Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ Lisence to Thrill ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

MASKED RIDER!
 
MASKED RIDER!
 
On a distant, and once embattled planet called Edenoi--A Prince named Dex, and his Grandfather, The King have passed on great powers to an Earth-Boy named Davis, and instruct him to use these powers to protect the Earth from the advancing-evil of Count Dregon, and his vicious new Insectorons.
 
Once back home, Davis decides it best to keep his identity secret, for fear of unwanted scrutiny upon him, or the people he cares about.
 
With his companion, Veemon by his side. Davis is ever vigilante, and ready at a moment's notice to call on his powers to become… “Masked Rider!”
 
(MASKED RIDER THEME)
 
MASKED RIDER!
 
MASKED RIDER!
 
MASKED RIDER!
 
(Heroic scenes)
 
MASKED RIDER!
 
MASKED RIDER!
 
(End)
 
 
EPISODE THREE
 
Davis was up and about, early the next morning, much to his parents' surprise. “You're up kind of early today, Honey.” His mom said as she cleaned up the breakfast dishes.
 
Davis was stretching his legs on the arm of the sofa. “Why wouldn't I be? It's my big game today.”
 
Jun looked up from her magazine, her hair wrapped up in a towel, “Now if you could only win a game.” She mocked at him. Davis and his mom gazed at her with a stern looks. “I mean… go knock'em dead, squirt.”
 
Davis just snuffed. Then grabbed his bag and headed out the door.
 
On his way to school, his bag began to move. “Hey! Wha--?”
 
Davis pulled the zipper, and Veemon gasped for air. “Veemon?”
 
“Whew! Davish, when did you lasht clean thish thing?” Veemon panted.
 
“Veemon, what are you doing here? You know I can't take you to school with me.”
 
Veemon knew this, but he was still curious as to what those red and blue orbs, which Dex had fused into him, were for. “How should I know?” Davis said, and then he pointed to his D3 on his wrist, “I hardly know much about my own powers, and right now I know the best thing to do is keep it a secret.”
 
“Keep what a secret, Davey?” cooed a voice from behind. It was Cassie. Davis quickly hid Veemon back in the bag, and covered his D3 with his blazer-sleeve. “Uh… Secret--strategy. Yeah, secret strategies I've been working on for the game today.”
 
Cassie narrowed her eyes, flirtingly. “Oh, really? Care to share with me what they are?” she asked while fluttering her lashes. Davis felt a little nervous but simply said, “Ah-ah-ah… emphasis on Secret.”
 
Cassie giggled, “Well, see ya at the game… Captain Stud.” She cooed while feeling Davis' chin with her finger, and shot him a wink. Then she was off. Davis shook himself awake, “Man! She seems rather infatuated.” He said to himself.
 
When they arrived at school, Davis had almost completely forgotten that Veemon was still in his bag, and let him go behind the school where no one was watching. Poor Veemon had never been happier to be out of that bag where he had been holding his breath for so long. “Sorry, Veemon… you gotta' hang low until School's out.”
 
Then he was gone, into the school, but at least Veemon could go and hangout in the park. It was true Digimon weren't allowed IN the school, but for those who were Digi-Destined, they were allowed to just hang around and even play in the fields, and playground nearby, and at least he saw all the other kids' Digimon in the park.
 
“Hey, Veemon… come join the party.” Armadillamon called.
 
Veemon sighed happily. “Gonna be one of those days…”
 
 
On his way to his locker, Davis bumped into Kari, and they both dropped their books, and bags. “Oh! Sorry Kari.”
 
“Aw, it's okay, Davis.”
 
They both bent down to get their stuff and bonked heads. “Ow!”
 
“Ugh…!”
 
They gazed at each other, and laughed softly. Then Davis passed Kari her books and walked down the hall with his stuff. Kari, however, just stood there holding her books to her chest, and staring at Davis until he was out of sight.
 
Her smiled began to fade… and she was brought back down to Earth by Yolei sneaking up on her and tickle her sides. “Wake up tickle-call.”
 
Kari giggled to almost no ends, “Yolei, cut it out.”
 
Yolei stopped, and they walked down the hall together. “You excited about the big game today?” Yolei asked.
 
“Oh, yeah… totally.” Kari said. “I can't wait to see Davis in action. Uh… I mean--”
 
It didn't matter anyway, Yolei was sensing it from the start of it, and now it was clear. “So, you ARE crushing on him.”
 
Kari resisted the urge to argue. “I guess I am, but… I don't know. He doesn't really seem to feel the way he used to.”
 
Yolei had been noticing a bit about that too, as well as that cheerleader, Cassie always wooing on him. “Maybe you should give it a while longer. You'll see.”
 
Kari wasn't sure, but she did know to trust Yolei, for she was with Ken, the guy of her choice since that long time ago before Ken's evil-side was exposed. If anyone knew how to start a relationship it was Yolei…
 
That's what some believed.
 
 
Meanwhile, Count Dregon was busy trying to come up with plans of his own. “The Masked Rider has returned. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with him?”
 
Double-Face added a point of advice. “Sire. If I may remind you, we know the identity of the Masked Rider, but he is still but a mere Earth-Boy, much more fragile than that of the Edenites.”
 
Dregon turned fiercely, “I'm well aware of this, Thank you. But I asked for suggestions on how to deal with him. I must harness the new Masked Rider powers for my own!”
 
Gork hopped over to Dregon. “Your Majesty, here what I say…
Should we try a different way?
We know the boy's identity, well.
So shall to the world, we reveal and tell?”
 
Double-Face slapped him on the brow. “Be quiet you arrogant Earwig!” he snarled. “If the Masked Rider's identify is revealed, then many other forces shall plot to go after him, and may perhaps acquire the powers before we do.”
 
Dregon slapped his scepter in his hand, “That… can never happen.” He hissed. “And you call yourselves minions? Does anyone have any idea, before I lose my temper and chop off heads?”
 
Nefaria stepped forth with an idea. “Allow me to send the Yanmatron, Sire. He will be able to draw the Earth-Boy, Davis Motomiya into the open.”
 
“Go on!” Dregon said.
 
Nefaria continued to explain, “When the boy least expects it, the Yanmatron will strike. Then you will get your hands on Davis, and the power of Masked Rider will be yours.”
 
Dregon smiled, and nodded at the thought. “Nefaria-- you may proceed.”
 
 
At school, it was time for the big game. The Obadia Pincers V.S the Tokyo Tigers. Some of the members on Davis' team weren't so sure of victory. “Those guys are half a size bigger than all of us.”
 
“Have you seen their goalie? They say he's nicknamed “The Wall”
 
Davis, however, wouldn't hear of his team acting like this. “The bigger they are-- he harder they fall.” he said. “I got plans, don't worry.”
 
Whenever their Captain said not to worry was when they worried the most. Still, they trusted Davis. In all the many games they had played they hardly lost any more than five games a season.
 
Soon, the soccer-field was jammed packed with students in the seats. Davis could see his friends sitting in their usual places. “Go get'em Davis!” they kept cheering. “You can do it.”
 
Davis gazed at his friends and suddenly found himself gazing into Kari's eyes. She smiled, and winked at him. She was hoping to get good pictures of him and the team for the yearbook.
 
Cassie then passed by with her fellow Cheerleader squad on the way to the sidelines, “Go knock'em dead, Bad-boy.” She flirted with him, much to his shyness, and much to Mina's disgust. “What does she see in that dork.”
 
Then, it was GAME TIME!
 
For the first half Davis' team stuck to playing defensively, and made some critical errors in their passes and shootings, much to the disgust of the crowd, but to the thrill of the other team.
 
This, however, was exactly what Davis wanted, but he wouldn't tell anyone why.
 
 
Meanwhile, Nefaria was ready to put her plan into action. “The Yanmatron is ready for departure into the human-world.” She said as she prepared the pod. “Begin transmission, Fact.”
 
“Acknowledged. Transporting now.” chirped fact, and the monster was on its way.
 
 
POW!
 
“I am… the Yanmatron!” he thundered. “Now, let's see. What would get the Masked Rider's attention? Ah, yes...”
 
“THUNDER RAY!” he shouted as lots of lighting began to shake the skies.
 
 
By halftime. The score was 9-0. The Pincers were losing badly, but now it was time to put Davis' plan into action. The Tigers were all worn out and sleepy from pounding too hard, while Davis' team, due to not pushing so hard at the start, were fresh.
 
The played circles around those Tigers and the sore changed, 9-5, within minutes. The cheerleaders went wild, and as promised Cassie was cheering extra loud for Davis.
 
“D…A…V-I-S, Davis really is the best.”
“Go--- Pincers!”
 
Davis was by himself with glee, and his teammates were impressed, however, the impression soon strengthened as the ball was kicked much to high for the players to intercept…
 
That is, until Davis leapt up high, “HU…A-YAH!” and flipped up in the air kicking the ball perfectly into he opposing goal.
 
Everyone gazed in awe, “How did he do that?” TK asked aloud.
 
Even Ken was just as baffled, “Even I was never able to do that.”
 
9-6.
 
“KYAH!”
 
9-7
 
“HUP!”
 
9-8
 
Davis was scoring those goals like he was some sort of super-player, much to everyone's amazement. Now the score was changed, 9-9. Time enough for one last shot, but surprisingly there was no need.
 
“Forget this!” cried one of the Tigers, “I forfeit.”
 
“Yeah, me too!”
 
The boys ran off the field cowering like cats, “Come back here you miserable punks!” he yelled , but their time had already passed, and therefore Davis' team had won by forfeit, but everyone cheered for joy as if they had won the game properly.
 
“They did it!” cried TK.
 
Yolei and Ken hugged each other tighter than ever before. “They Won! They Won!” they chirped together.
 
“Wow!” Kari muttered under her breath, still amazed by the moves Davis had excelled, “He's even more amazing than I thought.” However, her smile faded when she saw Cassie rush up to Davis and hug him endlessly. “I knew you'd win all along, Davey.” She flirted with him.
 
Davis smiled nervously at her, and he nerves begun to spike through the roof when Cassie asked, “Maybe you could share with me your secrets… say on pizza and soda?”
 
“Er… wait! Did you just asked me on a date?” Davis asked.
 
Cassie giggled and then gazed at him while fluttering her eyes, “Well…?”
 
Davis felt sweaty, but his mood was suddenly interrupted when everyone started to look off into the distance at what looked like lightning striking the skies, but there weren't any clouds at all.
 
“What's going on over there?” Cassie asked.
 
Davis had a feeling he knew what it was, and he gazed over at his D3, it was bleeping softly. He wretched himself away from Cassie's embrace, and began to run. “Davey… what's wrong?”
 
“Don't worry, I'll be back.” Davis called back to her.
 
 
In the park, the Digimon all saw the lightning too. It was very far away on the other side of town, but strange nonetheless. “I say… what in the world is that?” chirped Hawkmon.
 
The others didn't know, and then they discovered that Veemon was gone. “Where did he go?” asked Gatomon.
 
 
Veemon could tell that whatever that lightning was, it wasn't right. He met up with Davis in the alley behind the school where no one could see. “You saw it too right?”
 
Veemon nodded, “I don't know what it is, but I'll bet'cha I know who's behind it.”
 
Davis agreed, but his only problem was, “How do we get there fast enough? I can't teleport into town like that, not with so many people around. That could start a wild craze.”
 
Veemon realized flying was out of the question too. All that lightning would blown him down like a hunted duck. “Sho… how do we get there fasht?”
 
Davis' D3 began to bleep, and a voice called out to him. “Davis? This is Prince Dex. Can you hear me?”
 
Davis gazed down at his D3, which began to project a holographic image of Dex on Edenoi. “Yeah, I hear ya.”
 
Dex explained that he and his people had been observing the situation, “And I believe it is time to show you the powers I have given to Veemon.”
 
Davis was told enunciate a phrase while activating his D3, “You ready Veemon?” he asked. Veemon nodded, “Can't hurt to try…”
 
So Davis activated his D3, “Veemon, Rev-up; Mode-Blue!” Then a blue mystical glow escaped from his D3, and Veemon began to feel strange.
 
“Veemon… Rev-Change to;”
 
Right before Davis' eyes, Veemon's body began to morph, and change into a fully-functional motorbike, which would be know as, “…CHOPPER-VEEMON!”
 
“Whoa!” cried Davis, “That was intense. You just turned into a motorbike.”
 
The Digimon Analyzer was able to scan this…
 
 
“CHOPPER VEEMON”
 
A Motorbike version of Veemon capable of many speeds. His Head-Lasers can knock all his oncoming opponents right off their high-rides.
 
“Wow! I feel like a whole new mon” said Chopper-Veemon.
 
Davis always thought it would be cool to one day own a bike. Before Dex left Davis, he reminded him, “Veemon can also take on a different shape with the red-orb I had given him as well. You will learn well.”
 
Then he was gone, leaving Davis to head on his mission. “Ectophase, Activate!”
 
MAKSED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
Once he was morphed, he hopped on Chopper-Veemon. “All right! Let's see what you can do.”
 
“You got it. Here we go!” and they tore off throughout he city with such speed. They were going so fast that all the people they past could only remark, “Woo! What was that?”
 
 
In Dragon's castle, Fact was bleeping wildly. “Alert! Database indicates Masked Rider now equipped with of two superior, technological devices.”
 
Dregon gripped his scepter angrily. “I will not allow him to have any advantage in this battle.”
 
Nefaria decided, “I shall send some Maggots to help even the odds.”
 
 
Soon Davis and Veemon had reached the other side of town, and found what they were looking for. Davis downloaded the data, “It's a Yanmatron.”
 
Yanmatron gazed at him, “Ahh, Masked Rider. I was wondering when you'd show up.” he chuckled.
 
“Well here I am.” Davis snapped at him, “And I'll be happy to send you back to where you came from, and I will! ” Then he leapt down from Chopper-Veemon and over to the monster, ready for battle.
 
“THUNDER-RAY!” The lightning flew straight for Davis who flip up and out of it's path. “A-YAH!” More shots were fired, but not one of them hit. Davis managed to avoid them all.
 
“Go get'em Davis!” Chopper-Veemon shouted. “Silence!” growled Yanmatron and he fired another shot straight for him. Chopper-Veemon, being able to roam with or without Davis on him, rolled out of the way. “Missed me!”
 
Yanmatron was growing furious, but decided to deal with Davis first. “Prepare yourself, Rider!”
 
“Funny, I was thinking the same.” protested Davis, and the battle began. Punches, kicks, blocks, and hits went all over between them. “You're sneaky, Rider, but not as sneaky as I am. BUG SWARM!”
 
Powerful electric-energy shrouded Yanmatron's body, increasing his strength immensely. WHAMM! He punched Davis hard, “G-AAH. ARGH…!” Davis rolled down on the ground hard. “Whoa! That's it... Now I'm angry!” he growled as he got back to his feet.
 
As the battled continued, the Maggots Nefaria had unleashed came to join the fun, and began to huddle around Chopper-Veemon. “Uh-oh! Heads up Davis. I got company he called.
 
Davis saw it, but he didn't know what to do, what with his hands full and all. Even though Chopper-Veemon could defend himself, it wasn't doing him too well. His, “HEAD-LASER!” did hold the Maggots back, but didn't stop them.
 
Davis was even finding it harder to get an opening himself. “SOMERSAUT ATTACK!” shouted Yanmatron, and POW! He struck Davis with his electrified-claws. “WHOA! A-OHH!”
 
“Uh, Davis… a little help here? cried Chopper-Veemon as he continued to drive away from the Maggots chasing him.
 
“Gah, ha, ah, ah, ah. I'm afraid nothing can help either of you now.” laughed Yanmatron.
 
As Davis got back on his feet he realized, “Help?” then the though hit him. “That's it, of course!” then he dashed away from the monster. “Hey! Where do you think you're going?” shouted Yanmatron, but Davis continued to run. Then he leapt up high and onto Chopper-Veemon.
 
“If we can't beat them all separately…” Davis stated.
 
Chopper-Veemon caught on at once, Then maybe we can beat them together.”
 
Davis made a hard U-Turn and began to charge right back toward the Maggots. “Let's hit'em full-force.” he exclaimed. “Yeah! Here goes!” Full-speed was engaged, and they TORE right through those Maggots and knocked them over like bowling pins.
 
“Yeah! STY-RIKE!” Davis cheered. Then he spun round again. “Let'em have it!”
 
“HEAD-LASER!” Chopper-Veemon fired, and Maggots were all destroyed instantly. Now Yanmatron was really mad. “Nice work, boys, but I'm afraid you won't get rid of me so easy.”
 
“Wanna bet?” Davis growled. “Go for it, Chopper-Veemon!”
 
“YEAH…!”
 
The sped forth with all they had. “GRR! THUNDER-RAY!” Yanmatron tried, and he tried, but Davis and was speeding much too fast for any of his shots to hit him.
 
Then, UP THEY WENT. Soaring through the air like a dirt-bike racer, “ELECTRO SABER!” Davis shouted. HE waited until they were just over Yanmatron's head. Then Davis leapt off.
 
“Huh? Uh-oh!”
 
FIRE!” shouted Davis.
 
POW! Yanmatron was his hard. “YEEEAAAH-WHOA-HO-HO…!” he EXPLODED and was gone. “Davis, we did it!” cried Chopper-Veemon.
 
“We sure did, partner.” Davis aid with pride. “It'll take more than that to beat the Masked Rider.”
 
 
Meanwhile, Dregon was--
 
Well he was—
 
Let's just say, furious didn't even begin to describe how he was feeling. “I'm surrounded by FOOLS!” he roared.
 
Gork hopped back a bit, “Fools we all seem to be…
..but the plan was Neferia's it seems to me.”
 
 
“WHY YOU LITTLE CREEP!” growled Nefaria.
 
Dregon pounded his fist on the walls of the castle. “You may have won today, Masked Rider, but the war is not over yet!”
 
 
At top speed, Davis managed to make it back to school before the bell rang. They pulled into an alley, away from the school where no one could see.
 
“Masked Rider, Deactivate!” Davis changed back to normal, and so did Veemon. “Okay Veemon… and remember, not a word about where we were.”
 
“Right!”
 
Then the boys parted.
 
Veemon ran back to the playground. “There you are…?” Gatomon said.
 
“Where we're you, Veemon?” asked Wormon.
 
Armadilliamon added with, “If I didn't rightly know better, I'd say you were taken for a ride. YE-HAW.”
 
“Well… I guessh you could shay that.” Veemon said, but he said to himself.
 
 
As for Davis, he got back in the building just before the second-last bell rang. “Davis…” called Kari. “Where were you?” she asked.
 
“You just ran off without saying anything.” added TK.
 
The others assumed that Davis had only gone out for lunch, and that's when Davis realized that he had been fighting evil monsters all through his lunch-break without eating a thing. “Uh… yeah… that's where I was.” he lied.
 
Then the last bell rang, and Davis' empty stomach growled. “Aw, man!” he thought to himself. “Sometimes being a superhero can really stink.”
 
 
What other forum can Veemon change into…?
 
Will Davis ever get his lunch-break…?
 
Is there really a love triangle forming between Cassie and Kari for Davis' affections…?
 
And what does TK's girlfriend really have against Davis…?
 
All this and many more, on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!