Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Maiden of Light ❯ Demon vs. Angels ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own "Digimon" or the characters, used in this story. They belong to someone else (I don't know who and I don't really care), so don't sue.

I own only what I have created (which isn't much).


" " - speech
** ** - thoughts (if any)
< > - change in place and/or time
* * * * * * - prophecy
~ ~ - telepathy
`Zeon's words/thoughts'


**********


The Dark Maiden of Light

Chapter 8

Demon vs. Angels


**********


Nefertimon was flying as fast as she could. There was only one group left and then she could go back.

**I just hope I'm not too late.**

The armor could already feel a group of digimon up ahead of her. **It must be them. Let's see… One… Two… Three… Four… Five… Six. SIX? There should be only five! And judging by his power the sixth one must be an Ultimate. Oh, no! I hope it's not what I think it is! Not the girl!**

Soon her destination was in her view. And she didn't like what she was seeing. She could see the whole group far below. And the LadyDevimon approaching them.

**Oh, no! I'm too late!**


LadyDevimon could already feel the five digimon not far from her. Soon she saw them as well. One Lucemon, two Angemon and two Nefertimon. They were resting on the ground. Suddenly they all got up and looked towards her.

**Looks like they noticed me. Doesn't matter. I never intended to use the element of surprise anyway.**

The area she had reached half an hour ago was a mix of rocks, grass and trees. Far to the north a small lake could be seen. There were several groups of digimon in the distance (one of them resting near the lake), but they were all too far to be of any importance for the moment.

The angels watched as the Ultimate approached them. Lucemon, obviously the leader, stepped forth to greet her.

"Hello there. Is there anything we can do for you, miss?"

**A rookie leading two Champions and two Armors? He must be something special.** "Hi. Maybe you could help me. It depends on whether or not you serve Ophanimon. I was told you do."

Lucemon's expression didn't change, but the other four looked at her suspiciously.

"Yes, we do. Why do you ask? And who told you about us anyway? The Council perhaps?"

"As a matter of fact, yes, it was the Council. Does it matter?"

"The Council. Did they send you to try and persuade us to abandon our quest? Or perhaps they sent you to stop us? They must be pretty desperate to send a viral Ultimate. After all, we have the advantage against viruses, and even if we didn't, there are a number of Mega digimon among us."

"I already know all that. The Council sent me to destroy you, but I was hoping I could convince you to give up on your quest and leave without fighting. I suppose I was hoping for too much?"

"I'm afraid so. We will never give up on our quest. If you want to stop us, you must destroy us." After the last word all five digimon took fighting stances.

LadyDevimon sighed. "I was afraid it will come to this. Fine. It is your funeral. If you're in such a hurry to get deleted, it's okay with me. Digi-modify! Taomon's Talisman Spell activate!" Taomon's barrier surrounded her.

"And that is supposed to protect you from us? Ha! Ground Cross!" The rookie spread his hands to the sides, forming a cross. His body glowed with white light and a white cross was launched at the virus.

"Hand of Fate!" Both Angemon fired golden beams of light at her.

"Rosetta stone!" Pink beams shot up from the crowns of the two Nefertimon and large tombstones were fired from them.

LadyDevimon sidestepped all attacks with less effort than it would take her to say her name. Her right hand transformed into a lance. She attacked the nearer of the two Nefertimon striking at her three times in quick succession. The third one found its target, hitting the Armor in the head and deleting her.

"One down, four to go. Evil Wing!" Fiery bats flew at the remaining angels. The two Angemon used their staffs to block the attack, while Lucemon and the remaining Nefertimon dodged.

"Rosetta stone!" This time the Armor fired red diamonds from her gauntlets. LadyDevimon destroyed them all by firing red beams from her eyes.

"Is that the best you can do? I'm disappointed. I expected more. Oh, well. Digi-modify! Silphymon's Static Force activate! Static Force!" A red globe of energy formed between the viral Ultimate's hands and she threw it at the vaccine. Nefertimon burst into data.

"Two down. Why didn't you help your comrade?" Asked the virus as she turned to the remaining vaccines. The answer became obvious when she saw them. Lucemon was standing in the middle, his hands forming a cross, with one Angemon on each side. The right fist of each of the two champions was glowing with golden light. The rookie was glowing too, only the light was white. Apparently while the Ultimate had been busy deleting Nefertimon the other three had concentrated their energy. Now they unleashed their attacks.

"Ground Cross!"

"Hand of Fate!"

The cross short forth towards LadyDevimon. The two beams of golden light joined it, the cross grew larger and its color changed from white to golden. It started glowing even brighter than before and began to move even faster.

"Darkness Wave!" A wave of bats and darkness intercepted the cross and halted it at bay for a few seconds, but then the combined attacks started to slowly push forward getting closer to the intended target, namely LadyDevimon.

**No way! Even combined their attacks can't be stronger than mine! Wait, when Jennai and the others gave me the map they warned me that Ophanimon's servants are very powerful. And here a rookie is leading champions. That means he is way stronger than normal. So I guess it is possible for his attack to overpower my own with the help of these two. Fortunately for me I prepared a few cards. Although I never thought I would need them so soon.** "Digi-modify! Power activate!" As soon as the card took effect, the viral attack started rapidly pushing back the three combined attacks. The two champions and the rookie could do nothing but stare at disbelief at what was happening.

"Aaaarrrgggghhh!" Lucemon screamed with pain when the bats reached him. That was the last thing he ever did. A second later he was nothing more than a cloud of data flying away.

"So much about your leader. But don't worry, you will soon join him. Darkness Wave!"

After the remaining two digimon were deleted as well, LadyDevimon sat down to take a short rest before the next battle. **If all of Ophanimon's servants are like these, I'll have to take this a bit more seriously. It isn't going to be as easy as I thought.**


High in the sky above the battlefield below Nefertimon saw it all. As soon as the last member of the group was deleted she started flying back to the palace to warn her Queen.

**This is bad. This is very bad. I must hurry and warn everyone before it is too late.**

Far below, on the ground, LadyDevimon was lost in more of her memories about Dobermon.

 

<Flashback>

 

Alice watched helplessly as the data that had been Dobermon only seconds ago was sucked into the hole in the sky. She saw the same happen to other digimon too.

**So many. I had no idea there are so many digimon in our world. I wonder how they remained hidden? And why did they have to die? Some of them may have been evil, but at least a few of them must've been good, like Dobermon. They didn't deserve this fate. This isn't right.**

Tears welled in the girl's eyes. Dobermon had been her friend. For the first time in years she had felt happy. Now all of a sudden he had been taken away from her. She felt alone once again. Alice tried to be strong and not cry, but failed and tears started falling from her eyes.

**Farewell, Dobermon. Farewell, my friend.**

Alice waved at the data floating away even though she knew Dobermon was gone so he could not see it. Then without any warning something happened. She didn't know what, but the result was obvious. Not only the hole in the sky stopped sucking in digimon, but also fog came out of it.

**A digital field? What is going on?**

Weeks later when her grandfather went to work at Hypnos with the rest of his old friends, she learned that the Devas had come through the hole. She also learned about the tamers. Then D-reaper arrived in the real world. He was shortly followed by the last person she expected.

Alice's home was far enough from the D-reaper zone for her and her family to stay there. Now the blond girl was going home after she had bought a few things as asked by her grandfather. She had almost reached the entrance when another digital field appeared. When the fog cleared enough she saw who had arrived. It took her a few seconds to believe her eyes.

"Do… Dobermon? But… I thought you're dead. How…?"

"I was dead. But the Sovereigns brought me back and sent me to this world to find the tamers."

"The tamers? Why?"

"I have something for them. Something that will help them against D-reaper."

"And after you give them this `something'? What then?"

"I fear that it will be my second end."

"What? No! This cannot be! You died before my eyes. I thought I would never see you again. Now you are back. You can't expect me to just stay and watch while you die." Tears began to well in her eyes again. Something very unusual for the blond girl. Her tears when Dobermon had died had been the first in years.

"If I don't do what I was sent for, both the digital and the real world will be destroyed and all of their inhabitants will die, including us. It is better if I die alone so that you and everyone else can live."

Even though she did not want to accept it Alice knew her friend speaks the truth.

"Besides" continued Dobermon "as long as you remember me and keep me in your heart I will live. Now please help me find the tamers."

Alice only nodded, not trusting her voice enough to speak.

 

<End flashback>

 

It hadn't taken long for them to find the tamers. Dobermon had died again, but at least this time Alice had taken a farewell.


LadyDevimon returned to the present.

**I will never forget you, Dobermon. I swear.** She got up and flew in the direction of the next group.


MagnaAngemon was sitting on the ground waiting. He and his group had had some training a couple of hours ago and now they were resting to restore their lost energy. Shortly before the end of the break the Ultimate sensed someone approaching.

"Get up you four. Someone's coming. It might be that LadyDevimon Nefertimon warned us about."

"You think she would dare to attack us?" Asked one of the Angemon.

"I'm sure she will. The only question is when. So get ready. We might need what we learned in that training sooner than we thought."

MagnaAngemon got in the air and turned in the direction of the approaching digimon. The other four followed.


LadyDevimon sensed a group of digimon directly on her path.

**This must be the next group. I better prepare.** She had already pre-used three cards. Now she took a fourth and made a quick card slash.

"Digi-modify! Taomon's Talisman Spell activate!"

Taomon's barrier surrounded the virus. She continued her flight.


Soon LadyDevimon was close enough to see her opponents: one MagnaAngemon, two Angemon and two Lucemon. The ground below was still the same combination of rocks, grass and trees she had been flying over. However the ground the five angels were standing on looked like there had been some fighting down there.

**Either they fought with someone or they had some kind of training. In any case it must've been hours ago so now they are ready to fight again.**

When the viral Ultimate was meters away from the angels MagnaAngemon spoke.

"I suppose you are the LadyDevimon Nefertimon told us about. We've been waiting for you."

**Waiting for me? I have a bad feeling about this.** "Well, here I am now. Is there something you want to tell me?"

"No, I just wanted to make you an offer. Give us the Zeon you found and our Queen will help you to go back to your world safely."

**My Zeon? How could they know? Unless that Nefertimon he mentioned saw my battle with Imperialdramon. And if they know, so does Ophanimon. So she'll have plenty of time to prepare. So much about the element of surprise. Oh, well, I'll worry about this later, after I'm done with these five.** "I am sorry, but regrettably I must decline."

"You'll regret this decision soon enough, I assure you. Kill her!" The Ultimate flew up and started watching from above.

"Ground Cross!"

"Hand of Fate!"

"Hand of Fate!"

"Ground Cross!"

The two rookies and two champions attacked simultaneously, but their attacks were easily outmaneuvered. "Is that all? The previous group I fought with was much better. Evil Wing!"

The fiery bats didn't hit anyone.

"So you already killed some of our friends? You'll pay for this with your life. Ground Cross!"

"Ground Cross!"

"Hand of Fate!"

"Hand of Fate!"

The four attacks combined in a single attack. First the two crosses merged into one, then the two beams of golden light joined it, changing its color from white to yellow. As in the previous fight the cross grew larger.

"Darkness Wave!" LadyDevimon's attack met with the attack of the vaccines and started struggling for power. **Looks like this cross is as powerful as the one in my previous battle. In other words the four combined attacks are as strong as the three from before. Looks like the leader of my last opponents was something truly special if his attack was so much more powerful. But it doesn't matter anymore. I already know how to deal with merged attacks.**

The virus reached for her D-ark and activated the first of the cards she had used in advance. "Digi-modify! Power activate!" As before, the enemy's attack was pushed back, only this time two Lucemon were deleted instead of one.

"Enough! It seems I underestimated you. You are more powerful than I thought. But you are still no match for me." MagnaAngemon flew down to the level of the remaining two Angemon, then he raised his right hand in the air. Excalibur started glowing with bright purple light.

"Hand of Fate!"

"Hand of Fate!"

The two beams of golden light hit the energy sword and were absorbed. The blade started glowing with even brighter light. It still was purple, but now there was a bit of golden hue to it. The two champions flew down to the ground exhausted.

"Not again! Can't you angels think of something else other than combining your attacks in one? It's getting old and boring." The comment was ignored.

"Gate of Destiny!" The eight-winged angel started drawing a circle in the air.

"Oh, no, you don't! Digi-modify! WarGreymon!" LadyDevimon activated the second card she had prepared. "Terra Force!" The virus threw an orange ball of energy at the gate. It hit just when the gate started to open. The result was an explosion that left nothing behind.

"Fine, we will do this the hard way. Excalibur!"

With surprising speed the angel reached the viral Ultimate and struck at her shield. She tried to dodge, but the vaccine was too fast. The attack found its mark.

"Wow. I never expected such speed. But I can be fast too. Digi-modify! Hyper Speed activate!" She used the last of the three prepared cards. For the short time it took to activate the card her shield was destroyed, but she no longer needed it.

MagnaAngemon attacked with his sword a few more times, but now his target was fast enough to dodge.

"Give up, you cannot win."

"Surrender? To you? Never!"

"So be it. Darkness Wave!"

The wave of bats missed. The angel was too fast. He tried another Gate of Destiny, but with the same result as before. LadyDevimon would not let the gate open as long as she could do something about it.

"You are starting to annoy me, angel." Spoke the viral Ultimate. Her hand transformed into a spike and she shot herself forth towards the vaccine. He avoided the strike, but hitting him had never been LadyDevimon's intention. Getting close was the goal. Now she unleashed another Darkness Wave. This time the distance between the combatants was too short so MagnaAngemon could do nothing but get hit full force and deleted as a result. With him gone the virus turned her attention to the two remaining digimon. They tried to fight back, but their energy was still too low. It took seconds to delete them, and then LadyDevimon continued on her way.

 

<Later that day>

 

Ophanimon was patiently waiting for the return of her messengers. She was at the entrance to her palace with two Seraphimon at each of her sides. At last she felt the approach of a digimon. It turned out it is Angewomon.

"It is done, my Queen. Everyone has been warned."

"Good. Let's hope Nefertimon didn't have any problems either."

The Queen started waiting again. She didn't have to wait long. Soon Nefertimon returned.

"My Queen!"

"What's wrong? Why are you in such a hurry? Has something happened?"

"I fear I have horrible news. LadyDevimon destroyed the last group before I could reach them. I could do nothing but watch helplessly while she deleted them one after the other. I believe she is coming here."

"This is what I was afraid of. I know you are tired, it is obvious, but there is no time to rest. You must go again. Here's what you must do…"

After she had received her new orders Nefertimon left. Ophanimon turned around and gestured for her companions to follow her. She led them to one particular room. Inside this room were the reasons she had chosen this place to build her palace, but this was known only to her.

"This room will be the spot where the battle with Lilithmon will take place."

"You think she would come here, my Queen?"

"If this girl is who I think she is, she will, Angewomon. I can guarantee that."

"If she is who you think? Does this mean you know her?"

"No, all I know about her is what little I have learned from one particular prophecy. Which isn't much. And that is if I'm right."

"This girl is mentioned in a prophecy? I have a very bad feeling about this."

"There is nothing to worry about. I have always been afraid this day may come, so I prepared accordingly. Why do you think I chose this place to build my palace?"

"So you have a plan?"

"Yes. I'm sure she will come. It may take her some time to fight her way through our defenses, but in the end she will. When she arrives, I will try to speak with her. Regardless of the result from this conversation I will come here afterwards and she will undoubtedly follow me. Here's what you must do when she's here…"


LadyDevimon was flying towards the next group when she saw a group of angels, led by another MagnaAngemon, flying towards her. She stopped and waited. When they approached her, the leader spoke.

"So you are the LadyDevimon we were told about."

"I guess so. So what?"

"Well, we were told you might cause us some serious problems, so we decided to "solve" these "problems" in advance."

"And how exactly do you intend to "solve" them?"

"We decided the easiest way is to find you and "take care" of you. The first has already been done. Only the second remains."

"Yes, but it is easier said than done, as some of your friends already learned."

"We are not as weak as some of our comrades, my dear, as you will learn soon enough. Kill her!"

"Here we go again."

"Rosetta stone!"

"Ground Cross!"

"Celestial Arrow!"

Six of her assailants started attacking her. She dodged all attacks with ease.

"You are wasting your time."

"Gate of Destiny!"

"What?" MagnaAngemon drew a circle. It turned golden, began to spin and started opening. "Ah, so that is your plan. While your friends keep me busy you want to use your gate to get rid of me. Nice try, but that trick has been tried already. It didn't work before, and it won't work now either. Digi-modify! WarGreymon! Terra Force!"

Ignoring the attacks from the angel's companions LadyDevimon hurled a ball of energy at the gate and destroyed it, then made another card slash and Taomon's shield surrounded her.

"You'll have to think of something better to beat me, angel boy. Terra Force!" The sudden attack managed to surprise one of the Angewomon, but she still managed to move out of the way partially, so she was badly wounded, but not deleted.

"Rosetta stone!"

Red beams shot from the crowns of the two Nefertimon and intertwined in one. Then a tombstone was shot from the place where the beams had joined. It was larger and faster than the normal. But it still was dodged with ease by the viral Ultimate. Another Terra Force and there was one Nefertimon less in the world.

"Cat's Eye Beam!" Much to the Armor's surprise LadyDevimon did not try to dodge. Instead she dove forward, letting her shield take the attack full force, and impaled Nefertimon with the lance, in which her right hand had transformed. The result was the immediate deletion of the victim.

"Two down, five to go."

"Ground Cross!" Two crosses of white light were launched at the Ultimate. It didn't end with this however.

"Heaven's Charm!" Both Angewomon used their hands to draw cross-like forms of pink energy that were shot forth at the virus.

All of LadyDevimon's remaining opponents except for MagnaAngemon combined their attacks in a single one that took the form of a very large cross of light, partially white and partially pink. It was headed directly for her. **I have the feeling this one might be too much for me even with a power card boosting my attack strength.** She tried to dodge the incoming attack… only to discover that the two Angewomon can control its movement. **Uh-oh. Fortunately for me I have another shield in addition to Taomon's.** "Digi-modify! Sakuyamon's Talisman Sphere activate!" At the last moment LadyDevimon was surrounded by Sakuyamon's barrier in addition to Taomon's. A second later the pink-white cross hit her and exploded in a flash of light. Its power proved enough to actually destroy Sakuyamon's shield and weaken Taomon's. However the strain of the attack had drained so much energy from the four digimon that they were now too weak to keep on fighting.

"Looks like it's just you and me now. Excalibur!" MagnaAngemon made four strikes in quick succession. The last one hit and destroyed LadyDevimon's weakened barrier. After the last swing the vaccine quickly pulled away, far enough to easily dodge the Darkness Wave that followed in response to his assault. "What's wrong? Am I too fast for you? Or too strong? Or both?"

"Oh, shut up already! Digi-modify! Power activate! Evil Wing!" The fiery bats were too slow for the angel, but they had been just a distraction anyway. The real attack was the twin red beams from the virus' eyes, and they hit dead on. That one hit was all LadyDevimon needed. It caused a severe wound to the vaccine, weakening him noticeably. She shot few more such beams and they all hit as well, causing few more wounds. MagnaAngemon fell down and joined his friends. LadyDevimon finished them all with another Darkness Wave.

"Group three down. But now I am sure they know about me. I will go and deal with Ophanimon now, before she could recall all of her forces to her defense. I just hope she doesn't keep too many guards at her palace."

LadyDevimon mode changed to Lilithmon and flew at the direction of Ophanimon's palace. Had she read the prophecy a bit more carefully she would've been prepared for what Ophanimon had in store for her. But she didn't.


**********