Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Maiden of Light ❯ Trouble ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When reading the chapter keep in mind that I have not seen the Digimon movies or season 4, so I have no idea what Seraphimon's attacks look like. Therefor the attacks I have used will probably be different from the real ones. If I ever find out what his attacks look like, I'll correct the descriptions.


Disclaimer: I don't own "Digimon" or the characters, used in this story. They belong to someone else (I don't know who and I don't really care), so don't sue.

I own only what I have created (which isn't much).



" " - speech
** ** - thoughts (if any)
< > - change in place and/or time
* * * * * * - prophecy
~ ~ - telepathy
`Zeon's words/thoughts'


**********


The Dark Maiden of Light

Chapter 9

Trouble


**********


Ophanimon was waiting for Nefertimon's return. She was outside looking at the sky. Few meters behind her back was the palace entrance. On each of her sides were two of her Seraphimon guards. Angewomon was there too, flying in the air above, searching for any sign of trouble.

After nearly thirty minutes Nefertimon finally returned. She landed before her Queen and her body shook, almost collapsing. She was breathing heavily and it was obvious she was exhausted, almost all her energy spent.

"It is done, my Queen. Everyone received your orders and will follow them without questions even though all are curious what the reason for all this is."

"And the group…?"

"The group is assembled and on its way to meet LadyDevimon. It is only a matter of time."

"And you are sure no one else will get in her way? No would-be heroes and heroines?"

"Absolutely. You have nothing to worry about, my Queen."

"Good. Now go take some rest. You deserve it."

"Thank you." Nefertimon went into the palace.

"Are you sure this was a good idea? They are our best warriors after all."

"I know. If this girl is who I think she is, then I'm sending them to certain death. But it is the only way. I must be sure it is her. This is my only option."

"For the first time I hope you're wrong."

"Me too. But hope alone will not save us. We must prepare for her arrival."


LadyDevimon was flying towards the palace. The last two places she had visited had turned out to be deserted. She could only guess why. Maybe it was because the angels there had been part from the last group she had met. Or maybe they had been recalled by Ophanimon after the warning from that Nefertimon she had heard about. Whatever the reason she found no one to fight with at either of the two locations.

**Too bad the Council doesn't know the exact number of Ophanimon's servants. My life would be a lot easier if I knew how many more I must destroy.**

Suddenly she felt a large group of digimon headed her way. There were at least ten and all of them directly on her path. **I have a bad feeling about this.**

Soon she saw them. Two MarineAngemon, two MagnaAngemon, two Angewomon and four Nefertimon. The group was led by a single Seraphimon. A total of eleven opponents. **Three Mega digimon. Looks like I'll have to use my Mega form.**

Mode change digivolution!

LadyDevimon mode change too… Lilithmon.

The virus was surrounded by white light. When it disappeared, Lilithmon had taken LadyDevimon's place. Seconds later the angels reached her.

"So you are that girl we heard about." Spoke Seraphimon.

"Yeah, so?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to be sure we are not making a mistake. The Queen has requested one final proof of our loyalty. And that is your destruction."

"I'm afraid you'll have to disappoint her."

"I think not. We have never failed to do what she asks before. We will not fail now either."

"So be it. Prepare to be deleted."

"You took the words out of my mouth."


~ ~ ~ ~

`Be careful. If Ophanimon has sent them to fight with you, they must be her best.'

**I figured as much. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing… I think.**

`Well, that's reassuring. Good luck. You're gonna need it.'

~ ~ ~ ~


The four Nefertimon were the first to attack her. They tried separate attacks, but Lilithmon dodged them with ease and made a quick card slash. "Digi-modify! Sakuyamon's Talisman Sphere activate!"

After their Cat's Eye Beam attacks missed the four Armors gathered together in a group.

"Rosetta stone!" Red beams shot from the crowns of her assailants up in the air and intertwined in one. Just like the two Nefertimon from the last group. **Not that trick again. What makes them think a single tombstone, no matter how big and fast it is, will work against me? I'm a Mega after all. I must remember to ask them before deleting them.**

Much to Lilithmon's surprise the result from the combined attacks wasn't a single large stone as she had expected. Instead a whole group of small stones was launched. Each stone was glowing with red light and all were VERY fast. The virus managed to dodge some in the last moment, but most still hit her shield and exploded. It wasn't enough to destroy it, but sure shook her a bit.

"Eden Lost!" The viral Mega answered by firing a single skull at the attacking group, but they quickly scattered, effortlessly dodging it. Then they returned to attacking with another Rosetta stone.

**Right now I wish I were LadyDevimon. Her Darkness Wave would prove useful. Wait, didn't I take a LadyDevimon card among the other in my deck?** She quickly took the card out and used it. "Digi-modify! LadyDevimon! Darkness Wave!" The wave of bats forced the four Nefertimon to scatter, but nothing more.

"Nice trick, honey, but useless against us. Rosetta stone!"

**Here we go again. I better think of something quickly.** She evaded the first wave of stones while thinking about her options. Few of the stones in the next wave hit her shield, nearly destroying it. Before a third wave could be launched she remembered something she had forgotten because she was too concentrated on avoiding the enemy attacks. **I don't believe it! I allowed them to distract me so much that I forgot what my own attacks are and what I can do!** The third wave of stones hit her full force and finished off her weakened shield, but the virus didn't care. "Okay, you had your say. Now it's my turn. Phantom Pain!" One of the four Nefertimon was engulfed in darkness and she screamed from the pain that she felt surging through her body. The attack was followed by a single Darkness Spear that finished off the weakened and blinded digimon.

"One down, three to go. Phantom Pain!" Another one was surrounded by darkness. The remaining two attacked Lilithmon in an attempt to distract her. "Nice try, but completely futile. Darkness Spear!" Nefertimon number two joined the deleted.

The last two flew directly at the viral Mega trying to surprise her with a ramming attack.

"Darkness Wave!" Instead they were greeted with a wave of bats and consequently deleted.

"Four down. Who's next?"

"We are. The other seven digimon had just watched the fight without doing anything. Now the four Ultimates joined the battle. The last three vaccines remained on their places.

"Celestial Arrow!"

Two arrows of light were fired at the demon empress, but missed. They however allowed the other two attacking digimon to get close enough to their prey. "Excalibur!" the virus managed to dodge the energy blades.

"What? No Gates of Destiny? Funny. I was sure it would be the first you will try."

"Without any doubt others have tried it before us. Obviously it didn't work before. And there is no reason to think it will work now either. So why should we waste our time and energy? This attack however will work. It always does."

**These guys seem to be not only strong, but also smart. Great. As if they are not enough trouble already.** "It will, but only if you can reach me. Digi-modify! Hyper Speed activate!"

The card took effect and made her fast enough to be able to stay away from the two MagnaAngemon without any trouble, thus allowing her to concentrate on the other two Ultimates, who were the ones with ranged attacks.

"Phantom Pain!" Darkness surrounded the closer of the two Angewomon. It took all the strength of her will not to scream from the pain she felt.

"Excalibur!" The purple blade ripped apart the darkness.

"My eyes! She blinded me!"


~ ~ ~ ~

**Blinded her? I didn't know this attack could blind.**

`It rarely happens, which is why few know it.'

~ ~ ~ ~


"Magna Antidote!" The same MagnaAngemon that helped Angewomon now cured her blindness.

"Full Cure!" Seraphimon pointed his right hand at the wounded Angewomon. Rainbow colored sphere surrounded her and started rapidly healing her wounds. Few seconds later the sphere vanished, leaving the Ultimate fully healed.

**Okay. Next time I better finish her off quickly before someone heals her again.**

"Celestial Arrow!" Again the two arrows missed. Lilithmon immediately counterattacked. "Phantom Pain!" The target was the same Angewomon she had attacked before. This time it was the other MagnaAngemon who tried to help her. "Excalibur!" Once again the darkness was ripped apart. Too late however. "Eden Lost!" Angewomon saw the burning skull too late. It hit the female angel and exploded, deleting her and hurting MagnaAngemon as well. "HP Recover!" The other one pointed his left hand at his wounded comrade. A cloud glowing with golden light appeared above the head of the wounded Ultimate and golden dust started raining down on him, healing his wounds, although it wasn't as effective as Seraphimon's cure.

"This is getting annoying. Phantom Pain!" The target was the second Angewomon. The other vaccines were too far from her to be able to do anything to help. "Eden Lost!" She heard this and even though she couldn't see due to the darkness around her she had already seen this attack once, so she knew what is coming. Ignoring the pain surging through her body she brought her hands together and concentrated all her energy to create the strongest energy shield she could. A second later the skull hit it and exploded, destroying it and further wounding her. But thanks to it she survived. A fact that became clear to all as soon as they saw that the darkness is still there. Seraphimon pointed his hand at the nearly dead Ultimate preparing to use his cure again. He never got the chance. "Darkness Spear!" The attack finished off Angewomon.

"Two more down. Now to deal with you two."

"You are welcome to try. Excalibur!" The two remaining Ultimates dove forth to the virus.

"Darkness Wave!" They were greeted with a wave of bats and the first was deleted while the second was badly hurt. "Darkness Spear!" Lilithmon used the spear as a melee weapon and finished off the wounded.

"Well, now it is just you three and me. Ready to join your dead friends?"

"Dream on, demon. Strike of the 7 Stars!" By the time Seraphimon finished the sentence the seven orbs of golden light were already heading towards their target. They had been fired as soon as they were ready (which was when the angel said "the") instead of after he called the whole name of the attack. The viral Mega swiftly avoided all seven, but it gave the two small vaccines the time they needed. By using their Kahuna Waves they created sea blue protective bubbles around themselves and Seraphimon.

"And that is supposed to protect you from my attacks? Are you kidding me? Eden Lost!"

"Strike of the 7 Stars!" The burning skull and the seven orbs of holy energy met with explosive results, but no one was hurt.

"Darkness Spear!" The attack missed completely.

"Nice try. But while we watched you fight with our friends we studied you. So we know what to expect. You can't surprise us." Informed her Seraphimon.

"Ah, so that's why you didn't attack me all at once. You wanted to study me. That's why you just watched while I slaughtered your comrades one by one. And I thought you just don't care whether or not I'll delete them all."

"Actually, the reason we didn't attack you together is because you are all alone while we were many. Therefor every time we missed there was a high chance that we would hit each other instead. So it was better to attack you separated in three groups. This way we would be unable to surround you, but there would be no danger of us hitting our friends. It's as simple as that."

"I see. Everything you said is true, except one: I can surprise you. I have an attack I haven't used yet. But there is no way I'll give you the honor to be destroyed by it."

"How arrogant. If you were hoping to impress us, it didn't work. Now are we going to finish this or not?"

"Of course we are. Phantom Pain!"

The target was the closer of the two MarineAngemon. Much to the small Mega's surprise his shield did not protect him from the pain. Before any of his friends could help him Lilithmon used her Phantom Pain attack twice more and they too were surrounded by darkness.

"Darkness Spear!" All three moved, trying to avoid the attack. But this time Lilithmon had settled for the melee version, as her original target found out. Three quick strikes with the spear destroyed his shield. The fourth deleted him.

"My eyes! She blinded me!" Shouted Seraphimon in frustration. The second MarineAngemon's Kahuna Waves quickly restored his sight. Right on time for him to see the last of his companions get assaulted and consequently deleted.

"Now it's just you and me. I hope you'll be more of a challenge than your friends were."

"No need to worry. Strike of the 7 Stars!"

"Eden Lost!" Again the two attacks met with explosive results. Following her intuition Lilithmon made a quick card slash. "Digi-modify! Taomon's Talisman Spell activate!" Seeing that his Strike of the 7 Stars is of no use against his opponent Seraphimon dove forward with surprising speed and started raining punches and kicks at the viral Mega. She dodged most, but some still hit her shield and it was soon destroyed. Seconds before this happened she managed to swipe another card through her D-ark. "Digi-modify! Hyper Speed activate!" Thanks to the card she was able to avoid the attacks that followed.

"Phantom Pain!" Seraphimon was surrounded by darkness and pain surged through his body, but he ignored it.

"Darkness can't hide you from me. I may be unable to see you, but I can feel you." His words were proven true soon enough. He kept attacking Lilithmon with surprising accuracy, making it impossible for the virus to concentrate enough in order to use another attack. A single Darkness Spear would be enough, but the time needed was a whole second. Too long under the current circumstances. It would be enough for Seraphimon to get one hit. And that could be fatal.

Soon Lilithmon's attack wore off and the darkness vanished. "You can't run forever, girl. Sooner or later you'll have to face me."

"I would prefer later. But it seems I don't have much choice. Nazar Nail!" Suddenly Lilithmon dove forth at her opponent. The move was almost suicidal. The nails on her right hand pierced Seraphimon's armor and cut him deep. He felt pain like nothing before and his flesh started to rot almost instantly. But he took the blow and carried on. "Knee Kick!" The angel kicked the Demon empress in the stomach, much to her surprise. But she still managed to answer accordingly with another Nazar Nail, causing a second deep wound. The vaccine realized this one was fatal. His strength was slowly but surely flowing out of his body. He was getting weaker by the second. "Knee Kick!" He kicked the virus a second time. Then he grabbed her in his hands before she could recover and started flying to the ground below. His speed increased with every passing second. He was using all of his remaining strength to prevent the virus from freeing herself.

Lilithmon realized this. She couldn't free herself because the angel was too strong and his grip was hard to brake even in his weakened state. But with some struggle she managed to reach her D-ark and activate the last card she had used in advance. It was a strength card. As soon as it took effect she received the strength needed to brake free. Then she finished Seraphimon with another Nazar Nail. The vaccine burst into data.

**Phew. That was harder than I had imagined. I hope these digimon were really Ophanimon's best warriors and there will be no one else between me and her.** After the last thought she continued on her way to her target. She had no idea what surprise awaits her.


Ophanimon was outside of her palace, standing at the entrance. Alone. Nefertimon had left, as per her orders. The others were waiting inside as she had ordered. She was without her javelin and shield. She had left them inside because she wanted to speak with the girl, not fight her, and that wasn't very likely to happen if the angel woman looked ready for battle.

At last she felt the approach of a digimon. It was one digimon without any doubt. **The question is who is it? Is it one of my own? Or is it her?**

When the digimon got closer, the queen saw who it is. It was a Lilithmon she had never seen before. She sighed. **So it is as I feared. This girl is the Dark Maiden of Light, as the prophecy calls her. And we are the blinded angels. The ones I sent against her must be long dead. They were loyal subjects and some of my best warriors. A pity I had to sacrifice them like this, but I had no choice. I just hope she didn't load their data so they will be reborn in the City of Rebirth.**

The viral Mega didn't need long to reach her.

"You have arrived at last. Good. We need to talk."


Lilithmon finally saw the palace in the distance. A little later she saw Ophanimon as well. Some time ago she had seen an Ophanimon card. This one looked just like the picture on the card, except for two missing details. The angel was wearing blue armor, but had no shield or javelin. And she was looking at the virus without any sign of worry in her eyes. In fact, it was as if she was waiting for the viral Mega. There was no one else around, at least as far as the demon empress could see. **Strange. This is not what I expected. Not at all.**

When Lilithmon reached Ophanimon, the angel spoke. But her words were the last thing the virus had expected.

"You have arrived at last. Good. We need to talk."

"We? You and me? Why should I want to speak with you? I was sent…" She stopped, unsure what exactly to say.

"You were sent to stop me by any means necessary, including my deletion. I know this so you can say it freely."

"So you know."

"Oh, I know a lot, my dear. I know you were a human. Tell me, what is your name and how did you get in our world?"

"My name is Alice McCoy. I came here through a portal. My turn. How do you know about me?"

"Remember your battle with Imperialdramon? One of my Nefertimon servants watched the whole fight from above. She was high in the sky, so she remained unnoticed. She saw you turn from a girl into a digimon. And because you had some kind of human backpack she decided you are a human who was turned into a digimon, not a digimon who somehow got a human form. By the way, could you please show me your human form?"

"Why do you want to see me as a human? And why should I show you anything at all?"

"I just want to know who am I really fighting with. As you can see I came out here to wait for you unarmed. I did so to show you that I am not here to fight. As long as you don't enter my palace you have nothing to worry about. So you can turn into human form. Nothing will happen. As for your second question, I am answering your questions and you are answering mine. Showing me what I want is basically the same as answering a question with a picture instead of words. So why not?"

"Fine." White light surrounded the virus. "Lilithmon mode change too… human mode."

Ophanimon looked Alice up and down. "Wow. You're a beauty, my dear. Whoever you marry will be one lucky guy."

"Thanks for the compliment. Any other requests?"

"Not at the moment. Now where were we? Ah, yes. You said you came here through a portal. You are not from our sector, are you? Which sector are you from?"

"The South sector. Why? Does it matter?"

"Not really. I suppose you have seen digimon in your world before coming here?"

"What makes you think that?"

"The way you act. You seem to have no problem with accepting digimon. Few kids, regardless of age, will be like that if they have never met a digimon before. So I believe there have been digimon in your world. And maybe they had human partners. In other words, DigiDestined."

"You are correct, except that our "DigiDestined" are called "Tamers". I have met some of them once in the past during a great peril for both the human and the digital world."

"Obviously you survived through that peril, otherwise you wouldn't be here. Let's go back to your arrival. Do you know where that portal you used is and how to return home?"

"To be honest, no. Why?"

"I could help you go back."

"You could? How exactly?"

"I can open portals. I could open the one you used so that you could go back."

"Surely it won't be for free. What do you want in return?"

"As you know I seek the Zeons. And you have one. Give it to me. That is all I want."

"I thought so. No way. You are NOT getting my Zeon."

Ophanimon sighed. "I thought so. But I had to try nonetheless. Anyway, after you defeated Imperialdramon you must've met one of the Council's members. I suppose they told you about me? And that they can help you go home?"

"Yes, they did. They also said they tried to persuade you to abandon your quest, but they failed. Is there anyway I could do that instead?"

"Make me abandon my quest? No. Sorry."

"A pity, really. I was hoping you could be reasoned with, unlike your servants. Looks like I was wrong."

"I'm afraid so. But let's go back to the Council. I suppose they explained to you why I must be stopped and that you must stop me?"

"Well... yes. So…" Alice was going to say "So what?" but she wasn't allowed to finish.

"So" Ophanimon interrupted "You must know the prophecy about the Dark Maiden of Light. After all, that is you. Tell me, did the Council tell you about Anubismon?"

"No. What does he has to do with the prophecy?"

"She, not he. This one unlike most is female."

"Okay, whatever. Same question. What does she has to do with this?"

"Remember the Defeated One mentioned in the prophecy? It is Anubismon."

"And how do you know?"

"I know because I am the one who defeated her."

"You?"

"Yes, me. Do you know about the Ring of the Ancients?"

"No."

"I thought so. Well, let me tell you about them. You see, long ago, before the World Break, there was a group of very powerful digimon. They weren't evil, but they weren't good either. Except for the Sovereigns few could challenge them so they did whatever they liked. They were the first to realize how dangerous Empress Dellia is. Her growing power was a threat to them, so they decided it will be best to destroy her before she could get too much power. Alas, they were too late. When they engaged her in combat she defeated them along with all of their servants. However she didn't bother to delete them. She simply sealed them in a prison of rock. She thought all who served them were deleted. But she was wrong. One survived."

"Let me guess. Anubismon."

"Yes, except that at the time she wasn't Anubismon. She had dedigivolved to her rookie level. She swore to free the Ring of the Ancients. After the World Break passed she started growing more and more powerful and many digimon became her servants. Maybe she would've succeeded in her quest to free her masters, but I didn't give her the chance. I already told you how powerful her masters are. The fact that they challenged Dellia says enough. It was too dangerous to let them walk in the world again. So I took all of my servants and we attacked Anubismon. After a long battle and many losses from both sides we won and I sealed away Anubismon and all of her servants (those who survived, that is). The seal will last for as long as I live. But if I die, she will be free. The Council knows this, but it seems they just don't care."

"You defeated Anubismon. If I defeat you, then I can defeat her too. Perhaps that is why they don't care."

"You are forgetting her servants. Do you honestly believe she will fight you one on one? Don't be silly. She won't. And you don't have anyone to back you up in that fight."

"Are you trying to talk your way out of fighting me? Because if you are, it's not working."

"You are the one who should be trying to avoid the fight. I have a lot more experience than you, my dear. Fighting with me will be harder than any of your previous battles."

"This may be, but I will fight you nonetheless."

"You are brave. I like that. Good. Enough talking. We'll talk more the next time we meet."

"The next time? What makes you so sure there will be a next time?"

"Oh, there will be. Now if you are sure you want to face me, follow me."

With this said Ophanimon turned around and walked inside the palace.


Alice changed back into Lilithmon and followed the vaccine. Ophanimon led her to a room with partially opened doors. She walked through them and disappeared from the virus' sight. When the Mega opened the doors and walked inside, she was greeted by four Seraphimon and an Angewomon. Surprisingly she seemed to be the leader. She had golden wings on her helmet, probably to signify her rank. Queen Ophanimon was no where to be seen. And with the five digimon in front of her the viral Mega had no time to look for her.

"Let me guess. You five are my welcoming committee, right? Well then, let's end this quickly. I don't want to keep your Queen waiting."

"Our Queen can be very patient when needed. So don't worry about her." Answered the Angewomon.

"Four Mega digimon led by an Ultimate? No matter how powerful she may be, you should be ashamed of yourself." Lilithmon said to the other four.

"Save your breath, virus. You'll need it for the battle."

"Fine. Sakuyamon's Talisman Sphere activate!" She had prepared three cards on her way to the palace, but this one was not among them. However her opponents did nothing to stop her card slash. Sakuyamon's barrier surrounded her.

"Strike of the 7 Stars!"

"Eden Lost!" Once again the two attacks met and the result was an explosion. Lilithmon didn't waste any time. "Darkness Spear!"

"Ugh!" The closest Seraphimon took the attack full force, but it only wounded him. This quickly changed thanks to one of the other three. "Full Cure!" Rainbow colored sphere the same as the one from the previous battle surrounded the wounded Mega. Seconds later he was fully healed.

"Eden Lost!" This time the target was Angewomon. She brought her hands together, creating a shield, just like the second Angewomon had done in the previous battle, only this one was a little bit stronger. But it still was destroyed and she was hurt a little. "Darkness Spear!" She wasn't fast enough or far enough to avoid the attack, but she moved to the side quickly enough to get hit in the left shoulder instead of in the middle of her chest, as Lilithmon had intended. "Full Cure!" Seconds later the rainbow colored sphere vanished, leaving a fully healed Angewomon.

"You know, this healing ability of yours is really getting on my nerves."

"You're not going to let some healing ability stop you, are you?"

"Of course not. Darkness Spe-" She was interrupted by a shout.

"Enough!" Everyone turned to the one who had shouted. Namely Ophanimon.


As soon as Ophanimon entered the room she went to her javelin and shield and picked them up. Then she started concentrating her energy. This was the crucial part of her plan. And the most dangerous. The whole process would not take long, but she needed full concentration. No interruptions whatsoever. The place she was standing on was to the side of the room and was made in such a way that it would remain unnoticed if Lilithmon wasn't given a chance to take a look around. Which was why Angewomon and her Seraphimon guards were there. They were to distract Lilithmon long enough for Ophanimon to do what she intended.

Everything worked as planned. The battle seemed like a draw for the moment, but it was of no importance. Soon the Queen was ready. She had concentrated almost all of her energy in her javelin and it was now glowing with white light.

"Enough!" Ophanimon shouted, interrupting the battle. Everyone turned in her direction. She pointed her javelin to a point between the combatants. A beam of white light shot from it and the weapon stopped glowing. The beam of light hit an invisible spot and transformed into a circle of light very much like the portal Alice had used. Then the light started to get darker until it was almost completely black. Then the portal started to open. Black water could be seen through it. The world on the other side looked very dark, no light could be seen. Soon the portal was fully opened.

The whole thing took only a few seconds even though it didn't seem so. The five angels used this time to move and when the portal opened Lilithmon was between them and the entrance. All five unleashed their attacks and despite the fact she did her best to avoid them, one still hit her shield and nearly pushed her through. "Shining Javelin!" Ophanimon added her own attack and that was enough. The portal closed behind Lilithmon.


Angewomon watched the portal close. Her memories returned her few hours in the past to the moment when she and the four Seraphimon were receiving their orders.


<Flashback>


"…Here's what you must do when she's here. After I lead her here I will start concentrating my energy. It won't take long, but there must be no disturbances during the whole time. This is why I need you five. Your main objective is to keep her occupied so that she won't bother me. Your second objective is to stay alive for as long as possible. As for you, my dear" She turned her attention to Angewomon "I have one additional task for you. Try not to let her take a good look at you."

The Ultimate looked at Ophanimon confused. "I… don't understand…"

"There is no need to understand. I will explain after the battle. Now let's go back to what you five must do. After I have finished concentrating my energy, I will open a portal. You five must help me push Lilithmon through it. It will close on its own as soon as one person has traveled through. So make sure she doesn't push you instead."

"A portal? To where?"

"To another world. The opening of the portal will take seconds and it will open right here." Ophanimon showed them the exact place. Then she went to another place in the room. "I will leave my weapons here. This is also the spot where I'll be standing while preparing to open the portal. This particular place cannot be seen from the door so in order to find me after I have entered the room Lilithmon will need to take a look around. If you keep her busy, she won't get that chance. Now are there any questions or is everything clear?"

All five digimon standing before her had no questions.

"Good. Then let us prepare."


<End Flashback>


The plan had worked perfectly. Now Angewomon could ask the question she wanted answered.

"So why did you want me to try not to let her see me very well? I still don't understand."

"Quite simple, my dear. I wanted this so she won't know it's not you when she returns and is greeted by four Seraphimon and one Angewomon."

"When she returns? What makes you so sure she'll be back?"

"That's what the prophecy says. I see no reason to think this time will be the first when things will not happen as written in that prophecy. So she will be back. And next time she won't fall for that portal trick again. So I'll have no other choice but to face her." **After she destroys my guards and the poor Angewomon that will take your place, my love. But I have no choice. If I simply let her kill me, she might figure out what my plan is.**

"And what about me? Where am I going to be while you fight with her?"

"You had enough fighting for today. You all need rest, as do I. I'm sure she won't be back until morning. Tomorrow I will give you your orders for when she returns. They will answer your question about where you will be."

With this the conversation ended.


Lilithmon took a look around, examining her surroundings. It didn't take her long to realize where she had been sent.

**Aw, crap.**


**********