Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Maiden of Light ❯ Dreams Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Second attempt at making the chapters look the way I want.


Disclaimer: I don't own "Digimon" or the characters, used in this story. They belong to someone else (I don't know who and I don't really care), so don't sue.

I own only what I have created (which isn't much).



" " - speech
** ** - thoughts
< > - change in place and/or time
* * * * * * - prophecy
~ ~ - telepathy


**********


The Dark Maiden of Light


Chapter 2

Dreams

Part 2


**********


Alice spent the day thinking about the offer she had received in her dream last night. She looked at all possibilities she could think of as well as all disadvantages and hidden traps. She also thought about the other Zeons and what would she receive from them if she could find them. At the end she decided she wouldn't accept any of the three Zeons that had visited her dream.

**Dreams are something private. I have no right to invade the dreams of others, nor do I want to. Besides, I can't dream if I'm awake, and when I'm asleep I'll be vulnerable even as a Mega. So a Zeon of dreams is useless to me. But one of the others…**

Alice remembered what little she had been told about the other types of Zeons. She had only a vague idea what powers one receives from them, but it was enough for her. After a couple more hours of thinking she made a choice.

**A Zeon of projections would be best. With the ability to create illusions I won't have to fight as much because I'll be able to trick my attackers into fighting each other. Theoretically I could make Ophanimon's servants turn on her. Now that's an interesting idea. A pity I'll probably never get a chance to try it.** Then she got another idea. **Unless I find a way to go there. Ah, who am I kidding? All Zeons are in another Digital world, but I don't know which one. Wait, why don't I ask the three I met last night? They should know, after all they can obviously enter the dreams of people in any world. If I know where I must go, I may be able to find a way to get there. Yes, that's what I'll do. It's a very long shot, but I have nothing to lose, so it's worth it. The problem is getting the info I need.**

With her decision made Alice started mentally preparing about meeting the three visitors from last night. When the night fell and the blond girl went to sleep, she was as ready as possible.

 

<Alice's dream>

 

Alice found herself standing on a place very much like the one from last night. A second after she took a look around the three balls of light appeared in the air before her.

"Looks like we're all here. Good." Greeted her (sort of, anyway) the Neutral one.

"Are there any rules in this game?" Asked Alice.

"Not having any rules will complicate things immensely, so yes, there are. Each of us can use only three digimon. All three must be Mega level and must not use Mode change even if they can. No special digimon, such as Megidramon, Sovereigns, ArcaDemon, XeedMillenniumon and so on. My digimon are Rosemon, Sakuyamon and MetalSeadramon."

The other two Zeons agreed without hesitation, as did Alice.

"My digimon are WarGreymon, Valkyrimon and Imperialdramon." Informed them the Light one, shortly followed by the Dark: "And my are BlackWarGreymon, Beelzemon and Gallantmon."

"By the way, you said you're from another digital world. Is that true?"

"Of course." All three confirmed.

"Really? Which one exactly?"

"We're all from the long forgotten by almost everyone Central Sector." Told her the Dark.

"Central Sector? You mean there are five sectors, not four?"

"Correct. Funny why everyone seems to think there are only four. True, no one outside our world remembers there was a fifth one. But since there is no communication between the other four, there is no reason for people to even suspect there are any other worlds apart from the one they live in." Noted the Light.

"In our world this "knowledge" comes from the TV show and the games. According to both there are four Sovereigns, each guarding one of the four sectors."

"Yes, that's true. I guess this must be the reason." Said the Neutral.

"Since there is a fifth sector, does it mean there is also a fifth Sovereign?"

"Of course. Does this surprise you?" The Light Zeon answered Alice's question with another question.

"No, I was simply curious. Say, is it possible to enter your world from our?

"Sure, if you can find on of the portals and open it."

"Find one of the portals and open it. That's easy to say. But enough about this. I'll probably never see your world (not that I would want to with the war going on), so there is no need to talk about it. There is another thing I want to ask. How will this little battle show which one is best?"

"Simple, my dear Alice. This is a dream and therefor the digimon we will use are going to have a few extras. That's how." Informed her the Dark.

"Okay. But since I'm all alone, I think it will only be fair if I use a few extras too."

"Such as?"

The blond girl smiled. A small ball of yellow light appeared before her and transformed into a small deck of digimon cards. She reached out and took them in her left hand. Then another ball of light appeared before her (this one white in color) and transformed into a D-arc. But it wasn't like the tamers' D-arcs. It was nearly the same shape, but a little bit larger. The main screen was slightly larger and the whole thing was a couple of centimeters longer. But the biggest and most noticeable difference from the normal D-arcs was the three small screens above the main one. They had the same form as the main screen, but were much smaller and under each of them were two small buttons. The three formed a line and all of them displayed a question mark. Alice had created this D-arc in her thoughts while preparing for the battle. She had also chosen a small number of cards she had thought she might need. Now it was time to find out if it will be enough.

"Ah, cards. And you think it will be enough?" Commented the Neutral.

"Only one way to find out." Responded the blond.

"Very well. When you're ready, tell me." The three digimon the Neutral Zeon had chosen earlier appeared on the ground behind him, soon followed by the digimon of the other two. Alice turned into Lilithmon and made three quick card slashes. The three cards appeared on the three small screens. Unlike the normal D-arcs, hers allowed the use of up to three cards in advance. Once the cards had been used, all she had to do was to press the button under the screen on which the card is shown and it would take effect. Or she could press the second button to free the slot for another card. Of course she could still use any other card the same way she could with a normal D-arc, and there was no limit as to how long the three slots could be occupied by a card.

"Ready." Said the Light and Dark.

"Same here." Added Alice.

"Then let us begin." The Neutral's words acted as a starting signal.

Alice smiled in her mind, but it didn't show on her face. While preparing for the fight, she had thought of three attacks no digimon had in addition to the two any Lilithmon could use. These attacks combined with her cards were more than enough to destroy almost any digimon, even an ArcaDemon (of all the digimon she knew of this one was the hardest to hurt and destroy). Her opponents would soon learn this… the hard way.

"Talisman Sphere!" Purple protective spheres surrounded Sakuyamon and her two allies.

"And that is supposed to protect you from me?" Smirked Beelzemon and flew up, then launched himself forth at Rosemon. "Darkness Claw!" The Demon Lord's attack surprised the plant woman and her shield was destroyed. She responded with her own attack. "Thorn Whip!" Beelzemon dodged to the left, followed by the plant Mega. While she was distracted by the virus Gallantmon had positioned himself behind her. "Shield of the Just!" The attack hit full force and Rosemon, who wasn't much of a warrior and was counting more on speed than on strength, was the first to be deleted.

Meanwhile WarGreymon was attacking MetalSeadramon and had managed to destroy his shield while successfully avoiding getting hurt. At the same time Valkyrimon and Imperialdramon were both attacking BlackWarGreymon. Sakuyamon was the only one attacking Lilithmon. But she was more than enough due to a speed and power boost from her master.

"I had enough of this! I was hoping this won't be necessary so soon, but it seems I have no choice. Digi modify! Hyper Speed activate! Power activate!" Lilithmon pressed two buttons on her D-ark, activating two of the three cards she had used. Her opponent managed to shield herself and MetalSeadramon with her Talisman Sphere. Not for long however.

"Eden Lost!" A massive skull, brimming with black fire on the inside, collided with the energy barrier, surrounding Sakuyamon, and destroyed her. "Darkness Spear!" A spear, made of pure darkness, appeared in Lilithmon's right hand, and she threw it with all her strength at the hostile Mega, who failed in her dodging attempt and her chest was pierced by the attack. It wasn't enough to delete her, but it weakened her greatly. "Eden Lost!" The viral Mega launched another skull. It hit full force and finished what the previous attack had started. Sakuyamon was deleted. Lilithmon smiled and took a look around. Seeing that no one is going to attack her in the next few moments, she made two card slashes, just in case. The cards she had activated previously wore off a second later.

"So much about Sakuyamon boosting your defense. Shadow Conjuration!" Suddenly BlackWarGreymon, Beelzemon and Gallantmon were surrounded by shadows that covered them completely and each split into two. Five seconds later the shadows around the original three disappeared and revealed them, looking the same as before. The shadows around the other three vanished as well revealing what looked like shadow versions of BlackWarGreymon, Beelzemon and Gallantmon. All three were like made from darkness and shadows.

"That's an interesting idea." Commented Alice after seeing what the dark Zeon had done.

"Thank you. Oh, and if you are thinking about attacking the shadows, forget it. They are immune to all attacks. The only way to destroy them is to destroy the originals. But I assure you their attacks are as deadly as the attacks of the real ones."

"Thanks for the warning. Now I can prepare accordingly." She took one of her cards. "Digi modify! Taomon's Talisman Spell activate!" Taomon's barrier surrounded her. Right on time, as it turned out a little bit later.

"It doesn't matter how deadly their attacks are if they can't move and attack. Don't you agree?" Asked the neutral one. Chains appeared out of thin air and bind everyone except MetalSeadramon in place. Then the data Mega opened his mouth and breathed out fires that engulfed everything and everyone. They lasted for just a few seconds, then they disappeared together with the chains. But it was enough to destroy Lilithmon's shield, hurt her a little and severely damaged all other digimon. "I know it's not original, but it's effective and that's all that matters."

The shadow BlackWarGreymon attacked MetalSeadramon, Beelzemon and his shadow attacked Valkyrimon, Gallantmon attacked Imperialdramon, and his shadow attacked Lilithmon. WarGreymon decided to help Valkyrimon.

"You two had your fun. Now it's my turn. Freeze!" With the exception of the three vaccines all digimon (including the shadows) were encased in ice blocks.

"Terra Force!"

"Positron Laser!"

Both attacks were aimed at BlackWarGreymon, who had tried to sneak behind WarGreymon. The orange energy ball combined with the purple laser was enough to delete the virus on the spot. With him gone, the shadow attacking the data Mega vanished.

"Unfreeze!" The dark Zeon growled the word. The ice prisons disappeared the same way they had appeared.

"Double Impact!" Valkyrimon dodged the attack of the original, but failed to avoid the attack of the shadow and Lilithmon had a chance to see just how deadly the shadows really are.

"River of Power!" The Demon lord's torso was pierced and he started deleting. He used what was left of his energy to fire at Imperialdramon. The dragon was it in the head and since he was weakened by MetalSeadramon's attack earlier it finished him off and deleted him as well.

"Looks like the odds are even once more." Spoke the neutral Zeon. WarGreymon attacked the data Mega, who in return tried to shoot him with his River of Power. In the meantime Gallantmon attacked Lilithmon.

"Lightning Joust!"

"Digi modify! WarGreymon's Brave Shield activate! WarGreymon!" WarGreymon's shield appeared in the viral Mega's hands and deflected the attack. "Terra Force!" A large red-orange energy ball appeared between Lilithmon's hands and she threw it at the knight, who used his shield to deflect it. "Phantom Pain!" Darkness surrounded the knight and pain surged through his body. A single Lightning Joust was enough to rip apart the darkness. Unfortunately the attack had served its purpose already. Lilithmon had gotten close enough to Gallantmon for a melee attack. "Darkness Spear!" Another spear, made of pure darkness, appeared in her right hand. Instead of throwing it at her wounded opponent, she used it to pierce him a few times. The first two attempts were blocked by the Aegis, but the third one managed to get through the shield and pierce the knight, as did the next two, leaving three cracks in the armor of her opponent. She let the spear vanish, then stroke at Gallantmon with the nails of her right hand. "Nazar Nail!" A single touch was enough to finish the viral Mega, who was near death anyway thanks to all the damage he had received. With the original gone the shadow faded away before he could finish his attempt to sneak on Alice and attack her in the back.

"River of Power!"

"Great Tornado!"

And MetalSeadramon was history as well, leaving only Lilithmon and WarGreymon still standing.

"Let's end this. Terra Force!"

"Eden Lost!"

The two attacks collided, resulting in a big explosion.

"Phantom Pain!" Darkness surrounded WarGreymon, followed by excruciating pain.

"Great Tornado!" The attack tore apart the cloud surrounding the dragon warrior. He did so right on time to see…

"Darkness Spear!"

… a spear of darkness headed his way. That was the last thing he ever saw.

Alice turned back into her human self. "This one was the last. I guess that makes me the winner."

"Well, yes… sort of. This little demonstration had only one goal: to show you what we can do." Reluctantly confirmed the Neutral.

"And it did. It showed me that in dreams you have all the power of the other types of Zeons."

"Precisely." Said the Dark.

"But this is only in dreams." Noted the blond.

"Yes, but does it really matter? Everyone sleeps sooner or later. And everyone dreams." Pointed the Light one.

"And everyone has dreams that are his or her own and no one else's. I have no right to invade them."

"Invade?" The Dark Zeon sounded a bit surprised by Alice's words. "Taking a look at someone's dream and eventually changing it is no invasion! It is the perfect way to give someone an idea without him knowing it. But enough talking! We showed you what we could offer. Now it's time to choose."

"My choice was made hours ago, before coming here. And this "demonstration" did nothing to change it. It stays the same. My answer to all of you is "No". I will not accept any of you for I have no need of the power you can offer. This is my final decision. Now be gone!"

The next thing she heard was some kind of ringing sound that woke her up. She stood up in her bed. At first she wondered why does she keep hearing that sound, until she realized it is the alarm clock she had set up before going to sleep. She turned it off and took a look at the clock. It was 6 in the morning. Alice remembered this was the time she had set it up for. **I'm glad that's over with. Although I didn't think I'll be able to win without using my fifth attack. I guess they simply are too weak because they are not in possession of any digimon. Maybe I should have asked them about their world. Nah, that would only make them suspicious of me. The question is now what to do? ** She thought for a minute. **It's too early for breakfast, so I'll take a bath. Then I'll think further.** After the last thought she got out of bed and left the room.

 

<In another world>

 

**This isn't over yet, Alice. I will NOT accept "No" for an answer. You will take my power whether you want to or not.**


**********