Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New Digidestined Part Three ❯ A New Ally ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own digimon. Why?
 
Chapter Three
A New Ally
 
Katie tossed and turned around in her sleep. She was having a bad dream. In fact, it was more of a nightmare than anything. She was trapped inside a glass box, and there was some sort of monster attacking her friend's. Each of them was being knocked down one by one. TK was the last one standing now, but not for long. Some invisible force hit him, and he fell to the ground. There was blood oozing from his head, and he was dieing, slowly dieing. Katie banged the glass box with her fists; tears flowing freely down her face. `NOOOOOOO!' she sobbed. `STOP IT! LEAVE THEM ALONE!' The golden haired boy stopped moving, and Katie started screaming louder than ever. Then she heard a voice, a soft, soothing, voice.
`Katie? Katie? Katie, time to get up.'
The wine haired girl's eyes shot open, and she heard that soft, soothing voice again. `TK' said Katie, tears forming in her eyes `I had a nightmare. There was blood everywhere, people were dieing. Lot's of smoke. It was terrible.' TK helped Katie up and told her softly `Ssh. It's going to be okay.' `Thank you Takeru' Katie whispered, wiping her eyes. TK laughed. `Since when have you started to call me “Takeru”?' Katie grinned. `Since I started liking you' she said, fluttering her eyelashes.
 
Outside, Junsimon flew over onto Katie's shoulder. `Hi Katie!' she said in a jolly voice. Katie smiled at her digimon. `It's funny to think that we met yesterday' Katie told Jusnimon `I feel like I've known you my whole life.' Katie walked around the camp, meeting a very tired Yolie, a grumpy Tai and a worried looking Izzy. Seeing the look on his face, Katie asked him what was wrong. The red head looked up at her. `Okay Kate, just don't panic.' Katie nodded, and said `Okay. And the name's Katie.' Izzy gulped, before saying:
`The digiport. It's closed. We won't be able to get through.'
Katie stared at him. `How long?' she asked. `A week at the least.' The wine haired girl nodded, realising that her parents would think something happened to her. `Can we call the real world from here?'
`I -I think so.'
`Okay.'
Taking out her cell phone, Katie dialled her Mom's cell phone number. A couple of seconds later, Katie heard her Mother answer.
`Hello, who's this?'
`Um, hi Mom.'
`Katie! Are you okay? Is anything wrong?'
Katie did not want to lie to her mother, but in this case………
`Mom, I'm staying at my friend, Kari Kamiya's house. I'll be gone for a week or so.'
There was a silence between the two for a minute. Mrs. Yamaguchi sighed.
`Okay Katie, dear. But be careful though. I'll call every day to check up on you.'
`NO! I mean I'll be fine. Don't call. Teenager stuff.'
Mrs. Yamaguchi sighed.
`Okay honey. I understand. Goodbye, I love you.'
`Love you too, Mom.'
 
Katie pressed the `hang up' button, before being tackled in the chest by something. She fell over, and saw a blue creature sitting on her stomach, rubbing its head. Katie got up, and asked `W - who are you?' The creature smiled, and said `I'm Veemon, Davis's digimon.' `Speak of the devil' Katie muttered, as the boy hurried into view. `VEEMON!' he cried, picking up the blue digimon, and giving him a hug. Turning around towards Katie, she grinned at him, amused by such behaviour. Davis blushed, and walked away with Veemon. The teenage boy looked over his shoulder, and Katie winked at him. `Katie, why did you do that? You like TK, not Davis.' The thirteen year old shook her head, getting up off the ground
 
Back at camp, Katie saw that it had not been just Davis who had been reunited with his Digimon partner. The other digidestined had met up with their digimon, and Junsimon got acquainted. Everyone started talking and joking, and telling stories about old times. Katie, who was not listening, was thinking about her dream. `What can it mean?' she thought.
`Katie?'
The teenager looked up. Kari was staring at her, her arms folded. `I said, have you ever liked anyone except TK?' Katie blushed a deep crimson, bowing her head. `Well, yeah, but I'm not saying who it is.' `Party pooper' said TK. Everyone laughed.
 
By evening time, Davis and TK had gone off with Patamon and Veemon to get some firewood. Earlier on, everyone had found out about the digi - port, and it hadn't been pretty. Davis had gone off on a rampage, and Katie was the only one who could calm him down. He had apologized after, though somewhat strangely. Katie plopped herself down on the ground, holding Junsimon close to her. `I just can't understand my emotions anymore, Junsi.' Junsimon adored her new nickname, and put on a smile whenever she was called “Junsi”. `I mean, one minute I'm liking this REALLY cute guy, the next I see this other guy just as cute. I don't know what's wrong with me.' Junsimon looked up at her human friend. `Don't worry, Katie. When your heart tells you which boy is the one of your dreams, you'll be able to tell them. You were given the crest of ancient crest of Honesty after all.' Katie smiled.
`Thanks Junsi. Wait, you said “ancient”. What do you mean?'
`Well,' said Junsimon, stretching her small wings `over 200 years ago; there was a magician, who was battling a powerful evil. There were already the other eight crests: Courage, Friendship, Love, Knowledge, Sincerity, Reliability, Hope and Light. Even all of them combined were not enough to defeat the evil. So the magician made two new crests. One of which being yours, Katie.'
`What was the other one?'
`I believe it was Faith. Anyway, in the final battle, the magician weakened the evil by using the eight crests. Then finished it off by combining Honesty and Faith. But the two crests caused a lot of damage with their power. So the magician hid them away, until two children who would be able to control the crests, would come and use them to fight evil.' Kati thanked Junsimon and got up, and walked around the camp. So she was supposed to use her crest to help fight some evil. Great. She didn't have enough Honesty to knock over a tin can. It took her five years to admit she liked TK. And that was in a game of Truth or Dare. Suddenly, TK and Davis came running into camp, yelling that they needed help. Katie noticed that Patamon and Veemon weren't with them, so she decided to help. They formed a group to come and a group to stay. TK and Davis showed Kari, Yolei, Ken, Sora, Mimi, Matt and Tai where they were leading them. Everyone kept on asking what had happened, but Davis would go pale every time, so they stopped asking. Five minutes later, the group pushed through some bushes, and were met by a scene of devastation. All the children and they're digimon gasped. There was a small, grey digimon hopping around frantically, screaming. Tree's had fallen down, and two small creatures were fighting another creature. The creature was over eleven foot tall, and was made of metal. One of its glowing eyes were blue, the other was red. Bits of its armour had been ripped off, and it was clinking mechanically. And there was Veemon and Patamon fighting it. Their attacks went forward, then just bounced off the creature.
`Electric Fist!' it cried.
A blue force appeared around its hand, and flew towards the two-rookie digimon. `That's Mechanomon, a champion digimon' Agumon said `he has the attack power of an ultimate, so watch out!' Katie looked at her digimon. `GO!!!' Katie cried at Becksimon, who had digivolved from Junsimon before they left. Palmon used her Poison Ivy to bring the small, grey digimon to safety. Becksimon flew forward, as did the other digimon.
`Enchanted Darts!'
`Pepper Breath!'
`Blue Blaster!'
`Spiral Twister!'
`Lightning Paw!'
`Poison Ivy!'
`Sticky Net!'
`Bubble Blow!'
`V - Headbutt!'
The attacks flew towards Mechanomon, but he dodged them, using his agile speed. `Let's digivolve!' Tai cried. But they couldn't. There was something keeping them from getting them to the next level. `Katie!' Mimi shouted in her direction `focus, you can do this!' Katie nodded, and closed her eyes. A light came from her pocket, and struck Becksimon. The same happened to Sora and Mimi.
 
`Becksimon digivolve to………….. Meliomon!'
 
`Palmon digivolve to……………. Togemon!'
 
`Biyomon digivolve to…………… Birdramon!'
 
Katie smiled. So she was able to control this power.
 
`Celestial Beam!'
`Needle Spray!'
`Meteor Wing!'
 
Just when they thought they had won, Mechanomon cried `Cyber Shield!' A blue fortress surrounded the champion digimon, keeping him safe from all attacks. Katie's smile disappeared almost instantly; and she felt her feet buckle. She fell to the ground, looking around at what was happening. This was familiar. Too familiar. Her dream. This was her dream.
 
A sphere appeared in the middle of the field, and a small figure was standing in the middle. And that figure was Jason. He was wearing a green shirt with a thick, orange line across the middle and light brown