Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Best Advice a Friend Can Give ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

The Best Advice a Friend Can Give
Sonfaro
“Are we going to talk about it?”
Izzy Izumi grunts in the way that he does when he's annoyed with something. In this case I suppose it's me. I twirl on the seat behind him, my arms wrapped around the back of the lab chair, my legs propelling the seat in circles, a yawn crossing my face. If you can't already tell by now, I'm bored. And Izzy Izumi refuses to play.
“Come on Izzy, you know you want to say something.”
“I'm very busy Tai,” he manages to spout without even looking at me. Jerk. “Why don't you go bother Sora? I'm sure she's just as bored as you.”
“I went to her first,” I grumble. “Matt was over.”
“Even better. The three of you could have had a field day.”
I stop spinning for a moment, and take some time to shake the stars out of my eyes before I respond. “You're going to have to talk about it sometime. You can't avoid it forever.
“I can try…” he mutters.
“Look Izzy. If you can't talk to your best friend, who can you trust?”
At that Izzy genuinely turns to me with a puzzled look on his face. “You're my best friend?”
“…Well… Yeah, I guess so.”
“What about Sora?”
I glare at him: not so much because he's said something that irritates me… well, actually yeah, mostly because that was annoying. Jerk. “Sora's my best unavailable friend whose time is being taken by my best blonde haired weasel friend. You're my best friend right now.”
“Until Matt's gone.”
I turn my eyes away from him and glower. “I'm trying to be helpful. Work with me Izzy.”
"Nothing happened.
“Izzy, I was there. I saw it.”
“You're over exaggerating things.”
“Izzy some girl asked you out just now. That isn't nothing. Did you accept?”
“…”
“You declined?”
“…”
“You declined, huh?”
“…”
“Because she wasn't Mim-”
“I declined because I had better things to do okay!” He spits, turning towards me for the first time today.
I hadn't meant to strike a nerve. Izzy may not be my best friend per say. But he is one of my better friends. I sigh, leaning my chin against the edge of the chair and lazily closing my eyes. “You should call her.”
“She's not my type,” Izzy grumbles.
“I mean Mimi.”
“…”
“I'm sure she'd love to hear from you.”
“You think so?”
It's a whisper. Not meant to be heard. But I hear it. I hear it and I nod. Izzy pretends not to notice, but his shoulders loosen instantly.
“…I really am busy Tai.”
I throw my hands up in defeat. “I got it. I got it. I'll go rough up Davis some. Maybe get Ken into a little game or something.”
“Have fun.”
I wave Izzy goodbye. He ignores me. I'm at the door when I hear him shuffling behind me. I pause outside the lab, the door cracked open just a little to let me peak in. Izzy has his cell phone in his hand, and his face is beet red.
“…Um… Hi-hi. I'm looking for Mimi…”
I smiled a little as I walked down the stairs.