.K. said.

"Yeah, I'd better phone Davis, he'll probably rush off to school because he's late as usual," Kari said, she walked over to the phone and picked up the receiver, then dialled his number.

*******Motomiya residence*******

Davis woke to the sound of the cordless phone's ring, it had been left there for quite some time. He rolled over, but the ringing finally got to him and he picked it up and pressed the answer button, "Ugh, yeah," he slurred.

"Davis?" Kari replied.

"Yeah… hey."

"I just thought you should take a look outside."

"Alright, hang on," Davis replied, he sat up, put the phone down, and reached over to open his curtain. He looked out at the beautifully snow lined streets.

"Yeah, does this mean what I think it does?" Davis asked picking up the phone.

"It sure does, I just thought I'd let you know."

"Thanks, I probably would have run off to school anyway."

"That's what I figured."

"Well, seeing as I'm already talking to you, do you want to meet up and go into the digital world later?"

"Sure, but why?"

"Well, I wanted to show Catherine some things."

"Catherine?"

"Yeah, she kinda found Veemon, and I couldn't avoid an explanation. But don't worry, she won't tell anyone, I made her promise and she really is taking this seriously. Besides, who's she gonna tell?"

"True, just as long as she know the seriousness of it."

"She does, and I take full responsibility for anything she does."

"Okay. How about eleven in the park then?"

"Sure, I'll see you then."

"Bye." Davis put down his receiver. He slumped back down, then he looked to his side and saw a rather angry digimon at his side. Veemon just stared right at him.

"Sorry, but it's not my fault, really, I can't help it if people phone us," Davis struggled for words. Veemon relieved his stare and stood casually again, "Yeah I know, I just wanted to see you sweat," he replied.

"Hey, you know I'm just as tired as you," Davis protested.

Someone knocked at the door, "Davis are you awake?" Veemon was ready to dive for cover, but they recognised it as Catherine's voice. She slipped through the door, and closed it behind her.

"Morning, I thought I heard voices," she greeted.

"Yeah, Kari phoned, we're gonna meet up later," Davis explained.

"Great," she turned to Veemon, "Hey," she greeted.

"Hi," he replied.

"Oh see you're both morning people then," she said.

"Oh yes, just raring to go," Davis replied sarcastically, Catherine walked over and sat on Davis's bed, Veemon also jumped on."

"Well, is that all Kari said, you were talking for longer then that."

"Take a look outside," Davis said. She leaned over to the window and fully opened the curtains.

"Oh, it's snowing, I love the snow."

"Yeah, especially because of days like today," Davis said.

"Snow day then?"

"Sure is."

"So what are we gonna do?"

"Well, I figured we'd go bye the school this morning, then we'd meet up with Kari and T.K."

"Anything in particular planned?"

"Maybe… you'll have to wait and see."

"Oh come on, give me a hint, I hate suspense."

"Let's just say you'll be with me," Veemon replied.

"Serious, you're not kidding?"

"No, we're gonna go in with T.K. and Kari, just in case."

"Great, I'll go put some clothes on," she said, jumping to her feet. She returned to her room.

"You think she's excited?" Davis said sarcastically.

"Nah," Veemon replied.

"I'd better tell Tai what we're gonna do, he'd want to know."

"Good idea." Davis picked up the phone and dialled Tai's number.

"Kamiya residence, Kari speaking."

"Hey Kari,"

"Davis?"

"Yeah, put Tai on, I thought I'd better tell him what we're gonna do today."

"Oh, good idea, I'll get him," Kari replied, she wandered off and not long after Tai was at the phone, "Hey Davis, what's up?"

"We'll, to cut a long story short, I have an exchange student staying with me, she found Veemon, long explanation, want to show her all about it."

"Wow, you must like this girl." Davis went quiet. "So you do like her then?" Tai said.

"Maybe… well, so far yes but I'm not rushing, how'd you guess?"

"Well I figured you wouldn't share that with just anyone. And thanks for telling me, you really didn't have to. But I trust you, so have fun, just be careful.

"Thanks Tai, hang around afterwards so you can meet her."

"That'll be good, then I can see her for myself, and we can talk."

"That's be good, I'll see you then."

"Bye" Davis again hung up his receiver, then he got out of bed. He stood there in his boxer and a shirt, stunned for a moment, then he unfroze, "Jeez it's cold, I'm goin for a shower," he said, stunned by the cold. He left the room and entered the bathroom.

It was not long before both Catherine and Davis were in the kitchen eating breakfast. Mrs Motomiya had made some oatmeal for them, she thought it would do them good in the cold. They sat at the table and ate the warm oatmeal. Catherine was wearing the same thing she had worn the day before, she figured no one would mine. There was only one downside to this, they weren't exactly snow clothes. Davis was well and truly into his large serving, but he managed to find a break to speak, "Hey, do you wanna borrow a jacket or something, it's gonna be cold out there?" Catherine swallowed, then spoke, "Yeah, that'd be great, I know I've got a good jacket for this weather in my bag, so I won't need it for long."

"Alright, I'll go get one," Davis continued, he'd completely finished by the time she was through. Davis left the room and went down into his own. Catherine was left with Mrs Motomiya, who was in the kitchen.

"How did he do that?" she asked.

"Do what, you'll have to specify, he does quite a lot of unusual things?" Mrs Motomiya replied.

"Well, I remember him having something left to eat in his bowl when he asked, but now it's gone."

"Oh yes, he eats really fast in the morning, mainly because he's hungry, not having eaten all night, but also it's force of habit because he's always late for school. I tell you, that boy is always eating, he's just like his father."

"Really, he doesn't seem to gain much weight."

"No, if he's not eating, ten to one he's playing soccer."

"I see."

"See what?" Davis said entering the kitchen again, a large blue jacket in hand.

"Oh nothing, you should be going, there wont be anyone there much past ten," Mrs Motomiya suggested.

"True," Davis replied. Catherine stood, and Davis handed her the jacket. She put it on and the headed for the door.

"Bye mom, I'll see you tonight," Davis shouted as he opened the door.

"Bye Mrs Motomiya," Catherine added.

"Bye kids, have fun today," she replied. They then left the apartment and closed the door.

They walked out onto the street the regular way. They continued on to the park. The wind was blowing, but not hard. It had stopped snowing a few minutes before they left and now it was clear to see the beauty that the snowfall had left behind. All the trees in the park had brilliant white capping, and path was lined with snow. A few children had made there way out to play in the snow, enjoying not being at school.

Davis and Catherine were side by side, and had kept up a conversation. They were mainly talking about Davis's past, mainly his digital world experiences.

"So exactly how long ago were you 'called', and how?" Catherine asked.

"It was the beginning of grade seven, so I was twelve. It was the first day at school too. I knew very little about the digital world, but Tai said he was in trouble. Kari and T.K. were going to save him, and they didn't want me to go with, but I followed them to the computer lab anyway. Then out of nowhere this flash of light came out of the computer and next thing I knew I was holding my digivice. T.K. and Kari told me if one was sent to me, then there was a reason and it followed on from there."

"Wow, that's pretty freaky. Did you meet Veemon soon after that?"

"Yeah, I went into the digital world, and we helped Tai but we couldn't defeat the digimon that was fighting us, it's a long story, but we hid in a cave. Then I kind tripped over something, and saw it was the egg of courage. Tai said he couldn't lift it so I tried, and voila, I picked it up. Then another flash of light and Veemon comes out from where it was. He was a little hyper, being trapped under there for a hundred years or so, but he told me that it was my egg of courage, and that he was therefore my digimon."

"Huh, you must've been pretty freaked?"

"Yeah, I soon got used to it, him saving my life and all. Tell you what, the next bit is kina difficult, so I'll show you when we get there today."

"Alright, if you must, but all this suspense is killing me."

"Sorry, but I'd probably explain it all wrong, I'm not very good at this." They continued walking and were now very close to the school.

"So tell me, what were you doing before all this digital world stuff?" Catherine asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, what did you o all the time?"

"Soccer, I told you I was captain of my team right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, It took a while to get there. Tai was a big help, he's really talented, and he trained with me. He was captain of his team, and a real candidate to go professional. But he decided that first he'd finish school, then all his options would be open to him. It really wasn't easy for him, he loved to play."

"You really admire him don't you?"

"Yeah, ever since I met him, that's why these goggles mean so much, he thought I could do what he had been."

"Huh?"

"Oh, sorry, I haven't told you the full story." Davis stopped for a dramatic effect. "It was also during my first visit to the digital world, I was wearing my own goggles, but I fell and broke them. Right before we left, he gave me his and said, Here, take these… the leader of the digidestined wouldn't be right without them. That meant so much to me, he really thought that I could be the leader, even though I'm not. He'll never admit it, but he is our leader, and he's a really good one."

"Wow, I've never had something like that happen to me. Come to think of it I don't even have an idol. But why is he the leader."

"This goes back to their first adventures in the digital world. They first arrived, and they were group governed, but he and T.K.'s brother, Matt, always fought. Then one day he was sucked out of the digital world for a while and the group fell apart. From then on they knew he was really the leader, he held them together. I don't know how, but he always knows what to do, but he'll never admit that either."

"I'd really like to meet him, he sounds really nice."

"Well you're in luck, he said we should drop in after we come back."

"Really, cool, I'm looking forward to it. Today sure is going to be one interesting day."

*******The park*******

T.K. and Kari stood waiting in the park. There were surprisingly few children playing in the snow, even though the wind had calmed down, and it had even warmed up a bit. T.K. and Kari were hand in hand, and stood close to each other. They were not talking much, but they were happy. In the distance they could now see Davis and Kari running down the street. Davis was ahead of Catherine. As they got closer they could here them shouting, "I'm gonna get you Davis, just you wait!" Catherine yelled.

"You'll have to catch me first," Davis retorted.

"Maybe…" Catherine said, playfully. She leant down and picked up some snow. She gathered it into a ball, then tossed it right at him. He didn't see it coming as he was still running and it hit him square in the back.

"Maybe not," she continued. Davis stopped, and waited for her to catch up.

"Okay, I surrender," Davis said with his hands up as she approached.

"Good, then we have an understanding." They continued on to T.K. and Kari.

"So what was that all about?" T.K. asked.

"Davis found the need to put his ice cold hand on my neck, even though I'm dressed this way." Catherine had a point, she was only wearing a shirt, shorts and a light jacket. Davis on the other hand was dressed warmly in a pair of long pants, and a thick jacket. He had a backpack on with Veemon inside it.

"I'm sorry, but you'll understand when we get there," Davis explained.

"Oh yeah… he's right, you'll get it once we're there," T.K. agreed.

"Hey Davis, where's Veemon?" Kari asked.

"I'm in here," Veemon replied, he popped his head out of the bag.

"You know you don't have to be in there?" T.K. asked.

"Yeah, but it's warm," he replied.

"Oh well, shall we go?" Kari suggested. They nodded and began walking back to Kari's, Veemon sunk back down into the bag.

"You know, you didn't have to come all the way out here, we could have gone right to your place," Davis said.

"I know, but we wanted to get out of the house…" T.K. started.

"being cooped up in there is not always so much fun," Kari added.

"Yeah, I suppose it isn't."

"I've had enough of that lately," Catherine added.

"Why," T.K. asked.

"The last family I was with didn't do much, so I was often indoors."

"That must've been bad, especially because there's so much to do in New York."

"Apparently they didn't know that. I shouldn't be mean to them, they were very nice to me." A silence soon followed.

"Say, we never got to ask you where you were born," Davis said to break the silence.

"Yeah, come on we wanna know?" Kari and T.K. badgered.

"No, I'll tell you when we get there," Catherine said impersonating Davis.

"Ha ha, very funny, now tell us," Davis responded.

"Oh alright… we're here," she replied.

"What here, in Japan?" Kari asked.

"A little closer," Catherine replied.

"In Odaiba?" they all responded.

"Yup. Right here in Odaiba, but my family moved away to Paris shortly after I was born."

"Wow, I would never have guessed," T.K. said.

"Yeah, my mother is English, and I take mostly after her so it doesn't really show. My dad is Japanese though."

"Hey, we don't even know your last name?" Davis asked.

"It's ???"

"Does it feel weird, being here and all?" T.K. asked.

"Sort of, I don't really remember it, I just know I was hear for about a year."

"Do you know where you used to live?" Davis asked.

"Um, I think it was the Macquarie building on forty second avenue."

"Oh yeah, I know that place, it's not actually that far," Davis replied.

"Yeah, we'll take you by there sometime, if you want?" Kari added.

"Sure, that'd be great," Catherine replied, she sounded excited.

"Hey, were almost there," Davis said pointing to Tai's building.

"Really, great, I think I've just about had it with waiting."

"Well, It's almost over," Davis replied.

*******Kamiya residence*******

Davis, Catherine, T.K. and Kari file into the apartment. The place was clean, surprising, since it was Friday, and their parents had been away all week. Tai was not in sight, he was in his room studying for the upcoming maths exam again. They decided that there was no point in waiting, so they went straight to the computer room. Davis put down his bag and Veemon climbed out, then he picked it up again.

"So, how do we get there?" Catherine asked eagerly.

"You'll see. Shouldn't you get Gatomon and Patamon?" Davis said turning to T.K. and Kari.

"That might help, hang on," T.K. said leaving the room.

"Are those your digimon?"

"Yeah, Gatomon is mine, and Patamon is T.K.'s," Kari replied."

T.K. then re-entered the room, Gatomon and Patamon in tow. Both Gatomon and Patamon froze once they saw Catherine. Patamon the cast his eyes over to where Veemon was standing, "I can't help but wonder why you're not hiding?" he said.

"Simple, would you hide from your friends?" Veemon replied.

"Friend?" Patamon asked.

"Yeah, we met yesterday, she's really nice."

"Sorry guys, I guess I owe you an explanation," Davis started, "This is Catherine, she found Veemon yesterday and I've told her a lot. I thought about it thoroughly and I decided that she deserved to see some of the stuff I told her about."

"Okay, but, uh… who exactly is she?" Gatomon asked.

"I'm an exchange student, Davis is hosting me for a while."

"A long while," Davis added, he looked at her and smiled, she smiled back.

"Oh, well as long as you don't tell anyone I suppose it's okay," Patamon replied.

"Yeah, and be careful," Gatomon added.

"I know, and I will, but can we go yet?"

"Alright. Hold on, this is gonna be new for you," Davis said looking at her, then he looked to T.K. and Kari, they nodded. He turned and faced the computer, "DIGIPORT OPEN!", the gate appeared and light engulfed the room.

*******The digital world******

They appeared in the forest where Davis had first been. It was warm, and there were a few small clouds in the sky. Davis, T.K. and Kari were now in their usual digital world clothes, but as expected, Catherine was still in the same clothes. She looked around at the forest, then turned her view to the others. She was shocked, "What happened to your clothes?" she asked slowly.

"This is what I was trying to tell you, our clothes change, so we don't have to worry about the temperature change," Davis explained.

"Come to think of it, it is pretty warm," Catherine replied. She took off her jacket and Davis placed it in his bag.

"So, do you like the get up?" Davis asked.

"Yeah, you all look so good. But why does that happen?"

"It's got to do with us being digidestined, even the older guys. I figured it wouldn't happen to you, that's why I made you wear that," Davis explained.

"So where are we?" Catherine asked.

"Davis will know, ask him," Kari said smiling. He looked around until he recognised the area.

"Hey, this is where I first came isn't it?" he replied.

"Sure is, we thought you might appreciate it," T.K. answered.

"Great, I'll show you where I first met Veemon, come on," Davis said. He grabbed Catherine by the arm and pulled her off into the forest, Veemon was close behind.

"I guess we'd better follow?" Kari said to T.K.

"Yeah, we should," he replied.

It wasn't long before they were all standing in the cave where the digiegg of courage had been. Davis had led Catherine right to the exact point where the digiegg of courage had been.

"This is it," Davis started, "This is where I found my first digiegg."

"The orange one right, courage wasn't it?" Catherine said unsurely.

"Yup, it was right here. Tai said he couldn't pick it up, so I tried. that's when Veemon first appeared. A bright light came shining out from where it was and he appeared, he kinda landed on top of me though."

"Yeah, I was under there for a hundred years so I was leaving the first chance I got," Veemon explained.

"You were pretty hyper," Davis said to him.

"Hey, you would've be too. Besides, I had been waiting for my partner for that long too."

"So what did you do?" Catherine asked. It was about now that T.K. and Kari rejoined them.

"Hey," they said.

"I was, uh… a little freaked actually. I had just been told that Veemon was my digimon, I was digidestined, and that we were in trouble. Kinda like you felt when I told you all this stuff, without the fear," Davis explained.

"Makes sense, but what happened next?"

"Well, we had to run, this is when I broke my goggles," Davis said as they began walking.

"You couldn't forget that," T.K. said sarcastically.

"Hey, I liked those goggles," Davis retorted.

"But if they hadn't broken you wouldn't have those," Kari added.

"True. Anyway, we ran out to here," Davis stopped.

"Why did you stop?" Catherine asked.

"I fell," Davis answered, "but I got back up, and kept running until Kari sprained her ankle. This is when Veemon told me he had to digivolve."

"Good, this is what I really wanna see," Catherine said, she could feel the excitement bubbling inside her.

"He told me to call my courage, obviously because that was the nature of the digiegg I had just found."

"So how does that work?"

"A little something like this," Davis said, he looked down to Veemon, and he nodded back at him. "DIGIARMOUR ENERGISE!" Davis shouted. As expected the process started.

"Veemon armour digivolve to Flamedramon, the fire of courage."

Catherine was amazed, she was silent.

"So, what do you think?" Flamedramon asked.

"Ho… How did you do that?" she asked.

"Well, it's kinda like a surge of energy, it's hard to explain, it just happens," he explained.

"Yeah, we don't really know ourselves, but it's quite a rush," Patamon added.

"So what can you do, besides looking absolutely awesome?" Catherine asked, still a little unsure.

"I'll show you," Flamedramon said, he readied himself.

"Hey, just take it easy," Davis advised.

"I will," Flamedramon replied, "Watch this… FIRE ROCKET!" Flamedramon volleyed the fireballs into the outer wall of the cave.

"That's pretty good," Catherine commented.

"Hey, that's not all," Flamedramon said.

"Easy, we don't want a hole through the wall," Davis warned.

"Right," he replied. He braced himself then engulfed himself in his flames, "FIRE ROCKET!" he said as he flew into the air, then he crashed down into the wall. He bounced delicately back into the air, then touched down onto the ground.

"Wow, you're not fooling around," Catherine said as he touched the ground.

"Hey, let's not let him steal all the glory," T.K. said.

"Yeah, let's give her a show she's sure to remember," Kari added. Patamon and Gatomon nodded.

"DIGIARMOUR ENERGISE!" T.K. and Kari shouted.

"Patamon armour digivolve to Pegasusmon, flying hope."

"Gatomon armour digivolve to Nefertimon, the angel of light."

Catherine was again breath taken, "So these are your digimon?"

"Yeah, pretty cool huh," T.K. said.

"Yeah, what's it like up there, flying I mean?" Catherine asked.

"It's a really good release, like freedom from the world sort of thing," Kari replied.

"It's a pity your digimon can't fly," Catherine said to Davis.

"I know, but I can jump pretty high," Flamedramon said, he felt a bit left out.

"I'll say, but it's not the same, no offence," Catherine replied.

"Don't worry, he knows what flying is like."

"How come?"

"Remember how I told you there was more than one type of digivolving?"

"Yeah."

"Well, when Veemon goes to his champion level, Exveemon, he can fly."

"Really, how about we go somewhere?"

"There's a hitch, we can only go to that level when we need to, like if someone was in trouble. And it has to be real trouble."

"You learnt that the hard way," T.K. said.

"I'll say. But I can show you something almost as good as flying," Davis said.

"You thinking what I think you are?" Flamedramon said.

"Sure am, go back to Veemon." At that Flamedramon reverted to Veemon.

"Here we go again," Davis said, "DIGIARMOUR ENERGISE!"

"Veemon armour digivolve to Raidramon, the storm of friendship." Davis jumped up onto Raidramon's back, "Hop on," he said extending his arm. Davis pulled her up, Kari and T.K. also got Pegasusmon's and Nefertimon's backs respectively.

"How about the beach, it's not far?" Kari suggested.

"Make it the cliff above the beach, for the view," Davis added.

"Right lets go," T.K. announce.

"See you there," Catherine said as they took off.

"Come on Raidramon, let's show those flyers what you're made of," Davis said encouragingly.

"Right, you'd better hang on," Raidramon replied. He then started to run.

They tore through the forest. Catherine was sitting close to Davis, and was hanging on for her life, but she seemed to be enjoying it. As they ran the forest got deeper, and the trees seemed o get closer together, but T.K. and Kari were now visible overhead.

"Come on, there they are," Davis shouted pointing up.

"Let's take em," Raidramon replied.

"You ready?" Davis said looking back at Catherine.

"Sure, this is great, just don't let me fall," she replied.

"I would never let that happen," he said, then he turned back and leant down, "Go for it."

Now Raidramon ripped through the forest, dodging every tree with precision. They could now see the edge of the forest, but T.K. and Kari were no longer above them, Davis and Catherine glanced behind them and sure enough, they had over taken the flyers. Raidramon charged out of the forest and reached the edge of the cliff in no time. A few seconds later Pegasusmon and Nefertimon made there landing.

"Well congratulations, you won," T.K. said to Davis.

"Thanks, but it wasn't really a race," Davis replied.

"Oh sure, modest when he's wining," Kari joked.

"This is really cool guys, thanks for showing me," Catherine thanked.

"Pleasure," they all replied. Raidramon then reverted to Veemon.

"Hey, what's going on?" Catherine asked.

"Well, digivolving, and staying that way, takes a lot of energy, and when it runs out, well, this happens," Davis explained.

"Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer," T.K. added.

"Oh well, let's just enjoy the view," Kari said, they sat and looked over the edge of the cliff. Out of nowhere there was a strange sound coming from behind them. Davis was the first to turn around.

The picture that greeted him was not a pleasant one. It looked exactly like a dimensional rift, like the one to the dark ocean. Inside it was a forest, but a dark one and above it was a foreboding storm.

"Guys, I don't mean to ruin this moment but turn around," Davis said in an urgent tone. The group turned around and was greeted with the same image.

"This is not good," Kari said.

"What's going on?" Catherine asked.

"I don't know, but it's not good," Davis replied. Catherine stood up and moved closer to it, "It looks so dark, I'm gonna get a closer look," she said. Out of nowhere a large figure on horseback, with a large sword in hand, appeared in the rit and was heading straight fir her.

"Catherine, look out!" Davis shouted as he sprang to his feet. He ran over to her and the figure was now dangerously close to them.

"That's it, I gotta do something," Veemon said.

"Veemon digivolve to Exveemon."

Davis pulled Catherine out of it's line and Exveemon jumped in their place. As figure was about to make contact Exveemon jumped into the air, "Exveepunch!" he shouted, his fist blazed right through his head. The figure carried on straight off the cliff and flew into the air, then disappeared.

"Uh, Catherine, meet Exveemon," Davis said.

"Thanks, both of you," she said turning her view to Davis. Exveemon couldn't hold it any longer and dedigivolved back to Veemon. Pegasusmon and Nefertimon also dedigivolved to Patamon and Gatomon.

"What happened?" Catherine asked she was now unsure and afraid.

"I don't know, but we'd better tell Tai," Davis suggested.

"Right," T.K. and Kari agreed. They regrouped and headed for the exit. They then returned to the real world.

Finally, I found the plot. Yes this story is going somewhere. Sorry if it was a little bland, but I couldn't help it. And where are the Takari readers, if you don't tell me if you like it I won't right it anymore… nah that's a lie, I wouldn't cut out my favourite relationship… nah that's a lie too, I don't have a favourite, they're all good. Anyway, thanks for the reviews I did get, and the next part is gonna be more interesting, I promise. But can you really trust a guy who just lied twice?? =P

ĄǜŦħŐŗМǒЙ