Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkside of Virtue ❯ The Darkside of Virtue ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Dark Side of Virtue

Darkness everywhere... from as far as her golden eyes could see. Turning she could see her friends crying out in pain along side the brave warrior himself but she didn't care. Out of everything… caring was the last thing on her mind as a smirk crossed her muzzle before bursting out in laughter. Her laughter roared along with the sound of thunder as she looked down at her so-called friends before they disappeared... leaving her completely alone... but all she could do was laugh....

Solardramon gasped for breath as she jerked up into a sit position and panted lightly. The sound of thunder caused the room to shake as she rubbed a hand over her forehead, which was throbbing heavily. "The same dream over and over," She sighed looking out the window as a streak of lighting flashed across the sky, "But what does it mean?" "You know what it means goody dramon... It means that I'm taking over..." a familiar voice echoed through the room causing her head to pound even more. A cold chill raced across her spine as she looked around to see whom the voice belonged to but there was nothing. "You were a fool to think that you could keep me hidden for so long..." the voice said causing another tinge of pain across her mind. "Who's there? What do you want? Is this some kind of sick joke?" Solar narrowed her eyes as she looked around again but still there was no one but her in the room. "This isn't a joke goody dramon... you know who I am and what I want..." the voice trailed off as Solar looked around to see her faceguard resting at the foot of the bed. "Tell me who you or else," She said looking around while leaning over and picking up the faceguard to notice her reflection on the bright yellow surface. "Open your eyes goody dramon... I'm you..." Solar looked down at the faceguard in shock as her reflection was laughing and the yellow color turned to a black color before a foggy black mist wrapped around her neck and the faceguard tried to force itself onto her face...

Solardramon fought against the sheets before falling onto the floor face first. Her eyes sprang open as a flash of lightning lit up the room revealing her faceguard a few inches away from her muzzle. "Aaaahhhh!" Solar screamed scrambling backwards to get away from her faceguard but stopped as she backed into the wall. Setting up on her knees she gasped for breath as she looked at her faceguard before feeling hot tears of fear making their way from her eyes down through her cheeks before splashing lightly on her chest armor. Her tail gently curled up close to her as she eased up against the wall and maneuvered herself to were her knees where at her chest allowing her to wrap her arms around her legs. The pounding rain and rumbling thunder caused her ears to twitch as she rested her head on her knees to stare vaguely at her faceguard. Solar blinked her eyes as a few more tears rolled down from her eyes… she couldn't believe how intense the dream was… it had to be the worst one yet. Looking out at the storm gave her chills as visions of the first dream passed through her mind… the storm was to much like the one in her dream as a gust of wind howled loudly before a crack of thunder shook the room. Shaking her head she slowly got to her feet and walked out of the room to walk into the living room to take a seat on the couch. Solar winced from the throbbing headache while she gently rubbed her hand over her forehead trying to ease the pain but it wasn't helping. Another clap of thunder caused her to jump, which surprised her as she looked around the room… she couldn't believe what was happening… that nightmare had her scared… of herself.

Hours went by as the sun made its way into the morning sky sending its warmth over the area. Solardramon sighed as she walked back into her room to gently pick up her faceguard and look over it carefully. The yellow surface glowed brightly as the morning rays of the sun reflected off it to show her reflection. She gave a rugged sigh before placing the faceguard over her face and locking it in place then walking back into the living room to pick up her claws and the rest of her armor. In no time all her armor was in place and she walked out the door to go meet the others at their usual meeting place. Her thoughts still raced back to the dream and how real they seemed… but were they true… was Dark Solardramon trying to take control again after so long. Shaking her head she made a huge leap into the air making her way to the others but her mind was trying to sort out the dreams and how to stop the reoccurring nightmares that seemed to get worse every time she went to sleep. The wind whistled as it rusted through her short velvety fur with every leap that got her closer to her friends. Then it hit her… what if Dark Solardramon took control… her friends would all be in danger… even Flamedramon would be a target as far as Dark Solardramon was concerned. Solardramon shuddered at the thought of loosing the ones she cared about to her dark side as she entered the clearing to see Flamedramon, Icedramon, Snow Cougramon, Tilkimon, Cubimon, Jagiramon, and Luamon waiting for her near the boulders that were scattered about the clearing. Taking in a deep breath she shook her head to clear her mind before leaping over to her friends.

"Oh there she comes," Icedramon turned to look at Solar along with the others to notice the way Solar's leaps were a little off balance. "Oh boy it looks like she's been in the Carmel… look at the way she's leaping," Luamon snickered as she looked over at Ice and the others then back at Solar. "I don't think it's Carmel Lua, she might be feeling a little under the weather… her ears looked a little drooped," Jagira looked at Lua before looking at Solar. Solardramon landed beside a boulder and leaned against it before drawing in a deep breath and looking at the others as they walked towards her. "Solar are you alright?" Cubimon leaped on to a boulder beside her and looked at her closely. "Oh I'm fine Cubi," Solar sighed while lowering her gaze so no one could see the tired glaze over her eyes. Flamedramon stepped up to the boulder and reached a hand out to touch Solar's shoulder… but to his surprise she jumped at his hands contact, "Solar…" Solardramon glanced over at Flamedramon, "Heh… just a lil jumpy this morning," she turned away slowly to lean closer on the boulder as her tail wrapped around her leg. Jagiramon and the others exchanged looks before looking at Solar, "Wow! Must have been a rough morning to make you jump like that," Tilki snickered while leaping on the boulder beside Cubi and looking at Solar with a toothy grin. Solar glanced over at Tilki while keeping her head lowered, "Oh you have no idea what kind of morning I've had." Icedramon looked over at Tilki and shrugged, "Solar are you sure you're alright…" "I said I was fine I just had a lousy morning," Solar snapped back while pushing off the boulder and starting to walk away, "So I'll see you all later… I need to be alone for a while."

Everyone watched as Solardramon walked away before looking at Flamedramon, "Well it appears somebody woke up on the wrong side of the sun this morning," Lua said crossing her arms. "No something is really wrong," Flamedramon took a few steps forward. "How do you know?" Ice looked at Flame as he looked back at her with a certain look on his face, "Never mind… stupid question," She said with a sigh. "But how can you be sure that something is wrong… I mean she did say that she was fine," Tilkimon looked at Flame curiously as his tail swayed lightly. "I just know… it's a dramon thing… and besides I can tell that something is bothering her by the way she's acting," Flamedramon looked at Tilki before getting ready to make his leap to follow after Solar. "But Flame she did say that she wanted to be alone," Snow said looking at Flame. "I know what she said Snow… but I just can't let her go out alone when I know something is wrong… heh I'll just stay close enough to keep an eye on her," Flamedramon smiled at Snow and winked before leaping off after Solar. "Good Luck Flame! Don't get slapped!" Tilki called out with a giggle as he watched Flame leap off. Flamedramon shook his head hearing Tilkimon's advice as he leaped off after Solar to see her up ahead with her tail lagging limply behind her and her arms wrapped closely around her. Solardramon blinked her eyes feeling them water up from the lack of sleep, how she had just treated her friends with her sudden outburst and the way she jumped at Flamedramon's touch, "Pull yourself together… this isn't the first time you've had to deal with your dark side."

Solardramon stopped as she leaned against the trunk of a tree before sliding down to sit on the ground, "I can do this… I've beaten my dark side before… but what if I can't control it anymore…" Her tail curled up close to her as she lowered her head to rest it over her claws. Flamedramon sighed as he watched her closely; not knowing what was wrong was making him worry since he had never seen Solar act like this before. Taking in a deep breath he made another leap before walking slowly over to her. Solardramon's ears twitched as she turned around to see Flamedramon but didn't look him in the eyes, "Go Away Flame…" rests her head back on her hands, "It's not safe to be around me." Flamedramon looked at Solar and kneeled down close to her, "Solar you know I can't leave you like this… I just want to know what's wrong," he said softly scooting closer to her. Solar blinked her eyes before quickly getting to her feet causing tears to splash onto Flamedramon's claws, "Flame… I'm scared… I'm afraid of what might happen to you and the others." "Solar there's nothing to worry about," Flamedramon got to his feet and walked over to Solar to stand in front of her. Taking off one of his claws he reached out to stroke Solar's cheek lightly before running it under her chin to lift her gaze to his. Solar blinked before looking into Flame's eyes seeing the worry in the reddish brown color. Flamedramon looked into Solar's eyes to see their tired look and could sense the feeling of fear that revolved around the golden color, "Solar… I'm here for you whenever you need me… I just don't like seeing you like this."

Solar blinked her eyes again, "I know Flame… it's just that…" her voice faded as her gaze fell away from his. "I would feel a lot better if you would tell me what is bothering you… I mean it looks like you haven't had a decent nights sleep in a few days," He slowly stroked her cheek as her eyes looked back into his, "So do you want to tell me what's wrong?" Flamedramon took a step closer to her and wrapped his other arm around her waist pulling her up a little closer to him. Solardramon looked into Flame's eyes before wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him closer to her, "All these nightmares… every night… over and over… so hard to control." Flamedramon blinked before moving his arms closer around her while her words caused him to pat her on the back lightly in a comforting way, "It's alright Solar… they're only nightmares… your mind playing tricks." "Oh so I'm a trick am I?" Solar's ears twitched hearing that familiar voice that had haunted her dreams. Looking around her head began to pound in time with Flame's gently pats on the back as she looked down to notice her reflection in her left claw… but it was different as the claw turned black. Solar began to tremble lightly while looking at her reflection… this couldn't be happening… she wasn't asleep. "Solar you're shaking," Flamedramon tried to pull back to look in her eyes but she pulled him closer to her as she closed her eyes hoping that the reflection would be gone when she opened her eyes but as she opened them back up the reflection still looked up at her and the claw was still black, "I'm not that easy to get rid of goody dramon… heh lets face it you can't fight it anymore."

Solardramon's tail whipped around violently as she stared at her reflection, which was taunting her. Flamedramon was starting to worry as he noticed Solar's tail thrashing about behind her, "Solar… what's wrong?" Solardramon blinked feeling her mind going blank as her body stopped shaking and she pulled lightly away from Flamedramon, "It's alright now Flame… everything is ok… you're right it's just my mind getting the better of me." Flamedramon smiled lightly but something struck him as he looked back into Solar's eyes… they were different… he couldn't feel the connection anymore and her voice did sound a little strange, "Are you sure you're alright?" "Never better… I guess I'll just head back and catch up on some sleep," Solar smiled at him before turning and walking back towards her home. "Solar wait let me walk ya back," Flamedramon walked up to her… still having the weird feeling that something was different. Solardramon let out a low moan before turning to look back at him, "I can walk on my own Flame… I mean just go back to the others and let me catch up on some rest alright," she then turned and leaped away. Flamedramon blinked in surprise, he wanted to follow her but then again she was just heading home. Letting out a light sigh he turned and walked back to the others. The others looked at Flamedramon as he joined them, "What's the matter? Didn't go well?" Icedramon asked judging by the look on Flame's face. "Ice there was something different about her… I mean at first it was the same Solar but she was shaky about some nightmares she had been having and then in a blink she changed," Flamedramon looked at Ice and shook his head trying to think what was really wrong.

"What do you mean she changed?" Luamon asked looking at Flamedramon closely. "Her eyes… her voice… our connection was gone," Flamedramon looked at the others before leaning against the boulder Solar had leaned against earlier, "I don't know what happened… but she did say that she was fine." Tilki looked at Cubi then back at Flame, "Heh she was just upset of not getting enough beauty sleep." Flamedramon looked at Tilkimon and shook his head before looking at Lua, Ice, Snow, Cubi, and Jagira to notice they all looked a little worried too about Solar's changed behavior and the lost connection between her and Flamedramon. "Well I'm sure after a good rest she'll be just fine and everything will be back to normal," Jagira smiled lightly while looking up at Flame, "I mean she did look really tired." Flamedramon nodded, "I hope your right Jagira," turns to look at the direction of Solar's home hoping that she would have a nice rest and whatever happened would be better in the morning. Solardramon made it back home and quickly made her way to her bedroom where she let her claws drop to the floor before reaching up and taking off the faceguard. As soon as the faceguard was off she drew in a deep breath and almost lost her balance, "Hey wait a minute how did I get back home?" she looked around while laying the faceguard on the bed and rubbing her forehead lightly as it started to pound. "I brought us back here… all that sappy stuff was killing me." Solardramon turned to look at the faceguard to watch as it turned black and there was her reflection with its arms crossed. "I remember now you came before I could tell Flame what was really bothering me," She looked at her reflection, "Why don't you go and drive someone else crazy… and leave me alone."

"What would be the fun in that… besides I'm you remember," the reflection smiled as it looked back at Solar. "You're not me… you don't have a heart… you're just pure darkness," Solar narrowed her eyes at her reflection to watch as it crossed it arms and smiled as if being flattered by her words. "Why thanks for the compliment but I'm also the one that keeps you from loosing yourself… I'm the one of anger and frustration…I'm the one that takes the pain away," the reflection opened her arms back up and pointed at Solar, "You need me to survive." "I don't need you… I can handle things on my own," Solar snapped as her tail whipped around behind her wildly, "All you want to do is cause pain and suffering to all those that I care about." The reflection shook it's head, "You don't get it goody dramon I've already got you right where I want you… I can haunt your dreams and reality until I take control… so why not just surrender and let nature take it's course." Solar blinked and took a step away from the bed, "I'm not going to let you do this to me," turns and starts to walk away but the door slams shut in front of her. "Where do you think you're going?" Solardramon turned to look at the reflection, "Let me out now!" "Why would I want to do that? I'm not letting you go anywhere until you realize who should be in control," the reflection crossed it's arms again and smiled maliciously up at Solardramon. "The one that should be in control is me… I have friends and someone that I care to much about to let you take control," Solar walked over to the faceguard and picked it up to stare at the reflection.

"Is that so… do you think you're strong enough to keep me from taking control… even after I was in control only moments ago when I brought us back here," the reflection stared back at Solar with the same smile across it's face. Solardramon blinked knowing that her reflection was right… she wasn't able to stop her dark side from taking over when she was back with Flame… so how could she stop it from taking over for good. "You can't stop me," the reflection taunted. "Yeah well maybe I can shut you up for a while," Solar said with a smirk before throwing her faceguard across the room till it hit the wall and everything went quiet and the color returned to normal. Taking in a deep breath Solar walked over and laid down on her bed to snuggle against her pillow hoping to get some much needed rest so that her dark side wouldn't take control. Hours went by as the day faded away into night and the others were all enjoying a nice rest except Lua who was out admiring the full moon and Solardramon who was in the midst of another nightmare. Solardramon looked around to be surrounded by darkness, "Oh no not again," she looked around closely to soon hear laughter that she knew all to well. "How long did you honestly think that I would leave you alone?" Solar looked around to soon see her faceguard appear before her then turn black. "I can't take this anymore," falling to her knees Solar felt all the exhaustion finally take it's toll… she couldn't fight this anymore… her mind was jumbled with so many thoughts and the fact that her dark side's laughter was echoing through her head was driving her insane.

The faceguard hovered over Solar for a moment before black smoke wrapped around her neck and the faceguard locked itself in place on Solar's face while the smoke held tightly around her neck before she blacked out. Solardramon's eyes sprang open as she looked around the darkness of her room then down at her chest armor as it turned black and darker purple, "Back in business," she smiled getting off the bed and picking up the faceguard which turned black at her touch. Solardramon soon had all her armor on which instantly turned black at her touch since she was no longer of the light… but of the darkness… she had become Dark Solardramon. "Time to make my mark," Dark Solardramon smiled before leaving the house and leaping out into the darkness. Not to far away Luamon sat in a nearby tree staring up at the sky watching the sparkling stars. Her ears twitched as she noticed a figure leaping about quickly towards her direction, "Who in the world?" she narrowed her eyes as the moonlight reflected off the black armor. Lua quickly got to her feet and leaped off the tree then over onto a large boulder to get a better look at the approaching figure. She looked around closely but to her surprise the figure had disappeared, "Wait a sec… where did that other digimon go? There is no way it could of changed directions without me seeing at the rate it was going." "Think again," Lua's ears twitched hearing the strange but familiar voice as she turned to feel something slice across her arm. Wincing she quickly covered the three gashes with a gloved paw then looked at her attacker, "Solar…"

Dark Solardramon smiled while rising up her blood tipped claws to Lua's view. "Solar what's wrong with you? Why did you attack me?" Lua was puzzled as she still put pressure on her wound and stared at what she thought was her friend but something was definitely wrong. "Oh what's wrong did that hurt?" Dark Solardramon snickered while drawing back her claw, "Besides I'm not the Solar that you know." Luamon didn't like this… she felt really uncomfortable around Solardramon now… or was it Solar. "Well I don't have time to just stand around… there's so much to be done," Dark Solardramon smirked before turning and leaping away into the darkness to leave Lua to her thoughts. Luamon shook her head, "I better tell the others that Solar has flipped her lid," quickly turns and leaps away toward Flamedramon's home knowing she should probably tell him first and besides he was the closest around. "Oh I know he's not going to like this," She said leaping quickly toward Flamedramon's while thinking about what had happened with Solardramon. In no time Lua landed on Flamedramon's doorstep and took a deep breath before knocking on the door loudly, "FLAME!" Flamedramon's ears twitched hearing the loud yell and constant knocking at his door. He yawned while getting off his bed and storming to his door then jerked it open to see Luamon. "Do you have any idea what time it is?" A hint of anger was present in his voice as he stared at the black and white fox in front of him. Lua nodded, "Yeah it's about 2 am," "Yeah and unlike you some of us like to sleep until the sun is up… So what is so important that you had to come and wake me up?" Flamedramon's tail whipped around behind him lightly as he waited for Lua to reply.

"Flame I'm sorry but it's Solar she's lost it," Lua looked at Flamedramon sadly while rubbing her arm. "What do you mean?" He asks then notices the gashes on Lua's arm, "What happened to you?" Lua blinked, "Solar did this to me and it was like she didn't even care… she's different now… I mean even her armor is black and so is her earring." Flamedramon blinked feeling himself completely awake now, "Where was she heading?" Lua shook her head, "I'm not sure but last I seen of her she was heading straight into Dark Airdramon's domain." Flamedramon quickly picked up his armor and strapped it on before shutting the door behind him. "Flame where are you going?" Lua looked at him curiously. "I'm going after her," He said looking back at Lua, "But Flame she's different she might attack you like she did me," Lua rubbed her arm while looking at him closely. "Maybe so Lua but it doesn't matter I have to go after her and see what's wrong with her… and if she does try to attack me… I'll just have to be prepared," Flamedramon looked at her before taking a deep breath and leaping off into the darkness toward Dark Airdramon's domain. Lua took a deep breath before leaping off to go tell the others so Flamedramon wouldn't have to face this dark Solar on his own. Flamedramon leaped quickly through the darkness to soon see the eerie peaks that marked Dark Airdramon's domain. Letting out a low sigh before leaping into the dense dark forest that surrounded the bottom of the cliffs. Flamedramon's ears perked as he came to a stop to look around, "I really dislike this place," he said before walking deeper into the darkness.

Flamedramon sighed all he could see was the darkness of the dense forest. His ears perked hearing something moving around in the treetops… narrowing his eyes he stared up to see only the moving of leaves and branches. "Well…well… if it isn't the Hero," came a voice as Flamedramon looked up to see a figure standing on a branch of one of the larger trees. Dark Solardramon crossed her arms while looking down at Flamedramon thinking to herself of a way to get rid of him… since he had a connection with her sunny side… he had to be taken out of the picture before he could really interfere. "What did you do to Solar?" Flamedramon asked still gazing up at the figure. Dark Solardramon cracked a smile before laughing in her evil tone. "What's so funny?" Flamedramon growled not liking this figures attitude and the way she seemed to mock him. "Heh…Well Hero it seems that you know very little about your Solar," Dark Solardramon snickered finding it amusing that he didn't know about her. "I know all I need to know about her," Flamedramon narrowed his eyes up at the figure trying to get a better look at her but she remained in the deepest part of the shadows. Dark Solardramon went silent before leaping down to land on a rock a few feet behind Flamedramon, "Oh really Hero… then did you know that she's me?" Flamedramon quickly turned to look upon the figure, "Solar…" his voice was barely above a whisper while staring at the female dramon before him that looked identical to Solar but the armor was as black as darkness with shades of darker purple and dark red along with an earring as black as the armor. Dark Solardramon smirked, "Oh a loss for words… I thought you knew all you needed to know about…Me."

Flamedramon blinked his eyes not knowing what to say as he thought back to what Lua had told him… he really didn't believe her when she said Solar had changed… but now there stood his proof. Dark Solardramon crossed her arms, as her tail curled around her right leg lightly, "Still no words?" "I want Solar back… the real Solar," Flamedramon said with his eyes still narrowed at Dark Solardramon. "Oh but I am the real Solar… just a darker side of her," Dark Solardramon smirked. "Solar doesn't have a dark side like you!" Flamedramon shot back. "How rude… you've already forgotten about our meeting earlier today," Dark Solardramon cocked her head in an un-approved gesture. Flamedramon blinked his eyes as his mind raced back to earlier when he was with Solar… the moment he and her lost their special connection. Dark Solardramon glanced back at him to notice him staring her straight in the eyes. "It was you… you're the reason for her actions this morning," Flamedramon lowered his claws a little, not sure how to handle this since it was Solardramon's body but apparently not her mind and heart. "Bravo Hero, you finally figured it out… and there's nothing you can do about it!" Dark Solardramon declared raising up one of her claws. Suddenly, Chamanthermon pounced from out of the shadows behind Dark Solardramon, but with a quick move she managed to move out of the way of a full impact hit… but felt Cham's claws rip across her side. Flamedramon looked at Cham, "Don't hurt her… it's Solar," his voice was soft and hinting at a little anger as he was still thinking of how to solve this problem.

Cham let out a soft growl, "Well she's going to attack us, so I don't see we have much of a choice but to attack her first." Dark Solardramon looked down at the blood then back at Flamedramon and Chamanthermon, "Nice try kitty but I don't feel pain…" She raised her claws as a black fireball appeared at both ends, "Darkness Blast!" She launched her attack at them before back flipping off the rock and into the shadows. Cham and Flamedramon both leaped out of the way of the attack and looked at each other, "Let's teach her a lesson," Cham growled. "No! Cham don't you listen… that is Solar out there and I don't want her to get hurt," Flamedramon looked sternly at the large armored cat. "Hate to break it to you Romeo, but if we don't stop her she`ll stop us… permanently," Cham growled lightly. Flamedramon shook his head, "No… I mean you've already hit her and nothing happened… she doesn't feel pain… we have to come up with something else." Cham snarled catching something flicker out of the corner of his eye, "FLAME MOVE!" he called out pushing Flame out of the way of another one of Dark Solardramon's attacks. "Very clever kitty," Dark Solardramon taunted walking slowly out of the shadows. Flamedramon looked away after seeing the gashes on Solar's side bleeding badly… wondering how Dark Solardramon was able to keep her strength at the loss of blood. Cham growled as he got into pounce position before feeling a hard jerk on his tail, "Cham didn't you listen to a word I said!" Chamanthermon turned to look straight at Flame, "Well if you have a better idea then be my guest."

Flamedramon jerked back on Chamanthermon's tail harder pulling him back toward him as he leaned forward staring into Cham's burning green eyes, "Oh and you honestly think your idea is any better." Cham hissed as he pulled his tail out of Flame's grasp, "It's better than just standing around here like open targets." "I'm not going to let you attack her," Flame growled feeling his temper rising. Cham growled at Flamedramon, "Well I'm not asking for your permission." Dark Solardramon crossed her arms and smirked listening to the quarreling pair, "It really doesn't matter when you're both equally pathetic." Chamanthermon growled loudly as he looked back at Dark Solardramon, "I'll show you pathetic!" Flamedramon leaped in front of Cham's path and glared back into his eyes, "I can't let you do this." "Get out of my way Flame," Cham growled with his tail swishing wildly behind him. Flamedramon shook his head, "This isn't the way," he growled back as his tail waved around in time with Cham's. "I don't care… you do things your way and I'll do things my way," Cham snapped taking a few steps back. Dark Solardramon sighed before charging up her claws, "Time is a wasting… Darkness Blast!" Flame and Cham dodged the attack while moving away from one another as a scorched spot appeared where they were only moments ago. Cham leaped onto a large rock and roared as he leaned down close to the rock, "Flame Spike!" he called out as the armored spikes on his back became flaming spikes and scattered across the area straight at Dark Solardramon's direction. Flamedramon quickly dodged some of the spikes that zoomed straight at him before watching as a few spikes hit Dark Solardramon's arms, sides, and legs.

Flamedramon blinked seeing Chamanthermon charging at Dark Solardramon at top speed while she stood there not even making an attempt to move. "Cham don't! Something isn't right!" Flamedramon called out sensing that Dark Solardramon had something up her armor. Cham growled to himself not listening to Flamedramon as he grew nearer to Dark Solardramon before leaping straight at her with his sharp claws ready. Dark Solardramon smirked seeing Chamanthermon coming at her with fangs and claws bared… and at only a few seconds of impact she grabbed his paws with her claws and fell backwards, "Later kitty," she fell all the way back before bringing up her legs and kicking Cham in the stomach causing him to flip over and land into a bunch of trees… knocking down a few as he landed. Dark Solardramon quickly leaped back up to her feet then looked back at her handy work before looking at Flamedramon, "Well it's just you and me now Hero." Flamedramon comes to the decision to settle this with true feelings than using another force. He nods slowly before leaning leisurely against a tree while crossing his feet slightly, "Yes, now it's just you and me Dark Solardramon. So are you going to give Solar back? Or am I going to have to take her back from you?" Dark Solardramon laughs, "Haven't you learned anything so far Hero? I am not going to let you ruin my return… besides goody dramon doesn't exist anymore… it's only me," her tail swishes lightly as she stands her ground. Flamedramon glances at Dark Solardramon with his piercing reddish brown eyes, "I doubt that."

Crosses his claws, "From all that I know Solar will always be around, you can't get rid of her." Smirking lightly Flamedramon slowly takes a step towards Dark Solardramon, his reddish brown eyes staring into her dark golden ones, "Give Solar back… or I will take her back. You want it the easy way or the hard way?" Dark Solardramon smiled darkly, "I see you still haven't learned a thing… maybe she does exist somewhere but not here and now." Glares equally back into Flamedramon's eyes, "There is no easy or hard way… because you are just wasting you're time in trying to get her back." Flamedramon shook his head then returned the gaze, "Not at all, if I believe that Solar is here… then I know she is. I bet she's right behind all that dark power that you are releasing… and I figure that once you are gone Solar will come back, so that's what I intend on doing," He smiles for a moment showing his bright white teeth as he takes another step toward Dark Solardramon, his tail waving slowly behind him. "Oh really Hero? I'd like to know how you plan on doing that… since you already know that I feel no pain like you or anyone else," rubs the flat of her black claws over the four large slashes on her side to smear the blood over the white and blue fur. "So how do you intend on stopping something that can not be stopped?" smirks as Flamedramon takes another step towards her. Flamedramon smirked at Dark Solardramon as he took another step towards her getting even closer to her. His tail curled toward her side as he stared into her eyes, "Simply because I don't have to defeat you physically, I just have to send you back to where you belong… far away in the deep recesses of Solar's subconscious," takes another step closer to only be a few feet away from her.

Dark Solardramon stared back into Flamedramon's eyes, "I'm not easy to get rid of… even goody dramon couldn't hold me off anymore… so what makes you so sure that you can make me disappear?" her tail whips around wildly behind her. Slowly moving a little over to the side Flamedramon brought his tail around to brush it lightly against Dark Solardramon's before drawing it back and smiling at her with a light flare in his eyes. "Because I know… I know what Solar is like and what you are like. You've said that you feel no pain… but what else can you feel? Are you really ready to face me… when you have no idea what I can do?" His smile broadens slightly as his tail waves slightly to Dark Solardramon's side. Feeling the light brush against her tail she takes a small step back, "You know nothing about what I am like… and there is nothing you can do to me." Dark Solardramon glares at the broadening smile on Flamedramon's face not sure what he was really smiling about, "I'm nothing like goody dramon." Flamedramon smiles even more at Dark Solardramon while his eyes glimmer brightly, "Maybe so, maybe you are nothing like Solardramon… but still, she is a part of you… no matter how small… she is still there and she will get out… but till then I don't think I have to do anything to you… except get through to you." Dark Solardramon smiles slyly, "What makes you think I'm going to stick around for you to get through to me?" takes another step back and raises her claws. Watching her closely Flamedramon smirks seeing the way she was stepping back before taking a step towards her, "Well I can't have you going anywhere can I?" In a quick dash and slash of his claws he had her pinned underneath him while his claws had her arms pinned uselessly at her sides since his claws were locked deeply into the ground.

"Like I said I can't have you going anywhere," His tail waves behind him slowly as he grins down at his captive. Dark Solardramon looked up at him, slightly surprised out how fast he had pinned her, "Nice job, but it'll do you no good." She narrows her eyes not letting her guard down anymore as her tail thumped against the ground in a hostile manner. Flamedramon pushes his tail against Dark Solardramon's holding it in place so that there was nothing but silence surrounding them. "Alright, so now that you aren't going anywhere… I'd like to see how long you really hold out. Tell me did you honestly think I would let you just take over Solar and let you be her? Did you think that I would just let her fall into your power… and never come back? Well I've got news for you… I'm here for Solar and I always will be, that's why I'm here now. Look at how we are right now… I have you pinned under my body and if I really wanted to I could do whatever I wanted to hurt you… but I'm not because I know that you wouldn't feel it… but Solar would. Maybe that's why I'm not hurting you because I know there are better ways of doing things. Words are the key to getting through to you… instead of stabbing a claw through your stomach because words can do things that nothing else can. Words can bring back Solar because you yourself can't stand the very sound of them because you can't handle the truth that Solar is stronger than you, maybe you are in control right now… but for how long? Do you think you can honestly beat the love, hope and friendship between Solar and I?"

Dark Solardramon squirms around lightly trying to get out from under Flamedramon, "Solar isn't stronger than me… she'd be nothing without me. As for letting me do anything… I don't need you're permission to do anything… and as for your love, hope and friendship, that doesn't exist with me. I don't see why this bothers you as much as it seems to with me being here and I don't care. I do whatever I feel like doing whenever I feel like doing it and no one will stop me… not you or my better half. I can last a lot longer than you can because I don't care about useless emotions." Flamedramon pushes down a bit harder to stop Dark Solardramon from squirming, "So you believe that Solar isn't stronger than you? You do you realize that Solar is you… without her you would be nothing… she is the original… you are just an added accessory that she doesn't need but she still keeps you because you are part of her. Like I said you might have gained control right now but she will regain control. In one way or another Solar is still there… and all the love and friendship is there with her… maybe you don't have it but she does… and she is right here with us… trapped behind that evil you have clouded over her. And those emotions will bring Solar back… because you and I both know that Solar is stronger than you… then only reason why she was weak was because you made her that way by haunting her dreams… but she is strong enough to win against you." Dark Solardramon stops moving and looks straight up into his eyes and glares, "I know who I am and I was the one that made her weaker by attacking her dreams but also by attacking the very thing that makes you goody dramons so weak."

"And I hold no cloud of evil over my light side I just hold over the pain and suffering that I deal with and thrive off. That is why I am stronger because I have no feelings for anyone or anything… not you, her friends, or even myself," She smiles darkly as she glances over at the unconscious Chamanthermon then back at Flamedramon. Smiling lightly Flamedramon look down into her eyes, "So you thrive off her pain and suffering… what if they were to disappear… then where would your power go? It would be gone because there is no more pain and suffering. That's why I'm here… Solar knows I don't bring her pain and suffering… only joy and happiness… the very things that take away your power. I know that Solar is going to come back because she can feel more joy and happiness since I'm here with her, which means the less powerful you get. You can only have so much power because pain and suffering can only end with one final thing… death… while joy and happiness can grow beyond anything imaginable and you can't do anything about that. You are under my power so you will have to endure all the joy and happiness I give to Solar, because I am here for her now and she can hear everything I say and she knows that I am here for her… ready to give her everything she will ever want, ever need to be happy. I care for her very much and that's why I am here… I love Solar… as she loves me… and that is the strongest form of joy and love is something you can not defeat Dark Solardramon because it is in both Solar and I… you can't destroy it because it is always there."

"Heh the strongest thing of all is inside you and you can't get rid of it. Maybe you have no emotions, but you cannot fight the emotions of Solar because she is still there and no matter how hard you try to control her emotions… you can't control love because no one can control it, no matter how powerful you are… it's the ultimate power… a power you will never have because you are against it. You've joined a loosing side, the side that lacks love… and without it you will never be anything more," His eyes glimmer brighter as he speaks his words truthfully and softly. The tip of Solardramon's tail brushes lightly against his as her body begins to tremble lightly. She closes her eyes briefly before opening them again to glare up into his eyes as her trembling ceases, "Love may be powerful to some but then it could always fail and become another painful memory. I do thrive off her pain and suffering and I know it will never go away because the stain of painful memories. You say you love her, but that is a word I have heard before and it's like a poison running through my veins. I sense you are the cause of her recent happiness but I hold onto those broken hearted memories which give me more power than you think along with many dark virtues that I hold sacred. You think love is the winning side… when love is the very thing that makes you weak and can even cause more pain. That is why I am stronger because I don't hold these emotions. I also know that she can hear you and feel you because what you say causes my ears to burn and your closeness makes me tremble… but I will not be taken down by a few pretty words."

Flamedramon returns the intense glare, his eyes burning with a dark fire behind the reddish brown color, "Maybe so, everyone has painful memories… but I am different and do you know why Dark Solardramon? Because I will make Solar forget those memories… those sad memories from the past… they are going to be drowned out by the happy feelings I give her, the love and happiness I will give to her as long as I can. You might have those memories to draw your power from right now… but as long as I am here you can't stop me, I can continue to love Solar and as long as someone cares Solar will know that someone is out there, ready to give her joy and make her forget the past… the past that I know hurts her and the past that you draw your power from. But without it what are you going to do? You won't have any more power left… because I know there is a love that hurts and a love that heals. Well I have a love… a love that heals… and my love will Solar. It has before and will continue to do so and you can't stop me from doing that because I am doing that now. Solar can hear everything I say and every time she hears me it strengthens our bond so it will only make her gladder and you weaker. You can't fight much longer… Solar will win because I right here with her… my strength is hers for whatever she needs to do. You can't win Dark Solardramon because you have no love, no emotions, no strength and that will be your downfall." Dark Solardramon smirks, "You're wrong I can hold out as for as long as I have to… she wasn't strong enough to stop me before and she still can't beat me… even with all your emotion filled words. I feel her trying to break out but like I said she isn't strong enough and I will not back down for anything," turns away from his glare to look over at Chamanthermon.

Flamedramon shakes his head with a slight smile, "I don't think so, you don't seem to be doing as well. You know maybe it would be better if you looked me in the eyes… it helps when you look into someone's eyes when they are talking to you." He brings his tail around and pushes Dark Solardramon's head slightly so that he could look back into her eyes again, "You can't hold onto Solar's sad memories forever… because she has happy ones too. The times when Solar and I were together having fun and basically enjoying ourselves… those memories are stronger than the sad ones… and those happy ones will block you from your power. What if Solar keeps thinking about the happy memories… will you still be able to draw you're power from the sad ones?" Smirks slightly as he continues the glare. Dark Solardramon smirked as she narrowed her dark gold eyes, "You underestimate me Hero. I know you have enjoyed one another's company but there is a factor you are forgetting and that is fear… the fear of having everyone you care about turn against you because they see you for what you truly are." Since Flamedramon moved his tail she whips hers around and smacks him in the side, "You're better off to just let me go and then forget about everything because I'm not going back to be non existent." Wincing slightly Flamedramon brings his tail back around and wraps it around Dark Solardramon's tail to keep it still, "So, you think that fear is going to drive Solar away from me? You couldn't be more wrong… ever since I've known Solar I haven't turned on her once. Anytime we did anything it was for the good of the other… there has been nothing but happiness between Solar and I."

"She and I… our memories are all joyful and good… they are memories you can't abide and that's why I'm here because I know I'm the only one that bring Solar back. I know that because I mean so much to Solar and she means so much to me… our relationship is something that can't be broken by you alone… or any of your powers. Solar is going to get back to me… she's done it before… no matter what… she will come back… as I would for her… and that's why you aren't going to win… you are dealing with the wrong pair of dramons," He looks down at Dark Solardramon to feel a familiar presence but looking into her eyes he could still find no connection. "I give you one thing Hero you are very convincing about how much you care and very persistent but it will do you no…" Her head suddenly arches back as her eyes close and she becomes silent… even her tail stops moving as all her motions ceased. Flamedramon smirks watching Dark Solardramon go silent and nods to himself, "Well being persistent has it's advantages… heh and the longer you're like this all the more time for Solar to find her way back to me. Better yet from now on I'm just talking to Solar." He smiles lightly and leans down closer to Dark Solardramon's ear, "Solar are you there? It's Flame… please come back… everyone needs you back, especially me. I know you can beat Dark Solardramon… just think about all the things we have done together… all the special things that have happened between me and you… use them as your strength and you can win."

Deep in Solardramon's mind Dark Solardramon turned to come face to face with Solardramon. "How did I get back here? How did you get free?" She asked looking at her better half. "Flamedramon brought me back… and he's right, you are messing with the wrong dramons. You might have gotten the better of me earlier but now it's time for me to take over and put you back where you belong," Solardramon said as a golden glow surround her body. "Oh spare me the talk Solar… you have no clue of the real reason why I have returned but you can bet that I will be back no matter what you try to do," Dark Solardramon took a step back while squinting her eyes to block out the golden radiance. Solardramon looked at her dark side, "What are you talking about?" "That is for me to know. So are you ready to disappear?" Dark Solardramon raised up both her claws as black energy filled the empty space between the claws. Solardramon smirked, "Bring it on Darkie." Dark Solardramon growled lightly as she leaped at her better half. Solardramon smiled, "Payback time," she said locking her claws onto Dark Solardramon's and pulling the same maneuver that Dark Solardramon had done to Chamanthermon. Dark Solardramon screamed out in fury as she was thrown back into the pits of broken memories. Solardramon quickly jumped back up to her feet and groaned feeling the four large slashes cutting across her side showing that she was in control again.

Her tail slowly twitches along with her ears as the black earring flickers before slowly fading away to become the bright golden earring as the black color of the faceguard melts away to become bright yellow as her head falls to the side. Flamedramon smiles softly seeing the darkness slowly dissipating, he leans closely to Solardramon pressing his muzzle gently to her and kissing her softly. "I'm glad you're back Solar… I missed you… I really did," He murmured softly to Solar while rubbing his tail gently against hers. His eyes glimmer lightly happy that Solar was back. Opening her eyes Solardramon kisses him back and smiles, "I missed you too Flame… and thanks… I don't know what I would do without you. I'm glad that you were here and didn't let her win," winces slightly from the gashes on her side. Flamedramon smiles and nuzzles Solar gently, "Well I couldn't let her win… I had to have you back… the good Solar back, that's what's important to me." Smiling he nuzzles Solar gently against her neck while stroking his tail over hers… letting her know he was still there for her, "It's all over now… as long as you stay happy everything will be alright." "I know Flame and I will always be happy because I have you," Solar nuzzles against his cheek as her tail moves against his, forgetting the fact that she was still pinned underneath him… she was just glad that Dark Solardramon was put back in her place, but a little worried about what Dark Solardramon had said. Flamedramon smiled while unhooking his claws to free Solar and hugging her gently, but being careful with his claws so not to hit her. "I'll do my best to keep you happy… so that Dark Solardramon can never come back," softly nuzzles her neck while hugging her tightly.

Solardramon smiles and hugs him back while brushing her muzzle against his neck, "I'm sorry about her smacking you and for whatever else she did. As for being happy you keep nuzzling my neck like this and I'll be in digital heaven." "Don't worry about Solar," Smiling Flamedramon's ears perk at her second response. "Oh so you like to have your neck nuzzled huh?" hugs her tightly while nuzzling her neck some more, "You know I'm here for you…for whatever you need." Closing her eyes for moment she feels Flamedramon nuzzling her neck softly before opening them back up and hugging him tighter while giving his a light kiss on the cheek, "I know you are here for me… I heard everything you said to Dark Solardramon." Her ears twitch as she glances over at Chamanthermon, who was slowly coming around then back at Flamedramon to giggle lightly, "I guess I owe Cham a big apology huh? I might of hurt his ego… but then again it could have been a little payback for what he did to me," smirks and winks before nuzzling him against the cheek. Flamedramon nods and smirks lightly as he nuzzles Solar's cheek before giving it a soft kiss, "Yeah let's go help Cham up." Pulling away from Solar and helps her up before walking over to Cham and helping him up slowly. "See you should of listened to me Cham. You got knocked out and missed it all… but it's good to have you back and Solar is back too," He says with slight smirk. Chamanthermon's mouth dropped open as he looked at Flamedramon then over to Solardramon, who smirked and waved at him slowly before looking at Flame. "You do realize that you wouldn't have her back if it wasn't for me," He said with a smirk.

Cocking an eyebrow under his faceguard Flamedramon looked at Cham, "How do you come up with that?" "Simple I wore her down for you… seriously you owe me big time for putting myself on the line like that," Chamanthermon smiled while flicking his tail around lightly from side to side. Flamedramon shook his head and rolled his eyes, "Whatever you say Cham… Heh believe what you want to." Solardramon sighed as she looked over at Flame while holding the flat of her claws against her wound. "Solar you're back!!!" yelled a familiar voice causing all three of them to turn to see Icedramon and the others rushing towards them. "Now they all show up," Flamedramon sighed while walking up to Solardramon to notice her wince. "We better get you back home to take care of those gashes." Cham walked over to them and smiled lightly as the spikes on his back retracted back into his armor, "Hop on you two and I'll take you two back… since I was the one that hurt you. Solar and Flamedramon smiled, "Thanks Cham," Solar said as Flamedramon nodded. Cham smiled as Flamedramon helped Solar onto his back and then joined her. "You know I could of taken them back," Icedramon said looking at Cham then at Solar and Flame. "Maybe so Ice but it's my fault she's injured so I'll pack them back… besides do you want blood stains on the shimmering white armor of yours?" Cham said before taking a large step and breaking out into a run. Cubimon smiled, "He's so noble," purrs lightly before looking at Ice and the others. Luamon crossed her arms, "Noble… Heh he's just a glory cat." Icedramon laughed at Lua's remark and the odd look on Cubi's face, "Maybe but come on lets get going."

Chamanthermon made great timing as Flamedramon helped Solar off Cham's back and let her lean on him as they walked inside her house. Solardramon smiled as she laid back onto her bed, "Now if I can get some decent sleep." Flamedramon smiled while softly cleaning the gashes on her side, "I'm sure you'll be able to sleep well." After bandaging the wounds he leaned close to her muzzle and smiled brightly, "Maybe this will let you sleep well." Presses his muzzle lightly against hers before tracing it over her cheek to nuzzle her neck lightly. Solardramon smiled feeling the gentle nuzzle before looking into Flamedramon's eyes as he pulled away from her. "Rest well," He said rubbing her cheek lightly before getting off the bed and walking out of the room to see Icedramon and the others walking in. "So she's back to normal?" Jagiramon asked looking at Flamedramon as the blue jewel on her forehead glowed lightly. Nodding Flamedramon moved over to the couch and sat down, "And she's alright… but I'm curious to know why Dark Solardramon even appeared." "Well maybe Solar was very angry and that brought Dark Solardramon out into the open," Luamon suggested while looking over at the others. "I don't know Solar has always been pretty happy… I seen it in her eyes when we were together," Flamedramon sighed while looking over at Lua. "Then there is something wrong… maybe something is tampering with the dark virtues," Jagiramon looked at the others to notice their odd expressions. "What are you talking about?" Chamanthermon asked while sitting back on his haunches and Cubimon curling up underneath him.

"Yeah Jagira, I mean I haven't heard of any dark virtues," Icedramon and the others looked at Jagiramon waiting to see if she would explain things. Jagiramon shook her head and cleared her throat, "The dark virtues are the opposite of Courage, Friendship, Love, Sincerity, Knowledge, Reliability, Light, Hope, Peace, Patience, and so on." "So how does Solar fight into this?" Flamedramon looked at Jagira closely waiting for her to continue. "Simple Solardramon is Virtue, so that would make Dark Solardramon the holder of the Dark Virtues," Jagira looked back at Flamedramon and the others, "Like they say…" "In every Light there is a Darkness," interrupted a voice as Jagiramon raised her head and everyone else turned to see Solardramon. "I thought you were resting," Icedramon said looking at Solar then at Flamedramon to watch as he got off the couch and walked over to Solar. "I was but I heard Jagira talking and she's telling the truth… and I think she's right some thing must be messing with the Dark virtues because Dark Solardramon said that there was a reason for why she returned but she didn't tell me what it was," Solar sighed while looking at the others. "Well that means only one thing," Flamedramon said. "And what's that?" Cham asked swishing his tail around. "We keep an eye out for anything odd so that Dark Solardramon doesn't return," Flamedramon looked at Solar and wrapped an arm around her. "I'll agree to that," Lua said rubbing her bandaged shoulder. "Let's just hope that the dark virtues do not get released… that would be very bad," Jagira said as the jewel on her forehead glowed brightly.

Solardramon nodded along with the others… not wanting to face the digimon that wielded the armors of the dark virtues… and definitely not wanting Dark Solardramon to arise again. Turning away she looked back into her room where the face guard laid on the floor and for almost an instant picturing Dark Solardramon smirking darkly back at her…but she knew it wasn't real… just her mind telling her to beware and prepare for anything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~

There we go I finally finished this… Heh it was confusing to write at some parts because I haven't really wrote a lot with Dark Solardramon…. Oh well if you like it then let me know… who knows this might actually grow into some more stories… Well any comments or anything then let me know at solardramon_00@yahoo.com